Astra: Awakening

By schapman706

The apocalypse. Running, hiding, surviving. Getting separated, then finding others. Finding out what's going... More

Starr
Starr
Leon
Starr
Rylie
Leon
Leon
Starr
Rylie
Starr
Grey
Starr
Leon
Starr
Starr
Leon
X-752
Leon
Starr
Leon
Lucian/Valencia
Starr
Author's Note

Starr

8 1 0
By schapman706

I watched as she pulled back her fist, and a white orb formed around her hand. Glowing very, very brightly.

"Nora, you have to go, now!!" I shout to her. "Keep going and don't stop!!"

She stomps on the pedal, and I jump out of the bed. 

"WAIT!! STARR!! NO!!" Leon yells from the inside of the truck. His voice is pained and scared. "NORA STOP!! WE CAN'T LEAVE HER!!!"

"Keep going!!" I shout. "Lucian...what do I do now..."

Imagine a sword.

See it, there in your hand. Feel your fingers grasp the handle.

Now look. In your hand. It's there.

I look into my hand, and see the sword. It was a beautiful sword, too. Silver, yet it glowed purple. Shining beautifully. The blade was straight and pointed sharply, and the cross-guard was made of silver metal, swirling and curving like wind. The pommel was a gem in the shape of a crescent moon. No blacksmith could possibly make something like this. 

Taking it in both my hands, I held it at a ready stance. 

X-752 tilted her head a bit. Like she was mocking me. Then the orb glowed brighter and brighter, growing bigger and bigger. 

"I've been waiting some time to do this." she says, pulling back her arm and running at me. 

"AHHHHH!!" I scream, charging at her, pulling back my sword. When I get close enough, I jump and bring the sword down upon her, swinging hard. 

Taken off-guard, she just barely blocks me with her orb. It throws me back, and I land just barely on my feet, but low. One one knee, but my legs were apart.

She took advantage of me being on the floor, and jumped with her fist pulled back. I somersaulted just in time while she punched the ground where I was, burning a hole in the ground. 

Starr, point the sword at her. You will feel power surge through you, and it will channel through the sword at her.

I obey him and point the sword at her. I definitely feel a sudden power shoot through me, to the sword. A purple beam of light shoots at her, blinding and without warning. 

She shouts in pain, crying out. She fights against it, by trying to get up. She hold up her arm to block it, and white light glows from her hand. 

Smiling, she sends another beam of light. Competing with mine. She pushes forward, making me fly backwards. The sword disintegrated in my hands from her power. 

It's okay. There's more I can do. Let power come to your hands. Let it fill all the way to your fingers. Now, look at the moon and take in it's light.

I do so, obeying him. Letting it all come into me. 

In turn, I feel my eyes glow even brighter. I feel the flow of concentrated energy in my fingers, and up my arms. 

Now, look at her and aim your palms at her.

Lucian, please...I-I don't know if she's ready for this much...

Valencia, stop. I know she can. Look at what you made her do when you first came.

True, true, you have a point there...but those were large orbs. This is a full-on beam of power from the moon. That's a very advanced attack. I don't want her hurting herself.

Valencia.

Calm down.

I've taken beatings from people who's strength could've defeated John Cena. I lived this long in solitude with an apocalypse happening. I killed an entire army with a single arrow.

I can do this.

Aiming my palms at her with my fingers tensed up a bit, I let the energy out. And out comes a glowing purple beam of blinding light at her. 

"AHHHHHHH!!!" she screams. I see her struggle to reach her hand upwards to block my attack. I push forward slowly, and the beam glows brighter. 

"NO!! I WON'T LOSE TO YOU!!" she screams at me. I see her hand slowly begin to rise. Slowly, painfully, she tries harder and harder to block my beam.

She opens her glowing, white eyes. Then her hand begins to glow dimly with the white light. Almost like smoke, the light itself rose like steam. 

"Not today..." she says quietly but clearly. 

Then, like me, she sends a bright beam of light at me. Once again, we're trying to consume the other with our beam of light. 

Neither one of us notice, but both of us begin to float.

With one final push, we both go flying backwards in the air.

Valencia, I need you too. No matter how much power you have, I need you now. Just Lucian isn't enough. She's too powerful.

I'll try...

If nothing comes of it, then I'm sorry. Truly.

Thank you.

When we were thrown back, by then we were floating pretty high. I caught myself midair, and floated a bit more.

You have two lovske's of the Sun, and Moon.

And so, that means you, are of the Stars. Selected by Seriphina the Angelic One.

He's right. 

You are very special.

I feel power on certain parts of my body. I don't know why...but I know what they are. 

On my forehead are yellow silhouettes of horns like Valencia's. I also have tail like her's made the same way. I know I have purple wings like Lucian's made from light as well. 

My eyes were glowing white, too. I don't know how I could tell. 

"YOU COPYCAT!!" X-752 yells. I look up to see her charging at me.

Wait...

Copycat?

Oh, no...

No, no, no, no, no...

I'm becoming like her...no...

Soon will cracks appear on me? Will I be tormented by the world? Will I be locked up in a lab too? Injected over and over with more lovshke's?

They'll find me...

Then I'll be worse...

STARR, LOOK OUT!! 

I look up just in time to see her charging head-on at me, an orb being held by both her hands and ready to shoot.

Then she shoots it at me. 

It comes at me hard, and right when I'm caught off-guard. It sends me flying, flipping over a lot. 

I'm just thrown back, my body limply falling in the air. 

I don't know why, but I called out for someone. 

"LEON!!!" I scream, weakly ricocheting through the black sky. 

I'm getting closer to the forest trees. Closer and closer to the ground. 

I'm alerting Magnus now. 

Leon should be coming out of the truck now. You're almost above it.

She's coming at us. She's getting closer and closer.

I-I can't...

I don't want to become her...

I'm so close already...I'm sorry...

"STARR!!" I hear Leon yell. My eyes are closed, and I'll keep them closed. I don't want to see the confusing blur of color, of trees and the sky, of all the things I'm flying past. 

I feel someone catch me however. Then, I open my eyes. 

Leon caught me. He's got me. His face is determined, but I could detect a hint of fear. 

"Leon!" I say, happy I'm safe. 

"I'm here." he says. Then he flies back down to the truck, and lays me in the bed. 

"I need to finish this for you." he says, standing. "Nora, go!!" 

Then...he flew off. I caught one last glimpse of him leaving, and of X-752 coming at him. Both of them charging into a battle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 41 27
It was so sudden. It was unnoticeable. It was the most unexpected scenario, EVER to happen. Building tops combust in fire, people running aimlessly a...
6.6K 274 22
The world has changed. A lot. I don't know what happened. All I know now is... I have to survive. And now... I can't trust everyone you meet ~~~~~~~~...
58K 2.4K 56
The Vampire world that once stayed hidden is now open, ruling the planet and overtaking all humans. With the gang believing they've lost Annalise, th...
399 27 14
After being rescued from the apocalypse by the government, Rachael finds that its not much better on the other side of the wall. Read as Rachael find...