Stormborn

By QueenSugs41

First book She is older than most. She was feared. She was a queen. One people believed to be dead. For ag... More

Characters
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Aesthetic's
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Second Book/Anwsers

Chapter 16

10.2K 280 63
By QueenSugs41

I think I might do Narrator POV for quite a bit of the rest of the story.

I apologize in advance, this is a long super chapter😫

Everyone was nervous as they approached the gate. Atalanta was in the barrel closest to Bard. He felt better with her closer to him....yet he was unsure why.

One of the dwarves moaned in disgust and Bard kicked the barrel.

"Quiet! We're approaching the toll gate." He spoke and the female inside her barrel who was trying to control her disgust tensed.

"Halt! Goods inspection. Papers, please. Oh, it's you, Bard."

Bard brings the boat up to the gatekeeper office and the gatekeeper steps out to see him.

"Morning Percy."

"Anything to declare?" He asked the bargeman.

Bard looked to the barrel containing Atalanta and frowned.

"Nothing, but that I am cold and tired, and ready for home." Bard said handing Percy the papers.

"You and me both."

As Percy went to stamp the papers in the gates office Bard looks around warily gently brushing his hand over the top of Atalanta's barrel.

"Here we are. All in order."

He holds out Bards papers but before Bard could take them, a man, Alfrid, suddenly steps out of the shadows and grabs the papers.

Like a snake.

"Not so fast."

Atalanta growled softly from inside her barrel and hissed at hearing them stopping.

Alfrid reads Bard's papers, then looks to his load.

"Consignment of empty barrels from the Woodland Realm. Only they're not empty, are they, Bard?" He spoke in his shaky tone.

Alfrid tossed the papers in the ind before walking forward with the town soldiers.

"If I recall correctly, you're licensed as a bargeman, not a fisherman."

Alfrid comes to one of the barrels picking up the fish, uncovering Bombur's eye. Yet Alfrid did not see him.

"That is none of your business." Bard growled and Alfrid smirked snakily at him.

"Wrong, it's the masters business, which makes it my business."

Bard frowned looking to the snake like man, "Oh come on, Alfrid, have a heart. People need to eat!"

"These fish are illegal." He hissed to him tossing the fish into the water before motioning to soldiers.

The soldiers, lead by their captain, Braga, move to comply.

Braga spoke to motioning with two fingers, "you heard him. Into the canal. Come on, get a move on."

The soldiers then went to the barrel containing Bilbo who was next to Atalanta. They started tipping the barrel letting the fish fall in.

Bard was stiff and had to think on his feet, "folk in this town are struggling. Times are hard. Food is scarce."

Alfrid just huffed looking away, "that's not my problem."

Atalanta growled lowly hearing this. Anger rising from inside her.

This man truly did not care what happened to the others. He only cared what happened to himself and she wanted to make him pay for that.

It was loud enough for Bard to hear. He gently rocked the barrel. "And when the people hear the master is dumping fish back into the lake, when the riots start, will it be your problem then?" He asked in a darker voice.

Bard and Alfrid stare each other down intensely as the sound of fish hitting the water was the only noise.

Alfrid raises his hand stopping the men from dumping more fish into the lake.

"Stop."

They tipped the barrel back over before walking away and into the building.

"Ever the people's champion, eh, Bard? Protector of the common folk? You have their favor now, bargeman, but it won't last." Alfrid said before walking away.

"Raise the gate!"

The gate raised and Bard begins to pole his barge through.

"The master has his eyes on you; you do well to remember. We know where you live."

Bard rolls his eyes as did Atalanta. "It's a small town, Alfrid; Everyone knows where everyone lives."

——-

When Bard docked his barge and started knocking over the barrels.

Yet when he came to Dwalin he peaked his eyes out stepping up. "Get your hands off me."

Bard rolls his eyes before going to the barrel holding the Hybrid Queen.

Reaching in he grips her hand pulls her out yet the look on her face made the man grin.

Her nose scrunched in disgust as she looked to herself. Her lip poked out some giving her a pouty look.

"This is the worse smell of all time; and I've smelt some nasty things in my life time." She muttered and he just bent down scooping her legs before setting her on her feet.

She looked to the hobbit who was having trouble getting out of the barrel and she bent down putting her arms under Bilbos.

"Come along master Baggins." She spoke softly making the hobbit stare at her before taking her hand as she sets him down.

She nods to Bard and he nods back. Everyone looked greasy and slimy from the fish.

The dock keeper came forward looking at all of them in shock. Bard approached him and slips him a coin.

"You didn't seem them. They were never here." Yet the woman stepped forward glancing at the woman who looked at her in even more shock.

"You May also keep the fish. No cost." She spoke softly making the man shake slightly.

Bard lead the group away. Dwalin, then Atalanta with Bilbo and then Thorin because he did not trust Bard as far as he could throw him.

A woman in the distance looks up and sees the dwarves, not seeing the woman with them, all in shock.

As they stride down throughout Laketown, Bard's son, Bain, runs up to Bard.

"Da! Our house! It's being watched!" He spoke and Bard looks back to the female and Thorin. A plan hatching.

——-

As Bard and Bain enter their home, after calling out the people who were suppose to be 'spying' on them.

His daughters greeting him, "Da where have you been?" His youngest daughter asked in worry.

"Father! There you are! I was worried." Sigrid spoke to her father. The eldest always worried knowing she would have to care for the family if something happened to her father.

Both hug him relief on all of their faces but Bard pulls back quickly handing a bag to Sigrid.

"There's something to eat and a few other things. Keep them safe. Alright?" He spoke softly to her and she nodded.

"Bain, get them in. Be gently with her."

As Bard looks out the window in thought wondering if what he is doing is right, Bain goes down the stairs to the house which is open to the water.

He knocks on the wall next to the toilet three times only for Dwalin's head to pop up.

"You speak of this to anyone. I'll rip your arms off." He threatened the boy who didn't look one bit scared of the dwarf.

He stuck his hand out to help him up but he just slapped his hands away. "Get off!"

"Up there." He pointed up the stairs.

Dwalin goes up the stairs past the flabbergasted children other than the boy who help many people out of the toilet.

After the Thorin the last dwarf pasted through Bain went to leave but watched as Thorin stayed there looking to the water.

"What are yo-" he was cut off by the female quickly moving out of the water.

Thorin wrapped his arms under her holding her to his chest.

She growled under her breath. "Hate....this."

Bains eyes widen as they land on the woman who was covered to the bone in grime. Looked like she could sleep for a thousand years and stank worse than the pigs.

"I'll...get Sigrid to run a bath." He spoke rushing up the stairs as Thorin and Atalanta move up the steps.

"Da, why are their dwarves coming out of our toilet?" Sigrid asked and Tilda turned to him with a smile.

"Will they bring us luck?" She asked and Bilbo couldn't help but smile at the girl.

"No, but she will." He pointed to the woman appearing at the stairs.

Everyone looked to the dirty female and glanced at them in a tired matter.

"Tilda, Sigrid, please run her a bath." Bard spoke and the girls nod walking away and the female nodded.

"Yes I'm tired of this smell."

———-

The dwarves took small rags and hot boiled water to clean themselves by the command of Atalanta saying she was to regurgitate all over them.

Stripping to the bare, Bain handed them all blankets to keep themselves warm.

Sigrid and Tilda both stood in the bathroom with the tub helping the woman with her clothes.

They saw the scars forming on her back and ones that were already there.

Not saying anything the girls help her into the tub and clean her off.

"I'm going to get a shirt and trousers." Sigrid said walking out leaving her sister.

"I'm sorry for bothering your family little one." Atalanta spoke quietly to the small girl.

The small girl was shocked for a moment. "No....Da is always so lonely and sad after....ma....she was his light." She spoke softly and the older woman turned and smiled.

"Thank you for helping me get clean. I'm still very tired and sore." She nods her head and looks down before looking up.

"You can sleep with me. I have a nice bed!" She spoke happily and the woman smiled.

Sigrid walked in and handed them to the woman. "They might be a bit big but it's only until we can clean or find you something else." She spoke and she was waved off.

"Its fine. Honestly." She spoke taking the cloth handed to her and gently wiped down her wet skin and slipped on the black top that went past her butt.

She pulled on the pants but it was not use, since they kept falling off her body.

Tilda just kept giggling and Sigrid just smiled at the huffing and puffing woman who started to pout.

The soft giggled flowed to the others ears and Bard eased up some. Hearing the noise he rarely hears anymore.

The dwarves relax slightly knowing the man wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his children.

"Um...Bard?"

The man looked to the side and down to see Bilbo holding a beautiful blade that was greasy.

"Do you have anything to clean these with?" He asked and Bard nodded going to the kettle and dipped in a rag before holding it to Bilbo.

"Here, you can clean it with this." He spoke and Bilbo nodded his thanks.

His youngest daughter came out to hand them all blankets as their clothing dries.

"It May not be the best fit, but it'll keep you warm." Bard spoke and huffing brought their attention up to the woman.

"I'll say these clothes are monstrous on me." She spoke and the men just stared at her in awe.

The shirt she managed to tie in a knot at the front making it fit. The sleeves rolled up some so they can actually see beautiful pale hands.

Her hair had steam coming off it and the dwarves all knew why. The pants were actually quite big as well and she had to roll them multiple times to get them to stay on.

She looked to them and smiled not noticing the stares she was receiving.

"Did you bring home some of the fish at least to cook for your children?" She spoke and Bard nodded to his son who pulled out a bag with multiple fish within them.

She quickly went to work pulling out pans and smiled to the girls.

"Why don't you go and grab me so herbs I can make you all tea." She spoke and then went to put the pan over the fire before placing the fish over the fire.

She looked to Kili who was doing worse and looked to Bofur.

"Mind keeping an eye on the fish. So it cooks properly?" She spoke and he nodded to the female taking her place.

She stood before moving to the young dwarf. "Kili. Sit." She demanded they dwarf and he knew she knew.

Yet he tried to protest her. But the one look from the female caused him to give in and sit down. Fili and Thorin right there to hear what she had to say. Pin close by also wanting to see.

She gently untied his bandage and looked at the wound. The poison spreading quickly and she could smell it too.

Her eyes flashed their purplish blue as she examined the wound.

"The poison is spreading and quickly." She whispered and the men all frown.

"Can we do anything?" Fili asked and she looked to him and saw his desperation.

She looked to Bard and then back to him.

"Get rid of him and the son and hid the daughters in the other room and I can." She whispered and they nod.

Thorin went over to Bard and started going on about the weapons they were promised.

He looked to Atalanta who smiled at him and gently turn hiding Kili behind her as Bard came to her.

He glanced at the dwarf before looking to her. His eyes drifting to her hair that started to curl in natural ways.

"Watch my girls for me." He whispered and the female nodded.

"Of course."

The man then went to his two daughters and kissed their heads before grabbing his son and walking out the door.

They all waited patiently.

"Tilda, Sigrid. Would you mind going into the other room. I must clean his wound and don't want you to watch." The female called out softly to the two and they nodded leaving the room.

The minute the door closed she flipped around as the other dwarves came to her side.

"Lay back, bite this." She spoke handing him a wooden spoon.

He put the spoon within his mouth and she looked to the dwarves. "Keep him quiet and don't let him move. What I'm about to do is going to be painful."

They looked to her with a nod and all put their hands on his body ready to hold him down.

Her eyes switched to the complete blue/purple and she started mumbling in her language and let her claws elongate.

"Someone keep watch, so we aren't interrupted. No matter what do not let it stop." She whispered and the men frowned but let her continue.

"Akentosh, Agmar, Alduin aak zey. Sav daar sil. Ofan mok mul. Kog ok sil. Jaaril mok nau ok wundaak"

She muttered as she used her claws to open the wound and he cried out thrashing at the pain. The dwarves struggled slightly to hold him down.

They listen to her mumbled the same words over and over.

Before she bent down and let small flames come from her mouth. It was like magic was controlling the flames. Because it was directed to the wounds and they watched as they worked it's way through his wound.

Kili screamed in pain and Dwalin put his over his mouth to mute him as they had a harder time holding him down.

His breathing increasing and they watched as the poison slowly started remove itself from his leg and were in complete aw.

Oin never having seen such a thing in his life time.

"Bards coming!" Bilbo called out and the female tried to hurry but the process was one that worked on itself.

Her veins slowly turning black and everyone stared worriedly at the female.

"Atalanta..." Fili called out and completely letting go of his brothers hand which hit the female throwing her off balance.

She landed on the ground and his wound festered. Not being able to pull all the poison out.

The female looked to Thorin who kneeled in front of her she closed her eyes as they rolled to the back of her head.

Thorin being the first to react caught her and wrapped the blanket around her.

"Help me get her near the fire." He demanded the men help carry the woman.

Her claws going back to normal as did her skin. "That was nothing I've ever seen before." Oin spoke in awe at what just happened and Balin did as well.

"Kili? Are you alright?" Fili asked and the man looked to Atalanta.

"Is she alright?"

Oin nodded, "yes she's quite alright. Just passed out is all."

He nods and Bard comes in at that time and looks to the group with a frown and sees Atalanta laying against Bilbo who was gently running his fingers through her curls.

His bond with the woman was a strong one.

He looks to the dwarves, "their are still people on watch out there. When it gets darker we will retrieve the weapons." He spoke and they all nod.

Thorin nodded before bending down to check on the female. He placed his hand on her forehead and she shivered in her sleep.

"She is okay." Bilbo whispered to the leader who looked overly worried.

He nods to Bilbo.

Bofur handed out the food and tea to the kids first before handing them to the dwarves.

He wanted to save a piece for Atalanta but everyone had one that their wasn't much left.

Soon the switched so she was laying against Fili who held her to his chest and Thorin watched him with a frown.

How he gently rubbed circles on her arm, how he placed a soft kiss behind her ear. He didn't like it but before he could say anything Bilbo stepped up to him and he snapped out of his slowly growing anger.

He looked out the window to see a wooden tower not to far away. Atop the tower was a windlass, a giant cross-bow like weapon with four arms. Shock clear as day on his face.

"A Dwarvish Wind-Lance."

Bilbo who was sipping the tea from his mug looked at the weapon too.

"You look like you've seen a ghost."

Balin then appeared like he does out of nowhere. "He has. The last time we had seen such a weapon, a city was on fire. It was the day the dragon came."

Thorin looked away sadly and Balin spoke of the day.

"The day that Smaug destroyed Dale. Girion, the lord of the city, rallied his bowman to fire upon the beast."

As they spoke Atalanta opened her eyes slowly unnoticed by anyone and was foggy for a few seconds but when she heard the word beast she became aware of everything around them.

"But a dragons hide is tough, tougher than the strongest armor. Only a black arrow, fired from a wind-lance, could have pierced the dragons hide, and a few of those arrows were ever made."

Atalanta shifted her eyes to Balin who was speaking to the hobbit.

"His store was running low when Girion made his last stand."

Atalanta growled lowly and the rumble made Fili look down to her with a frown.

"Had the aim of Men been true that day, much would have been different." Thorin spoke and yet regretted it as he saw Atalanta stand with a scowl on her face.

Bard glanced at her before approaching Thorin. "You speak as if you were there."

"All dwarves know the tale."

A scoff echoed out the place and they looked to Atalanta.

Her form weak and barely holding herself up. "You speak as if the dragon was the monster the entire time. That the gold within that mountain had nothing to do with it." She growled out and yet before he could do anything he watched as her knees gave out on her.

Eyes rolling to the back of her head as she dropped back hitting the floor hard.

Bard raced forward with the others and he picked her up and Oin glanced at her.

"She needs to sleep. She's weak. Super weak."

They all nod and Bard lifts her up bridal style before carrying her into his room. Tilda ready.

"I need you to watch out for her. Can you do that for me?" He asked the small girl and she nods her head quickly.

———

POV Atalanta

When I woke again it was dark and very quiet. Looking to the side of the bed the small girl Tilda was writing and I smiled.

"Hello little one." I spoke and my voice very scratchy. She looked up and quickly handed me a mug.

I drank the water greedily and smiled to the small girl.

"Where are my companions?" I asked and she looks down and her brother came in.

"The were caught by the guard." He spoke and I immediately stood. I shakily took a step and nearly collapsed if he hadn't caught me.

I grab him as balance before balancing myself out. "Where?" I asked and sighed.

"To the main masters place."

I nod and look to my clothing with a frown. "Do you happen to have any other clothing? A dress maybe?" I asked him and he looked to his sister who nodded and he sighed before going to a chest.

He pulled out a beautiful dress and handed it to the female.

"Be careful with that and hurry. The master of the town is scum."

I nodded as they all leave and looked to the beautiful dress.

The beauty shined through as I slipped it onto my body. The red blending well with my body.

I tied my hair back half way before walking out of the room and the boy followed me.

"Take me to them." I spoke out to the boy who nods his head.

Looking to the girls they stared at me in awe and smile, "Stay here."

———-

POV Narrator

As everyone cheered for Thorin and his great speech Bard spoke up.

"Death! That is what you will bring upon us! Dragon fire and ruin. If you awaken that beast, it will destroy us all." He spoke and Thorin smirked.

"That's is where you are wrong. He have a greater power on our side!" He yelled out and the people whispered anxiously.

Thorin needed their support, "you can listen to this naysayer, but I promise you this! If we succeed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain! You will have enough gold to rebuild Esgaroth ten times over!" He yelled out promises and the dwarves looked to him with a frown.

The people shout in excitement and applauded the dwarf. The master of the town, a fat man, smiling and nodding at the turn of events.

"All of you! Listen to me! You must listen! Have you forgotten what happened to Dale?!"

The people quieted down and shake their heads in sadness.

"Have you forgotten those who died in the firestorm?!"

The crowd yelled in protest. Multiple no's echoed and Bard looked to Thorin who held a nervous look upon his face.

"And for what purpose!? The blind ambition of a mountain- king so driven by his own greed, he could not see past his own desire!"

Bard and Thorin angrily stare at each, the crowd getting rowdier, shouting. But then the master steps forward.

"Now, now, we must not, any of us, be to quick to lay blame. Let us not forget that it was Girion, Lord of Dale, your ancestor, who failed to kill the beast!" He yelled out.

He pointed an accusing finger at Bard and the crowd began to clamor. Bard looks away, as Thorin looked to him with shock and anger.

"It's true sire! We all know the story: arrow after arrow he shot, each one missing its mark!"

Bard looks around as the crowd yells angrily at him as if it was his fault yet before he could speak a voice boomed over them.

"Enough!"

The people immediately went quiet and parted as Atalanta strode by them.

Everyone was in awe of the beautiful woman. The way she strode and held power within every step she took.

Her eyes dark as she looked to Thorin who immediately looked down in submission. Knowing she disapproved.

She looked Bard and he felt his breath cut off as he noticed the dress she wore. She made it look as beautiful as his wife did.

"You yell at the man who could do nothing against Smaug! Yet what did all of you do!? Nothing! You fled like cowards!" She yelled out and everyone looked down in shame knowing she was right.

She turned to Alfred and strode forward snatching the worm of man by his collar.

"You are nothing but a worm under my foot. You would turn on your master if it meant money for you. Your nothing." She hissed shoving him to the ground with a growl.

The coward of a man bent down covering his head in fear of the female.

"You dare speak-" the master of the town tried to speak but she moved faster.

She charged him elongating her claws, "you do not speak in the presence of a queen!"

Everyone went quiet and Bard looked at her with wide eyes.

The masters eyes went wide and looked to the claws that were dangerously close to slicing his neck.

Thorin moved placing a hand on her shoulder only to receive a sharp and dangerous look.

Turning she looked to the people, "it was not Bards or Girion's fault that the dragon destroyed the city!" She spoke out calmly and everyone watched as she stepped down.

"My name is Atalanta Stormborn! The last High Grey Elf of Middle-Earth! I am blood of the Dragon! One of the first beings to rule this land!" She called out and the towns people all gasp.

Silence over coming them none of them unable to think.

"Some of you may know me by the name, Nightingale, or better yet....the white ghost." She spoke loudly and everyone gasped in recognition of the name.

"She's the silver ranger!" Someone yelled out and the female nodded.

"I promise you this! We will enter that mountain with or without your permission!" She yelled out looking to Bard with a steady look. His eyes cast downward.

"I will not say that we will win the fight against Smaug. People will die yes! But I can promise you we will help you rebuild your home! We will give you gold to help you build up your homes again! So you do not live in the cold fear!" She spoke loudly coming forward before looking to Thorin and the group.

She motioned them forward and she watched Fili and Kili quickly moved to her sides. Thorin staying at the top with an angry frown upon his face.

The other dwarves waited a moment before slowly moving to the queen. Dwalin who was most loyal to Thorin did as well. He took his stand next to the woman and stood like body guard to her.

She shook her head before looking to the crowd, "now their is only one thing left to ask." She to them taking a step forward looking to Bard.

She raised her hands into the air, "Are you with me?!"

—————-

Hello my lovelies!!!!!

I want to apologize yet again for how long this chapter was.

I did it for two solid reasons.

1) I wanted to compensate for not updating in a while.
2) I'm wanted to get this whole scene in one go because he next chapter is going to be a freaking crazy one!

I hope you all are doing well! If you are having any problems, anything! I'm here 24/7!

Tell me what you thought of the chapter?! Was it good? Bad? Needing work? I felt it honestly could have been better but that's just me.

Comment what you would like to see happen?! What you think is going to happen?

Love you all! Thank you so much for the support and will see you next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 152 24
One was to think a woman to be weak. Would see a woman stay home where she belongs. To hear silence from a woman unless spoken too. One would expect...
9.2K 293 39
"To fight evil; you must first understand the dark." From the blood of dragons, a child shall rise, Born of fire and fear, her fate sealed with lies...
30.7K 1.2K 23
It's been ten years since that deal has been made and a lot has changed. Enmira is no longer the woman she once was and things are only getting worse...
71.6K 2.2K 29
Violet Potter has been at war for her entire life. It all started almost 27 years ago when Voldemort killed her parents and tried to kill her brother...