The Reject

By FlyingAUnicorn

"Home, he felt like home." Willow Greene was 'Rejected' by the most popular guy in school, Hunter Reed, who w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Seventeen More Days, Or Not.
Chapter 2: The New Tenant.
Chapter 3: When The Night Falls.
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Encounter.
Chapter 5: Welcome to Onyxscar.
Chapter 6: Who Are You Trying To Fool?
Chapter 7: The Prince.
Chapter 8: The Breath Of Life.
Chapter 9: The Night Wolf.
Chapter 10: Doctor Rowan To The Rescue.
Chapter 11: If Not Mates Then What?
Chapter 12: Party Panda.
Chapter 13: Jealousy.
Chapter 14: Because You Exist.
Chapter 15: The Night Is Still Young.
Chapter 16: Girlfriend?
Chapter 17: The Attack.
Chapter 18: The Theories.
Chapter 20: Mine.
Chapter 21: Soulmates.
Chapter 22: 'Sole'mate.
Chapter 23: Willow's New Jam.
Chapter 24: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part I)
Chapter 25: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part II)
Chapter 26: Back To School Yay...Sob Sob.
Chapter 27: The Kiss.
Chapter 28: The Alpha.
Chapter 29: Insecurities.
Chapter 30: Prince Rowan's Harem.
Chapter 31: Lark.
Chapter 32: She's Dead.
Chapter 33: #FML.
Chapter 34: How To Earn Money The Quickest.
Chapter 35: Suspicions.
Chapter 36: Kidnapped!
Chapter 37: Willow's Secret Recipe.
Chapter 38: The Heavenly Tour.
Chapter 39: Meeting The Goddess.
Chapter 40: It Comes To Light.
Chapter 41: The Moon's Mark.
Chapter 42: Where's Rowan?
Chapter 43: Marked (Part I).
Chapter 44: Marked (Part II).
Chapter 45: Marked (Part III).
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter I.

Chapter 19: Red Alert! Rowan's Gone Crazy!

18.5K 790 141
By FlyingAUnicorn

Willow was put back in the room she was previously in. She didn't know why but she felt like she was caught red handed and felt guilty. She also followed the maid back because she wanted to process everything. Had she actually transmigrated or was she dreaming? But if this was a dream, it was one hella' long dream. On the other hand, she didn't want it to be a dream.

Why?

Because it's not every day that you transmigrate. As the saying goes 'YOLO'!

Willow paused when a thought occurred. Was she dead? If so she should believe in 'YOLT' which stands for 'You only live twice'.

Willow shook her head. She shouldn't be happy when she just died. Should she mourn for herself? But what of her life back home? Would anyone miss her? There was her mother and Melody and Rowan—the vampire, or maybe not. She wasn't sure what part was reality and what was not. The night before felt too real to be a dream and too absurd to be real.

Willow picked the jug from the table and poured a glass of water for herself. She gulped it down. She was quite thirsty. Looked like transmigrating took a lot of energy.

When the maid had directed her back to the room, she had handed Willow a robe. Willow was glad for it, since she felt cold all over at the thought that she wasn't in her own world.

Willow wondered what she was supposed to do here, in this unknown world, shaking her head she remembered that this world does not have the love of her life. WiFi! Oh what should she now!

Willow was about to fall into a pool of depression, but then she remembered that the slip she was wearing was very provocative, unlike the conservative clothes people wore in the historical times. She was sure that the ladies of that time did not wear something so short in the time. Or maybe they did and she was just not aware of it

Willow preferred to think positive in this situation, she had transmigrated into a modern novel. Yes, and they also have WiFi, webnovels and webtoons and the most important thing—Nutella!

Thinking back even the maid she had previously met did not wear ankle length gown but her skirt fell right below her knees.

Willow heard a soft knock on the door, the door opened before she could answer.

Willow stood up in shock and pointed a finger at the person at the door. "Natasha what are you doing here?"

"Let me explain." Natasha looked nervous standing near the door.

"Did you transmigrate along with me?"

Natasha blinked. "What?"

Willow's eyes widened when she recalled the night before. "You were there the night before."

"Yes, I was. Now please let me explain. I know it's hard to accept this."

It wasn't. Not really. She had safely transmigrated. In one piece. And the biggest part is she wasn't alone.

"Rowan's here too?"

"Yes." Distress passed through Natasha's eyes.

"So the three of us transmigrated together." Willow muttered.

"What? What do you mean by transmigrated together?"

"Well, did we not?"

"Willow, do you remember what happened?"

"I don't know. I'm confused." Willow sighed. She wasn't sure what to believe and what not to. But she wanted to believe that they had transmigrated and that Rowan was a—a human. Her mind had been in denial all this time. "So what happened," Willow paused. "Is that all true?"

Natasha nodded.

"And we didn't transmigrate?"

Natasha shook her head.

"And you are a—" Willow couldn't say it. "Rowan's too?

"Willow." Natasha sighed.

"Does mom know?"

"No, she doesn't."

Willow nodded.

"Were you planning on eating me?"

"No." Said Natasha. "At least I wasn't."

"Good to know."

"We don't eat humans, by the way."

"You just drink, their blood. Right. Give me a moment." Willow said, trying to act nonchalant, but this was still too much for her to take in.

Willow sat back down holding her head in her hands. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. But oddly she wasn't as shocked as she was the other night. She felt a lot calmer than before. As if some part of her already knew that Rowan was inhuman, not in a bad way. But the way he looked, he looked like an angel with those golden eyes of his. Who would have thought that he actually wasn't human but a vampire.

Willow raised her head and look at Natasha who was still standing beside the door. Willow felt like a deer being stared at by Natasha was just a harmless trespasser.

"Where's Rowan?"

Natasha's eyes widened as if she had forgotten about him. "He's," Natasha paused as if she couldn't bring herself to talk. "He's hurt."

"Hurt?" Willow was shocked since she had witnessed with her own eyes when Rowan was swatting the flies—no, the wolves away. He looked invincible at the moment.

"Well, he was poisoned."

Willow raised her brows. Was Natasha playing with her? "Poisoned? How in the world was he poisoned by swatting the wolves away?"

"The rouges had injected themselves with poison. His Highness, he drank their blood, though the poison wouldn't kill him but he doctors can't make out what poison it is and no antidote can be made."

Willow was silent, she didn't know what to say. Rowan was poisoned? Is he well? She hoped he was. At last she said, "Can I see him?" Willow didn't want him to die. Though she hadn't know him for long, but he was very dear to her.

"Well you can. That is what I wanted to ask you too. To see him that is."

Willow stood back up and walked over to the door to Natasha. "Let's go."

Natasha started walking, Willow followed her. "Why did you want me to see him?" Asked Willow, in case she misunderstood she added. "Not that I don't want to."

"Do you believe in Soulmates?" Natasha asked a question out of the blue.

"No?" She believed soulmates existed, only in books.

"Sorry to cut it out to you but Soulmates exists." Natasha turned around as id expecting a dramatic reaction out of her.

Willow blinked. "Ohemgee." Willow deadpanned. Soulmates being real was just another thing. Though she had a dramatic reaction to Rowan being a Vampire the day before—she also fainted, how embarrassing!—she had readily accepted the news today. The fact that soulmates were a thing didn't come as a big shock to her.

"So what's your point?" Asked Willow.

"Well, we've concluded that you must be His Highness' Soulmate."

"Right." Drawled Willow. "Who is his Highness again."

"Prince Rowan."

Willow blinked, speechless. "Prince Rowan?"

"I'll explain it all to you, but we don't have time. So long story short we need your blood."

"My blood." Willow stopped walking. "Natasha you said you won't hurt me!"

"You're misunderstanding," Natasha too stopped walking, she turned around to look at Willow. "We need your blood to cure Rowan. That too not in a large quantity."

"But my blood can't be the only antidote."

"Well, that's what I'm not sure about. The other night, the rouges were after you and—"

"After me?"

"Yes probably because you smelled like the Alpha of the Night Howl Pack. Where they were planning on attacking."

When Willow heard that an image of Hunter popped up in her head. Was it him? She did come in contact with him and knowing all those supernatural creatures they have sensitive noses.

"Didn't you say Rowan is a Prince? Shouldn't they be attacking a Prince instead of a pauper? I am the pauper here, if you didn't guess."

"First, His Highness is one of the strongest, he can mask his scent very well, and not many people know that Rowan was in Onyxscar." Said Natasha. "Second, they were all trying to climb the stairs to get to you, and Rowan didnt let a single Rouge touch the stairs. Doesn't that mean he's protecting you? His Soulmate?"

Willow shook her head. This was a lot to take in. "What if he's not my Soulmate and was doing it just because of our friendship." Friendship of not even ten days, the days when he had ignored her was also counted. But Willow didn't mention that.

"That could be it." Natasha pursed her lips. "But do you feel attracted to him?"

She did, but Natasha wasn't the person she would be telling this. "No."  But her face which burned on its own accord gave her away.

Natasha narrowed her eyes at Willow's visible blush.

"Come on! Look at him. Who wouldn't be attracted to him?"

"He also called out for you. Unless of course he's talking about some other Willow or the tree.

Willow felt her face growing hotter if that was even possible. But what if he was actually talking about the tree!

Natasha finally came to a stop in front of a door. She turned to look at Willow. "I forgot to tell you one thing. The poison is acting up and Rowan isn't himself, so you should be calm and careful."

"Okay be calm, give him my blood and try not to die. Sounds easy." Said Willow, fisting her hands which had started sweating.

Natasha patted Willow on her shoulder, before she knocked on the door.

When the door was opened from the inside by a maid Willow heard a growl. She was suddenly reminded of the werewolves from the other night. She peeked in and her heart stopped.

Inside the room were around six people. Two of them were in maid uniform, there was a doctor and there were three women all wearing a robe over their clothes. Everyone inside looked distressed.

But what scared her was Rowan lying on the bed, chained to the bedpost. He wasn't like the Rowan she knew. The Rowan she knew always had a dignified and elegant air around him. He was like a Prince out of a fairytale. But the Rowan on the bed was nothing like him. His eyes looked like a wild animal's, all guarded yet ready to strike. He kept on pulling at his hand which was handcuffed to the bedpost with such s force, Willow was sure it would break free, but his wrist was ringed with burn marks around where the handcuff rested. He kept of howling in pain and growling.

Watching Rowan lay there broke Willow's heart.

When Willow walked in, everyone looked at her, even the Rowan lying on the bed paused pulling at his hand before he stared pulling at it more vigorously grabbing everyone's attention again, making Willow step back in shock.

What did Natasha mean by saying that Rowan isn't himself? Of course he isn't, but he has gone crazy!

Willow felt like her wrists that were wrapped in a gauze, were tingling in pain. She silently cursed Hunter for holing her hands too tight. Rubbing at her wrist she stepped forward, one step at time.

Willow noticed that Natasha was talking with one of the ladies who was wearing a red robe. What they were talking about, Willow couldn't tell since they seemed to be whispering. But Willow didn't care either, watching Rowan on the bed made her want to give up everything and do something. Anything to help Rowan. Maybe she could go look for a poison expert? They are the ones who normally cure the poisoned book characters better than the doctors.

Natasha turned around. "This is Willow."

The other lady nodded at Willow. Should she nod back? Willow didn't know. But gratefully she didn't have much time to power over it.

"Everyone should leave. I don't think she wants to be watched." Said the Red robed lady.

On a closer inspection Willow noticed that the lady looked oddly familiar, she looked a lot like Rowan. But she didn't have his golden eyes. She had the same blue black hair like Rowan. Not to forget her exquisite face. Willow wondered if she was his sister. She looked too young to be his mother.

Watched? What was red robed-probably Rowan's sister saying?

Willow didn't want to leave Rowan. She wanted to stay beside him, though this Rowan scared her greatly. She reluctantly turned around after the two maids stepped out.

"Willow where are you going?" Asked Natasha pulling her to stop.

"Outside?"

Natasha took a deep breath. "You should stay. Remember the part about blood?"

Willow blinked. She did remember. Willow felt shocked. Though she had been reluctant to giving her blood to Rowan, but now that she saw Rowan she wanted to give her blood to him, all of it if that is what will help him. That scared her though, why was she suddenly having suicidal thoughts?

"I think one of us should stay here." said the pink robed lady. Who was just as beautiful, and Willow felt there were points in her face that looked familiar to Rowan though she didn't have his hair or eyes. Other sister? Maybe.

"What if he ends up hurting her? I don't think he'll be happy when he wakes up."

Nerves bundled up in Willow. She felt even more nervous than her first time taking part in a school drama in kindergarten. She had played the role of an apple tree.

"So I think I should stay." Finished the pink robed lady.

The Red robed lady pursed her lips. "I think I should stay here. If she is Rowan's mate then that makes her my daughter-in-law."

Willow choked on air. Daughter-in-law? So she wasn't Rowan's sister but his mother? She looked too young. Willow then remembered that Vampires did not age.

"But I want to—"

"Your Highnesses, you should both leave. Or ask her who she'd prefer." Voiced out the youngest of the ladies, she looked to be Willow's age. She was wearing a blue robe.

They all turned their heads to Willow.

"I—" Willow felt her face flush looking at them fight over who would watch her demise. "I'd prefer to be alone."

The Red and pink robed ladies pursed their lips.

The blue one nodded. "Call for help if you need anything. We will all be outside."

Willow was then left alone in the room. The door shut behind them. Willow turned her attention over to the restless Rowan on the bed. Willow jumped when she found him staring back at her.

"Rowan." Willow called out. "Rowan do you hear me?"

As if answering to her, he stopped pulling at his hands.

Willow slowly moved forward. "Are you crazy? Why would you drink the wolves' blood?"

Rowan let out a low growl, scaring her for a moment. But he stayed quiet after that.

"So they think that I'm your Soulmate. Absurd right?"

Rowan stayed silent.

"They also think that my blood will cure you, so I'll give you." Then Willow added as an after thought. "A little bit. I still want to live."

Now Willow was standing right in front of Rowan. She didn't know how she was supposed to give him her blood. Should she bare her neck to him? But that would put her in an awkward position. She would have to straddle him.

After a moment of hesitation she stared at her thumb. You will be missed...blood.

She extended her arm forward and touched him on his head. His soft curls came in contact with her. He didn't pull back. Maybe he hasn't completely gone crazy and the normal Rowan was still there.

Willow felt Rowan rub his head on her palm. Willow was reminded of Cookie, her late dog.

Willow raised her other hand, and touched Rowan's fangs with her thumb, lightly at first till she pierced her thumb and blood seeped out. Rowan who had been harmlessly rubbing his head on her palm froze his eyes travelling to her hand.

Rowan's eyes darkened as he kept on staring at her thumb. Then he stuck his tongue out licked her thumb. He licked at it again, he moved his head forward and took his thumb in his mouth and sucked on her thumb.

Willow felt her cheeks growing red, but she knew from the immense pain on her thumb that it won't stay red for long.

Willow shut her eyes tightly, her other hand gripped Rowan's hair. But then she heard a crack and then another making her open her eyes wide and felt hands on her waist.

Willow gasped when she saw that Rowan had broken free and the the bedpost had cracked in the middle which broke Rowan free.

Willow might have been hurt watching Rowan handcuffed but now all she felt was dread as Rowan pulled her thumb out and pulled her closer to him. His face moving to her neck.

And slowly his teeth sunk in her skin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 14.7K 21
Klynn Blaire was a werewolf with the status of omega. He isn't liked by any and beat up by all, his life was full of shit. His 18th birthday would be...
2.3M 74.4K 90
Soul mates An invisible force that ties the fate of two people together in a strong unbinding red thread of love. The person with whom you fall in lo...
1.8M 54.7K 27
"How do I know you won't reject me as well?" I reply, staring at the handsome Alpha who has somehow made it past my walls. He reaches a hand towards...