It Started With A Run

By sydxdidly

Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family... More

Introduction
~1~ Quaint Little Town
~2~ Code White
~3~ Extraneous Problems
~4~ Sense of Humor
~6~ Nacho Day
~7~ Ms. Queen Of The Jungle
~8~ The... Incident
~9~ Mission Impossible Style
~10~ It's 5:10 P.M.
~11~ The Lion's Den
~12~ NO!
~13~ My Best Friend
~14~ Party Size Oreos
~15~ Hot Tears
~16~ Double A
~17~ Oh God...
~18~ Au Revoir!
~19~ Mystery Man
~20~ For Tarah
~21~ Psychotic Bitches
~22~ Sneaky Secret Agent
~23~ Anna, Tyson, and Tarah
~24~ It's a Surprise, Surprise
~25~ Touché
~26~ The Ultimate Mini-Golf Master
~27~ Day 1: Your Humor
~28~ Three Strikes and You're Out
~29~ Now or Never Boo
~30~ Crazy and Content
~31~ Freaking Freaker
~32~ Successful
~33~ Why Does He Even Care?
~34~ Cookies and Strawberries
~35~ Happy Tears
~36~ Tony Take-Down
Epilogue
The Quaranteens: Stuck

~5~ Crazy Ex's

389 13 3
By sydxdidly

Cameron POV
~Edited~

I woke up the next morning a little earlier than usual and told my sister that I was going to have to drop her off earlier too. I got dressed and quickly dropped off Camille at her middle school.

I drove over to Anna's house using the address she gave me this morning. When I got there I realize she was being serious when she said she was pretty well off. She had a good-sized house that looked like it took a good amount of money to maintain.

I texted her to let her know I was there and less than 5 minutes later she was in my car and we were off.

"So any crazy ex's I need to worry about?" Anna asked to break the silence.

"Crazy ex's?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, ex-girlfriends that might get mad at me for even looking at you. I mean we're going to be spending a lot of time together so I just want to know If I'm going to be attacked."

I laughed at the fact that she thought that people would attack her for me.

"Nope, I do have a girlfriend though. I'll explain to her that we're just friends and hopefully she'll be fine."

"Oh yeah! I forgot about her. But anyways, 'hopefully' means she's definitely going to try to kill me. I'll keep an eye out." I laughed as we got to school.

I walked in and showed Anna where my locker was. I offered to help her figure out where her's was, but she denied any and all help coming from me. She said something about "being able to handle it on her own."

While I was waiting for her to figure it out I saw Lizzy.

I hadn't talked to her since the fight yesterday and I hate not talking to her that long. It seemed she didn't really care, seeing as she was extremely interested in feeling the biceps of one of my teammates.

"Hey babe, what's up? You didn't answer any of my texts?" I said approaching her and whoever the guy was.

She looked at me as though I was bothering her and not a concerned boyfriend.

"Sometimes I just don't want to answer you. Is that such a crime?"

"No, but-"

I was cut off by the vibration of my phone.

Need help, meet me at your locker. ~A
7:04

I smirked and quickly said, "I'm so sorry, but I have to go Lizzy."

She didn't even reply before resuming whatever conversation she was having with the random guy.

I was half expecting her to get jealous or mad when I just left her like that but she didn't even care. If I'm being honest right now, that really hurt.

I saw Anna standing by my locker and tried to brighten up my mood. She didn't do anything to me. She doesn't deserve any rude treatment right now.

"Well, well, well, I see someone realized that they can't do everything on their own and they need help from the master," I said pointing to myself with a cocky smirk.

"What? Hardly. I actually did find the locker... It's just..." She trailed off.

"What is it that you need help with Anna?" I asked.

She didn't respond.

"Come on, just say it." I urged.

"Nope! Nevermind, I shouldn't have even brought it up I'll figure it out on my own."

She started walking away, but I grabbed her wrist and turned her around.

"C'mon Anna" I said with a smirk. "I won't even tease you about it. I'm supposed to be helping you remember?" I dropped her wrist.

"Actually I'm supposed to be making sure you don't mess up the plan." She said, gesturing to herself and then to me.

"Yeah, but what's our cover story?" I asked, knowing I'd won.

"Whatever lets go to my locker." Anna said grabbing my hand and dragging me over.

I started to laugh at her stubbornness but my laughter was short lived when Elizabeth walked over and broke me and Anna's hands apart, immediately intertwining ours together instead.

I didn't like the feeling nearly as much.

She put on a sickly sweet smile for Anna, turned to me, then said, "Cam... Baby! I've been looking for you everywhere! Do you wanna go get breakfast with me?"

I looked at her confused. A second later I realized what she was doing and knew she had no right to. I immediately untangled our hands.

"Sorry babe but I have to help out Anna."

"Aww, well of course! You are the Golden boy and you have to keep up your image." She said with giggle that didn't sound genuine at all.

"How do you even know... Anna was it?" Lizzy asked after giving Anna yet another unnerving smile.

"Yeah, and she's a family friend. I met her a couple years ago and her and her family just moved here."

"Oh, are you an only child Anna?" Lizzy questioned. That was an odd thing to ask...

"Nope, I have a twin brother. He goes to another school though. Different interests I guess." Anna responded with a laugh.

"Hm, interesting. Well, I'll just leave you two. Have fun with the tour! Bye Cam Cam!" Lizzy said right before she kissed me.

It was a little peck, but still very odd. Lizzy isn't one for PDA. Not even a peck like that so I was extremely confused.

After she left Anna sighed, exasperated. "I honestly can't believe you're really dating her. She's so... annoying. And obviously controlling because we all know she wasn't looking for you. I'm not going to feel an ounce of guilt when we take down her family."

"Yeah, I know." I looked down at the ground. "I'm not happy with our relationship anymore but... I really loved her you know?" Why am I telling her this again? I don't even know her.

"Well you shouldn't stay in a relationship based on what the person was, if they aren't like that anymore. You have to move past the memories and everything you felt before and realize that she doesn't make you happy anymore."

I looked up from the ground and when my gaze met with Anna's I saw her smiling up at me. It wasn't fake like the ones I got from Lizzy everyday. It was filled with genuine sincerity. It was different. It was a nice change. 

"Wow Anna, that was actually really helpful. I wasn't expecting that from you. Thanks!" 

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. I returned her smile with an almost identical one.

"See! I'm useful when I need to be!" She said punching my arm playfully.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I helped Anna open her locker and took her to her first period. I met her in all her classes, and did the same the rest of the week.

I gave her some freedom the next week, but still walked her to some of her classes.

Today's Monday, a week from the day we have to meet Tyson, and we really haven't managed to get any information, but I'm planning on filling her in on a plan I made today. She insisted on me letting her at least walk to lunch by herself today and after a while I agreed. I'm not sure why, but I get the feeling that something's going to happen if I leave her alone too long. Whatever, I'm probably just being paranoid. 

My 4th period teacher held me back a couple minutes into lunch, and I hoped Anna wouldn't be too irritated that I look longer than usual. I walked into the lunchroom and what I saw was nothing near what I was expecting.

"What is wrong with you!"

Is what I heard before all hell broke loose.

A/N
Hi everyone!

What'd you think of this chapter?

What do you think is happening in the cafeteria?

Do you think Cameron will ever break up with Elizabeth?

If you enjoyed this chapter remember to like and comment guys :)

Bye loves~
Syd.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 93 43
~~~~ Finally the day is over, things could have gone a lot worse but the only bad thing I got from today was getting paired with Tim in a business st...
2.1K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...
1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
138K 3.8K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...