Bloody hands

By AnaDWinter

After a long trip in Europe, (Y/n) returns to her hometown. The place hasn't changed nor did the house in whi... More

Prologue
1- Sign of the Time
2- Meet me in the Hallway
3- We haven't spoken in years
4- Lovely
5- The Kids aren't alright
6- One Call Away
7- Lucky Strike
8- Strawberry Cupcake
9- Girls
A/N : Yuu and Ken's playlists
11- Talk too much
12- Can't Stop
A/N : Characters playlists
13- Intertwined
14- As it was
15- Midnight City
A/N : Characters aesthetic boards
16- Holy Lover
17- Woman
18- Lemon Boy
19- Almost Sweet
A/N : Poll For The Book
20- Sweet tooth
21- House of Cards
22- Should have known better
23- A cup of coffee for the soul
24- Drop the Guillotine
25- Overthinking
26- Nothing really matters
27- Me and your Girlfriend
28- Heartbeats
29- Loving is easy
30- Not Ok
31- Love on the Brain
32- Stereo
33- Sedated
34- The Only thing
35- Side Effects
36- Sweet Tooth
37- Number One
38- Hour Glass
39- Ride or Die
40- Safe and Sound
41- Lost on you
42- Spiralling
43- I want to know what love is
44- History of Violence
A/N
45- SOUR
A/N : I'm back !
46- favourite crime
A/N : Happy New Year and a surprise

10- Cold Water

4K 159 67
By AnaDWinter

Ken stood over a patch of pink camellias, water can in hand as he distractedly irrigated them. He then crouched down in front of the flowers, touching the soils to make sure they were humid enough. A small affectionate smile curved his lips as his chocolate eyes gazed at the delicate petals. 

His love for gardening started when he was but just a child. His mother would tend to their garden every Saturday morning with the greatest care and he enjoyed joining her, even if just to watch and learn. At some point it had become their ritual and they would be outside planting whether it was raining sun rays or actual water.  However the more attention the dark haired male gave to his passion the more bullies he seemed to attract.

Now that Ken thought about it, this was to be expected. He had always been different from boys his age. He was more sensitive and seemed to be the epitome of a cry baby, furthermore he liked flowers and was shy like a doe. This possibly made him the perfect pray for his classmates in need of reassurance regarding their ego. Now he wasn't trying to make excuses for these guys who made him their victim, but he wasn't the kind of person to hold grudges or to express his anger or resentment. He already had enough feelings to keep on check, focusing on his hatred would only render his burden heavier. 

However there was one thing his bullies did gifted him. (Y/n). Without them he felt like he would never have gotten the chance to talk to her or even get close to her in the first place. After all, before this fateful day, even if they had always been neighbours, she never looked his way or even knew about his existence. But during this fateful afternoon, her pretty eyes were only on him. However it was such a shame she had to see him in such a state. 

It was on a Monday after class. It was the beginning of their first year in elementary school and a group of boys he knew well had decided to greet him in their own way. They had backed him up behind the school's grounds and had proceeded to give him some hurtful words he hadn't even been able to process due to the pain his tiny body was enduring under their punches and kicks. But he had heard what they had to say a fair amount of time to know what they had probably voiced. 

'Cry baby'

'Freak'

'Weirdo'

'Coward'

'Binoclar'

When they felt their victim had received a fair amount of beating, they had left him on the ground, crying and whimpering, lonely. 

However, after a few minutes of him wiping off his tears and letting out hiccups, (Y/n) had taken a seat beside him on the ground. It was the first time her sweet voice was actually destined for him, and him only. 

He could still remember her beautiful (e/c) eyes full of worry and focused on him as she inspected his bruised lips and bloody nose. She had placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and he had flinched, unintentionally. At the time, he had despise her presence, he hated that her first impression of him was this poor beaten up weakling. Couldn't she have acknowledged him before ? Like this she wouldn't only think of him as a victim. 

However what he loathed the most was that, for a moment, he expected her to mock him and leave, like everyone did. No one ever seemed to care about his classmates' abuses. 

But she had given him a sorrowful smile, full of kindness and empathy, before retrieving an immaculate handkerchief from her pocket and gently wiping the blood under his nose. Meanwhile, his eyes had been set on her gentle features, the cute crease between her brows as she focused  on tending to his bruises and scratches, the way her eyes shadowed with worry when he winced, how her delicate fingers would graze his pale skin every now and then. 

Then, after she had cleaned up the blood she had carefully placed a duck patterned plaster on his injured knee and had handed him his fallen glasses, gently placing them back on the bridge of his nose. 

In this moment, he had realise that his neighbour and crush, was in fact, even more perfect than he had imagined her to be. In fact, he even surprised himself thinking that she may have been a true angel from heaven, gracing the dirty human kind with her presence. And he must admit that this thought still stuck to his mind as of today. 

After this day, the bullying continued and it still carried on to this very moment, in high school. However, somehow, whenever this happened, thoughts of her and their fateful encounter would cloud and shield his mind. She had became his safe haven. 

His fingertips grazed the delicate pink petals of the camellia before him. While they weren't his favourite, he couldn't deny that their meaning had a way to his heart. Maybe he could gift her some one day ? Would she know their meaning ? If so, how would she react ? 

"I expected you to be here. I wanted to talk to you." A masculine and mature voice he knew all too well interrupted his peaceful thoughts. 

The black haired male turned around, his brown eyes finding his older sibling's crimson ones. Ren stood before him, in his neat and spotless white dress shirt and straight black trousers. Upon seeing how his own clothes were stained with dirt and water it, Ken once again realised how different they were from one another, and this not only in looks. 

Ren had always been fairly tall for his age and had a lean musculature. He was the embodiment of the perfect CEO their father expected, charismatic and charming. Then, no one could ignore his handsome features ; dark brown hair, deep and piercing crimson eyes, high cheekbones and pale unblemished skin. 

On the other hand, Ken had always been on the shorter side and had always been pretty fragile looking. Then he didn't possess even a fourth of his brother's stance and presence and had always been quiet, barely noticeable. Finally, to complete their differences, he had taken on his mother's ebony locks and her poor eyesight as well. 

"Could you at least pretend that you're actually listening to me ?" The brown haired male sighed in exasperation, hands on his hips as he gazed at his younger sibling who hadn't even gotten up to great him. 

Ken stopped his examination and shyly got up from his spot beside the camellias, now facing his brother and wiping his dirty hands on his apron. His chocolate coloured eyes hesitantly made contact with the older man's crimson ones.

"S-Sorry... What did you want to t-talk about ?" 

"Actually your mathematic teacher came to me to complain about your grades. And while I knew equations aren't your strong suit I think it is in your best interests to improve your performances. Don't you think ?" The male explained clearly, emotionless as ever.

The shy male averted his gaze to the side, fumbling with the hem of his shirt to get rid of his building up anxiety. Okay, he knew he wasn't the best in maths but he always made sure to at least have the average marks. However what hurt the most wasn't his teacher's harshness, but rather the fact the person he chose to confess his worries to. If the male felt like a failure in comparison to his sibling, now he sure could confirm he was. After all, Ren was excellent in everything he did. From literature to economy, from business managing to god knows what else... Gosh he was even successful in maths even though, just like Ken, he despised it !

However the black haired male knew his place and therefore chose to quieten his inner insecurities rather than to lash out at his brother. 

"I-I know my grades in maths aren't the best b-but I'll try to improve..." He paused, eyes still avoiding the older male. Then he inspired deeply before voicing the question he had been longing to ask.

"M-mom told be you'll be... Coming to diner this week... Will you come this time ?" His tone was hopeful. Because, even though he hated how he felt like everyone compared him to his brother, he still loved him. The same blood flowed in their veins, and he couldn't forget how many times his brother stood up for him against their father when they were young. Then he couldn't pretend like his brother's perfection came from free will. 

The teacher exhaled slowly, his body relaxing slightly at the mention of his mother. Even thought he couldn't always come to diner, he always looked forward to these peaceful family gatherings. The hint of a kind smile even touched his lips. 

"Yes, I'll also bring dessert so tell her not to worry about it." 

After this last line, Ren turned around, ready to depart. However he addressed his brother a last strained smile. 

"You're better without glasses. She is right." But soon his eyes darkened as his smile faltered. 

"However don't get hyper. You're only a friend to her. Nothing more. And it'll stay that way." 

Ken's eyes widened slightly, palms getting more and more clammy. He lowered his head, trying to hide the impact of his brother's words on him. 

"I-I know..." He muttered shakily, despite his best efforts to settle his voice.

"Great. Try to focus on improving your mathematics performances. See you around." A satisfied grin stretched the teacher's lips as he gazed at the flower lover one last time before walking away.

Once the footsteps couldn't be heard anymore the male let out a shaky breath accompanied with a quiet grown. This hurt so much. He brought a hand to his chest and his fist curled around the fabric of his shirt. It was too tight, he couldn't breath anymore, his view was growing blurry as tears gathered at the corner of his eyes. 

He knew his brother was right, and it was foolish of him to hope, even for a second, that she would consider him in a romantic way. He should even be thankful to the gods above for her friendship. Yet, for once he hoped that he would have something for himself, something his brother would lack. 

After a few minutes of focusing on calming his feelings, the boy shook his head in dismissal and wiped the remaining tears on his pale cheeks. 

'Let's go back to these camellias...'

The (L/n) family sat around the dining table, eating and making small chat about their day. Yuu stuffed a piece of fish in his mouth, swallowing it before carrying on speaking. 

"And so I got accepted in the football team." A boyish smile curved his lips as he thought back about the good news. This was one more step towards his dream of becoming an athlete. 

Julia returned her son's happiness and congratulated him, even thought she was sure he would join the team without any difficulty. After all he was the best player in his school, back in Europe.

She then turned to her daughter, her eyes affectionately gazing at her.

"And what about you sweetie ? Any news about the cheerleading thing ?" 

(Y/n)'s fork dug in her food as she answered calmly, yet unable to hide her excitement. 

"The auditions are tomorrow. Mia the team's captain is pretty nasty but I am determined to show them what I've got." A small smirk made its way to her lips. 

The older woman chuckled, nodding her head, sharing her daughter's ambition.

"That's my daughter." They both shared a laugh as the (h/c) haired maiden made a thumbs up.

However the black haired male seemed to be of another mindset as his features turned deadly serious. The more he thought about it, the more information he got about this cheerleading project and the least pleased he was. At first, the idea of his sibling encouraging him during his practice and matches was very appealing, maybe too much actually. And he could already feel his heart swell just by imagining her in the cheering uniform. However he realised this also meant that every male in their school would be gifted with this sight and it would be an understatement to say that he loathed the idea of her boy friend's eyes on her. And no need to mention this perverted teacher and his weird brother. 

These were already sufficient reasons for him to be reluctant at the idea. But now she had to go and tell him that the team comported potential threats ? That was the last blow. There was no way in hell he'll let her join the cheerleaders. What if she got hurt ? What if these girls decided to suddenly bully her or even worse ? What if some dirty minded teenage boy began to have weird fantasies about her ? 

Yeah, that was a no go. 

"I don't want you to cheer for me. You shouldn't attend the auditions tomorrow. Anyway what would you do with these girls if they are so nasty ?" The male muttered quietly, knife cutting the meat in his plate. 

The young female frowned slightly, not understanding her brother's grim attitude. Wasn't he supposed to support her ? 

"Okay. You might not want me to cheer you on, but that doesn't change my mind. Because I want to join the team actually, not just for you but for myself too." She explained calmly, still puzzled with her sibling's attitude. However she blamed it on the tiring day he must have had. 

"Furthermore, this is a good way for me to affirm myself and get more comfortable with our new school." 

The older female coughed lightly, trying to dissipate the palpable awkwardness around the table. 

"Now Yuu don't be like that. I am sure (Y/n) will do very well and won't let some bossy girl bring her down. And you she's right, clubs and sports are a good way for you two to get more at ease with your new environment." Julia smiled reassuringly at her son, placing a gentle hand on his tense shoulder. 

"Yeah." The boy quietly nodded, a quiet sigh leaving his lips. Anyway he knew that once his sibling had her mind set on something it was useless to try and change her mind. After all this was one of the many reasons he liked about her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 15 5
โ™ก ๐ฆ.๐ฒ๐š๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ.๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ โ™ก โ•ญโ”ˆโ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆโฅโ€ขโ—ฆ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ , a young woman gets reincarnated into a zodiac horror romance yandere novel, and...
3.5K 265 14
(Y/n)'s family was amongst the few people who had fled the city to find refuge in the forest far from society after the Infection had spread through...
193K 4.4K 59
Your family had been all you've ever known, too ordinary to the point of complacency. Your mother and father were loving and caring enough, and your...
25K 856 13
"Can't you see? It's you I wanna be with, no one else, and I don't want you to be with anyone else either, I'll do anything to keep it like that." S...