BTS' New Manager

By PurpleQueenie

(Y/N) had always been interested in travelling the world and now is BTS' only female manager. She has to give... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 12

15.8K 507 150
By PurpleQueenie

The next morning, I rose earlier than usual, despite it being still dark outside and the members being deeply asleep. I had to carefully detach myself from the arms slung around my waist from either end. Everyone looked peaceful, content but my mind had been scrabbling onto small ideas throughout the whole night even when asleep and I had woken up mind buzzing with ideas and fears that I needed to work off, the pent up energy and nerves needing an outlet.

I quietly grabbed a pair of workout clothes and slid into the bathroom to change and freshen up. I debated whether or not I should leave a note but decided against it, I'd be back before they woke up anyways, so left the apartment and headed down to the residential gym for a cardio session with my trainer. He didn't comment on the fact that I had been relatively absent these past few weeks but instead showed it through how hard he pushed me through the exercise routines. An hour and a half later, I was drenched in sweat but the expression on the instructor's face had lightened up, I apologised as I left promising to make it up to him soon....we'd become close and I knew he was just looking out for me. There had been a main intention when I'd started; self-defence, never again would I let myself be in the vulnerable stage that I had been before in my life. Never again.

As quietly I had made my way down to the gym, I made my way back choosing to take the stairs internally debating whether or not I should give my friend that call and get some advice. Would they be awake? Do I care if they're awake? Surely if I want their help, I'd rather they weren't grumpy with me from the get-go for waking them before dawn...I decided to wait a while.

The apartment was as silent as I'd left it which meant the boys were still asleep. That was good. I grabbed another outfit to lounge in after showering whilst the boys woke up at their own leisure. Just as I shut the bathroom door, I discarded my phone on the sofa and shut the door behind me letting myself relax under the pounding jet of water as I scrubbed myself clean. My mind was itching to solve this problem that had cropped up and no matter how much I drowned it out through the fierce scrubbing and washing to distract myself- it kept on slithering back into my mind and thoughts.

Resigning myself to be plagued by the thoughts, I turned the water off and slid out, towelling myself before changing and leaving the bathroom. As I was disposing the clothes in the laundry basket, my phone pinged with a text notification.

I picked up my phone and frowned at the unknown label that was flashing at me, mockingly almost. I swiped to open the message and promptly froze.

The message was brief.

Shame you happened to be saved the other day. There won't always be someone there to save you.

My heart started pacing and hands started to shake as the phone dropped out of my hands with a soft thump landing onto the sofa. It had been intentional. The car accident.

Another ping. I opened it hesitantly.

Maybe next time I'll go for Adam.

I could feel cold dread settling into me, ice spreading through my veins, numbing me from the panic and hysteria that had threatened to rise only mere moments earlier.

They knew Adam. They knew my family. They were threatening to hurt my baby boy, my nephew.

And for once I was glad for feeling numbed and cold instead, it forced me to think rationally. How to act next, who to call and a fury and vengeance to make them pay. No-one got away with hurting my family. No-one.

I sat there lost in thoughts until I roused myself seeing dawn break through the sky, light filtering through the open curtains, it was time to make a phone call.

----

I got to my feet and headed to the main speaker connected to others throughout the house, playing a soft Disney piano instrumental the soft melodies soothing me and calming me. Also, hopefully it'd help in drowning out my voice should the boys happen to wake. I entered the kitchen getting to work making a start on breakfast.

Just as a I finished making the pancake batter, my phone rang, and I grabbed it heart lightening immediately on seeing the contact name. It must be a psychic thing; they knew to call me just as I was about to myself.

(BOLD WILL BE THE FRIEND, NORMAL WILL BE (Y/N) AKA YOU!)

"Hey (Y/N), how've you been? You didn't call in a long time and I figured something must be really wrong. You never go without contacting me regularly. We survive on our contact." The voice ending with a petulant whine, and I could already see the pout adorning their lips.

"Hey Binnie, I'm sorry, things just got a bit hectic recently, but I missed you. I'm glad you called." My own voice was softer and immediately he picked up on it.

"Hey, what's wrong? You know you can tell me anything. And you know I mean it when I say anything."

And hearing his soft voice assuring me he was there for me was all it took, and I unconsciously let out a small panicked whimper.

On the other end of the phone call I could hear him panicking and the sounds of sheets shuffling as he sat up.

"Hey hey what is it? Are you hurt?! Where are you? Stay where you are? Turn your GPS on. Actually don't. Go to the nearest café and tell me the name..." he started rambling and the sound of it was enough to make me focus. Now was not the time to be panicking. Or making him panic.

I steeled myself against the barrage of negative emotions swirling inside me and pushed them down.

"You remember that time in college. When...he became so different and cold and manipulative. And he got really mad when he saw us hanging out together..." my mind drifting to the huge fight that had broken out, as he had attacked Moonbin for no reason except for being with me and Binnie was getting hurt, and how I had intervened and thrown back furiously by him. How I had stayed next to Binnie in the hospital who was covered in bandages and bruises and cuts but smiled at me saying it was okay. That it'd all be okay.

"(Y/N)-ah, why are you thinking of that. You're still having nightmares aren't you. And if not, insomnia, right?" he said, still understanding me wholly despite not seeing him for a few months and being out of contact for a while.

I nodded before realising he couldn't see me.

"Umm...that's not all. I think he's back. And I just got these two messages from an unknown number and it was from the person who tried to run me over and attacked Lia and..."

Binnie's voice cut me off, his soft voice layered with a deep gruffness which meant that he'd not woken up too long ago. His voice uttered reassurances and a promise to be at my apartment soon.

Today was the weekend and a day off for the boys too, I was just about to give him my address when I realised, I had temporarily relocated to the boys' dorm. Was I allowed to tell him? Should I just give him my address?

I quickly texted him my address and he confirmed it before promising to get here soon, knowing him that meant within the hour. And we hung up, my mind feeling light and unburdened. Talking to Binnie had definitely been the right choice. I knew that he wouldn't hesitate to take him down but more than that he'd be here with me.

With a newfound positivity and hope in me, I rushed to cut up fruits to go with the pancakes before deciding to make some fresh fruit smoothies too. I had just finished setting up the table and making the pancakes when I could hear the boys slowly stirring awake in my room.

Slowly they began to trudge out of my room and automatically follow the smell of food after having washed up. Seven sleepy boys made their way in, all in different states of alertness and disarray before slowly becoming more alert and awake at the sight of breakfast being spread out across the table.

They all eagerly sat down, and I bought over the hand-drip coffee I had just finished making. It was something I had wanted to try for the boys; especially Yoongi knowing he practically lived off coffee.

I poured out the smoothies into tall glasses and handed them out, placing instead a strawberry milkshake in front of Jimin, to which they all looked confused. And slightly...jealous?

"Ah, I noticed Jiminie doesn't like mangoes and they were in the smoothie, so I decided to make him a strawberry milkshake."

Jiminie beamed at me, "I didn't think you knew that, I never said (Y/N)-ah." Before beginning to drink the milkshake, he let out a pleased hum and gave me a thumbs up.

Tae had decided he wanted some too so rather than drinking his smoothie he tried to grab the glass off Jimin, emphasis on tried, but he wasn't willing to let go.

"No! (Y/N)-ah made that especially for me. Drink your own."

"Come on Jiminie, share. I wanna try too!"

And as they were bickering and tugging on the glass, I could already see that it was going to tip over and reached out to steady the glass.

"Boys stop fighting over a milkshake. Tae, I made the smoothie too, especially for all of you, and I know you don't like coffee either so please..."

And with that he settled down and picked up his glass drinking from it deeply.

"Shame Jimin-ah, this smoothie is soo good. Pity you'll never know." And continued to eat as though the argument had never occurred.

Everyone continued eating breakfast, and just as Yoongi commented on the coffee being something he wanted to know how to make, Joonie cut him off nearly whacking Yoongi oppa's face with the arm he had thrown out.

Yoongi glared at him.

"Sorry hyung, but can't you hear that? It sounds like someone's shouting and banging on something."

And as we focused, we realised he was right. But, that voice, I knew and recognised like my own.

I hurried to my feet and dashed towards the door, hearing the boys get up in alarm and follow me but I needed to open the door and get to it.

I flung open the door to see Moonbin standing outside my apartment, fist frozen in mid-air poised to bang on the door again. His head slowly turned to the boys' door instead.

His expression turned angry. No. Fuming. He slowly lowered his hand and I cowered slightly under the burning glare he was directing towards me; the boys had reached the door too and stood behind me trying to take in the scene. I took a step back but Moonbin's hand shot out to wrap around my wrist and pulled me towards him.

----

BTS POV:

We all stood behind (Y/N)'s small form trying to take in the scene. A young man was staring at her with a murderous look in his eyes. Before we could do anything, (Y/N) took a small step back. She was scared. Who was he? And why was he staring at her like that? But as these questions ran through their minds, they were too late to see the hand dart out and wrap around (Y/N)'s wrist, they saw her body being yanked forward and heard the cry of alarm that tore out her throat.

NAMJOON POV:

I panicked seeing her being ripped away from us and towards the man; whoever he was. He towered over her and she recoiled from the anger in his look. But we needed to do something. We couldn't just stand there.

YOONGI POV:

I felt my blood boil seeing (Y/N) getting pulled away from us and towards this stranger, how dare he touch her?! I clenched my fists trying to control the temptation to punch this jerk in the face. Control, Yoongi, control.

HOSEOK POV:

I felt my face twist downwards at the sight of (Y/N) looking so vulnerable next to this towering male figure who had just pulled her out of our apartment. The yelp she'd let out still echoing in my ears. I was debating on how to deal with this...when one of the other members took action instead.

(Y/N) POV:

I wasn't expecting Binnie to pull me towards him all of a sudden. His gaze was still dark and angry, but he pulled me behind him, covering me with his taller, broader frame.

Wait...was he shielding me? From the boys?

But he completely disregarded them after throwing a quick glance to the boys who all sported different expressions.

He turned to me, gaze softening slightly before wrapping me tightly into his embrace, pushing his face to rest at the crook of my neck. His hug was tight but comforting, it was home.

I tried to get my arms free so I could return the embrace and silently tell him how much I'd missed him before a loud shout of 'hey' rang through the air and suddenly there was someone trying to separate Binnie from me and I let out a noise of discontent at the thought of being separated from him.

Jin oppa heard this and became more furious in his attempt to separate us, convinced in his head that she was being hurt. Soon there were more arms pulling us away and unwillingly we stood separated.

Binnie was fuming, these seven strangers involving themselves in his matters and his friend. Who did they think they were?

But before the boys could voice their displeasure at Moonbin, I intervened.

"Guys, guys! Calm down, he's not a stranger." The seven stood in shock.

"This is Moonbin, I've known him all my life. He's the closest and most trusted person in my life." and I walked back towards him, Binnie wrapping me up in a backhug as he looped his arms lightly around my shoulders.

MOONBIN POV:

Who did these people think they were? Separating (Y/N) from me?!

I felt my anger and worry dissipate on seeing her unharmed, I had begun to worry after her failing to open her apartment door despite me calling her name and banging on the door for some time. I thought she had been harmed or taken but when the apartment door next to hers had opened, it was with pure sheer relief I took in her face before becoming angry at her.

Why was she there? Why didn't she answer her phone? Couldn't she hear me?!

I didn't recognise the seven faces who had followed her to the door, and it was an immediate protective instinct to pull her away from danger, from threat, from unknown men.

I covered her body from view and took in the seven men, I'd deal with them in a moment, but I needed a hug. Something to heal and soothe my panicked heart. (Y/N) was going to give me premature aging and heart problems.

When I hugged her, all the worries fell from my shoulders and I gripped her tightly wanting to reassure myself that she was safe and unharmed but before I could loosen my hold so she could hug back a pair of arms were trying to separate us and soon more arms joined the mix.

The men seemed furious too but I couldn't tell why, but clearly (Y/N) could. And she knew them.

"Guys, guys! Calm down, he's not a stranger." The seven stood in shock.

"This is Moonbin, I've known him all my life. He's the closest and most trusted person in my life." and as she approached me, I wrapped my arms around her in a backhug shooting the men a smug proud look from over her head.

She turned quickly to hug me properly and her embrace was something I didn't realise I had been longing for. To be wrapped in a cocoon of warmth and safety and (Y/N). She tiptoed upwards and I bent my head towards her, she gave me a soft kiss on the cheek before whispering a soft thanks in my ear.

I smiled at her, as if I would never be there for her. She'd helped me through the toughest times in my life and I had been there through hers. Why wouldn't I help or rush to her when she was in trouble?

I kissed her back on the cheek and turned to face the men.

"Looks like you've got some explaining to do (Y/N). Start talking."

And it looks like they were all in agreement too.

(AND THAT'S IT FOR NOW! THE FRIEND IS NOW HERE!! I WAS DEBATING ON WHO TO USE FOR THE FRIEND AND I THOUGHT BINNIE, COS WHY NOT? THEIR FRIENDSHIP IS PURELY JUST FRIENDSHIP BUT THE BOYS ARE JEALOUS...AND CONFUSED...AND JEALOUS. > - < BUT ALL IN GOOD TIME! I CAN FEEL THE INNER EOMMA RARING TO BREAK THROUGH JIN BUT HE'LL MAKE THAT APPEARANCE SOON VERBALLY. HOPEFULLY GETTING TO THE GOOD BITS NOW, SOMEONE'S OUT THERE, WHO'S IT GONNA BE?? MORE BACKPLOT AND INSIGHT INTO (Y/N)'S PAST NOW!)

Also, thank you all so much who are reading this, I don't think I can ever say in words how much it means to me! Even if it's being read silently, seeing the number of views go up makes me happy to think that it's being read and hopefully enjoyed. Stay safe and healthy ARMY, I'm praying and hoping this pandemic goes soon- the idea of isolation is making me go crazy!

Borahae! PurpleQueenie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 7.9K 31
Taehyung got a new job, he works as an assistant for a new popular Kpop boy group called BTS. The manager thought it would be best if Taehyung lived...
122K 3.4K 35
In which a new teacher gets a job at Y/n's school
13.1K 615 29
Fletcher's life was already tough with the everyday problems of adulthood but now she just got another addition when her sister ends up missing and s...
1.3K 147 34
Hwang Y/n is a walking catastrophe. Where ever she goes she ruins things. She never does it on purpose but things do mess up. This time something big...