LOTR - The Fellow Ship (fan f...

By Demon-Riot

5 years ago Ariel was kidnapper by orc's on her way to Rivendell. Saruman had her beaten and torchered, tryin... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
A/N
Sequal

Chapter Four

532 10 1
By Demon-Riot

It was early morning. Ariel felt someone gently shaking her awake. She opens her eyes and see's Arwen smiling gently towards her. Ariel sits up and stretch's gently still feeling some soreness. Arwen says "it's time to get up little sister. We need to get you ready for departure" she looks down slight sad. Ariel got out of bed and walked over to her sister "what's wrong? Why do you look sad?".

Arwen looks up into Ariel's beautiful white eyes. She push's some of the hair out of her face to see her clearly. "I'm just slightly sad to see you leave so soon. We have missed you so much. All the years thinking we had lost you for ever. You are finally standby before me. You are no longer the little baby I held in my arms. You have grown so much but you are still so small. I worry for you. You have no idea how to fight or defend your self" she states.

"Don't worry sister. Farther started helping me connect with the gift the spirits of natured have gifted me. I feel so much more connected to everything around me. I will not fall so easily. But I must go. I feel deeply that I will be needed and staying here will only bring danger to Rivendell before the elves depart" Ariel says taking arwen's hand in her's, squeezing reassuringly.

Arwen smiles at Ariel before picking up so cloths she had brought with her, handing them to Ariel. Ariel looks at them. First she thought It was a beautiful elvish dress but once she holds them up she realises they are cloths fit for travel and fighting if it comes to that.

Ariel quickly changes and Arwen guides her to the table so that she could fix her hair. She makes a braid at the top of her hear pulling her hair to sit atop her head falling to one side and the. Flowing freely down that back. When Arwen is finished she puts her hands on Ariel's shoulders, smiling down at her.

They here a knock at the door. Ariel calls for who ever it is to enter. Her two older brothers enter. They see there youngest sister already dressed and ready to set off. They both walk up to her and start adding some arm guards to he wrist and fastening a dagger to her thigh and a beautiful elvish sword to her back. They explain that because of her size it was easier for her to have it on her back and not her hip so that she could run without being tripped up.

Ariel looks at them all shocked "but I don't know how to use them". Arwen begins to lead her out of the room with three brothers following close behind "no not worry. Legolas will be there to train you. Father has already spoken with him".

They finally make it to the meeting spot, right before the bridge. Lord Elrond steps towards his daughter. "All of your belongings have been pack and place on bill. I see my boys have given you my fathers sword. It will help you greatly on your journey. I have one last piece to give you before you depart".

He pulls out a beautiful chain style crown that he places on her forehead fastening it in the back of her braid so that is does not fall off."your mother had this made for you. She enchanted it over the years in the hopes that one day you would wear in and it would help keep you safe" Ariel reaches up gently touching it. A tear gathers in her eye. "We are all so proud of you little one. Be safe" he says before hugging her. Ariel turns to her sibling hugging each of them before walking over to the rest of the fellow ship.

Ariel stands beside Gandalf as Aragorn steps up slightly behind her. They all begin to walk over the bridge and away from Rivendell. Ariel walks beside Legolas watching as Frodo and Gandalf lead the group from the front. She can feel someone watching her but doesn't dare look to see who it is.

Legolas addresses her "lord Elrond wish's for me to teach you the way of the elves. There is a lot but I will do my best when ever I can. I'm not sure how much help I will be with the rest but I will be there to watch over you when you meditate. I will keep you safe." Ariel looks to Legolas "thank you Legolas. I know we won't always be able to find for practice but I will do my best. I very much appreciate all the help you are willing to give me. I think one of the first things I need to learn though is how to use this sword. Father says it belonged to his father, my grandfather. I feel almost connected to it already." She smiles t him as he nods. They continue to talk as they walk along with the group.

...

We finally stop at a bunch of rocks atop a mountain. Gandalf starts to say "we must hold this course west to the misty mountains for 40 days, if our luck holds the gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there our road turns east, to Mordor."

Ariel holds her sword in her hand, running her fingers over the hilt admiring all the markings and intricacies along the blade. Aragorn walks over and sits beside her. He admires her for a few seconds before speaking up "may I see it?" Ariel smiles and hands him the swords. He admires it for a few moments before handing it back. She places it back in the holder on her back as the look up watching boromir teaching merry and pippin.

Aragorn leans forward and says "it is a beautiful sword. It will do you well if we have to face battle. Although I will do my best to keep harm from you." Ariel's smiles at him and looks up into his eyes. She can't believe this handsome man would say such words to her. She is slightly confused by her feelings for him. She hasn't known him long but feels she can trust him hold heartily.

"Thank you Aragorn. I just hope I don't put anyone in danger with my inexperience with combat." She says as she looks down at the dirt. Aragorn takes her hand and puts his other hand under her chin making her look up into his eyes. "Please do not worry about such things. If you let your mind be clouded with those thoughts then you will be more vulnerable. We will all do our best to help you learn. I saw you practicing with Legolas before, your a natural. I have faith in you." He states confidently.

They both continue to stare into each other's eyes leaning closer slightly. Aragon is about the say something when they hear pippin yell in slight pain. They both look to see boromir accidentally nicked pippin hand. Pippin and merry yell 'for the shire' and playfully tackle him to the ground.

Everyone laughs, enjoying the small amount of piece they have. Ariel knocked her knee into Aragorn and nods her head in there direction. "You better go help him ranger. It appears he's out numbered" she says cheekily.

He smiles back at her before letting go of her hand and going over the the three attempting to help Boromir only to be tackle him self. They are all laughing and enjoying the sight when Sam ask's over the noise "what is that?". This causes Ariel to look up at what they are looking at.

Gimili replies "nothing, it's just a whiff of cloud". Everyone stops seeing what the others were looking at. Boromir gets to his feed holding merry and pippin close "it is moving fast, and against the wind". Legolas yells alarmed "Crebain from Dunlan!". Aragorn yells "hide" he starts grabbing the stuff has they all scramble to make sure nothing Is left visible before finding hiding places of there own.

Ariel is stunned for a few moment's then begins looking for somewhere to hide. She feels and impact before being Pulled under a ledge. She looks up to see Aragon laying on top of her. He gentle shushes her as he hold her close. She begins to shake as the sound of the Crebain gets louder.

Before long the Crebain are circling the rocks they are all hiding under. It takes a few minutes but they fly off continuing there search. Everyone starts to crawl out of hiding. Aragon stares into Ariel's eyes and the brush's his thumb over her cheek before coming to his senses and pulls them both out.

Legolas rush's over to them to make sure Ariel's is ok. Gandalf is the first to speak "spies of Saruman. The passage south is being watched. We must take the pass of Caradhras". They all look towards the snow covered mountain. They quickly pack everything ready to begin the journey up.

...

They are climbing up the snow covered mountain. Ariel being the skinniest and with hardly any muscle, is struggling terrible with the cold. She struggles to walk straight through the deep snow. Aragorn follows behind her just in case she falls behind.

They both snap there heads up when they hear a cry. Frodo has slipped and is tumbling down towards them. Ariel tries to stop him but ends up getting dragged along with him. Aragorn manages to stop them both. He pulls Frodo up first. While he is pulling Ariel up to her feet, Frodo is frantically searching him self.

Ariel speaks up as Aragon tries to brush the snow off her "Frodo what's wrong?" Aragorn looks over at him. They all look up to see boromir picking up the ring and admiring it. Boromir mumbles"it is a strange fate that we must suffer so much fear and doubt , over so small a thing".
Aragorn push's Ariel behind him before putting his hand on the hilt of his sword when boromir doesn't respond to Frodo's please for the ring back.

Aragorn calls out with more authority "boromir! Give the ring to Frodo". This seems to snap him out of his trance. He steps closer and hands the ring back to Frodo. Boromir mumbles as he turns to walk back up to the others "as you wish, I care not".

They all continued up the snow covered mountain and along a steep cliff. Ariel watch's as Legolas walks weightlessly atop the snow. She wines loudly "heyyyy, why can't I do that. I weigh half what you do". Everyone giggles at her out burst. Legolas looks back and says "don't worry little one, I will teach you some day" he pokes his young at her then continues on.

Legolas and Ariel are the first to hear the whisper of a voice over the wind. The both rush forward to Gandalf. Ariel's steps forward first and closes her eyes. She senses the angry of the words. The she feels the pain of the wind and snow. It does not wish to follow the commands of the voice.

Ariel freezes when she realises she recognises the voice. She puts her hand over her mouth and falls to her knees "oh god, it's him...please not him". Legolas is at her side in seconds. Gandalf see's this and steps forward. He starts chanting back trying to stop Saruman's words. It's to late.

Aragorn yells out "he's trying to bring down the mountain! We must turn back!" Gandalf yells back "NO!" He turns back trying hard to stop Saruman's efforts. Lightening struck the mountain top send rock and snow tumbling down toward them. Legolas grabs Gandalf and pulls him out of the way as they all try to take cover against the side of the mountain.

Ariel is stuck in the deep snow and can't get away before it reaches them. She heres them all yell for her. One the falling snow and rock as stopped, Ariel tries to move. She can't. There is to much snow piled on top of her. The snow is so cold. She is completely frozen and struggles to breath with the pressure pressing down on her.

The others yell out for her but she does not answer. They all frantically start digging in random sports. Boromir finds her green hair showing through the white snow. He yells "here! She's here!". Legolas and Aragorn join him in digging her out. Aragorn shoves his hands into the snow and wraps them around her, frantically pulling her out. She breaths deeply before she starts shivering violently. Frodo rush's to her wrapping his arms around her as well.

Boromir yells out "we must get up the mountain! Make for the gap of Rohan!and take the west road to my city!" Aragorn yells over him "the gap of Rohan takes us to close to Isengard" gimili cuts in "we can not pass over the mountain, let us go under it. Let us go though the mines of Moria".

Gandalf looks over them all worriedly. He says "let the ring bearer decide". Everyone looks to Frodo. Frodo looks around at everyone then answers "we will go through the mines". Gandalf sighs "so be it". They all pull each other up and begin the make there way back down the mountain, towards the entrance of Moria. Aragorn helps Frodo and keeps his arms around Ariel as she continues to worse from the cold

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 2.8K 33
Y/n Blackblade. A name given to her because of the powerful sword she carries around, is one of the closest and most loyal friends of the infamous Ca...
80.2K 4K 31
Arya, Merry and Pippin has been taken Frodo and Sam has left to finish the mission Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn are on a hunt to save their friends ***...
63.6K 1.7K 31
Sequel to my book 'Child of Sky'. (Though if you don't care about the back story, this can be read separately.) Therith is getting caught up in anoth...
157K 6.4K 40
LEGOLAS/OC. MOVIE VERSE. Desperate to save her father, Anastasia made a grave choice and struck a deal that eventually led her to be banished to Midd...