The Return of the Silver Rang...

By destani413

When Ji realizes the nighlok are to strong for the rangers alone he tells Jayden that he needs to find the la... More

The long lost power
Quick update
The Search Begins
They Learn the Truth
The Celebration
It was Supposed to be a Date
His Return
Jayden's Big Duel
Update
Brynn's past
Recovering spirit
Saving Jayden
Update
Let's Finish This
Epilogue
Sequel!

Finding the Power

1.5K 26 2
By destani413

Sorry this chapter is so late since I only released one chapter last week so you get three this week. Enjoy!

Brynn's pov

We raced home and started planning how to go about finding my power. We decided that we would leave first thing after breakfast tomorrow. For now we all decide to take a well deserved break. I go into my room and decide to study the map one more time, and realize that there is another riddle towards the bottom to find the last location. I realize that it was done to keep the nighlok from finding it.

"Bright as diamonds,

Loud as thunder,

Never still, always falling

A thing of wonder.

Come in close

Smaller me is fun

Bigger is danger

What am I?"

I read it aloud. "A waterfall," Jayden answers solving the riddle. "You scared me Jay," I say to him. "Sorry I was coming to check on you since we had a really close call today." I tell him, "I'm fine just a little shaken, I'm just gonna try to get some sleep. I didn't sleep very well last night." He responds, "Alright get some rest. Goodnight Bree." "Goodnight," I tell him. Then I fall asleep knowing he saved me today.

*the next morning after breakfast*

That morning I went back to my old home, and met the rangers there. We went where the map said to go. I decided it was best not to bring it in case Octaroo had something else planned. Luckily I had it memorized. It led us to a mountain with a river flowing from it. We went up to the top of the waterfall to see if there were any clues on how to get behind it. Then I notice a path that leads down behind it. We follow the path and see a big rock with a riddle carved into it. I translate it from my dad's language, "It reads,

'What can run but never

walks, has a mouth but

never talks, has a head but

never weeps, has a bed

but never sleeps?'

"A river. We need to follow the river according to the this it says to follow the answer. It will lead us to where we need to be." We head back up to the top of the waterfall to find Octaroo waiting.

Jayden's pov

Octaroo is at the top of the waterfall when we get back up top. He sends his moogers after us which we destroy easily. I then charge at him and he knocks me back into Brynn and we fall of the edge of the cliff. I grab her with one hand and a root with the other. "I'm slipping!" She yells. I tell her, "You won't fall I've got you. Guys the root is starting to break," I tell the other rangers. "Hang in there we've almost got it!" They shout down to us. They used hook shaped stick and lowered it to us but it was too late. We fell straight into the rushing river rapids and I hug Brynn close to me so we don't get separated. She holds tight to me. Until we run straight into a rock the last thing I feel is my back slam straight into it.

Kevin's pov

We tried to to lower them a hook shaped branch, but we were to late. The stick they were holding onto broke and they fell into the river and rushed away with the water.

We raced down to the river and tried to find them but we'd lost them. We walked the rocky riverside trying to find them until it started to get dark. I say, "We need to head back it's getting to be too dangerous to look for them along the river. Besides if Jayden's with Brynn they'll be fine." Emily says, "Your right Kevin, but I don't want to leave them out here." We agree to head back since we don't want to worry Ji and inform him of what's going on. He tells us that we'll head back out tomorrow to find them.

Brynn's pov

I wake up soaked and see the red ranger next to me out cold on the river's shore. I drag and lean him up against a fallen tree. I decide to take off his helmet cause it's better for him to be able let his temperature regulate. I know he won't be happy but it's for his benefit. I see that it's Jayden and in my head I'm thinking, I knew it! I decide to gather some firewood and start a fire. I sit down leaning against the same tree as Jayden. He wakes up and says, "You know who I am?" I simply say, "I've known for a while but didn't say anything in order to protect you, me, and your team." "Thanks for not telling anyone," he says. "You kept my secret, so I kept yours," I say shivering. He notices and demorphs saying, "Come here. This isn't wet." He takes his jacket off and drapes over my shoulders. Then wraps his arms around pulling me into him to keep me warm. I snuggle into him and fall asleep. Once again listening to his breath and heartbeat.

~ the next morning ~

I wake up still in his arms more dry than I was before. I try to wake him up saying, "Jay wake up we need to get moving. We need to get the power." He stirs. "Do you want to go back in river?" I threaten. He jumps up. "I'm up! I'm up!" I tell him again, "We need to go find that power disc. He just says, "We need to wait for the others." "It can't wait, we need to find it before Octaroo realizes we gave him a fake map," I say to him. He agrees, "Your right." So we grab our stuff and keep heading down the river.

~ some time later ~

We arrive at a lake but don't see any signs that the power disc is there, but then I notice what looks like a small cave entrance. I also notice a small hill next to the lake. I tell Jayden, "Look there's a cave entrance down there in the water." He points out a trap door that we try and it opens. I say, "This seems to easy." We go inside and see a pedestal in the middle that has spot in it that's the shape of my necklace. I take my necklace off and set it in the slot, the walls start to shake as another part of the wall opens up leading out of the room we're in. We head in, Jay leading the way. Once we reach the other area there's another pedestal in the center of the room. On it sits a power disc and what looks like an older version of Jayden's samuraizer. Jayden goes to grab it when he walks into a force field of sorts and it sends him flying back. "Jay!" I yell. "I'm okay," He says as I help him up. Then I hear his voice.

Kevin's pov

We ate breakfast and came straight back to where we last saw them. "Emily Mike find a way to the other side so we can make sure they didn't end up on the other side," I say. They make a bridge using symbol power and head across. Once we see them cross safely we start to travel alongside the river. We walked for while and found a fresh pile of ash from a small fire. "They were definitely here," I say. We inform Mike and Emily of what we found. After a little more walking we hear a loud burst of thunder. "What was that? It sounded like thunder but there's not a single cloud in the sky," Mia says. I say, "I don't know, but maybe we should head back and meet with Emily and Mike." With that we tell Emily and Mike to meet us back by the bridge.

Octaroo's pov

We followed the map exactly and can't find anything having to do the power. "I think we've been tricked!" I yell in anger at the moogers. Then I hear thunder coming from the opposite direction. The moogers and I run that direction to be met by five rangers.

Brynn's pov

"Dad!" I yell. I turn and see a projection of him it says, "Nyla I know you probably don't go by that anymore. If anything you go by Byrnn. I need you to become the next silver ranger. This is probably a shock to you, and your probably mad. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but the rangers need you. Go take up your samurairizer and power disc." The projection paused as if waiting for me to oblige. "I thought you said Nyla was your sister?" Jayden questioned. I say, "I lied. It's hard to hear my first name with all those memories attached. I think I'm ready to hear it again, but I don't want just anyone to call me by it." I walk over to where the invisible force field was. "Careful Nyla," He says to me. Making me smile. I approach the pedestal and nothing happens. I pick up the samurairizer and disc, and then I draw the symbol my dad taught me. The next thing I know it seems like I'm looking out a helmet, and I hear loud burst of thunder. "You look amazing Nyla, but you said that not just anyone can call you that," he says. This time I blush and say, "I only want you to call me by my real name. That's what I meant." He asks, "I'm that special huh?" I say, "Yeah." Then the projection starts talking again, "Once you find this you will join the fight against Master Xandered." With that the projection disappears, and then the door we came in closes. "No!" I yell, "Were stuck now." Jay says, "No we're not." Pointing to a small hole in the floor filled with water. He morphs and says, "You know how to swim right?" I say, "Yeah. I do." He says, "Alright then let's go." Then he dives into the water, with me following behind. We swim through and find ourselves in the lake. Once were out of the water Jay gets a call. "We need to go back toward the mountain. The others are fighting Octaroo along the side of the river," Jay says. We run back along the river.

When we get to the others they are barely hanging on. I tell Jayden, "We need to do a combo attack." He says, "Good idea." We take out our spin swords and yell in unison, "Blazing Thunder Strike." That hurt Octaroo pretty bad so he retreated to the netherworld. "Wow!" The other rangers yelled. Mia said, "Brynn is that you?" I respond, "The one and only." With that we head back to the Shiba house to inform Ji of what we found.

A/n this is not the end if anyone was thinking that you are very wrong. That's all I have to say for now.

Peace

Love

Stay you

Stay beautiful

As always see you in the next chapter

~Destani

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 723 20
(i don't own anything in this story) Sara Silver lives in a town where the power rangers samurai defend the world from monster attacks. One day the r...
14.3K 327 9
Symbol (Ongoing)โณ -Book One of Kanji Duology- --- Centuries ago in Japan, Nighlok monsters invaded our world, but samurai warriors defeated them with...
29.9K 619 23
โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’„๐’๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’†๐’” *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง โธป โ•ฐโ”€โžค ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—–๐—ข๐—ก๐—— ๐—•๐—ข๐—ข๐—ž ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—”๐— ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—” ๐—ง๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—š๐—ฌ. โ Long ago, Earth...
23.8K 540 29
When a dark vessel in Angel Grove is unearthed, Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa release Ivan Ooze with a master plan to get revenge on the powerful Zordon...