The Secret Life of Malia Dall...

By simplicational

Malia Dallas has hid herself behind closed doors for three years trying to find a way to get rid of the guilt... More

The Secret Life of Malia Dallas
Chapter 1 - Chanter
Chapter 2 - Se Casser
Chapter 4 - Les Garçons
Chapter 5 - Feu D'artifice
Chapter 6 - Citations
Chapter 7 - L'hockey de la rue
Chapter 8 - Cuire
Chapter 9 - Avions
Chapter 10 - Mes Livres
Chapter 11 - Végétarien
Chapter 12 - Le Premier Jour
Chapter 13 - Découvert
Chapter 14 - Pardonné
Chapter 15 - De Harry Potter
Chapter 16 - Réponses
Chapter 17 - NAFs
Chapter 18 - La Plage et Nouveaux Amis
Chapter 19 - Idées
Chapter 20 - Mi Familia
Chapter 21 - Voyager
Chapter 22 - Faire du Shopping
Chapter 23 - Meilleurs Amis
Chapter 24 - Bibliothèque
Chapter 25 - L'hôpital
Chapter 26 - Librairies et Café
Chapter 27 - S'endormir
Chapter 28 - Insomnie
Chapter 29 - S'embrasser
Chapter 30 - S'évanouir
Chapter 31 - Gags et les coeurs brisés
Chapter 32 - Danser Sous La Pluie
Chapter 33 - Questions et Impressions
Chapter 34 - Gâteau
Chapter 35 - Anniversaires
Chapter 36 - La Farce D'ultime
Chapter 37 - Lo Incontro
Chapter 38 - Les Aveus et Les Histoires
Chapter 39 - Recuerdos
Chapter 40 - La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux
Chapter 41 - Avec Moi
Chapter 42 - Simplement en Regardant
Chapter 43 - Merci
Chapter 44 - Les Petites Choses
Chapter 45: Surprendre
Chapter 46: Au Revoir
Chapter 47: My Little Secret
Chapter 48: Insostituibile
Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado
Chapter 50: Leugens
Chapter 51: Amigas
Chapter 52: Le Projet
Chapter 53: White
Chapter 54: Mort
Chapter 55: Normalite
Chapter 56: Coming Home
Chapter 57: 11 days
Chapter 58: Reunions
Chapter 59: Photonaf Diaries
Chapter 60: Omaha
Chapter 61: You're Mine
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 3 - S'amuser

12.1K 134 88
By simplicational

Malia's outfit is above along with her phone case

Malia's POV

I wake up and I look around. The sun is shining in my face and I cover my eyes and groan,

“Ugh the light, not now Jesus, I can’t handle your presence it’s too early,” I whine pulling the covers back over my head. Then my phone starts ringing. I rip off the sheets and look at the sun/Jesus whoever it is.

“Okay fine, be that way!” I grab my phone and pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Hi sweetie.”

“DADDY!”

“I'm sorry I haven’t been in contact as much. They just have never given me my phone.”

“Its okay dad I understand, I really miss you.”

“I miss you too Mals. Is Cameron up?”

“I don’t think so, he invited his friends over without telling me so I don’t exactly know what they did. But he really misses you too.”

“I miss him too. Well I don’t want to wake him. Tell him I love him.”

“I will.”

“I love you sweetie.”

“I love you too.”  I say and then we both hang up. It’s rare that my dad gets to call me. He is in the army and stationed in Afghanistan. He felt that it was his duty to protect our country. I missed him so much. My mom and dad loved each other so much. I think that when mom died it only made it harder, having to go away. But I guess maybe in a way, being away from here, he isn't constantly reminded of her. I just hope he's safe.

I walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower. I didn't get to take one last night and I feel really disgusting. I strip off my jean shorts and crop top. I have no idea how I fell asleep like that. I get in the shower and sigh; AHH warm water feels so good. My muscles start to relax and I begin to clean myself.

About 20 minutes later I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself. I walk into my room and grab black dance shorts, a pink sports bra, and a large white flowy tank top. I put my clothes on in the bathroom and begin to brush my hair. It’s the same color as Cameron’s hair but has started to get lighter at the bottom turning a bit blonde, making it look a bit ombre but it really isn't, just in the lighting it looks that way. I don’t really care though. It falls to the middle of my back and I am comfortable with that. I throw it up in a messy bun and put my hot pink bandanna around my head to make sure no stray hairs get in my face. I then go to my drawers and pull out a pair of huff socks. I have a tendency of almost always wearing socks because my feet are always cold. Same with my hands and the rest of my body but it’s mostly my feet and hands. I grab my phone and head out to get breakfast. I go downstairs to get some breakfast.

I walk into the living room and I see the kitchen. YES!! Food! I really want fruit.

“I hope the guys didn't eat it a—AHHHH!!” I scream as I trip over something and fall. I rub my head and get up slowly. Once I am standing I look at the ground.

“OH MY GOD AHHHH WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!!” I scream as I run to the kitchen and grab the first thing I see, which of course happens to be a frying pan. Well Tangled is about to happen in my kitchen.

I hear someone come bounding down the stairs and it’s Cameron.

“Mals, why are you hiding behind a frying pan?” He asks sounding quite confused, which would make sense because I'm cowering behind a frying pan like Rapunzel.

“I am defending myself against these intruders. Do you not see these people just lying around our house?! Oh my god it’s moving!” I shout and jump back, holding the frying pan closer to my body.

Cameron laughs at me and I give him a glare. He makes his way over to me.

“Okay first of all it’s just the guys and second of all I know for a fact you couldn't hurt a fly with that thing,” He says. I think most of the boys are up at this point but I refuse to look at them from behind my frying pan. They probably think I am mentally ill. They have a reason I guess. I am holding a frying pan and looking at them like they are talking mushrooms.

Cameron slowly reaches over and takes the frying pan from my hand.

“Hey I was using that,” I whine as I duck behind the counter. He chuckles.

“For the wrong purpose, we eat off of this stuff I don’t want their blood in my eggs,” He says.

“You wouldn't have had to worry. I was going to make hash browns,” I mutter before I take the frying pan back, and resume the position of it in front of my face.

“But I want eggs too,” Cameron whined at me. I roll my eyes even though he can’t see it from behind the frying pan.

“Then why don’t you make them,” I say with a smirk on my face.

“You want me to burn the house down?” He says sarcastically but he instantly regrets it, because my whole body tenses. Cameron rushes over to me and hugs me.

“I’m sorry I didn't mean to say that. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” I say, and really it was. Well it wasn't actually okay but it didn't have that much of an effect on me it just took me by surprise.

“Okay now that you two are done with whatever that was would someone like to explain why I was kicked in the stomach, fallen on top of, and threatened with a frying pan by this girl we have never met? Who is she Cam? Your girlfriend?” the guy asks wiggling his eyebrows up and down at Cam when he says the last part. The rest of the guys laugh.

“Oh my god ewww get me a bucket now. I am going to like puke up a cat!” I start to fake gag and run over to the sink. While Cameron just stands there looking offended.

“Oh come on Mals, am I that bad?” He asks suggestively. Oh lord have mercy, I never want to see my brother do that again.

“Yes you are that bad, and NO WAY IN HELL am I his girlfriend nor will I ever be his girlfriend! I am his sister,” I say. I had started to shout but then I remembered that I don’t know these people so now it is awkward.

“I still think I might puke,” I said quietly after a while. Cameron walks up to me and picks me up and starts spinning me.

“Do you want me to actually puke on you?!” I shout at him and I am instantly put down.

“Whoa wait! Dude you never told us you had a sister,” Some guy says. Okay I really need to stop referring to them as some guy.

“She’s hot,” Another guy says and the rest of them laugh and high five each other while I blush and look at the ground.

“NO SHE IS NOT!! She is my baby sister! Don’t even think about it Taylor!” Cameron shouts. Okay so that guy must be Taylor Caniff, okay makes sense he is wearing a bandanna.

“Cam calm down Taylor will hit on anything with a bandanna,” Someone else says trying to calm Cameron down. The rest of the guys agree while Taylor just shrugs.

“It’s true,” Taylor said. I just roll my eyes but I can feel my face heating up. I walk over to the fridge silently hoping they won’t notice and start taking out some fruit and the eggs. Yes I was going to make eggs for Cameron because I was just that nice. Where are the pomegranate seeds I know I bought them? I need those, I love pomegranate seeds. THEY BETTER NOT HAVE EATEN THEM! I bend down to look through the drawers when I suddenly hear a wolf whistle and I quickly stand up and turn around to see all the guys staring at me. My cheeks turned pink as I look down embarrassed. But Cameron quickly made his way over in front of me.

“Stop checking out my sister!” He turns around and looks at me slightly angry.

“Cam, why are you mad at me?” I ask hesitantly.

“Why aren't you wearing any clothes you are practically naked, they can see your butt!” He shouts in my now beet red face. While I am slightly scared I do understand where he is coming from and is just trying to be a protective brother but he could chill a bit.

“Cam I didn't know they would be here, because a certain someone didn't TELL ME THEY WOULD STAY THE NIGHT!” I retaliated. I knew I got him there and I smiled at my small victory.

“Just go up to your room and put some pants on,” He says calmly.

“You make it sound like I am some sort of prostitute,” I say as I make my way upstairs.

“Gilinsky I see you looking turn around,” I hear Cameron shout. I giggle quietly to myself. Once I get to my room I take of my dance shorts and pull on a pair of black harem sweatpants. They are really soft and comfy. I left the Huf socks on because I knew I would still get cold. Breathe in. Breathe out. You have got this Malia it is only 9 boys you can handle them. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt I looked fine. I looked around for my phone but I couldn't find it.

Maybe I left it downstairs.

As I walk down the stairs I shout to Cameron, “Hey Cam, did you see my phone? I can’t find it.”

“Um I don’t think so when did you last have it?” He shouts back from the kitchen.

I came into the kitchen and all the guys were sitting on the stools around the counter. “I remember bringing it downstairs with me then I went to the kitchen, BUT I TRIPPED OVER SOMEONE!!” I shouted at the end remembering that I probably dropped it. I walked over to where I remember falling and sure enough there it was. My iPhone 5s was lying on the carpet face down so you could see my phone case. Currently my phone case is Harry Potter themed. Yes I am that geek that loves Harry Potter. It says, I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. I even programmed my phone so that to unlock it just say that and to lock it just say mischief managed. Total geek right here.

I take pride in that, it took me awhile to figure out how to do that but I had a lot of alone time to think. I am not really into programming or anything just if I have the time and I want something I try and find a way to get it.

I walked back into the kitchen holding my phone. When I come in all the guys look at me. I start to look around, is there something behind me? As I turn around my cheek is slapped with something cold and someone whispers “Smack cam,” Into my ear. I didn’t scream, I was only surprised. I looked around for the culprit and would you guess who it was?

“Cameron Alexander Dallas! Come here now!” I shout at the top of my lungs while wiping off the shaving cream from my cheek. I saw him hiding behind all of the guys who were snickering.

“No,” he said while laughing. Fine have it his way.

“If you don’t come here then I won’t make you breakfast and it is already 10 so you must be getting quite hungry, and that goes for the rest of you guys too,” I say pointing at all of them. Their faces go blank and they quickly turn to Cameron.

“Cameron go, we’re hungry,” They say while pushing him towards me. The look on his face is priceless, he is scared of what I am going to do to him. I honestly don’t even know I was just caught by surprise that he actually did that to me. Suddenly I got an idea, and I smirk at my brilliant mind.

Cameron is finally pushed all the way in front of me and even though he is a lot taller than me I know I have the power in this situation. I stand on my tippy toes and hug him. He hesitates then hugs me back. My head is now over his shoulder and I mouth to the guys. ‘Give me a glass of water.’ They get the memo and quickly fill up a glass and hand it to me.

“I thought you were going to hit me or something,” Cameron said into my hair.

“I would never do that to you,” I say innocently.

“That’s not my style,” I say as I pour the glass of water onto his hair and his shirt getting him soaked. He jumps back and I start to crack up and so do the rest of the guys. He is not mad and I’m glad he just smiles at me. I was laughing at how well it worked, I had never actually gotten to pull a prank on someone and it felt good.

“Good one sis. I taught you well,”

“You taught me nothing,” I scoff in a playful manner. He only shrugs and goes upstairs to put on a new shirt. I set the glass down on the counter along with my phone and get some paper towels to clean it up.

I bend down and clean up the water spill and throw the paper towels away. When I turn back around all the guys are on their phones. Typical, but I need them out of the kitchen because this is a bit awkward.

“Okay umm, I don’t really care what you do as long as you don’t break anything in this house or mess with me. Um, I am going to make breakfast so unless you want to help I suggest you get out of here and onto the couch in the living room. It’s much softer than the stools you’re sitting on now, I swear it’s stuffed with marshmallows or something,” I need to stop rambling. But I actually do think the couch is stuffed with marshmallows. The guys laugh while they get up and go into the living room. I sigh, okay now breakfast. I get out the eggs from the fridge and some strawberries. Then I get the 5 lb bag of potatoes and set them by the sink. The hash browns will take the longest so I start on them first.

Once I peeled all of the potatoes and sliced them thinly I added some spices and put them on the stove. I then started cracking all the eggs and whisking them. I poured those into a separate frying pan. I went back to the hash browns and stirred them a little bit. I then went and started cutting up the strawberries and putting them in a large bowl. Once I finished the strawberries I started to scramble the eggs. I went back to the hash browns and they were done. I put them onto a platter for them to cool. Then I turned off the stove. The eggs had finished as well so I turned off the stove and put them in a large bowl. I went to the fridge and got out the orange juice I bought yesterday.

I got out 11 plates, 11 sets of utensils 11 glasses, and some serving spoons. I then walked into the living room to see all of the boys lying on their butts playing on their phones. I scoffed.

“So I’m guessing you guys don’t want food?” As soon as the word food left my mouth they were all up and in the kitchen. I laughed to myself. I was the last one to get my food so once I got my food I went into the living room and sat on the ground next to Cameron. He was still the only one I knew and I didn't feel completely comfortable around these guys yet, but they were pretty cool. But I still didn't know the guys. I only knew who Taylor was because Cameron called him by his name.

“This is so good!” I heard one of the guys shout. I laughed.

“Thanks!” I said accepting the compliment.

“I’m Hayes by the way,” The guy said waving to me. He looked like he was the youngest and he had light blue eyes but there was a dullness to them, like a grey.

“Hi I’m Malia if you didn’t pick it up from this idiot,” I said gesturing to Cameron who was sitting next to me. He looked up at me offended.

“Hey!” He said but it didn’t really sound like that because he was shoveling food in his mouth. I just laughed.

“Close your mouth Cam no one wants to see that,” He just went back to eating. I felt around for my phone until I remembered that I set it on the counter when I was making breakfast. So I got up and went to the kitchen. I was done eating anyways. I picked up my phone and unlocked it. I don’t use the harry potter voice code unless I am alone.

“Hey um where should I put this?” a voice asks me. I look up and I see a guy with light brown hair and the most gorgeous eyes you have ever seen. Legs don’t fail me now.

“You can just give it to me,” I say holding out my hand. He hands me the plate.

“Thanks for making us breakfast and I’m sorry about us staying here unexpectedly. Cam never mentioned a sister,” He said looking down as if he was embarrassed.

“It’s okay now, and I uh kind of told him not to tell you guys about me anyways so I wasn’t surprised when none of you knew me,” I said looking at the ground.

“Why wouldn't you want Cameron to tell us about you?” He said which caused me to look up.

“Well… I don’t know, I never really had friends because I always did online school and I knew that if word got out that Cameron had a sister people would be coming up to me out of nowhere, and it’s not that I don’t mind that. I would be honored to have people who support me but I just don’t really want to have to deal with all the people who try to be my friends to get to Cameron or just to get their 15 minutes of fame you know what I mean? I also don’t want Cameron to have to worry about me getting hate and all of that. And I am rambling, I’m going to stop talking,” Now I look like a big idiot.

“Wow,” He just said.

“Wow?” I ask confused.

“Well most people would be honored that their brother was THE Cameron Dallas but you don’t use any of that to your advantage. Wait so what do you do when Cameron’s out all the time because I know for a fact he goes out a lot,”

“Umm, that’s a secret,” I said awkwardly.

“Okay, okay I will respect your privacy. Oh I’m sorry I completely forgot to introduce myself, I’m Nash, Nash Grier,” He says extending his hand.

“Nice to meet you Nash,” I say taking his hand.

“Yeah and that idiot in there is my brother Hayes,” He says.

“Oh I know him, vaguely, he introduced himself to me sort of,” I said as I thought about the statement.

“Well I’m going to clean up the kitchen so umm yeah,” I say walking into the living room. Okay that was awkward. Not like awkward in a bad way I just don’t know how to talk to guys that well without like shooting them down.

“Hey if you’re done I will take your plates,” I say. All the boys immediately hold up their plates. I grab them one by one and stack them on top of each other while holding the utensils.

“I will come back for the glasses,” I walk back into the kitchen and Nash is still standing there but he is on his phone. These boys and their phones. I set the plates down in the sink and walk back and collect the glasses. I then wash all the plates off and put everything in the dishwasher.

When I am done Nash is no longer in the kitchen. I just shrug it off and walk to the counter and pick up my phone. I then walk back into the living room and lay on the carpet next to Cameron.

I look up and all of them are staring at their phones.

“Is this actually what you do all day? Go on your phones because if that is so I don’t understand why you are always together I mean you don’t talk to each other that much you just stare at your device oblivious to your surroundings. I bet you could be sitting on a giant mushroom and you wouldn't even notice because you are too occupied with your phone,” I rambled. Well way to not draw the attention to yourself Malia. They all looked at me until someone says,

“Giant mushroom?”

“Ugh, I was thinking about Mario kart don’t judge,” The guy holds his hands up in surrender, while some of the guys laugh.

“Am I that weird?” I ask more as a question to myself but they all heard it.

“Nope you’re just that cute,” Someone said. He had brown hair and brown eyes.

“Don’t call my sister cute Aaron,” Cam said from beside me without looking up from his phone. So that’s Aaron. Remember that Malia.

“But seriously you guys should do something today besides going on your phones,”

“Well what do you suggest?” Aaron asks.

“Umm, well for starters I don’t really know any of your names except for the people who have actually introduced themselves to me,” I said awkwardly.

“Oh yeah guys forgot to tell you but my sister doesn't really ‘follow us’,” Cameron says. All the guys just look shocked and offended I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

“Your faces are priceless, is it so hard to believe that there is someone in California who doesn’t know who you are and isn't obsessed with you guys?” I ask rhetorically but they all nod their heads which only makes me laugh more and roll my eyes. Once I recovered from laughing all the guys had stood up and got in a line.

“Hi I’m Shawn Mendes,” He was tall with dark hair and brown eyes and he was pretty cute.

“Hi, Malia Dallas,” I said as I moved down the line.

“Taylor Caniff,” He said with a smirk. I just smiled back.

“Malia Dallas,”

“I’m Aaron Carpenter,”

“Malia Dallas,”

“Carter Reynolds,”

“I’m Malia Dallas,” I was getting tired of saying may name over and over again.

“Okay from now on you guys know my name is Malia Dallas so I don’t have to do this a thousand times??” They just laughed and nodded.

“Jack Gilinsky,” The next guy said. He was hot if I may say so. I just nodded my head.

“Jack Johnson,”

“Okay Jack and Jack,” I said to get it in my mind that there were two. Just refer to them by last name.

“Nash Grier, but I do believe we have met before,” He said with a smile and a British accent.

“Yes you look quite familiar,” I said with a laugh and my best British accent.

“Hayes Grier,” He said waving. I waved back.

“Matthew Espinosa but call me Matt,” He said. Man was he attractive.

“Okay so now you have met everyone. What now?” Cameron said. A brilliant idea popped in my head and I started to jump up and down a bit.

“Can we go to Disneyland?” I ask Cameron excitedly. I had never been to Disneyland. My mom said she would take me for my 14th birthday but she died before it happened. My dad had even planned on trying to come home for my birthday. It was on December 14. However we never got that far.

“Um, do you guys care?” Cam asked looking at the guys. They just shook their heads.

“Got nothing better to do,” Carter said.

“Alright looks like we’re going to Disneyland!” Cameron shouted. I was freaking out in my mind but trying to hide it.

“Wait, people will see me Cameron,” I said as I started to worry about what people would think of me. I know I shouldn't worry, but it is inevitable. The younger sister of Cameron Dallas, what will everyone think?

“So what? Let them see you. You’re not allowed a fun day?” Nash piped up before Cameron could. I thought about it.

“I guess one day wouldn't hurt,” I said timidly and Nash said,

“That’s the attitude kiddo.”

“I’m not a kid. I’m 16 years old,” I said defiantly.

“You’re still a kid,” Cam said coming over and ruffling up my hair which was probably already messed up. I just shot him a glare.

“Well go get changed so we can go,” Cam says. I nod and head upstairs.

“Wait what about you guys? You’re wearing the same clothes as yesterday,” I asked.

“Don’t worry about us, we will go to Carter’s house and they can get changed there,” Cameron said. I went upstairs and changed quickly. I took off my sweatpants and replaced them with white denim overalls. I took off my white flowy shirt and pink sports bra replacing it with a white bandeau and a sunflower cropped tank top from American Apparel. I put on pineapple socks and my white high top converse. I went into the bathroom and quickly took out my hair and brushed it. I checked the weather and it was going to be hot so I decided on a fishtail braid. I quickly fishtailed my hair then swiped on some mascara and eyeliner. I had the same color as Cam’s as far as I know. I used to want blue eyes when I was younger but now I am happy with my brown eyes because they remind me of my mom. I found a small black and white draw string backpack so I put a water bottle, some money, ear buds, my Minnie mouse ears, my camera, my chap stick, and my phone in it. I then grabbed my aviator sunglasses that were shaped like hearts and went downstairs. I saw that Cam had changed as well, so that was good he won’t smell now.

All the guys were looking at me funny. I instantly felt self-conscious, did I mess up my hair? I started reaching up and touching my face, when I couldn't find the problem I screamed at them. 
“What are you staring at?!?! I can’t find where I messed up?” I shouted, it was actually freaking me out. I was not just swatting myself as if there were flies everywhere.

“No it’s not you, it’s just that you weren't even up there for 10 minutes,” Jack J said.

“Oh, thank god!” I said rubbing off fake sweat from my brow. “I thought there was something wrong with me,”

“I think I’m in love,” Carter said dramatically while Matt punched him in the stomach. I stifled a laugh.

“Shut up Carter, but how did you get dressed so quickly?” Nash asked. This was literally the weirdest conversation ever.

“It doesn't take long. You just have to put clothes on and quickly do your hair and all that crap that isn't actually necessary. Maybe I do it all wrong because I mean I never really learned how to do this stuff. It also bugs me when people take forever so maybe that has something to do with it. But let’s go I want to get to Disneyland before it closes guys!” I said to them. Guys all assume that it takes a girl forever to get dressed. I don’t really have any friends so I wouldn't know but I was never one to keep people waiting because I hated waiting myself.

“It doesn't close till midnight,” Cameron said.

“Well if I hadn't reminded you we were actually going somewhere we wouldn't get there till midnight,” I say.

We walk out the front door and I only see two cars, my car and Cameron’s car.

“How did you all get here in one car?” I ask not sure if I want to know the answer.

“Let’s just say it wasn't our brightest moment,” Matt said. I roll my eyes and grab the car keys to my car and get in and Cameron gets in his car. The boys split themselves up so that Matt, Nash, Shawn, and Carter were in my car and Taylor, Aaron, Hayes, Jack G, and Jack J were in his car. Nash was sitting in the passenger seat with the other three boys in the back. I wait for Cameron to back out of the driveway first before I back out and follow him since I don’t know where Carter’s house is. Luckily Carter is in my car so he can always lead the way if I get lost.

Cameron had a black Range Rover and I had a white one, aren't we just the coolest siblings ever.

“Did you guys want any music?” I ask trying to fill the silence.

“Sure,” They reply in unison. I turn on the radio, not sure exactly what will come on and I am relieved when I hear it’s just the pop station.

“Do you guys want something else or do you want to leave it here?” I ask.

“We don’t really care.”

“Okay,” I say.

It’s been at least 20 minutes and the only sound is the radio, but the silence isn't awful, but it’s not comfortable. Cameron takes the next left and I go to follow him but Carter stops me.

“Wait, Malia don’t turn there go straight,” He says quickly, but I manage to stay straight.

“Why?” I ask.

“Well I know a shortcut and we can beat Cameron and he will be clueless.”

“Okay just tell me where to go,” I say smiling to myself.

“Take the next left, then turn right and go down the alley way until you see a big white post then turn left, and you’re practically there,” Wow I don’t even want to know how he found this out. I follow his instructions and once I turn left from the white post I am on a road full of huge houses. My house is huge too but these ones are just huge.

“Okay continue down for a while then take the first right and my house is the second on the left,” Carter says. I follow his instructions and pull into his driveway. And sure enough Cameron wasn't there yet. I smiled to myself.

We all got out of the car and Carter unlocked the house and we all went inside. I sat on the couch while the rest of the guys went upstairs to get changed. I guess they are keeping all of their stuff here while they stay in LA.

When they come back down Cameron still wasn't here.

“When does Magcon start up again?” I ask as a conversation starter.

“I think in a couple weeks or so,” Shawn said.

“Are you coming?” Matt asks. I hadn't even thought about it, before I was always scared of showing my face with Cameron because I didn't want him to have to worry about me but today I’m going to Disneyland so I guess that’s a step in the right direction.

“I don’t know, I never really thought about it. I would have to ask Cameron first. But I don’t even know if I want to go,” I said truthfully. They nodded their heads in understanding.

“Do you have any talents like singing or dancing?” Shawn asks me. I stiffen a little bit, but just shake my head recovering quickly. I don’t think they noticed.

“No I can’t sing or dance.” I lie. I just don’t want to steal the spotlight from Cameron. I don’t dance that much anymore. That was another talent I kept hidden. I loved dancing, it was a good form of exercise and I felt like I could express myself freely, but the only times I danced now was when a song I really liked came on. Stop thinking Malia you’re going to make it worse. I used to choreograph all kinds of stuff but always in private with my mom. She would take me out to dance studios to practice dancing so Cameron wouldn't know anything about it. My dad was at first with Cameron but once he was sent to Afghanistan he was never around. She would always tell them we were going to see relatives or something along those lines. However one night our little expedition didn't go so well.

*FLASHBACK*

“Get some sleep Malia. We have to wake up early in order to drive back home tomorrow.” My mom said. “I know I just can’t fall asleep.” I replied. She came over to my bed and tucked me in like she used to when I was a kid and started to sing to me. My mom was a great singer, that’s where I got the talent and the passion for it.

“You can count on me like 1, 2, 3 I’ll be there, and I know when I need it I can count on you like 4, 3, 2 you’ll be there…” My mom started to sing one of our favorite songs and I didn’t hear the rest because I fell asleep.

The next thing I know I am being shaken awake by my mom.

“Sweetie you need to get up now and grab as many things as possible, there is a fire in the building. The firemen are setting up a ladder to get to us but you have to hurry.” My mom says. I shoot up and grab my phone, my charger, and my dance bag. I was quickly shoved out of the window by my mom and put onto the ladder. I climbed down and looked up for my mom. I couldn’t see her.

“MOM! MOM! MOM!” I shouted I couldn’t see her. Tears were running down my face. Some random lady came up to me and started ushering me towards an ambulance and asking me questions but I couldn’t hear her because I was too busy looking for my mom.

Then the entire building collapsed.

“MOM!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed

*FLASHBACK END*

“Malia! Malia! Please wake up! Are you okay?” I am being shaken as people shout at me. I slowly open my eyes but things are a bit blurry and the voices are ringing.

“How did you guys get here befo—Malia? Move out of the way!” I hear Cameron say. I am suddenly jerked up and engulfed in warm arms.

“What happened? Are you okay did one of them hurt you?” He asked as he looked over my body. I shook my head. My hearing was fine now and I could see clearly.

“I—umm, just slipped that’s all,” I said, I didn’t want to worry Cameron.

“That is not what happened!” Nash shouted out. Great! Thanks Nash.

“Why are you lying to me Malia?” Cameron asked me in a stern voice. I couldn't look at him.

“Look at me. Tell me the truth,” I looked up slowly at him.

“I saw mom,” I whispered so quietly I only knew he heard because he stiffened and hugged me tighter.

“I miss her too,” He said quietly into my ear. After a few minutes he stands up and picks me up and carries me to Carter’s couch and sets me down.

“Guys go get changed, we’ll be down here,” Cameron shouted to the guys who had arrived with him. They went upstairs and so did Nash, Matt, Shawn, and Carter. I touched my face to make sure I hadn’t cried. I didn’t like displaying my emotions to people because it made me vulnerable and it made them worried and I don’t want people worrying about me after what happened to my mom.

He didn’t say anything for a while and neither did I. We remained silent until finally he spoke.

“Why did you lie to me?” He asked. I sat up.

“I didn’t want you to have to worry about me,” I said honestly. He looked at me with hurt in his eyes.

“Malia, when you lie to me it only worries me more.”

“Yeah, but if you don’t find out then the saying ‘What you don’t know won’t hurt you.’ Comes in handy,” I said nonchalantly. However that wasn’t what he wanted to hear. He grabbed my shoulders and turned me towards him.

“But I will find out and I don’t want you to lie to me. I care a lot about you Malia, more than you think,”

“You have a funny way of showing it sometimes,” I mumble.

“You’re right, I am not always the best brother,” He says looking down.

“I still love you though, you know that. To me you’re the best brother ever and I wouldn’t want anyone else,” I said looking at him. He looks up and smiles at me.

“Thanks Mals, I love you too!” He says as we hug each other while laughing a bit.

“Well that was cute but it’s already noon and if we want to get to Disneyland and actually have time to do stuff we should leave I don’t know about 10 minutes ago!” Taylor shouts from behind us. Cameron and I just laugh.

“Way to ruin the moment but you’re right Taylor,” I say as Cameron and I stand up.

“Alright let’s go we can grab taco bell on the way,” I say. And of course everyone agreed with me because taco bell is life.

************************

Thanks for reading! Comment what you think and who you’re favorite MAGCON BOY is. Please vote! Thank you. S’amuser is to be amusing. I hope you guys like it so far. I am not sure when I will be updating next just because I will need some time to work on it but I am glad that you guys like it so far.

xoxo

-simplicational's queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1.1K 16
Chloe and Cameron Dallas are siblings and they are really close.Chloe is like a little sister to all the magcon boys. She has a crush on Matt. Bu...
3.4M 71.8K 77
Book 1 of 2 ~ You have been added to a groupchat! ~•~ SEQUEL IS OUT NOW ; THE END RESULTS ~•~ Date published: September 20, 2016 Date completed: May...
15.3K 167 42
When Chelsea is informed with the news that she is having to move for her mother's job, she is beyond furious. Not only does she have to leave the li...
11.7M 230K 95
Highest Rank: #19 First Book: Badly Written!! Read at your own risk LOL! Kaye is Cameron Dallas little sister. What happens when a few of the Magcon...