Mirror

By anxious_writer1

When a group of teenagers set out to find a mirror that's supposed to show the users darkest fear, things tak... More

Character description and note
Legends
If we have each other

The darkness of our minds

3 0 0
By anxious_writer1

Trigger warnings: mention of the following; accident, surgery, memory loss, death, suicide, abandonment, homophobia, panic attacks, PTSD episodes, abuse, fire/ arson, self harm, sleep paralysis, blood & gore

- this chapter shifts to everyone's PoV, so every time there's a mention of a new fear. It's a new PoV but I will say at the start.

Logans PoV

We walked deeper into the forest for around an hour before stopping at a clearing. It was dark and we only had our phones as light. I was an idiot for not bringing a torch or suitable light source.

The clearing was a perfect circle with a large object in the middle. It was covered in pretty flowers and ivy. Something you'd find in a fairytale.

"Shit..." I whispered unable to take my eyes off it. The clearing stared to light up a bit.

"Language!" Patton and Emile half yelled.

"German" Damian replied also looking at the wall of flowers and ivy.

I walked up to it and pushed away with ivy. It was indeed the mirror. The urban legend was true so far.

"O-ok... it's here... can we go?" Virgil mumbled sounding unsure. I couldn't see him in the reflection of the mirror.

I turned to see if he wasn't in the view of the mirror suddenly feeling anxious and unsure. I didn't see Virgil. Or anyone. I couldn't hear them as well.

"Guys?!" I yelled looking around frantically. Surely they wouldn't just leave. "Come on this isn't funny!" I said more desperate.

I turned my attention back to the mirror. I saw my reflection. But something was different.

Turning my head I saw half of it covered in blood. It was dripping down to my neck.

I heard someone yelling but I couldn't look away. In the mirror I saw fire... an accident of some sort. The sound of ambulance sirens and heart monitors filled my ears.

I looked down and rejection university applications were at my feet. And books.

Pages started ripping and disappearing. 

My fear... unable to retain information due to an accident. I teared up all of it becoming too much. I heard someone yelling my name. They sounded angry.

"I-I'm sorry..." I yelled back breaking down crying. Why? I don't cry! I don't have emotions. A stupid mirror.

Pattons PoV

I saw Logan stare at the mirror for a minute before breaking down crying.

He was fine earlier. What did the mirror do to him? I felt mad unable to know why he was crying.

I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Logan? What's wrong?"

I looked at the mirror and just saw us. Nothing terrifying. I pulled him away as he was apologising.

As soon as we were away from the mirror he stopped crying. He looked around confused. He seemed to be confused seeing us. He pulled me into a tight hug, which I returned gratefully.

When he let go I walked to the mirror curious. What did he see?

I looked at it for a minute. I turned my head to where I left Logan.
"See Logan. Nothing is there..." my voice trailed off. Nothing was in the mirror. And he wasn't there. I laughed a bit.

"Ok? Who stole Logan?" I looked around waiting for an answer. No one replied. No one was there.

I looked back at the mirror and Logan was stood there. In front of me. His lips were blue and his hair was soaking wet.

"Logan?" I reached out towards him but he disappeared like smoke.

I turned again. Everything was dark but I could make out small figures in the trees.

No. Under the trees. No. On the trees. No.

A flash of lighting and I saw all of my friends hanging from the trees swaying slightly from the small breeze that picked up.

I teared up. I should've been able to help them. Why didn't I? They're dead because of me! I'm an idiot!

Another flash of lightning and they were gone from the trees.

They were back where they were standing before. I put on a smile.

"Nothing scary." I said going back and hugging Logan. He hugged back tightly.

Romans PoV

Something was wrong with Patton. He was close to crying.

Curious I walked to the mirror and stood in front of it.

"No stop!" Both Patton and Logan yelled. But when I looked over they were gone. Was this normal?

I grew anxious thinking they left. Or hid. Or pranking me. I wouldn't be surprised if Remus or Damian planned this. I sighed and looked back at the mirror. 

I opened my mouth to say something Witty but nothing came out. I tried over and over again but I couldn't.

My throat felt blocked. I tried coughing or clearing it. Nothing came of it.

I looked at my neck in the reflection and was bleeding heavily. Was my neck slit? By who? No one was here other than the group. And they don't hate me that much to kill me right?

I stepped away and called out again. This time it was successful. "Guys!"

"Yeah?" Remy replied looking me up and down. "Did you choke on your own tongue?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes "no!". Causing Remy to smirk a bit. Oh god what is he thinking.

"You know Vir-" Emile hit him in the arm before he could finish and glared at him.

Before I could notice remus was walking to the mirror.

Remus PoV

I was intrigued. What caused the others to be like that? I needed to know. The mirror seemed to pull me closer. It seemed to bright. The shadows didn't go with it. I tried pulling away but I failed.

As soon as I was in front of it I heard yelling. My parents. And roman. He was behind me. Smiling.

He has everything. A boyfriend. A scholarship. A future job that's stable. Happy. The opposite of me.

I don't want to be seen as a less of a person than roman. He's I get drunk and high. But not everyone can be perfect. Like him.

I pulled away from the mirror. It's not corrupting me. No! I refuse.

Walking back I felt hostile towards roman. I hope his fear was bad.

Virgil's PoV

"Come on. Virgil your turn" Damian said snapping me out of my thoughts. I didn't want to. The others fears probably make sense. I'm so fucked up I don't know what scares me the most.

I walked to the mirror and stood in front of it waiting. Nothing happened at first but when I turned to leave something grabbed my shoulder.

The feeling was all too familiar. The cold grasp. Like the cold metal he hits me with.

I turned back and saw my dad standing in front of me. In the mirror?

He was holding a large metal pipe in one hand and a pride flag in the other. He knows...

He knows about my sexuality. This can't be good. Idiot. This is far from good. I'm fucked.

He raised the pipe and bought it down towards my unprotected face.

I put my arms up and screamed falling to the floor curling up.

Nothing hit me. I looked back up and he was gone. Someone was holding me. I looked up and saw Damian holding me. I felt my face heat up and I pulled away. He looked concerned.

"Are you ok?" He asked and I replied by nodding  slightly and joining Logan and Patton by the tree.

I watched Damian ready himself in front of the mirror.

Emile and Remy watched on worried.

Damian's PoV

I looked at my reflection. A snake was making its way up to my face. Snakes represent lying. I know where this is going yet I couldn't stop myself from feeling scared.

It wrapped itself around my face and neck trapping me.

All the lies I told cane back to me. I teared up as I watched Virgil cut into himself crying screaming my name.

"YOU FUCKING LIAR"

I flinched slightly. More snakes were suffocating me. I tried pulling them off but my hands went straight through them.

This is not real.

But it feels so real. I can't breathe.

I collapsed to the floor and started breathing heavily.

Patton rushed over to me worried and pulled me away. Being around him made me calmer.

"I'm fine" I choked out before sitting next to Virgil. He seemed exhausted.

Remy PoV

I refused to let Emile go before me. I needed to be there for them if it goes wrong for them. I can handle myself. I think I have an idea of what it can be. Something to do with sleep.

Standing in front of the mirror I felt something looming over me. It hugged me painfully sending thorns into my body. I doubled over collapsing to my knees causing the thorns to go further into my body.

The once beautiful mirror was now cracked at the ivy had turned into thorns and the flowers were dead and the petals falling and burning up turning to ash.

I looked at the mirror just in time to see my sleep paralysis demons to slit my throat and push me forward into the dirt.

Not feeling it anymore I got up and hugged myself looking over at the group who looked at me worried. Emile in particular.

Emile PoV

I helped Remy to the others and went to the mirror. I was the last to go. My one can't be that bad. Right?

I stared at myself and saw Patton crying. I touched his reflection and he moved away as if I actually touched him. I knew he was with the others.

This is not real. I can do this.

Just see what happens and leave. It can't effect you. I'm stronger than this.

Yet Remy. The bravest guy I know collapsed and looks defeated.

Fuck... shit no. No swearing.

I looked back at my reflection and all of my friends were there. Arms bleeding and looking... dead.

I couldn't help them. They'll hate me. I have to help them. Help them more.

I forced myself to look around tearing up.

I know it's not real but thinking of my friends hurt. It's unsettling.

I'm hugging all of them.

I walked to them and hugged them all tightly. Patton hugged back followed by the rest.

It'll be ok.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 6K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...