Forgiveness and Punishment

By ShelbyWinds

Pimpernel Lancaster has been bullied and hated by everyone in her life except her father. When he died her li... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Epilogue 57

27

2.2K 117 45
By ShelbyWinds

They watch silently as Marissa enters and demands to talk to the detective in charge of Lister's murder case. 

Mason comes out and raises an eyebrow at who he sees waiting for him. "Can I help you?"

"My name is Marissa Lancaster and I want to report that I am responsible for the death of the lawyer, Trevor Lister last night, with the help of my accomplice Reese Jacobs, the death of my late husband  JD Lancaster, with Dale Bente as witness, his mother, Whitney Lancaster and Haley Bernsten." Marissa tells Travis once he comes up to her.

"Well now, Mrs. Lancaster that's quite a list of deaths you are admitting to. Some of them I believe are more than two decades old." He only knew that because he went back and researched the Lancaster file after talking to Melissa earlier.

"I know, I was there." Marissa says through gritted teeth. "Do what ever you need to do, but I need to pay for my sins."

Travis ushers her back to his desk and proceeds to take her statement, starting with Melissa's mother's death. It took several hours to get it all down. In the end Marissa signs it and waits for the detective to arrest her.

Travis smiles happily, not only does this close this newest case, but also three cases. One of which wasn't known as a murder. He wonders if Melissa was some how responsible for this break in the case. He rather think that she is, after all Marissa had gone more than two decades with that first murder on her conscience, she very likely has little to no conscience at all. 

He wonders just what Melissa did to get Marissa to confess to all those murders. "Detective, I don't want any plea deals, will you make sure that the book is thrown at me, or at least make sure that the DA places full charges on me?"

"I can assure you, Mrs. Lancaster that the DA will place all charges on you that he can." Travis has a hard time holding back the smile that wants to come out onto his face. Too bad for Mrs. Lancaster that the state no longer offers the death penalty. With the premeditated murders that she committed she would have been a shoe in for it. Now she'll have to sit in prison for the rest of her life.

Marissa Lancaster is going to find out that life in prison is a great deal different from a few years in jail.

Once they witness that Marissa is doing exactly what she was ordered to do the two leave the precinct and head back to the penthouse.

"Thank you, Timothy, I never imagined finding the truth after all these years." Melissa tells Timothy before kissing him. 

Timothy allows the kiss for a bit before breaking it off. "It was honestly the most fun I've had in some time. However, I didn't do it for you to reward me like that, Melissa."

"Oh, I know. I was just hoping that you would be willing to..." Melissa sends her thoughts to him and he doesn't say anything just picks her up and races to her room.

"I'm going to fucking kill whoever is at the door at this time of day again!" Timothy says rolling out of bed and putting on his pants.

"It's probably Detective Mason again to tell us that the case has been closed. Don't bite his head off please?" Melissa gets up and puts on the shirt that Timothy hands her. He sighs before kissing her hard.

"Please make yourself presentable before coming out." Timothy says as he leaves the room. He knows what Melissa is likely to do, doesn't mean he wants to make it easy for her.

"Detective? Two days in a row? What brings you to this humble abode this time?" Timothy says opening the door to the detective to allow him passage.

"I have news on the murder of Mr. Lister. Would you get your lovely lady?" Travis says politely. He can tell when he's interrupted things and no matter what Timothy said the day before, those two are a couple.

"I'm here, detective." Melissa says coming into the room in the shirt Timothy gave her and some shorts, that are mostly covered by the shirt. Timothy doesn't know whether to be pleased or pissed at her actions. He sighs instead of either. Melissa is her own person and although she has allowed him into her life in an intimate way, it doesn't mean that she won't let others in as well. It's just a matter of time before TJ and Tad will be there. It's almost impossible for the vampire to not physically be with those they claim at least upon occasion.  That's one of the reasons he knows that Melissa isn't going to bring them back with her.

"Sorry for interrupting once more. I just thought you would want to know this as soon as possible. Your adopted mother has confessed to not only conspiring to kill Mr. Lister, but that she killed your father, with a witness that now is charged with not only obstruction of justice but guilty after the fact for not coming forward with the information and helping her destroy the evidence. She also confessed to killing your grandmother and biological mother and the attempted murder of one Pimpernel Lancaster. I should say attempted murders, she tried multiple times." Melissa turns white and feels a bit faint as she puts her hands up to her face. She hadn't known about those other attempts.

"When?" That is said by Timothy.

"The first attempted murder was when she killed her mother. The next was when she was just a baby, her father was in the other room and she took the opportunity to drown her while bathing her. Another time was when she was riding her bike and she was backing up. She said most people thought it was an accident, but she knew that you were there and she intentionally waited for you to go behind her. There were other times, but always other people were there to save you. But then your siblings were born and she let them torment you and she stopped trying to kill you. 

"She was rather pleased that you died before her. But then she suddenly stopped talking and her pleased look turned to one of terror and she just asked if that was all. She was more than happy to be booked into the jail. She will be arraigned as soon as it can be possible. From there, if she doesn't change her plea she will be sentenced and taken to a medium security prison. I will try to have her placed in high security but it's not likely to happen although she deserves it."

"Thank you, detective." Melissa tells him with tears in her eyes.

"I rather think you had a great deal to do with her coming to us, so I thank you and Mr. McGavity. Some of those cases would never have been solved if you hadn't done whatever you did to get her to confess."

"We didn't even talk to her. She hasn't seen Melissa since we came back in town."

There is a text notification on Mason's phone. "Well, it seems the DA is rather anxious to settle these cases. Her arraignment will be in two days if you would like to stay and watch it."

Melissa looks at Timothy, at his nod she smiles at Travis, "We'll be there."

Travis stands up preparing to go when he finds Melissa's arms around him. "Do you have to get back to work?"

"No, I have the rest of the day off since I worked almost thirty six hours straight." Travis manages to say before he finds himself in a kiss.

"Melissa, I don't want to step between two people." Travis says once he manages to stop kissing her back.

"I told you yesterday that our relationship isn't like that. It's alright detective, but if it would be alright, I'd like to watch." Timothy tells the detective.

Startled, Travis looks at Timothy, "I guess? I've never had any one else watch while I was with someone sexually before."

That was the last words spoken for some time.

Timothy fed from them, it was satisfying but it would have been better if it had been him with Melissa. He feels two people come to his side.

"How did you two get in here?" He asks not even taking his eyes off Melissa and Travis.

"Melissa gave us a key card yesterday. We didn't want to wake you two up if you were sleeping, we didn't want you grumpy with us like you were yesterday. Fuck, I hadn't expected to see her with someone else." TJ says unable to take his eyes off the two on the bed.

"Go wait in the living room, Tad. Your sister will not appreciate you seeing her like that. She could get into trouble, that's a police officer."

"Yeah, he's the one in charge of taking the statement Pimpernel gave when she had Marissa and Sarah arrested six years ago." TJ says drinking in his sisters body.

Tad reluctantly leaves. 

"You should leave as well, you are so fully aroused you are about to embarrass yourself. Go use one of the restrooms." Timothy tells the young man. TJ reluctantly leaves and Timothy sighs. It's hard for him to hold back especially when he's eaten from them both before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488 16 33
Once upon a time, there was a young boy who experienced constant pain. The only person who truly stayed by his side was Kallie, his sister. She was h...
36.4K 1.2K 22
Delaney likes to keep to herself and she has a good reason to. Her family isn't exactly normal, they're not even human. They're witches. No, they're...
301K 7.9K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
466K 30.1K 92
Arjun is out on a revenge to destroy the family who are reason for his pain. He is a man with no Hope. He loves destroying...all his years in busine...