Beautiful In His Sight (BXB)

By AllAboutTheSmut

When the best day of your life turns into your worst nightmare, you stand in decent company. Deklyn Jackson b... More

Introductions
Characters
Reality
Endings
New Beginnings
Drunken Words, Sober Thoughts
Pillow Talk
Departure
Distractions
Home
Getaway
Paradise
Evil
Oceans
Last Day
Worth It
Meet The Parents
Shock
Burn
Opportunity
Tick, Tock
Partners
Animal
Memory Lane
Reasons
Pay It Foward
180
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor
That Wasn't a Dream?
Can I Take It Back?
Déjà Vu
Maybe I'm Crazy
Jesus take the Wheel
Bet
Princes and Princesses
Strip
Wrench
This Is It
Leave it to Broady
Terrified
Proposition
Scared
Moral Support
Waiting
It's Too Early
Crazy
A Pair of Hearts
Chances
Mr. Mom
Epilogue

Tangled

2K 92 4
By AllAboutTheSmut

***Dek's POV***

I avoid Elik's office like the plague. Jamie has really stirred a side of Elik that I enjoy and loathe. I really enjoy his possessive side. But, the angst that plagues Elik is what upsets me. He literally has nothing to worry about. I would lay may life before the throne of Lucifer before I cheat on Elik.

I miss our office meetings. We still go to lunch but, it's not the same as getting a snack on his office couch. (Elik's cock being that snack.) I decided avoiding the problem was better than taking a chance that Jamie would continue to push Elik's buttons. It's not an if. It's a when.

Honestly, I'm not sure that Jamie actually has any real interest in me. He seems like the type of douche to want what he can't have. Me! I'm 💯 off limits. Jamison seems the type to be intrigued by things that are unreachable. While that is a wonderful quality in business, personally it could not suck more.

Unfortunately, we still have months of this government contract to fulfill. Elik attempted to transfer Jamie to the New York office. That didn't go as planned. I'm not sure what leverage dear sweet Jamie has over his boss (note the sarcasm) but, he is still our problem.

Honestly, if Jamie could behave, I would not have minded him coming over to hang out. It would have been nice. Judging by his behavior, mood swings and apparent competition with Elik, that can't be put on the table. There is no competition. Seriously, like none.

Elik is comparable to a Greek God. He lights all my fuses on fire. Every smile he blesses me with, makes me know I am one lucky Son of a Bitch. I don't know how I got so lucky. I don't care. I know how to treasure someone. Elik is my blessing.

Future Husband: Sweetheart, I apologize. I can't make it to lunch today.

I read the text from Elik. Disappointed, I respond.

Me: I understand babe. It's okay. I will see you after work.

Future Husband: I love you so damn much.

Me: I love you 😘

I slide my phone in my book bag as I exit my car in the University parking lot. I sigh. It's gonna be a long day today.

I listen as my professor drones on about the concepts of market equilibrium. A yawn rudely escapes my lips. This is my fourth course in this field. It all began to sound like noise after the second semester.

Once the class is finally dismissed, I boot. As if lightning was striking my feet, I blitz toward my car. Instead of going straight home, I drive to the shopping mall. I still have hours before my love is off work.

I stroll in and out of the stores. I have no real purpose. I'm just wasting time.

As I pass the jewelry store, I stop. A beautiful ring catches my eye. I stare adoringly at the piece of jewelry before a sales associate exits the opening to the store. He walks beside me and smiles widely.

"It's a beautiful piece. One of a kind. The crafter makes all his jewelry individually. No two are exactly the same." The salesman explains.

"Deklyn." I state as I reach my hand towards the gentleman.

"Marcus." He greets me in return.

"Can you tell me more about this ring?" I ask. My eyes are glued to the innocent band. I can't seem to tear myself away from it.

"This particular band was created in 2011. It has been adored by many, purchased by none." Marcus spills into the history.

"Why not?" I ask.

"It's a bit pricey." Marcus grimaces.

That has no bearings at the moment.

"What were the crafter's intentions when he made the piece?" I ask interested in the history.

"He made this ring with his boyfriend in mind. He turned the platinum by hand. Hours he worked to make the band comfortable and fitted." Marcus speaks in a far away tone.

"What happened?" I question.

I notice there are no other customers. I don't feel bad for monopolizing the sales man.

"As he hand picked each diamond he thought of the love the two men shared. He wiped away tears as each stone was pressed into the precious metal. He worked tirelessly with the intention of betrothing his beloved." Marcus takes a deep breath. A tear slips from his eye and I can not help but rub his shoulder as he feels the waves of emotions that the story brought forth.

"Why doesn't the man have the ring?" I ask confused.

"The night the ring was finally complete, the jeweler ran home. He was excited to kneel before the love of his life and ask his hand in marriage. The door was cracked open as he approached. His heart clenched in his chest when he heard moans escaping the walls." Marcus shutters as he gets to the torrid details.

I gasp. My heart pounding against my chest. I find my hand clutching his shoulder as the other covers my heart. I am willing my heart to quiet down.

"I walked into our home and was met with the eyes of someone I knew well. Too well. My brother was underneath my lover. His eyes held malice as he jerked forward with the force of my love's thrusts. Jay was so busy throttling my blood kin, he didn't notice my heart shattering in that very moment." Marcus whispers the rest of the story.

My heart explodes in pins and needles. I had never felt so devastated. The ring was made by Marcus. I pull the stranger, who I felt had given me a part of his soul, into my arms. I hold him tightly as he cries into my chest. My hands thread thru his hair. I could not feel anything less than pity. The man had lost his soul mate and brother in the same night.

Once his sniffling tapered off, I pulled him away and stares into his grey eyes.

"Are you sure you want to sell this?" I question the heart broken Marcus.

"It's time. I have to quit showcasing the pain it brought me. The ring was made with love. It needs a forever home on a finger that is more deserving than the intended owner. I'm hoping by finally separating with it, I can move on." Marcus nods as he agrees with his consensus.

"I will take it." I promise.

"First, you must tell me about the man who will wear it." Marcus urges.

We walk to the center of the jewelry store. I accept a cup of coffee that Marcus has delivered.

"Elik is the love of my life. I met him the night I lost my parents. He was a stranger and stayed with me everyday since. He thought nothing of uprooting his life for a high school graduate who had his whole life destroyed with a phone call. Elik held me that night. He carried me, physically carried me, to my father's hospital bed to say my final goodbye. Elik is one of a kind." I start.

"Tell me more. Surely, he has even more impressive qualities." Marcus encourages.

"He has the biggest heart. He looks at me with his blue eyes and I swear, I see an angel. Elik has no regard for himself when it comes to friends, family, strangers and especially me. He is forgiving, courageous, loving and absolutely perfect." I beam as I sing my love's praises.

"You sound smitten." Marcus smiles genuinely at me.

"I'm head over heels. I'm so deep with him. I truly can't see our beginning or end. We are entangled, intertwined and one. It has always felt like he was just made for me." I wipe a tear as the confession forces moisture out of my orbs.

"Are you certain you will not end up in another's arms?" Marcus inquires. He seems almost ashamed for having asked. I don't mind. I know the answer.

"I'm positive. I have had plenty pursue me. No one will or has caught my attention. Sometimes, you just know. Elik makes me feel whole. I only hope I do the same for him. He has been my rock. His parents have stepped in and treated me as their own. I am blessed. The others who have tried to steal my attention, they are fruitless. They always will be. You can't help the actions of others. But, it's how you reciprocate that matters. I can't possibly love another." I continue.

"Why is that?" Marcus cocks a brow at me. The smile playing on his lips giving me an inclination that he knows I'm telling the truth.

"Simple." I breathe out. "If I forsake my love, I would be hurting myself. I'm not a masochist. I can't love without the second beat to my heart. Sure, my heart would still pound, but it would never be to the same rhythm. My song plays in sync with Elik. I can't destroy that. I won't." I shake my head in disgust at the thought of ripping Elik's heartbeat from my melody.

"$11,000. That's the cost of the materials." Marcus stands and unlocks the case.

"I can't." I disagree whole heartedly.

"Why?" He asks incredulously.

"I want to pay the fair value." I shake my head.

"It's priceless. It was made for your Elik. I just feel it. Please let me honor you with this gift." Marcus pleads.

I shake my head but, my resolve breaks when he places the ring in my hand. I stare at it. The place the cold metal touches my skin, warms.

I smile. It's gorgeous and perfect.

"$15,999. I will accept." I finagle.

"Sure." Marcus nods and takes the ring from my hand. I give him my bank card and he wraps the ring up. He hands me the wrapped box.

"Hold tight to Elik. He sounds splendid." Marcus winks.

I thank him profusely. I walk away with my heart full and my hand clutching the tiny box. I slip it into my pocket and walk out of the mall to my car.

Once in the car, I immediately drive to Uncle Ian's office. I show him the ring and ask to have it insured.

The price he recommends makes me visibly wobble.

"Where did you get that?" Uncle Ian asks.

I tell him the story of the sad jewelry craftsman. He nods his head in understanding.

"He lied about one thing." Uncle Ian insists.

I squint my eyes at my uncle.

"The price." Uncle Ian confirms.

"These are hand carved diamonds. I have seen them only one other time. There is another ring by the same crafter. Those two rings are the only in existence to have the diamonds from India cut from the same mines as the Koh-I-Noor. Rumor states that there is a larger stone to which the diamonds were cut from. However, no one has found proof of that claim. Deklyn this ring is worth a half million dollars." Ian informs me.

After speaking with Uncle Ian we insure for a cool million. I don't care about any money. The ring is priceless because Marcus found my Elik worthy to wear it. One day he shall. Today is not that day. But, soon.

I drive home and lock the ring away in my secret floor vault. I would not want Elik coming across the ring before I wish for it to be revealed.

I lay down on the bed and close my eyes. I think of the words that both Marcus and I spilled today. I feel even more lucky. I have no fear that I will ever walk in on a heart wrenching scene as Marcus had. Elik loves me and I love him.

Jamie be damned. Nothing will ever come between Elik and me. We were made to fill each other's souls. I have no doubt. My breathing regulates and softly I pull into the land of naps. My heart is full and my mind is swimming with ideas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 1.6K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
25.5K 1.2K 42
"Get out," he sighed. "N-" I got out. "Nah, you can go," he shook his head. "Babe," I called out, but he wasn't having it. "I fucking risked my life...
53.6K 552 22
I met the love of my life, the one that I will spent with for the rest of my life. I never want anything just him. He changed my life. By the way thi...
3.6K 157 38
Pretty Boy How could you exactly define yourself as being pretty? Is keeping myself high, be enough? Would the wounds around my body, mark me as to...