Sterling

By variestae

It was inevitable. It always has been. From the rumors at his school to his taunting parents behind closed do... More

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BONUS SCENE

Chapter Forty-Eight

7K 409 83
By variestae

"The winter dance is this Friday." Jungkook came walking up behind Taehyung who was at his locker, stuffing books into his bag. The sudden deep voice startled him a little, causing his heart to pound against his chest as he turned around and seen his boyfriend with a smile on his face, chuckling.

Taehyung held a hand over his chest, feeling his rapidly beating heart pound against it as he released a puff of air in relief before turning back around and resuming what he was doing, "You scared me, Kookie."

The ravenette laughed lightly as he snaked his arms around his small waist, resting his chin on his shoulder with a bunny smile on his thin pink lips. He kissed his neck and then his pink cheek, "I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to."

The brunet boy flashed him his famous boxy grin, shaking his head a little, "I know. It's okay." He shut his locker door before spinning in Jungkook's arms, wrapping his own around his boyfriend's neck and peering up at him.

"Anyway, about this dance," the older began, "Ever been to one before?" He asked gently, pecking his boyfriend's forehead before looking into his chestnut eyes.

"No, I actually haven't," the smaller stated, "Hobi, Jimin, Yoongi, and I all thought it was a waste of money and our time. Kinda like the football games until you asked me to go." Jungkook nodded, his lips forming an 'O' shape, "What about you? Ever been to one?"

"A couple." Jungkook nodded, "With some people from the football team. We all went to hang out and shit like that. They were never fun but we did it anyway, and then it all eventually stopped when everyone started dating and going with their girlfriends and boyfriend."

Taehyung chuckled, "Boyfriend? As in singular?"

Jungkook nodded with a bunny smile, pecking Taehyung's cheek, "Yeah. Jin and Joon are the only ones who are in a gay relationship-well, besides us now, but at the time they were the only ones."

The small brunet boy flashed his boyfriend his boxy smile that Jungkook loved, causing him to connect their lips in a tender kiss. "Why are you asking me about the dance?" He curiously asked, after breaking the kiss.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go," the older answered with a sweet smile, "I think it would be really fun, too, you know? You and I, have our first dance together, spend some quality time together, too."

Taehyung felt his heart swell, a bright smile breaking out across his lips as he scrunched his nose, giggling at his boyfriend, "You're cute, Kookie."

The ravenette smiled, pecking the younger's lips. "So, you wanna go? Or do you prefer to do something else?" He queried softly, tucking a piece of hair behind the brunet's ear.

The smaller hummed in thought, "Hm, depends," he began, "Who's my date?"

"Why, you cheeky little-" Jungkook began tickling Taehyung, attacking his sides as the younger began giggling and laughing, eyes shutting and smile only growing wider.

"S-St-stop! Kookie! I'm-I'm sorry!" Taehyung tried to get out through his laughs, but miserably failed as Jungkook kept attacking his boyfriend's sides, smiling his signature bunny smile as the younger's laughter filled his ears.

After a while of tickling Taehyung until he was literally out of breath, Jungkook stopped and allowed him to catch his breath. His light panting filled his ears now as his laughter and giggles died down, all while he wiped the tears away from his eyes.

"You're mean," he said with a fake pout, causing the raven-haired boy to chuckle at how cute he looked, pecking his lips until he kissed the pout away and a smile was now invading his full lips.

"I'm sorry, baby," Jungkook whispered against his lips before attacking him with kisses again. The brunet laughed lightly, smiling widely as he allowed the ravenette's lips to attack him. "Better now?" He asked once he pulled away.

Taehyung nodded, smiling up at him as he wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his chin on his boyfriend's hard chest, "Much."

"Seriously though, want to go to the dance with me?" He asked with hopeful eyes-eyes Taehyung could never say no to, and he found himself nodding his head in response.

"What's the dress code?" The brunet asked, pulling away from his boyfriend to lean his back against his locker with his arms folded in front of his chest.

"Formal, but nobody listens to the dress code and just wears what they wanna wear," Jungkook replied with a small shrug of his shoulders as he stuffed his hands in his jeans pockets. Taehyung nodded, puckering his lips in thought.

"I don't have anything that's formal, but I have casual clothes," he stated, mainly to himself but the ravenette heard him loud and clear, causing him to take a step forward.

"Do you prefer formal or casual?"

"Well, I'll dress formal if I have to, but I feel like causal is more for me, you know?" Jungkook nodded, reaching up and tracing his boyfriend's bottom lip with his thumb.

It's only been a few days since their breakup scare, and since then, Taehyung and Jungkook have been practically glued together. The ravenette was scared that Taehyung would change him mind again and breakup with him and mean it this time.

He's been trying not to smother the younger by being by his side as much as he could, but after what happened scared him. It scared Taehyung, too, and he genuinely didn't understand why he would even think breaking up with Jungkook was a good idea in the first place.

He regrets even thinking about it, and he definitely regrets putting Jungkook through all that heartbreak and scare, because he was also hurting when he decided to breakup.

He felt like he owed it to Jungkook for everything he's done for him. The olde went out of his way to do so much for the younger-things Taehyung didn't think anyone would do for someone they barely knew at the time.

"Dress casual, because I'm dressing casual."

Taehyung laughed lightly as he sent him a small nod, his eyes shifted down onto the floor as the older took a step closer to him. His gaze snapped back at him, smiling softly as Jungkook dipped his head, capturing his lips.

The kiss was sweet and tender, showing Jungkook just how much he cared for Taehyung. It was a loving kiss, one that took the brunet's breath away as his hands clutched the thin fabric of his shirt, his knuckles turning a ghost white.

"There's something else I need to talk to you about," Jungkook spoke once he broke the kiss, to which Taehyung hummed, "My parents will be back in town Saturday morning, so what do you want to do?"

Taehyung felt his stomach drop, causing him to feel a little queasy as he slumped back against the lockers behind him, his arms wrapping around himself as he looked down the hallway, "Um, I-I don't know. I don't think I'm ready to meet them."

"Why, baby?"

The brunet boy's gaze shifted back to his boyfriend, their eyes locking, and that was when Jungkook could see the raw and genuine fear in his eyes. He could feel the fear, too, and it terrified him that he was able to feel something like that just by looking into his eyes.

"Because, if I meet them then they're going to ask questions I'm not comfortable answering. Once they find out I've been staying at your place without their permission, and we've been sleeping in the same bed-it's just too much, Kookie."

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Calm down, baby," Jungkook soothed him, reaching out and looping his arms around his waist, pulling him against his chest as he ran a hand up and down his back in a soothing manner.

Taehyung relaxed in his embrace, releasing a puff of breath he didn't realize he was holding. He nodded, eyes closing as he rests his head against his broad chest.

"They won't judge you, if that's what you're afraid of," he told the smaller, his voice soft and quiet, soothing even, and it had Taehyung relaxing more.

"But what're they going to think when they find out a high school boy who's been abused by his parents his whole life, bullied in high school, to the point he tried committing suicide four times, and now is dating their son?"

He pulled away and looked up at the ravenette, eyebrows pulled together a little. There was a little hostility in his voice, like he was a little offended in a way. He expected Jungkook's parents to question their relationship, because of what the younger's been through.

"Tae, they won't judge you. Especially if I'm there," Jungkook tried telling him, but there was that part-that voice in Taehyung's head telling him he was lying-that he was going to be judged. He didn't believe him, because all of his life he was being judge by someone.

He shook his head, pulling completely away from Jungkook and taking a few steps away from him. He ran his fingers through his hair roughly, shaking his head and over and over again. He didn't believe anything he was saying.

He knew his parents were going to judge him. Everyone did. Maybe not Jungkook or their friends, but at some point, he knew they would judge him about something. He was waiting for it to happen.

But he knew and had this gut feeling that Jungkook wouldn't do that to him. His mind and thoughts were all over the place at this moment, and he didn't know what to think. All he knew was he wasn't ready to meet his parents, and tell them everything about his past.

"I'm not ready to tell them about my past." He shook his head again, turning his head to look the other way, not wanting to see Jungkook's face and his eyes.

"Tae, just tell them. They won't judge you. They'll understand you better. That's all." It was like his words didn't mean anything to the younger, because he kept shaking his head.

"I can't believe you're trying to make me do something like that."

"I'm not trying to make you do anything," Jungkook stated matter of factly, scoffing shortly after, "I'm just trying to reassure you that they're not going to judge you, and they'll make you feel like you belong there."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore, Jungkook," Taehyung told him, shaking his head and crossing his arms over his chest, "I'm not ready to meet them. And I'm definitely not ready to tell them about my past."

The atmosphere around them changed. The tension was thick between them, and they were both a little annoyed with one another. Taehyung was agitated and felt like he was being pressured into doing something he didn't want to do just yet.

He wasn't ready to talk about something that personal. His past was his business. Nobody else's. He didn't tell Jungkook or his friends about what was going on at home because he didn't need any more of that extra judgment coming from anybody.

"You don't have to tell them about your past, Tae." Jungkook took a step closer to him, hands reaching out to wrap around his small wrists, "We'll just tell them your parents are out of town and won't be back for awhile."

"You want me to lie to them?"

"It's not lying," Jungkook told, "They're technically out of town, and we don't know when they'll be back."

"We don't know that they're out of town, Jungkook," he sighed, shaking his head at the older with an eye roll, "Besides, I'm not comfortable not telling the whole truth. If I'm going to be staying with them, they deserve to know the truth, and nothing but the truth."

"But you're not going to tell them what's going on, because you don't want them to know," the raven-haired boy pointed out, "So, then where are you going to go?"

The brunet shrugged, sighing deeply, "I don't know. I guess I can just stay at my place for the time being, and just hope my parents don't come around for the next two years."

"I don't want you anywhere near that house without me there with you," he declared, "I can't risk losing you again to them or to anyone, alright? If you're staying at your place, I'm going to be there, too."

"You can't stay with me there forever," Taehyung said quietly, knowing that if he stayed there every night, his parents would become suspicious as to where he was and what he was always doing every night, "Your parents will want to know what's going on."

"I'll tell them something."

"I don't want you lying to them, either." He finally faced him, eyes locking with his boyfriend's. "I think it's better if you just stay home, not lie to your parents, and I'll stay at my place."

Jungkook was quick to shake his head, "No, I'm not letting you go back there alone. I can't risk your parents coming back in the middle of the night, and you're by yourself."

"Jungkook, I have to do something," the brunet stated, allowing Jungkook to wrap his fingers around his wrist and tug on it, "I can't stay with you forever. Even if your parents know about my past and what's going on. They'll get annoyed and they'll expect me to be out of their house sooner or later."

"I can't let you go back there, though, Tae."

"Why not? I'm pretty sure I'll be fine," he murmured, not entirely convinced with his own words. He didn't believe he would be okay, because this was him he was talking about. Nothing was ever okay when it came to him and his parents.

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something else happened to you," he stated sternly, his voice dropping, sending chills down Taehyung's spine as he tugged on his bottom lip, "You don't realize the panic and pain I went through when I thought you were going to die that day."

"Kooki-"

"No. You're not going back, and that's final."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 5.6K 33
•TAEGI• "You're such a bad Idol, Taehyung." Yoongi argued with the taller man. "You just used your fame to get into a girl's pants. Don't you feel...
5.3K 171 23
Book 1 Min Yoongi only had his mother. His father didn't accept Yoongi being gay. He even forced him to be with a girl but that didn't change anythin...
26.8K 723 14
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ☆Includes: Depression, self-harm, bullying, manipulation, and others. Don't read if you have a problem with it. ~ Jeon Jungkook is...
17.4K 416 43
Y/n's whole life constant obstacles have been thrown her way and she has no one to help her overcome them. Overtime, they have all brought her down t...