ERROR

By khxlix_03

Angel Rodriguez is the daughter of a very powerfull man named Robert Rodriguez. She has everything any girl... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50

35

18.4K 448 417
By khxlix_03

The room is really pretty. You can tell she has been living here for so long that it became her own personal room. The walls are clear white. There is one hospital kind of bed in the middle of the room, a white desk and a little comfy couch with multiple pillows in different colors on it. On my side of the wall besides the door, there is a typical white closet with multiple stickers and pictures placed on the doors. I ask myself, if all the rooms are this personal. Besides the bed this looks like a normal room of a teenager. Besides the bed is a little table with multiple cases with pills in them. This is where the line of 'normalness' is crossed. Then I also notice the multiple breathing machines standing besides the bed also. Wich means she probably has sleeping problems.

Then my eyes land on the beautiful girl that calmly rests on her bed. She is sitting one her bed while not moving at all. Only her eyes scan over me. It somehow reminds me of River but he looked with lust, she looks with 'boredom'. As if she isn't surprised I would come. But I ask myself how she even knows about my existence, let go how I look. It somehow freaks me out in a bad way.

'I knew you would come', her voice is soft and calm ',sit down.'

I nod as I sit down on her cute little couch. My inner self is freaking out right now because of the creepyness that is radiating from her. She knew I was would come.

We are only two meters away from eachother and it is weird to finally come eye to eye with Sophia West. But the thing that interests me the most is the fact that she knew I would come.

I observe her looks. She has a really light face, her skin color even looks like the sick type of light. Her eyes are just the same deep blue color as River's. But her hair is much different. It is very similar to mine, almost identical even. We both have a light brown hair color but instead of my long hair, her's is short. It suits her well. In fact I didn't accept Sophia to be so pretty but I guess her brother got it from her.

She seems to observe me also.

'Sophia West', I speak ',I need some answers from you.'
'Asnwers ?'
'You are the only one that can tell me what is going on.'
'Maybe ask your dad', she speaks after a long silence.
'He doesn't tell me anything. River doesn't either.'
'Why would he ?'
'Maybe care to explain why he hates my dad so bad that he puts him jail ?'
'Your dad', she speaks again but this time she is clearly thinking about how to say what she wants without saying too much ',made some big mistakes and my brother and I had to deal with the consequences.'

'Cut the bullshit. I need answers not quotes', I speak up.

I am so over my father telling me it's a long story and I shouldn't invest in it even though it has made my life a mess. Also River who just aims for revenge instead of caring to explain doesn't make it better either. Everyone is so up in this stuff but no one wants to tell me what in fact is actually going on because it is clear this is not just about any buisness pr anything like that.

'If I tell you, you're life will change completely and you will never see your father the same way you do know.'

I gasp. There is no point of hiding my feelings. He destroyed a family and I wonder what bad he did to cause this much pain. I want to hear the answer but at the same time I don't also. It is my right to know for what exact reason River put him in jail.

'What happend ?'

'It was a long time ago. It all started before I was even born', she starts explaing.

Sophia is two years older then River and I. If she wasn't even born back then, what must have happend that they still aim for revenge till this day ? I realise this is the moment the truth will come out. This is the story I have been waiting for so long.

'Samira West, my mother was forced into a marriage with my father John West who was know for his very well buisness and investments. They never loved eachother buy both of them tried to make the best out of it. But after a year of marriage and still no children, it reflected on my mother. She was always a weak person. And after some time she just', Sophia speaks and I can hear the hurt in her voice. She doesn't wants to tell this at all. I can see in her eyes that all she wants is just to forget about her past but it always hunts her down.

'broke', she ends her sentence.

I look into her scarred eyes.

'She fell into a depression. My father never bothered to give her any attention or take care of her, she always had to take care of him but their was no one for her. That's why shd found calmness and love in your father.'

love

Four simple letters with such a strong meaning. The color leaves my face. This is not what I expected, not at all. I could expect illegal buisness, fights, drugs maybe even murder but love ?

'They had an affair, Angel.'

I stop.

I just stop.

My fingers start trembling. I already feel the tears start to build up in my eyes and they are on the very edge of falling down. But after hearing something like this, their no being strong anymore. It is hurtfull. It is so damn hurtful when you realise all of your life was one big lie. A beautiful lie that you never expected to end.

'No.'

'I am sorry', She looks into my now wet eyes.

'Just go on.'

'Their little secret didn't last that long. But when they broke things of, it was already too late. Samire got pregnant and John knew damn well it wasn't his child.'

Her words suddenly hit me. They very slowly comprehend through my already broken mind. I look up from the ground into those blue ones. She looks at me in complete silence.

'You.'

'Let me finish.'

'You are my half sister ?'
My voice is trembling. I can't speak in a normal way. Everything is a complete mess. This is never what I expected or even could imagine. This is even unreal but Sophia has no benefit in lying to me.

'Let me finish.'

'okay.'

'When I was born, I didn't look one bit like my father and he tested our DNA. When he found out I wasn't his kid, he went absolute nuts and started drinking a lot. That's where we went bankrupt. He also controlled my whole life and never let me do anything nor go anywhere. He abused me and mentally made me feel like I was nothing', she speaks with now a cold voice. There is a single tear that rolls down her cheeck. This is what made her this way and she can't bear to speak about it. It shows what a strong person she really is.

'When I was two, River was born and he was treated way beter then me because he was actually John's child. And I was just garbage.'

'But why did you try to kill your mother if John was the one that abused you ?'

It is the question I wanted to ask since the moment I saw her beautiful face. Sophia looks like every other young girl. She is really pretty and has everything any girl would want to have. It is sad that her past hunts her down. She could achieve so many great things in life if she just grew up in a normal and loving way.

'Neomi Quest, she told you didn't she ?'

'She feels really bad for setting you up.'
'Yeah I bet she does.'

I don't know how to answer to that. My tears have already dried down. I am not crying anymore. There is no point in it any ways. It is not going to make things easier or undo the mistakes our parent made. And I accept the truth, at least I try for now. This is a lot to comprehend but I am happy I finally know the truth.

'But I lied to her. I didn't trust her enough to tell the whole story so I just made something up to at least give her somy type of answer.'

'So you why are you in here ?'

'My childhood was crap.'

She says it so easily. But there has happend so many bad things to her and the reason behind it is John West. He hated her for not being his daughter and he punished her for her mother's mistakes. I feel so bad for Sophia because she was treated so bad to end up in the worst department of a mentall health centrum.

'I am sorry.'
'For what exactly ?'
'For the shit you had to go through because of my father.'
'It wasn't only his fault, my mother is just as much to blaim.'

It is quiet for a few seconds.

'You're my sister.'
'Half sister, yes.'
'That's insane but how do you know all of this ?'
'Before they send me to greenpeace, I was doing research on why my dad hated me so much and so I started searching', she calmly breathed out.
'I found my mothers diary, thats where all her darkest secrets and thoughts were written in. Once I read all of it, I had enough. I felt like I have been lied to my whole life, nothing was the same for me anymore and that's how I ended up in here.'

'Thats how I feel right now.'
'You shouldn't, our father does anything to keep both of us happy. He has done so much for me, he doesn't want me to stay in Greenpeace anymore but he still keeps me here because he knows that I still need it. Maybe I will recover but it needs a lot of time. He treats me like an actual daughter that is loved by her father. In those five years that I have been here, he gave me the whole childhood that my so called father and mother failed to give me.'

our father

'He lied to me.'
'Sometimes people lie to protect the person they love.'

She doesn't call him by his first name. She actually treats him like her dad. Inside I flinch a little. I can see the love she has for my dad wich means my dad spends a lot of time with her if she calls him dad. Somewhere it hits me, he has another daughter. The truth finally comprehends itself in my mind. I knew there was something really off happening between our families but this is beyond crazy. The feeling of betrayal has now replaced my curiosity. It hurts. It hurts to find out this way about something that has been going on before I was born. Sophia is his first daughter and he really loves her by the way she talks about him. It makes me happy and sad at the same time because I realise she probably spends more time with him then I do. We bearly see eachother during the day, sometimes when I wake up earlier I see him right before he leaves. I also realise that maybe those two days trips he suddenly went on, weren't trips and he just stayed at Greenpeace to spend more time with Sophia. I know it is unfair of me to be mad at him for spending time with his daughter, but I still do. I feel betrayed.

'I am sorry', I speak after some long thinking. Sophia's eyes meet mine and she slightly tilts her head to the side while waiting for fruther explanation from me.
'For using you to hurt River even though I didn't know shit about you.'
'The act at school', she calmly sighs while our eyes are still focused on eachother ',yeah River told me about it.'
'I was really mad at him because he used me and hurt my family, so I thought if I hurt his family too it would make me feel better.'
I speak with full honesty.
'I can tell he feels bad for hurting you by the way he talks about you, it seems like you guys had something going on that was more then just friends.'
'We were never friends, let go even more than that.'
'I am sorry too, I couldn't change Rivers mindset that John gave him.'
'It's okay.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9M 343K 76
** Currently in the progress of being rewritten :)** - Angel Romano was known for his ruthless ways. They said he was a supposed duplicate of his fat...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
977K 27.5K 40
Blaze Knight lost her mum in a car accident. Blaze witnessed the death of her mum and it haunts her nearly every day and night. She struggle with dep...
67K 2.4K 43
Liela moved in with her aunt Mrs Fidelia, and wanted to get the approval of her aunt's son 'Gabriel'. Unknowing to her, Gabriel had started developin...