๐™ป๐š˜๐šŒ๐š” ๐™ป๐šž๐šŒ๐š” || Hyakkima...

By Sixteen_OS

"๐•๐•ฆ๐•”๐•œ ๐•“๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ ๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•  ๐•ฅ๐•š๐•– ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•—๐•’๐•ฅ๐•–, ๐•“๐• ๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐••๐•–๐•• ๐•“๐•ช ๐•’... More

โ€ข|| Clichรฉ ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| better ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| catastrophic ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| negativity ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| heart warming||โ€ข
โ€ข|| throbbing ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| ecstatic ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| patience ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| blurred ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| rectify ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| unexpected ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| strange ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| secluded ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| comfort ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| senses ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| indebted ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| headache ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| flustering ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| change ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| enlighten ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| flared ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| skirmish ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| attachment ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| pricked ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| distance ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| palpitations ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| queries ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| vague ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| cleave ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| twinge ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| farewell ||โ€ข
โ€ข|| Lock Luck ||โ€ข
โ thank you โ๏ปฟ

โ€ข|| rhythm ||โ€ข

2.4K 182 69
By Sixteen_OS

As dismal as it may sound, I have never experienced checking-in in a hotel before. Well, as much as I would have loved to lounge in a luxurious room with a queen-sized bed and soft, silky sheets, I don't have the money to. I mean, I'm just a hobo that couldn't even afford Netflix. Well, I wouldn't need to afford it if my best friend can; I can just easily barge inside his house to Netflix and chill.

Moving on, before your green minds take over the comment section, being one who wasn't born in a family with a lot of money, I learned to saved up money in a very young age, which led to me turning to a cheapskate, then to one who would run a business of doing projects involving editing videos and such, and then to a sadist who would turn everything into a bet with my one and only idiot of a best friend. Hey, we need money in this cruel world.

Both in the real one and in this dreadful one, especially in this dreadful one actually.

"Look at all the money we've got, Onee-chan!" Dororo came rushing towards my direction in an incredibly enthusiastic manner, reminding me of a child coming home to show off to her mother a golden star in her drawing. As she jiggled the heavy-looking pouch of coins, I can see her hopping up and down with great excitement, her bright face grinning from ear-to-ear. "And, guess what, Onee-chan!" She continued, her eagerness not dying even for a miniscule.

Not knowing how to exactly react as I wasn't much a fan of kids, I gave a lopsided smile. "What...?"

As far as I'm concerned, don't bother on asking me to babysit anyone. I swear to my Pokemon card collection that the little brat would be babysitting me instead or you would end up with two children crying instead of one. The other one would be me.

"We will be staying in an inn tonight." The black-haired child mused proudly, before adding. "It was part of the reward for ridding the pest on a farming village not far from here."

I may not be the most street-smart person out there, looking back at how many times I almost got ran-over by a car. But, I am very well aware that a job that pays suspiciously too much is gonna be hella shady. I am not always an idiot when it comes to life. I mean, I'm not dead, am I?

"Wait a minute. Don't you think your client is a bit too generous." I remarked, quite suspicious. My claim wipes the smile out of the young girl's face instantly as I came to the realization that I may not have considered my choice of words that well. Hmm, I should learn to not act rather insensitive in situations like this. I breathed out a sigh, bringing a hand on my forehead. "Look. I don't intend to burst your bubble here. But, I believe it would be naive to trust just anyone."

"That's quite something, hearing it from you of all people, airhead." Dororo remarks harshly, earning her a sharp glare from yours truly. Our usual gag would be narrating the boyish girl's unfazed persona right after, chuckling to further rile me up. However, in this situation, the chestnut-eyed girl returns the grimace, showing her great displeasure from my offhanded comment. "Unlike you, Aniki and I came to check where we would be staying first before agreeing. And, I'll have you know that we wouldn't just be staying there. We're going to do a few errands for the inn owner and look for a few herbs."

What does she mean unlike me? I'll have her know that I check if there's still unflushed shit in the toilet bowl before using a public bathroom. I am not that careless.

"You should have said so in the first place." I rolled my eyes, followed with a click of my tounge. "But I am still not buying it. I'm pretty sure that place is either haunted or a psychopath is ready to murder us to sell our organs in the blackmarket."

It may come off as paranoid, but knowing my luck is as marvelous as the Baudelaire's, I wouldn't be surprised if my assumption were to end up correct. And, if you have gotten that reference, can I have the pleasure to kidnap you and force you to be my friend.

"Well, good luck camping out alone in the woods then." Dororo scoffed, spinning her heels abruptly. I presume she doesn't want to see me.

Well then, one of us has to be mature and swallow up their pride.

And I refuse to be that person.

"Ha. Maybe I will." Folding my arms across my chest, I spun my heels. The action lead me to abruptly meeting Hyakkimaru's form, our profile's not a ruler away. I have to admit; I didn't notice him behind me. "Hey there, Hyakkimaru. Mind saying (Y/N) today."

The ebony-haired male only tilts his head slightly to side, staring curiously at me with his hazel-coloured prosthetic hues. With that reaction, I already knew this boy wouldn't say my name just yet. I breathed out a sigh, slapping his shoulder lightly. "Never mind."

"You're not coming?" Hyakkimaru questions like a curious child, bearing his hazel prosthetics into my (e/c) pools. I find myself internally bursting to loud screeches at how adorable the raven head seemed at the moment. Goddamit! Where is my camera when I need it? Every fangirl in the world would kill to capture a photo of this man. A shame his father is an asshole. "I won't if you won't."

This boi can make any girl fall for him without any effort. How am I supposed to act like a pissy beach if he's making a face like that? It is a an extremely rare chance to rest in a proper bed in this era, I couldn't possibly rob that away from him due to immature pride and selfishness.

And so, in a begrudging manner,

"Lead the way to the goddamn inn, Dororo." I muttered almost in an inveighing manner without bothering to look down at the shorter girl as I slumped my shoulders. "At the very least, we could get some actual sleep there."

"Well, while we're at it, we might as well enjoy the hot springs there." Dororo claims, breaking off the news that had sent me with my head up in the clouds at the thought of dipping in hot waters in this frigid winter season. At the moment, it seemed the both of us had momentarily forgotten about our earlier banter. "Make sure to clean up real nicely, Onee-san."

A smirk made it's way to the child's lips as she said so, looking at me with great pride. Her rude comment had snapped me out of my thoughts, a scowl curving down my lips as I narrowed my eyes at the child. Now, I'm mad. "What are you implying?"

"Simple." She shrugged her shoulders as she made a one-eighty spin, her back now facing me as she continued. "You reek, Onee-san."

Do I really?

And with a whiff, I found my answer without hitch. All it was were two simple letters.

Ew.

~~~~~

Well, what else should I expect from a free lounge-in inn in this type of era.

I let out a sneeze as dust had covered our surroundings the moment I opened the vacant room we were generously offered. Snot dripped down my nose as my allergic rhinitis instantly reacted to the poorly cleaned room.

"Yeah. I have to get out a bit." I claimed, letting out another strong sneeze. Sniffling, I lifted up my arm to wipe the snot with my tattered sleeves. "I'm going to the hot springs, if you'll excuse me. And, I want this room clean when I get back."

"Geez, what a baby." Dororo scoffed, letting out another of her devious smirks as I shot her a subtle glare beforw letting out a sneeze once more. A string of chuckles slipped past her lips not long after, waving her hand dismissively. "Alright, alright. Just head on to the hot springs already; I heard from the owner that a change of clothes is prepared for us. Aniki and I will follow after."

"Sure. I'm counting on you." I sniffled loudly upon letting out anothet sneeze, instantly trodding my way away from the current vicinity. I certainly don't need my allergies acting up here, where allergy pills haven't been invented yet. I mean, I wouldn't want to make history as the first pitiful human to die because of dust.

"Wait. Where the hell is the stupid hot springs again?" I mumbled out quietly to myself as I halted my steps at the sudden realization. Breathing out a heavy sigh at my own foolishness -again - I pondered whether I should go back and ask Dororo for my directions. However, knowing I would only get mocked at the action, my prideful self chose to be stubborn and make things harder for my self by wandering around this huge rundown inn.

Now, as a person who basically spends her whole day cooped up inside the comfort of her own room - a person who rarely goes out for strolls, I have a terrible sense of direction. And to those who have experienced getting lost before, like in a whole new campus thrice the size of your own school, we all know how this would turn out.

Just where is this?

Taking a good scan around the area, I found myself stuck inside a poorly illuminated hall, a lit candle or two giving the least bit light in the area. A few portraits hung on the walls here and there, and this area seemed fit for a cliche horror film. I swear to Draco Malfoy's blonde hair, if a ghost came jumping out of here, I'm quitting as (Y/N) for this stupid book and look for another side job. It's not like the author is paying me anyways.

"Uh..." Whipping my head at the source of the soft voice, I was greeted with long raven hair and pale skin. The soft-looking ebony tresses blocked my view of the person's visage, who was clad in a white yukata. One thing came into mind the moment I had laid eyes on their profile.

Great. A cliche ghost.

"Seriously!" I screeched, on the verge of pulling my hair off. "Do you really think a ghost in this stupid story is genius? Alright, I quit; I am no longer (Y/N). Call me Pedro instead."

Asta lavista, Sayonara, Adieu, Good bye. Good luck finding a replacement with acting skills as perfect as mine.

"Who's Pedro...?" Having to hear the ghost's voice once more, I cannot help but recognize the tone from the back of my mind.

Squinting my eyes, I reached my hand out to the perpetrator's face as I brushed the strands off with my digits. Seeing those familiar hazel prosthetic eyes, my words slipped my tounge blandly. "Oh, it's just you, Hyakkimaru. And, here I thought I could be Pedro now."

A confused hum came from the long haired teen, tilting his head slightly to the sight. With his hair down like that, not too mention seeming fresh from the bath, I could say without any qualms that he looks much more beautiful than any maiden in this whole universe my eyes had ever laid on. Could I be turning gay for this boy? Because, holy shit she -- err he's hot.

"Dororo and I were looking for you." Hyakkimaru stated, eyes boring right through mine like usual. I envy people who are like him, able to maintain eye contact for such a long time. Being the awkward potato I am, my eyes would tend to wander anywhere but the eyes of whom I am speqking. Oddly enough, in this case, I found myself lost in those hazel pools of the ebony-haired male. I don't if I had mentioned this before, but his eyes are definitely mesmerizing -- ironic that it was nothing but prosthetic. "Should we go?"

As he extended his arms towards me, asking for my hand -- not in marriage (which is a shame) -- I was snapped off the spell his eyes had casted upon me. It took me a moment of ponder whether to grab his hand; would I seem overly friendly?

"Do you not want to?" I could see how a flash of disappointment reflected through his amber eyes upon a whole long minute of my uncertainty, hitting me with guilt. Just as he was about to take back his offer and retrieve his hand, I stammered under panic.

"Ah, no! It's not like that. I want to!" I gushed, quite flustered as I instinctively grabbed his wooden fingers. Seeing how Hyakkimaru's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, I heaved out a sigh, regaining my composure. "Ugh. It's a bit hard to put into words." I mumbled under my breath.

Squeezing his prosthetic appendage, I stared down at our entwined hands. "Let's go." I raised my head up to find my (e/c) pools clashing with hazel ones. I was a bit startled to see a small smile edging up Hyakkimaru's thin lips as he pulled my profile closer to his. A mix of different emotions swirled from the pits of my stomach as the image of the raven-haired male's sweet smile kept flashing back to my mind.

I never expected him to make such a face. It was quite a surprise.

Once again, my gaze dropped to our joined hands swaying subtly with each step we take. I would be lying if I didn't feel my heart beat racing for a moment.

Ah. What a pain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

918K 31.2K 42
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค KNY x Gojo reader ๅƒๅ‚ไน‚ โ”€ โ๐“๐‡๐‘๐Ž๐”๐†๐‡ ๐Ž๐”๐“ ๐‡๐„๐€๐•๐„๐ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐„๐€๐‘๐“๐‡..๐ˆ ๐€๐‹๐Ž๐๐„ ๐ˆ'๐€๐Œ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‡๐Ž๐๐Ž๐‘๐„๐ƒ ๐Ž๐๐„....โž โœง โ–ฌโ–ญโ–ฌ โ–ฌโ–ญโ–ฌ...
8.5K 401 14
"Wouldn't it be exciting to just go there and leave this exhausting life of ours ?" "I suppose." "You suppose ?" "How delightful."
126K 4.4K 30
(y/n), a doctor. One of the best in her region actually. She lived a very busy life, going to school, going to science, archery training, and then wo...
3K 126 11
From a young age, it was drilled into (Y/n)'s head that she was going to be a doctor and a physician when she grew up. Generations and generations of...