Born Into Confinement [ON HIA...

By TheSkribent

My name is Matthew. I was born out of war and frustration, from what I've been told. I've always lived in thi... More

Into my mind.
From Family to Family
Camp life
Come
Families. It's complicated...
Attack
Epilogue

The trash cans

8 0 0
By TheSkribent

I had no idea what she was talking about, but I knew she wanted to help me. I've learnt to tell if people are lying or not. She said she's escaped from these before, and I've told her No one escapes from these detention camps. The trash cans take care of that. Anyone who's ever tried to get me out has suffered a slow and painful death. She says she's had too many of those. To many deaths makes no sense. Clarita. Why do I trust that name just as I hear it? Clarita took me down the iron walled hallways, trying to find an escape route. Everything was going fine, until we met one of the trash cans. They tried to kill her, threatening her in their robotic tones. It was over so fast. One second they were attacking us, the next their circuits had been fried. She was so quick, that I think she'd had practise. Maybe she was telling the truth. I must admit, I felt a little weak and stupid next to her. Then, she grabbed my hand, and told me to run. So we did. We ran, and soon, not without a few more attacks, we came to the exit of the endless iron tunnel. There, right outside was a ship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.1K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...