The Bet on Camila (Camren)

By Poets_XXVII_Soul

Lauren Jauregui was the most popular student at Freedmont High. She was class president, head of student coun... More

The Bet
Studying
The Game
Bring it on
Movie night
Just a kiss
Warning
Blissful
Little secret
Birthday Present
Special Moment
The Next Day
Revelations
Last Night
Once a player...Always a player
Somebody New
Trouble
Love
Sequel
Stronger Than Us

Prom Night

4.3K 107 20
By Poets_XXVII_Soul

Early in the morning Camila was awaken by what sounded like a car in the front of her house.

She pushed the comforter off her body and peeked through the blinds at her window.

She saw a lone figure in a dark hoody placing something in the Cabello mailbox. The figure then turned and hopped into a red mustang and drove off quietly.

"Lauren?" the brunette whispered.

Camila quickly threw on some sweatpants and bunny slippers and then crept silently downstairs. She went out to the mailbox and retrieved the one envelope with "Camz" on the front. Then in the same fashion went back to her room.
Camila turned on a light and sat slowly on the bed. She held the envelope in her hand for a moment and let out a breath. She then tore it open and pulled out a piece of paper with a short letter on it, obviously written by Lauren.

Camz,

I know that I'm the last person on earth that you want to hear from right now, but I have to tell you something. And I guess this is the only way right now. From the bottom of my heart...
I am so sorry for what I did to you. You became one of the best people in my life and I ruined it. I just wish you can someday...Forgive me.
I still care for you deeply and I hope you will speak to me also. Hope to see you at prom.

-Lauren

Camila read the letter carefully a few more times and then smiled to herself.

* * * * * *

The energy in the Freedmont high school gym was high. Hyper active teenagers were tearin' up the dance floor left to right. The gymnasium was a sea of colorful fabrics going this way and that.

Camila just walked through the double doors with her date Ariana on her arm. The girl wore an impressive strapless green dress, a silver shiny necklace with earrings to match and her hair was up in a neat bun.

Green were fixed on her the entire time as the brunette looked around the gym. Lauren was standing next to the DJ booth waiting for Lucy to return from the restroom. Her breath caught as soon as she spotted Camila across dance floor. She had to talk to her, but seeing Ariana made her hesitant.

"Hey, Camila? Do you want something to drink."

The brunette smiled politely at Ariana. "Sure."

"Okay," Ariana returned the smile.
"I'll be right back."

Camila's eyes scanned the auditorium and finally landed on two green eyes staring back at her. Lauren had her hair gelled back with a small amount of lipstick on. She was wearing a white collared long sleeved shirt with a black vest.
Wow. The brunette thought.

Camila returned the gaze shyly and saw a glimmer of a smile forming on Lauren's face. This in turn made her blush.

Suddenly, there was a tap on her shoulder. The brunette turned around startled and saw that it was Dinah and her date Siope.

"Hey, Dinah...Siope...how's it going?" the brunette said with a smile.

"Great! Isn't this whole place incredible!" Dinah yelled.

"Yeah...amazing!" the brunette yelled back.

Dinah looked over Camila's shoulder and saw Ariana making her way back. "Here comes your date."

The brunette glanced back and saw her "date" headed towards them.

"Come on Dinah, let's go dance!" Siope insisted tugging Dinah's arm.

"All right...Well, we just wanted to come over and say hi."

"Have a good time guys," Camila replied with a convincing smile.

"You too," Dinah got out before being pulled away.

Ariana walked up and handed the brunette her drink. "Everything okay?"

Camila nodded and took a sip of her drink.

A few moments later Ariana and Camila were dancing. Lauren looked on over her date's shoulder. She couldn't get over how beautiful Camila looked. And she also couldn't get over Ariana putting her grimy hands on Camila whenever the opportunity was right.

"You've been looking over there all night." Lucy said to Lauren as they danced slowly.

Lauren twirled the two of them around and smiled faintly at her date.

"What are you talking about?"

"The girl. Who is she?" Lucy asked with a hint of jealousy.

Lauren shook her head slightly. "Just someone I know."

Lucy smiled slightly and cupped Lauren's face. "Well, I can make you forget about her," Lucy whispered seductively.

Look what you made me do,
I'm with somebody new
Ooh, baby, baby,
I'm dancing with a stranger
Look what you made me do,
I'm with somebody new
Ooh, baby, baby,
I'm dancing with a stranger
Dancing with a stranger

Just at that moment Camila decided to steal another glance at Lauren and to her utter shock the green eyed was in a lip lock with Lucy.

Camila ducked her head. She had to get away from the sight. Camila pulled slightly away from her dance partner and looked into confused eyes.

"Um, Ariana...if you'll excuse me...I...I have to use the restroom."

"Oh...okay sure..." Ariana said in puzzlement.

Camila turned quickly and headed for the restroom.

As soon as Lauren realized Lucy's lips were on hers she pushed the eager girl away.

"What are you doing?" Lauren asked annoyed.

"I'm just trying to help you, baby." Lucy drawled.

The upset brunette burst into the bathroom almost on the verge of tears. How can she just kiss someone right in front of me? Camila took in a deep breath. I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry.

Suddenly a familiar alto voice a few feet behind the brunette,  broke her thoughts.

"Camz?"

Camila turned around slowly and saw Lauren standing before her. She looked down at the floor. She couldn't stand look into the eyes that she adored. Still adored.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with your date?" She said quietly.

"I'm fine here."

There was a slight pause.

"Did you get my letter?" Lauren said softly.

Camila nodded still not looking at Laur.

"Do you forgive me?" Lauren said taking a step forward.

Camila didn't know how to reply to that question. She did forgive Lauren the moment she read the heartfelt note but now she was a little hot tempered about the dark haired kissing another girl. So she just spat out the first thing that came to mind.

"You kissed her..."

Lauren let out a sigh. "I didn't. She kissed me." the basketball player said in a calm voice.

Camila eyes began to tear up. It amazed her how much it hurt to see Lauren with another girl. Still looking down she decided that the last thing she wanted to do was cry in front of Laur.

"I've...I've got to go..." Camila said trying to walk past Lauren, but the green eyed stepped in her path and put her hands on the brunette's shoulders stopping her.

"No...you're not going to run away from me again."

"Laur...please..." the brunette sounded so vulnerable.

"No, look at me..." Lauren whispered.

Sad brown eyes slowly greeted Lauren's misty green ones. She smiled slightly but was troubled by Camila's tearful eyes.

Laur hesitantly cupped the brunette's cheek. "You look so beautiful."

Camila looked into those amazing emerald eyes and was immediately lost. She so much care, compassion and love behind those eyes. She saw the girl she fell in love with.
Lauren moved her face a little closer and the brunette's heart started beating faster. Lauren brushed the tip of her nose with Camila's. This felt familiar and comfortable to both of them.

Something they both missed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 427 11
After spending all of senior year crushing hard on Lauren Jauregui, Camila realizes she's running out of time to tell her how she feels.
909K 21.2K 30
"Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out." - John Wooden Also found on 5hfanfiction on Tumblr. Cover by @jjjaureg...
354K 9.7K 56
I've always lived with my mother and sister. But things happen, lives change... People change. Best ranking: #1 in #laurenjauregui
649K 32.6K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...