The Devil Next Door

By Sian2468

"Go away you stupid asshole!" I said in a firm whisper as I remembered my mum and dad were just in the next r... More

Chapter 1//pencils are for writing, not throwing
Chapter 2//89 likes & 17 comments
Chapter 3//The Revenge Plan
Chapter 4// Big News
Chapter 5// Milkshakes & Chips
Chapter 6// Leaving Home Behind
Chapter 7// Island Party
Chapter 8// Eggs & Bacon
Chapter 9// Guess Who
Chapter 10// Childish Games
Chapter 11// Stalking Secrets
Chapter 12// Boyfriends & Girlfriends
Chapter 13// One Big Mess
Chapter 14// Halloween Special
Chapter 15// Tired Eyes and Whispered Words
Chapter 16// Breaking up
Chapter 18// Park Romantics
Chapter 19// Leaving Takana Island
Chapter 20//She's So Beautuful
Final Authors Note
Sequel Preview

Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing

5.9K 231 145
By Sian2468

Authors Note: Hello Everybody :) how are you all? Thats good, that's good. Hehe so I'm so excited for this chapter. :)

I've been planning it from the start and ugh I'm just so keen to write it. I think I might change between views throughout the chapter just coz I think that will work. But it will most likely be mainly in Emily's view which I'm sorry coz the last chapter was her. Anyway, who cares.

So yeah. Also I've been watching my read count thing and oh my god it just keeps going up and up. :) The thing is though most the reads are on the first chapter then it's pretty much downhill from there and that kind of concerns me. :/ idk.

But so anyway....... please enjoy this chapter. It's a little more upbeat than the last and it should be good. :) bye bye xx.

Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing

Emily P.O.V

I gaze out my bedroom window at the rising sun. Trees poke out from between the houses and birds fly all around. A beautiful morning. I hug my knees to my chest and run my fingers over the soft material of my Minnie Mouse pajama pants.

There is a faint knock at my door and I turn my head slightly to see my mum sanding there. Her eyes smile with her mouth as she approaches me, her messy auburn hair bouncing over her shoulders.

"Good morning honey." She says squatting down beside me. "Are you coming down for breakfast?"

"Yeah in a minute. I'm not that hungry." I sigh, returning my gaze to the morning sun.

"Look Em, I know your upset about how Braxton broke up with you, but you have to move on."

Yeah ok, so I told her he broke it off with me. But hey, it's not like I was going to tell her what really happened, she would flip!

"Yeah I know mum, I'm fine." I smile at her.

I really am fine though. A little traumatized, but fine.

"Ok then. Get dressed and come down." She pats my back softly and leaves.

I do as she says and change into a maxi-skirt and a black tank top. Then I join most of the two families downstairs in the kitchen.

"Good morning." I greet them, heading over to grab a plate of eggs and bacon from the fry pan. "Anyone have plans for today?"

My mum glances at Seb who smiles and turns to me.

"No Emily I don't have any plans. Do you?" he asks suspiciously. I frown.

"Um, no, I don't actually." I reply cautiously.

"Oh I know!" my mum outbursts, making me jump, "Why don't you invite those lovely friends of yours over, you know, Bailey and Claire?"

"Uh sure, sounds good." I fork some bacon into my mouth.

People are weird this morning.

*****

There is a knock at the door downstairs and I wait to hear someone answer it. There is faint chatter that I can't understand followed by footsteps up the stairs.

"There she is." Claire smiles widely from my doorway before running over and jumping on my bed, Bailey right behind her. I sit up and cross my legs on my bed and individually hug them both.

"How are you holdin up Hun?" Bailey asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. A bit rattled by the whole thing but I'm fine." I add a smile. "How about you Claire, with Seb and all?"

"Yep I'm totally good. I mean I was upset, very much so, but if the love wasn't there it wasn't there. Besides I think I like someone else."

"Oooh, please tell." I say intrigued.

"Oh no it's still early stages, but I'll tell you if anything actually starts happening." She tucks her blond hair behind her ear and smiles to herself.

"What about you B? Any romantic interests?" I turn to Bailey.

"No, not for me. After what I've watched you go through, I've decided guys are way too much trouble. I think I'm just gonna stay single thanks." She giggles softly.

"So what have you got planned for us this afternoon Em?" Claire asks brightly.

"I uh, I actually don't have anything planned." I say awkwardly and she laughs.

"I didn't expect you too dummy. Shall we just play some tunes?"

I nod and walk over to my portable speakers that sit upon my set of drawers. I plug in my phone and press play then walk back over and sit down on the bed again with the others.

"So where is Isaac today?" I question to make conversation. They exchange a glance before Bailey replies:

"Oh..... he is.... just hanging around with some mates of his." She shrugs.

Am I missing something here? Why do I get the feeling everyone is up to something?

I nod and then mouth the lyrics to the song that's playing.

"Oh Emily!" Bailey outbursts over the music.

"Uh yes?"

"I have an idea. We should........do each others makeup." She smiles suggestively.

Bailey? Wanting to do each others makeup?

"Um. Bailey are you feeling ok?" Claire puts her hand to Bailey's forehead pretending to check her temperature.

"I'm fine Claire." She says through her teeth, "Why don't we do Emily's makeup first." Then she nudges Claire with her knee.

"Oh yes, good idea." Claire agrees.

Ok this is creeping me out.

*****

"All done!" Exclaims Claire as she steps back to admire her work. I turn to face the mirror.

"Wow." is all I can say. I actually do look really good.

Natural foundation and mascara with sophisticated eye liner top and bottom. Add a bit of lip gloss and my hair done nicely and I could be having tea with the queen.

"So who's next?" I ask.

"Oh no, would u look at the time. We really must be going." Bailey says hugging me.

"What? Really?" I ask confusedly.

"Yeah yeah we both have things to do. We'll see you later, have a nice night." Claire smiles as they leave my room with a wave.

What the heck?!

My mum comes into my room shortly after holding a black hanger bag. She can't stop smiling as she lays it on the bed.

"Sweetie, I need you to put this on. Then do your hair nicely and come downstairs." She orders contently.

"Um, Mum? What's going on?"

"You'll see." She winks. Then leaves my room again. I get up and unzip the bag.

Oh my god.

*****

Seb P.O.V

I pace back and forth near the bottom of the stair case. I shouldn't even be nervous but I am. A hand rests on my shoulder. It's my mum.

"Relax honey." she smiles at me. I smile back and lean against the rail with a small box in my hands.

I hope she likes it.

I hear faint footsteps above me and I quickly turn to stand right at the bottom of the staircase. There she is.

She slowly takes the steps down, smiling straight back at me. Her hair is curled to the side and her makeup subtle yet noticeable. The strapless dress she is wearing is a soft peach color with a simple design at the top. It touches the ground as she steps off the bottom step beside me.

"Seb...... I....." she says.

"You look beautiful." I smile and hand her the small box. She looks down and opens it, sliding the wrist corsage on.

"It's lovely. Thank you." she smiles, reaching her arms up and hugging me.

There is a flash of a camera and we both blink violently.

"Say cheese?!" My mum exclaims, holding up her camera to take another pic. I roll my eyes but smile and put my arm around Emily.

"Ok, now you two have fun." Emily's mum says, brushing off my shoulder.

"Shoo!" She and my mum shove us out the door.

Me and Emily are left in silence outside the front door. So I start walking.

"I hope you don't mind taking a bit of a stroll?" I ask her.

"No that's fine. Where are we going?" she questions.

The sun is slowly setting. The breeze is warm and the chirping of birds fills the trees.

A nice night for a school dance don't you think?

"It'll be worth it, trust me." Is all I give her.

"You look very handsome by the way." She looks away, her cheeks slightly blushing under her makeup.

"Thank you. Although the suit isn't mine, it's Dad's. Surprised it fits me actually." I chuckle.

"Today has been the weirdest day. Everyone acting strange. All for this." she smiles and plays with her dress.

"Well I knew how much you wanted to go with Tori, so I thought, why not have our own school dance?"

"That's sweet of you, which..... is unlike you."

"I know, but I can't ruin everyday of your life. Even if I want to." I wink at her as we reach the end of a dirt road.

I lead Emily into the scrub, holding back branches for her as we go. We begin to climb upwards, and I start to regret choosing this spot.

The regret is gone though when we reach the opening. I smile at my masterpiece.

Fairy lights hang through trees like vines around the outside. There is a large checkered rug in the centre of the rock with small paper lanterns scattered all about to light up the ground. A small picnic basket and some portable speakers sat to the side near a tree.

"Sebastian Cooper. What have you done." Emily laughed, A single tear escaping the corner of her eye. She jumps and flings her arms around me, hugging me tighter than she ever has. "Thank you so much. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."

"It's fine really. No big deal. Isaac did give me a hand setting up." We pulled back and sauntered over to stand at the edge of the rock. The view from up here looked amazing tonight.

"Our mums were in on it too, along with Bailey and Claire." I continued, "But it was my idea."

"So basically everyone knew but me." Emily giggled, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"So, you hungry?" I ask. She nods her head and I go to get the picnic basket while she sits down. "I brought Spaghetti Bolognese and some of the finest fizzy drinks." I say stupidly, pulling out a bottle of coke and plastic containers of food.

She stares at me with a faint smile and I wonder what she is thinking.

"Yes?" I curiously ask.

"Oh nothing. But you've changed since we've been on this island."

"What, I'm nicer?" I chuckle.

"Well, yeah, but.... in other ways as well." She smiles before taking a sip of coke from her plastic cup.

"Well I hope it's a good change." I open a container and pass it to her along with a fork.

"Bon-appetite." We 'ting' our forks together and start eating.

*****

Emily P.O.V

He stands up while I'm still laughing and walks over to some portable speakers near a tree.

"You ready?" Seb smirks. I nod eagerly.

He presses play.

No. Fricken. Way.

"Sebastian. How did you...... remember?"

"I listen more than you think." he walks over to me and holds out his hand, his brown eyes sparkling. "May I have this dance Emily Fields."

I take his hand warily and stand up, following him over to the large blanket. He puts his hands on my hips as I hang mine over his shoulders.

"I can't believe you remembered that Boom Clap by Charli XCX is my favorite song." I say.

"You were listening to it on the plane over here. I know it's not the best dancing music but.......I've got it on repeat." he smiles.

"I honestly can't believe you. What's made you so nice?!" I chuckle as we sway to the music.

"Just this whole experience I guess," he answers unexpectedly. "Claire. Braxton, and.......you."

"Me?"

"You know, you're not so bad." he grins.

"Oh really? So does this make us no longer family fr-enemies?" I smile widely and rest my head against his chest as we continue to dance under the moonlight.

"Well I guess so, depends what you think of me?"

"I think you've changed. For the better. And you're definitely less annoying." I confirm.

"Great." He replies.

"Good."

"Ok."

"Fine."

"Emily?" he asks.

"Yes?"

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

And my heart stops.

--------------------------

A/N- I'm really sorry about that I wasn't even planning on ending it like that but now I like it. Hehe >:) Seb has made his move, now what will Emily do? Bye bye :P xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
178K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...
10.9K 477 26
"Will you kiss me, Sebastian?" "What?" He asked, a look of confusion yet eagerness on his perfectly freckled face. "Will you kis...
3.1K 97 11
He's been off since theater. Not saying much. "Seb, what's wrong?" I ask gently. "There's something I think I need to tell you," he answers meekly. I...