Illusion: Destiny Awaits (In...

By LivinFaith

Two girls, two Soul Animals, and one magical, mysterious world. Christi and Sabrina have been best friends... More

Authors' Note
Prologue
1 - Sabrina
1 - Christi
2 - Sabrina
2 - Christi
3 - Sabrina
3 - Christi
4 - Sabrina
4 - Christi
5 - Sabrina
5 - Christi
6 - Sabrina
6 - Christi
7 - Sabrina
7 - Christi
8 - Sabrina
8 - Christi
9 - Sabrina
9 - Christi
10 - Sabrina
10 - Christi
11 - Sabrina
11 - Christi
12 - Christi
13 - Sabrina
13 - Christi
14 - Sabrina
14 - Christi
15 - Sabrina
15 - Christi
16 - Sabrina
16 - Christi
17 - Sabrina
17 - Christi
18 - Sabrina
18 - Christi
19 - Sabrina
19 - Christi
20 - Sabrina
20 - Christi
21 - Sabrina
21 - Christi
Mini Epilogue - After the Battle

12 - Sabrina

0 0 0
By LivinFaith

Today is Adelaide's birthday party. Yay? I'm not really sure what to expect, and definitely not sure why she invited me. I mean, Christi, I can understand that she might invite her, because she doesn't hate her like she hates me, but really. Why me? It's all very confusing. Maybe because she knew that Christi wouldn't go without having a friend go too, but why did she invite Christi in the first place? She's basically already invited the entire grade, so what's it to her that we go? Who knows. Well, obviously not me.

I gaze down at the revoltingly pink invitation, trying to find a hidden meaning or something. Nothing. Just a lot of pink, and glitter. The girl needs to tone down on the glitter! I mean, it's like she dumped half the container on one card! I can barely even read the words. Although I suppose that might be because it's pink lettering on pink.

Christi had to go home, after learning the very alarming news about Katy, I can only imagine what she's going through right now. I lost Kai, but if Jago went into a coma, I would lose it. Even if I act like I don't, I really do love my brother.

I pick up my phone, and finger the pale yellow case. I turn it on, type my passcode, and just stare at that screen. This destroyed Christi. This here, it delivered the news, that ripped her apart.

I open my texts. Search for Christi's name. Right here, right at the top. In bold lettering: Christi!!!. I click on it, and begin to type.

Me: Hey Christi. I just want to say that I'm sorry. Sorry for what happened with Katy, sorry that Skifter and you aren't as close. Sorry that you are in this mess. But I just want to let you know, that I'll be right here for you, and that I'm your best friend, and that means that whatever you are going through, I'm going through right beside you. Wow, that is the longest text I have ever sent. Or sending. Or... ya know what? I'm gonna shut up now.

Christi: Thanks Sabrina, that means a lot 😊

Me: Hey, anytime.😊 So, any thoughts about the b-day party?😕🎉

Christi: 😕Not really. It's all so confusing! Why would she invite us anyways?

Me: Yeah! So, when does it start? Also, where exactly is it?

Christi: 🙄😄It says on the invite!

Me: But its so hard to read! I mean, pink on pink? I can't read that! Only Adelaide...🙄

Christi: *it's

Me: 🤷Same difference. But really, do you know when? Or where? Or why?

Christi: I can answer two of those. It's at 3, and at her house. Also, bring a bathing suit, it's a pool party!🏊

Me: Alrighty, will do,👌 thanks!

Christi: Anytime!👍

So it's a pool party. I glance at my stupid boot. So I go downstairs, and ask my mom if I can take it off, just for the party.

"Just this time though!" she reminds me, as I happily climb back upstairs. I check the time. Oh, shoot! It's 2:40! Oh gosh! Okay, okay, swimsuit, goggles, present...

I stop in my tracks. Oh darn. Darn, darn, darn. I FORGOT A PRESENT!!! Okay, um...

"MOM!" I shout hurriedly down the stairs.

"What honey?" she calls back.

"Did you get a present for the birthday party?" I yell.

"As a matter of fact, I did!" she informs me. I sigh in immense relief.

"Where is it?"

"On the kitchen table. Hurry!" she says. I rush and quickly change into my swimsuit, and shove some normal clothing on top. "Okay, let's go!" I say, kicking off my boot, rushing out the door, and I throw the car door open. Mom follows, and soon, we are off.

"So, it's a pool party. It must be pretty exciting for you!" Mom says, trying to get me pumped up, for a birthday party for a girl that I have been a nemesis to for four years. Good try, Mom.

"Yeah, sure," I say, not really in the mood to talk. I need to ponder things over. With Lupo, and Skifter, and Zaraho. So much stuff! Ugh. Lupo hasn't even really told me who Zaroho is yet. And does Adelaide have a motive? If so, what? It's all so very confusing.

"Here we are!" Mom exclaims falsely happy voice. Yay? As much as I love swimming, this is not my idea of absolute fun. Plus, I've never really been a party person, and I'm pretty sure that she invited at least half the grade so...

We approach the dreaded door of doom.

"Sabrina..." Mom warns. Oops, must have said that out loud.

"Fine fine, I just... don't really like her that much. That's all." I sigh. She frowns, but leans forward and rings the doorbell. It sounds inside. A woman, who is dressed very posh, opens the door.

"Hello hello! You must be Sabrina! I am Jacqueline!" She exclaims. She's wearing a bright red dress, with high heels, and a lot of makeup. Yup, this is Adelaide's mom. She holds out her hand, and I take it. Her flowery perfume clouds around me, and I try to stifle a cough. It smells so artificial, that it's practically like one of those energy bars, that are supposed to taste like chocolate mint, but really taste so fake it's hard to find the chocolate and mint. Like that, except in smell.

"Come in, come in!" She invites, sweeping her hand in gesture. I give an 'I told you so' look to my mom, and step inside.

I practically gasp at what's inside. It's huge. Lavish curtains and rugs line the room, and the furniture matches so perfectly, it looks like it took a few years to find the correct pattern! The coffee table has a glass top with a marble bowl of assorted candies. The whole thing screams; 'I'm rich, and I like everyone to know because I'm stuck up!'

"My, this is a lovely place!" Mom exclaims. I nod.

"Lovely," I echo. Mom glares.

"Now, Sabrina, behave yourself." I sigh.

"Yeah, fine." I grump. She gives me another warning glance, and turns back to Jacqueline.

"Where should we set the present?" she asks.

"Actually, the party is fully outside, why don't I show you? Adelaide is still showing some other guests," she offers.

"Sure! That would be wonderful!" Mom exclaims. So she brings us outside. As we pass through the kitchen I notice something that seems kinda odd. The fridge has pictures that Adelaide's little sister, Cicele drew. Like, little kid scribbles. Huh. Maybe they do have heart after all.

"Here we are!" Jacqueline chirps. We stop and I gaze around at my surroundings. Again, very lavish. A large crystal pool stands before us, the water shimmering in the sunlight. About eight lounge chairs are spread out around the pool, along with three tables. And then of course, an actual yard, with swings and a trampoline as well. Jealousy bubbles up inside me. She has all this?! That's so not fair.

Suddenly, my phone beeps. It's a text. From Christi.

Christi: Saaaaaaaaave meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!😩 I'm stuck with Adelaide!!!!!!!!! My nightmare! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Me: I'm coming! I'm coming! Just wait!

Christi: Wait?! WAIT!? You expect me to WAIT?!

Me: Uuuuh...yeah.

Christi: Fine. Just...hurry!

I turn off my phone at a nudge from mom.

"Umm, is Christi here yet?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yes! She is just on a little tour with Adelaide!" She informs me.

"Can I go find her?" I ask both of them.

"Sure! I don't see why not!" Jacqueline says. My mom nods, and returns to talking with Jacqueline. I hurry off to find poor Christi. Stuck with Adelaide. That's like the worst thing that could happen! Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating, but still. It's pretty awful!

"Christi!" I call out, as loud as I dare. I don't want to sound desperate or anything. Or like, needy orI'm gonna shut up now, and focus on finding her. Thinking these absolutely weird thoughts is not going to help.

I round a corner, to find Christi and Adelaide by a koi pond. It looks as if Adelaide is talking Christi's ear off, with stupid words.

"Oh, hi Sabrina!" Christi greets, mouthing, 'what took you so long?' after. I shrug.

"Hi," I say.

"Oh! Sabrina!" Adelaide turns around. Her voice. It's weirdly cheerful. And fake-sounding.

"Uh, hi," I respond. The three of us just stand there, like three fish out of water.

"So! Um, who else is invited?" I ask, breaking through the ice.

"Well, basically the entire grade. Including, Marissa, Ava, Charlotte, Britteny..." She goes off about how many people she invited. Christi sends a look, that's screaming: What did you DO?!?! Again, I shrug, not knowing what else to do.

"Oh, and Alexies," Adelaide finishes.

"When does the party start?" Christi asks, a bit impatient to get this over with.

"Uuh, at four. In four minutes," She says, checking her watch. So we all hurry to the front door. Though Christi and I are not in that much of a hurry, let me tell you. Soon, guests start pouring into the household. And it really does look like over half the grade. After almost everybody has arrived, and a loud chatter has erupted, (kind of like at the lunchroom) Adelaide and her mom address everyone.

"Hello and welcome everyone!" Jacqueline shouts above the noise. They do all this boring speech stuff, yak, yak, yak. Just get it over with!

But now, finally, we are free. I immediately go for the pool, because you know, swimming. Christi sticks with me, because we don't know a lot of people, because Lani and Garcia are lucky enough to be busy. Oddly enough, most people aren't swimming. Wackos. It's a pool party! And swimming is amazing! The nice cool water rushing past you, seeing the edge of the pool, and turning back, andyeah, you get the point.

"What should we do?" I ask Christi, who is currently rummaging through her pool bag, trying to find her purple goggles. She shrugs.

"I dunno. How about get out of here?" She suggests grumpily.

"Good one. But no. Plus, aren't you a bit curious about what Adelaide is doing? I mean really, why would she invite us?" I reply, swishing my legs in the pool impatiently. She shrugs again, and finally extracts her goggles.

"Aha! Found them!" She exclaims triumphantly.

"Great! Let's swim," I say, about to plunge in.

"Wait!! Our necklaces!" Christi stops me. Oh right. They can't get wet! So we both tuck them safely away in our bags, and start a game of two-way Marco Polo. It's as fun as it gets, going to a party of your nemesis. Plus, I get to swim. That's a bonus!

"Marco!" I shout, my eyes tightly closed. I hear a faint 'Polo!' to the left, and lunge that way.

"Got you!" I announce, as my hand brushes her arm.

"Let's rest for a bit," Christi suggests. I nod, even though we were in the pool for like two seconds. Why not? Plus, then we can get snacks! Oh so yummy snacks. Like pretzels. Love pretzels. And Cheetos. Cheetos are good too. So we hop out, and dry ourselves off. I sit back and watch everyone, scattered across Adelaide's yard.

"Sabrina!" Christi calls, interrupting my peace coma. There's panic in her voice.

"What?" I hurry over.

"Our necklaces..."

"What about them? Did something happen?" I ask, impulsive.

"Yes... Sabrina... they're gone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 1.8K 29
"Let's go for a party." They said. "It'll be fun." They said. Well my best friends were so wrong. So very very wrong... My world literally turned u...
312K 9.5K 35
I dipped into ice cold water. A man yelled questions at me, questions I did not know. Still, he persisted.... I drowned... At least I had hoped I d...
28.6M 1.1M 56
[Completed] Elysia's life is turned upside-down when she's abducted by supernatural creatures with demonic eyes and threatening fangs. What's worse i...
868 308 22
Brandy is kidnapped by the terrifying ghost queen from her grandfather's fairytales. Now it's up to Bailey a boy who thought he was too old for fairy...