EchoStorm Liberation

By Ken---E

EchoStorm recreates modern day realism into a stunning sci-fi structure. The plot centralizes on Vincent Krey... More

EchoStorm Liberation
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Shifting Sides
Chapter 2 - Settling In
Chapter 3 - Ditch
Chapter 5 - Catacombs
Chapter 6 - Osmund
Deleted Scene: Aftermath Dream Sequence
EchoStorm Timeline (Incomplete)

Chapter 4 - Tyrant

15 1 0
By Ken---E

Krey was lying down on the mud and dirt, his ears felt like it was bleeding badly, it hurts. He tried to rub it off fortunately there was no blood to be found, he was deaf for the moment though as the missile blast shook his ear drums. The rest of his body was urging with pain after falling off the bell tower. And then he remembered his companion Izzy.

"Iz?! " he yelled, his head look everywhere, left to right and vice versa. He later realized that the old man was old cold and lying in the ground. Vincent quickly tried to recover balance and stood up with a shaking feet.

"Hey, hey, hey!" he taps Izzy's face, he awakened for as for Vincent's relief.

"You alright?" as the aged man opened his eyes

"Just a minor concussion, no real harm done!" he tried to be persistent. He was assisted by Vincent to stand up from the ground and try to take cover as Peacekeeper patrols could be snooping about the blast zone and the tower.

"C'mon!" he offered his shoulders to Izzy and then took off somewhere safer.

Moments later they finally managed to lay low, atleast gave them a time to catch their breath. He lay Izzy down on a rock, and both of them were tired.

"We need to contact Glen and Sam!" said Krey

"Try this, hope it's not busted" he handed his ear phone radio comms. Krey tried tuning it but receiving nothing but static is all he can get. He kept on tuning the thing until he finally got some real output heard from it.

"That's it!" he rejoiced

"Sam? Glen? Glen, its Krey!" as the communication get a bit clearer.

"Krey? You're alive? What about Izzy?"

"Izzy and I are safe, where the hell are you guys?"

"We're hauled up on the old cathedral, and I think we're safe, atleast for now."

"Alright, now what are we going to do? Plans screwed..." Glen didn't respond for bit, the communication signals are getting a bit choppy.

Glen took a deep sigh on the radio

"Even the best laid plan doesn't seem to work anymore does it? Well, we're not going home empty handed. I want you two to check the goods while they're busy hunting us down on the cathedral, we should atleast know what's the deal's all about, probably rigged it to explode or something. When you're done, I've already mark an extraction point for you two. Imma gonna upload the trucks location and your extraction point on your radar. Good Luck..."

"Alright, what about you guys? Are you going to be ok?"

"Don't worry, the cathedral has a hidden catacombs used to evacuate civilians during the pre liberty era. Hopefully we could get around it."

"See you on other side Glen." As he turned the radio off.

He tried to rub off the dirt on his face.

"What's the plan?" asked Izzy

"We investigate the truck-" Vincent was jump down on his throat.

"What? I thought the situation is FUBAR? Glen is sending us to fetch this package?"

"Hey, I just follow damn orders. I don't like this as much as you do but right now we have the advantage this time. Those bastards think we are dead and there are good chances we could easily sneak around the trucks, just need to take a peak around the good and we'll bail out. Besides, they move the package elsewhere, somewhere much secluded."

"Didn't we had the advantage earlier! We've got jacked up by a helicopter remind you!"  And so Izzy continue to rant leaving Vincent to respond a sigh and then looks at him, looking bruised up and tired.

"Fine, we do this and we go home. Help me up." Said Izzy as Vincent immediately assisted him to stand. They immediately took off and followed the location of the package.

The two did a bit more walking here and there until they reached a vantage point, hillside cliff no less.

They were sneaking about on the bushes, trying to reduce as much as noise as possible. There, they saw the truck already along with a gang of those who manhandled the vehicle and Cyprus and his pair of meatbags. The ones who are to deliver them the package were already looking terrified and wanted to bail out, both of them knew this, so what was Cyprus trying to say. He was trying to convince them to stay until the deal is done, for whatever reason he had, that's the only thing that they didn't know. Cyprus and his goons left leaving about 3 to 5 ordinary Peacekeeper thugs to provide protection for the truck.

"Do we have a plan?" asked Krey

"Well, prefer not getting shot this time. So probably go around them, whack 'em, then see what's the load."

"Alright, are you sure you're up to this, chief?"

"Yeah, being old doesn't mean I can't kill, right?" and so they decided to sneak around the place, the truck was big and the load was twice as is. They only had to assume they it was worth something. After all, Cyprus seems desperate about it.

Down they went the hills, sliding from the rocky yet grassy slopes. They tried to minimize the noise on getting down. Upon hitting the soil, they quickly split up to circle the patrolling guards. Krey, took cover from the bushes as one of the unlucky chap tried to take a pee. Vincent ridiculously and quickly pops up from his hiding bush and made a surprise sucker punch at the soldier's face, knocking him dead cold on the ground.

"Seriously?!" he couldn't help to raise his voice and whine. He immediately hid the unconscious body around the bushes. Krey took off after this, trying to lay low on a prone position as he moves around the area. There was another man, standing idly near the back of the truck, Vincent silently approached him and within an instant, he snaps his neck, killing him. He heard a conversation nearing towards him, and then he heard some efforts and struggles, he tried to peek in, he saw both of them just been knocked out by Izzy, old bastard still got the moves.

"Didn't know you could do that!" remarks Krey then scratches his head

"What can I say I'm not that senile, boy."

"I think that's the last of them, atleast for now. We oughta check out the load of the truck."

Izzy nods affirmation

They took off immediately and the back load was shuttered in metal door, locked by head size pad lock.

"You still have the tools?"

Izzy took out a portable slicer gun, then started heating the iron lock  it was thick but no metal could with stand the gun, within few minutes, they're through. Both of them tried to lift the iron door upwards. They saw complete darkness, engulfed the area, going by the smell; the place reek on old machine oil and rust.

Izzy took out his flashlight. Click it on as they were so surprised to see.

"What the heck..."

It was a tank engine part of somesort, Vincent has really no way of telling but Izzy, he knew it was something big, something important.

"Is this what you're expecting? Chief?" asked Krey

"No... but this is way better than I was hoping for!" he immediately grabbed out his radio and tried to contact Glen.

"Hey, Glen-" he was immediately interrupted as the exact moment he responded on the radio

"Iz? You're all alright?" a concern tone from Glen

"Yeah, yeah, we're fine. Listen, remember that time I told you about the Tyrant?" Izzy scratches his beard.

"Of course; you said it was missing an important part on its engine." Curious of Glen

"Guess what. That missing part is the cargo that the Peacekeeper wanted so badly."

Glen paused a bit, he couldn't believed what he is hearing, Krey didn't knew what they were both talking about he oughta listen further as he looks Izzy with a questionable face.

"Do we know who's trading them this sort of hardware?" asked Glen

"Not really, but there definitely not SIRtech."

"So, Cyprus been double sided all this time?"

"Who knows...All we know that this is the last part they needed to get the old tankzilla movin', by the looks of it the hardware is as invaluable and expensive as the other part. Suggest we destroy this thing!" Izzy upped his voice on the radio

"Or we could track this cargo back to the Tyrant itself. Izzy, do you still have a tracer bug?" Glen suggested

"I like your plan better. But won't that raise suspicion from the other Peacekeepers who would try to recover the package, we just did beat some of them down and we just fried the locks you know." said Izzy

"Then let them believe so, besides, I thought you made those tracers with confidence?"

"That's the thing, I've never done a live testing on these rascals! But I don't think there's harm on trying."

"Do it! I'll contact an extraction chopper near on your location. Be sure to head there once your done setting that thing on the part."

By the end of the conversation, Izzy look at Krey.

"You have a plan?" Krey asked

"We set the tracer on the cargo. We could track the whole package later."

"If you say so, chief"

Krey didn't argue, he let Izzy did his trick. As he took out a tiny gizmo, bug like machine. He approached the huge onyx engine like part, there were several open angles within the engine itself, he tried reaching to the lowest part of the engine, then pushes a significant button; the device tick twice and then he drops it on the below.

"That's it let's get outta here." Said Izzy

By then they knew they should be gone, with not a moment pass. They lowered the cargo door, with the lock broken, there is really nothing they could do about that so for the Peacekeeper knocked out cold.

With a set coordinates of extraction, they immediately moved away from the truck leaving a scathed convoy on their wake.

Krey remain silent the entire time, with a lot of questions going on his head;

'What exactly is a Tyrant?'

'What was the onyx engine for?'

'Who was dealing with the Peacekeeper other than SIRtech? Was Cyprus always been double sided?'

All of these questions have to wait, Krey knew this wasn't a great time to ask question. As they reached the said extraction, one of the rebel men waved his arms. They were going home, and for what's it worth, well, both of them knew it was something bigger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 206 61
Here lie my thoughts in this book, why don't you stop and take a look. While you read the secrets written there, try to ignore the silent screams no...
70.6K 2.9K 44
When you've been hurt, it's difficult to learn to love again. When you've felt pain, it's not so easy to be joyful. When your heart has been broken...
488 16 33
Once upon a time, there was a young boy who experienced constant pain. The only person who truly stayed by his side was Kallie, his sister. She was h...
123 59 25
The world was peaceful for a long time and it was maintained that way because of one sacrifice of a large family. Harmony was prevalent, and peace se...