A bride for Prince Loki

By Lokis-queen26

Odin has announced that Prince Loki is to hold a contest to find a suitable wife, before his 2,000 year birth... More

Announcement
Planning the Contest
Midgard maidens
Welcome to Asgard
Unexpected first meeting
Task 1 of the Contest
Free time
A Possible Friendship
Loki's Secret Garden
Singing competition Event 2
Fighting Competition (event 10)
Sigyn's elimination
Pranking Thor
The Proposal
Mayhem On Midgard
The Avenger's Mistake
A/N
Pranks lead to revenge
Back to Asgard
Odin's change of heart?

A Ball Before The Contest

830 30 15
By Lokis-queen26

Your hair with (f/c) gems and flowers

Your dress style with corset in (f/c)

Natasha's hairstyle and dress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a long and tiring two weeks as the palace staff worked tirelessly to get ready for the contest. Each maiden invited would have their own rooms and seamstress to design the outfits for each event or Activity the prince had planned for them.

"Ugh, I can't breathe" (Y/n) complained as the maids tightened the corset of your dress. Knowing that each of the other contestants would opt to wear the Prince's colors of green and gold to try and gain favor, you were determined to be unique.

"I'm very sorry Lady (Y/n), but a proper maiden must be able to look the part of a royal bride," your handmaid Anastasia said softly. Once she had finished, you turned to look in the mirror and gasped.

You were dressed in a deep silky smooth (F/c) dress that fanned out around the ground at your feet. The corset was black with pearls sewn into intricate designs; the sleeves were made of lace, allowing your (s/t) to peek through. It hung slightly off the shoulders.

"I look like a princess" you smile brightly, holding back tears of joy at how beautiful the dress looked, and it hugged your curves perfectly.

"The prince would have to be a fool not to notice you at the ball milady" Anastasia smiled back before helping you to the vanity to apply your makeup and fix your hair.

Anastasia was putting the last pin in place as your hair was braided and then wrapped around a bun that sat atop your head before adding (F/c) gems and flowers to the design.

There was a knock at the door, "enter," you softly called out. Natasha walked in wearing a slimming green, and black dress; it looked like the kind of dress Pepper would wear to one of Tony's galas.

"Omg (Y/n), you're gorgeous!" She exclaimed, looking at you from head to toe smiling happily."

You blushed slightly, "thanks, Nat, you look amazing as well."

As you both admired each other, a guard soon appeared to escort you both to the Ball. Nervously you linked your arm with Nat's for comfort as you were never comfortable with large crowds. 'Breathe, just breathe, (Y/n),' you repeated to yourself trying to calm your rising anxiety, glancing at Nat she was more controlled and gave you a small reassuring smile.

Once at the ballroom entrance, each of the other maids turned to see who was next to arrive. You saw everyone glance and stare at you, some whispered, some looked away, and one woman simply glared. You looked at her, raising an eyebrow silently. You would remember her; she seemed like trouble.

Soon you heard Odin announce for the doors to open.

"Now ladies, each one of you will enter one at a time; your name and realm will be announced. You will bow to the All-father and the royal family. Once each of you has been introduced, the ball will begin, and Prince Loki will dance with each of you. You may talk amongst the guests, but under no circumstances are you allowed to dance with anyone outside the royal family," the head maid explained. Everyone nodded in understanding.

The doors swung open. A man started announcing everyone. "Lady Angrboða Of Jotunheim." A beautiful Jotun with long dark hair. She, of course, is wearing a green, black and gold dress. She steps forward and walks through the door. "Lady Jörð Of Jotunheim." Another Jotun with shorter black hair walks in. "Lady Sigyn Of Vanaheim." The most beautiful woman you had ever seen walks into the ballroom. She had long blonde hair, fair skin, ruby red lips, blue eyes, and a perfect little nose. "Lady Asoar Of Svartalfheim." She looked like a typical dark elf. Grayish skin, silver hair, and pointed ears. "Lady Zidka Of Svartalfheim." She looked similar to Lady Asoar. "Lady Dracora of Muspellhiem." She had an illusion on so you could not see her true form. She had red hair and red irises. "Lady Freyja Of Asgard." She was as beautiful as Sigyn. You could not believe it. She had short brunette hair, dark skin, brown eyes, and a larger nose.

"Lady (Y/n) Of Midgard." Finally, you were announced. You walked through the doors. You bowed to Odin. You felt Loki's eyes rake over you. You bowed to Frigga and Thor. You bowed to Loki. He took your hand in his and bowed over it, kissing it on his way up.

Natasha is announced. She bows to Odin, Frigga, and Thor. She bows to Loki. He bows back, kissing her hand on the way up just as he did with every other maiden.

Once each maiden bowed to the royal family Odin stood up to make an announcement before the ball would officially begin.

"I would like to thank each maiden for attending this competition. The events chosen may be tiresome and rough, but I hope each of you puts up a good effort" he smiled to the guests, "let the ball begin."

As soon as Odin assumed his throne once more, music and chatter began to fill the room

Loki walked over to Jörð, asking her for the first dance. Smiling sweetly at each other, he leads her to the middle of the dance floor. You watched the raven-haired prince as he guided the Jotunn around the dance floor.

"My my, Lady (Y/n), you look stunning" Thor's voice boomed behind you, causing you to jump slightly. You turned and smiled at your friend.

"Thank you, your Highness, and might I say you look handsome as well" you bowed slightly, trying to be formal as many of the guests didn't know you were an Avenger and knew their crowned prince personally.

Thor smiled and gave you a soft hug. "Lady (Y/n), we are friends, no need to be so formal." He chuckled as you hugged him back. Glancing over at Loki to see he had now started to dance with Natasha, you giggled when you saw her sneak a shocking disk onto his right shoulder when he twisted her around. Her face was empty of emotions, yet you had noticed the anger in her eyes.

As you and Thor chatted, he introduced you to Lady Sif and the warriors three (Hogun, Volstagg, and Fandral); they invited both you and Nat to train with them when you had free time. Both of you agreed; you looked around, noticing Odin smiling and followed his gaze.

'Oh great, Odin has seemed to have chosen his favorite maiden.' You thought not realizing you had a look of longing in your eyes.

Natasha seems to have realized your expression as she stealthily activated the small device causing Loki to collapse in pain. Watching the scene, you both had to stifle your laughter.

Soon Frigga walked over to Loki and found the device on his shoulder using magic to shut it down. Natasha calmly excused herself to get a drink hiding the remote in Sigyn's pocket as she leaned over Loki looking concerned.

"Who dares attack the Prince? " Frigga spoke loud and rather forcefully.

Loki simply looked at his mother, whispering in her ear. Shortly after, the music started once more. You turned back to talk to one of the guests, telling them about Midgard when you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"Excuse me, miss," a velvety smooth voice spoke from behind you.

Turning, you looked into beautiful, emerald green eyes. Loki now stood in front of you.

"May I have the honor of this dance?" He asked politely though his eyes, showing disgust at having to dance with a mortal.

You bowed slightly "it would be my pleasure, Prince Loki" you smiled softly, accepting his outstretched hand.

Slowly he leads you to the dance floor as a soft waltz played. He placed one hand on the small of your back while his left hand held your right. Slowly he drifted around the dance floor, twirling you now and then; you smiled your eyes, never leaving him as if under a spell.

"Lady (Y/n), you look quite ravishing this evening, so different from the last time I saw you," Loki commented as the two of you danced, "you look h-handsome as well," you softly replied.

He chuckled, "though I am curious, all the other maidens are wearing green dresses, yet you choose (f/c) colored dress. Why?" Loki asked, genuinely wanting to know.

"Well, Prince Loki, I choose (f/c) colored dress to stand out from the crowd. As being a shield agent and an avenger, I never get to show my individuality. This contest is about you getting to know us personally, right?" You asked as you explained. He nodded slightly, "well, I am determined to be myself during this competition."

Soon after the music ended as well as the dance, you excused yourself to find Natasha to inform her you would be heading back to your room. She nodded and wished you a good night. You felt your mind spinning, trying to cope with the 180 spins with Loki's emotions. Just weeks before the ball, he treated you as if you were a maid; tonight, he treated you like a princess. You did not know it yet, but you wanted to know more about this mysterious, handsome, and sometimes brooding prince. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Loki By AuthorA97

Fanfiction

92 8 17
(Morgan is 198)(Darcy is dead)(Lilac is 8) Lady Freyja tells Loki there is only person that can help him reach his goals. If she knows her well enoug...
286 42 30
Queen Frigga, feeling a little concerned about her son's romantic future, sets up another potential wife for him. Unfortunately, things don't go as p...
139K 3.5K 36
Tony's ex wife, Diana Blodgett, is hired by Tony to work closely with Bruce Banner to see what the tesseract is capable of. But during that time Loki...
2.8M 99K 65
As Lienna came of age for marriage, so did the princes she had long forgotten about. And then, in the dark of night, guards and nobles came to take h...