Reid My Mind

Door ninawritesfic

Maya is a new member of the BAU, who just might be falling for one very smart, very cute, triple PhD profiler... Meer

1. O Positive
2. Chess
3. Rereading (fluff)
4. Walter (fluff)
5. Backup
6. Up All Night
7. Sex Dream
8. Crossword
9. SoCal (jealousy)
10. Take a Message (jealousy)
11. Obvious (jealousy)
12. My Type
13. Fine (angst)
14. Cherry Jello
16. Blood Pressure
17. Criminal
18. Sleeves Rolled Up
19. Finally (smut)
20. Pancakes
21. Cold as Ice (smut, fluff)
22. Mackie
23. Hands (smut)
24. Casual
25. Aiko
26. Falling Into You
27. Ghostbusters (fluff)
28. Last Time
29. Knew Her
30. Missing Link
31. Taken (angst)
32. On the Wall
33. Day Three
34. One Call
35. Hotch, It's Her (angst)
A/N
36. Hold On
37. Last Breath
38. What I Want
39. Epilogue (fluff)
~ Please Read ~

15. Cookies (fluff)

43.8K 1K 506
Door ninawritesfic

luck pusher - FINNEAS

Me: Did you make it home safe?
Reid: Yep. Morgan drove like there was an egg shell sculpture in the truck

I giggled. Morgan always took good care of Reid.

Reid: What about you?
Me: I'm good. Just deciding what you make for dinner
Reid: Me too. Getting stitches makes me crave chocolate chip cookies
Me: I don't know if that qualifies as dinner
Reid: True. But the heart wants what it wants

I hesitated. What the hell does that mean? I thought.

Me: I'm stopping by the Thai place. Want me to bring you some soup?
Reid: Yes please! Do they have chocolate chip cookies?
Me: I'd hazard to say no. Maybe I'll have to bake some at your house
Reid: Don't get my hopes up
Me: Send me your address

I arrive half an hour later to his apartment, precariously balancing containers of soup. Reid beckoned me inside. His apartment was beautiful, minimal with vintage details. As I walked in he freed me of the soup burden and gestured that I sit down at the island of counter top in his kitchen, where three bar stools sat in a row. I complied.

"I like your apartment," I said. On the expansive white walls hung modern art of vastly different styles. Behind me and the kitchen was a couch accompanied by a coffee table piled high with journals, newspapers, and science magazines.

"Sorry, it's a bit off a mess," Reid said, following my gaze to the overcrowded coffee table.

"You should see mine," I replied, then, realizing the potential flirtatious interpretation of those words, clarified "It's much worse than this. This is nice." He smiled.

"So... soup?" he asked after I didn't say anything else. Honestly, I had kinda of forgotten about it.

"Oh yeah! I got you chicken noodle. That's what sick people eat, right?"

"I not sick," Reid corrected.

"Well they didn't have a soup specifically for people who got shot in the leg so you'll have to make do," I replied. He laughed and grabbed the soup containers.

"You eat that, I'll get started on the cookies." Reid perked up like a dog who had just smelled bacon. Then he shock his head.

"Eat first. It'll get cold." I made a noise of resistance but Reid grabbed my arm and pulled me over and onto the dark grey couch.
Suddenly I was hyper aware of everything. How I was dressed (black jeans and a t-shirt), how I was sitting (knees together, ankles crossed), how close I was to Reid (a foot, maybe). There was music playing faintly.

"Are you coming back to work Monday?" I asked.

"Yeah." He pried the lid off of his soup.

"I just realized this is the first time we've hung out outside of work or the team," he mentioned casually.

"True," I said, blowing on my spoon to cool my soup.

"We spend so much time together and I don't know anything about you." I paused.

"I feel like we know the important things. Who we are." He gave me a half smile fished a piece of chicken out of his soup with the spoon.

"This is really good," he said.

"Yeah, it's this place on 3rd Street, just opened a month ago."

"What's it called?"

"I don't know. The sign's in Mandarin. Should ask Prentiss." He nodded.

"Do you remember that time a suspect admitted to having meth in his car because he assumed none of us spoke Spanish?"

~~~~~

Ten minutes later, I was laughing so hard I almost cried. We had finished our soup and I threw out the containers.

"Please tell me you have flour," I said. Reid ran his hand through his hair, thinking.

"I think so. Check the cabinet above the microwave." I did. There is was.

"I can't reach that," I groaned.

"I'll get it," he said. He moved to get up from the couple.

"Don't move, Hiccup," I instructed.

"What did you just call me?"

"Hiccup, like from How to Train Your Dragon. He only has one leg."

"What's How to Train Your Dragon?"

"It's a movie. About dragons"—he raised an eyebrow— "Everyone's heard of it."

"If you say so. Why is he named Hiccup?"

"I don't remember. The point is, I made an
excellent topical reference and you should stay sitting."

I contemplated the flour, far out of my reach. Then, with resolve, I clambered you do that my knees where on the countertop. I stretched an arm out and grabbed the bag. As I brought it down, the weight tipped me off balance and I had to hold the cabinet. Much to my surprise, as I grabbed the cabinet I felt two hands on my waist. Gently, they steadied me. I felt my blood warm.

"Don't fall," Reid said.

"I wasn't going to!" I looked at him over my shoulder. He gave me a look to which I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"I told you not to stand up! You'll hurt your leg," I censured.

"I told you not to endanger yourself in my kitchen." He removed this hands and bit his lip. I almost whined at the loss of contact.

"No you didn't!"

"It was implied."

"At least take this. Carefully," I said, handing him the flour, "If you bust your stitches Hotch will kill me."

~~~~~

"Spencer!" I protested for the sixth time. I batted his spoon away with a whisk. He had reached over from behind me toward the mixing bowl. In his efforts, he accidentally pushed me forward into the grey granite counter top. He didn't seem to notice, so I tried to shoo the dirty thoughts from my mind.

"There won't be any left for the cookies," I warned. He pouted like a puppy and took a step back.

"Ok, fine. Hey, what do you think that is?" he asked, pointing at something to my left. As soon as I turned, he grabbed the opportunity to scoop up some cookie dough. I spun back around and caught him red handed.

"This is your fault," he posited before I could say anything, "You're too good at making cookies. You should have made gross cookie dough. Then we wouldn't be in this situation." I tried to look angry but I couldn't. He was too cute like that, tousled hair, spoon in mouth.

"Just don't come crying to me when you get salmonella," I laughed.

"Worth it."

I looked at Reid, and all of the sudden I felt certain that I wouldn't be getting over him anytime soon.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

76.2K 2K 58
Dr Spencer Reid is temporarily teaching at Harvard University. But after a series of chance encounters he find himself drawn to a special someone...
79.2K 1.8K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...
197K 4.9K 35
After running into a certain doctor in the office, Y/n falls hard and fast for Spender Reid. Fate seems to want them to be apart, however. Can their...
46.7K 890 34
The reader, the new member of the BAU becomes friends quickly with her new team. A friend from their past enters the readers life again, but what wil...