Midnight Cherry | H.S.

بواسطة fruitystyles_

!THIS BOOK IS BEING LEFT UNCOMPLETED! Please see the author's note at the end of chapter 23 for more info. M... المزيد

Warning
Chapter 1 🍒
Chapter 2 🍒
Chapter 3 🍒
Chapter 4 🍒
Chapter 5 🍒
Chapter 6 🍒
Chapter 7 🍒
Chapter 9 🍒
Chapter 10 🍒
Chapter 11 🍒
Chapter 12 🍒
Chapter 13 🍒
Chapter 14 🍒
Chapter 15 🍒
Chapter 16 🍒
Chapter 17 🍒
Chapter 18 🍒
Chapter 19 🍒
Chapter 20 🍒
Author's Note
* Chapter 21 🍒 *
Chapter 22 🍒
Chapter 23 🍒

Chapter 8 🍒

3.1K 55 56
بواسطة fruitystyles_

It's been a couple days, I'm still at Lana's. We've had the same shifts this week, which is helpful. Most of our nights have been binging on ice cream and Netflix.

I know it's unlikely and I don't even know why, but I've been lowkey hoping for a call or even just a text from Harry. But no, nothing. He hasn't even been to the cafe. What would I say if he did? Anything? Would he say something? I feel like maybe Lana would say something.

It's almost like as quick as he came in my life, he left. I wouldn't even mind as much if he didn't ask me to stay with him a couple hours previous to him telling me to leave. He also didn't have to be so aggressive with it, I was just trying to see what was wrong. I hope he's okay.

Should I call him? Would he even answer?

Voicemail.

One more try? It rings, and rings, and rings. When I'm sure there would be no answer and about to terminate the call, it's picked up.

"Harry?"

Silence.

"Harry, are you there?"

Call ended.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, does he want to talk to me? I can't get it out my head that he's going through something terrible with nobody to be there for him. Well, he knows plenty of people so he probably does have someone, right?

Fuck it.

I'm going to see him.

HARRY'S POV

Sat in my office room, I hear the buzz from my intercom. Checking the camera, I see Wolfe. I buzz him in, he already knows where to come and as much as I don't like him, he's a man of business and I can trust him in this situation.

I swill the glass of scotch in my hand before taking a small sip as he enters the room, closing the door behind him. I gesture for him to sit on the opposite side of the desk. He's quite a fair bit older than me but always told me I was mature for my age, that I knew the business better than I should.

"Styles." He nods his head as he takes a seat. "Wolfe." I nod in response and place the other glass of scotch in front of him. He takes it happily and has a small taste.

*3 years ago*

"You're fucking kidding me right?" He stands in the middle of the dark room, being illuminated by flashes of red and blue outside the window.

"Shit, shit, shit" I say and run my hands through my hair, it looks like I ratted but it wasn't me, fuck it was probably Liam - I knew we should've left him off the job.

"YOU! THIS WAS YOU WASN'T IT?" He screams at me, he's accusing me of being a rat and that's pissed me off. He knows I'm not like that. I take my business very seriously and a rat is the last thing I'd be compared to.

"Fuck off, you know it's not me, would I be here if it was me?" I respond, we're speaking fast now because it'll be seconds before the police burst in here. Now I have my connections but it might be a little difficult to get out of a situation where you're caught with 50 kilos of crack cocaine.

We can't wait any longer, we both take off in separate directions. I get away, barely, but good old Louis is sat waiting in the getaway. We wait a for a minute to see any sign of him but he's nowhere to be seen. He doesn't trust us now, I mean fuck I don't trust any of them either now, who knows who ratted, but my business with these guys will be cut off now; I'm still using them for my getaway.

*

"So, it's just a rumour that he's back or he's been seen?" I ask, cutting straight to the point. "A couple of my guys have seen him around, we're not sure exactly what his plan is" we don't make any eye contact.

"You're keeping track of his whereabouts I assume?" I ask, it's an obvious answer but I've gotta make sure if I'm forming an alliance with Wolfe that he's doing things professionally.

"Of course, we've not got much but we've got a good start, we think we know where he's staying and it seems like he's not working at the moment" Wolfe replies.

"So any suspicions?" I take another sip. "About...?" He drags out the end of the word, inferring for me to expand. "About why he's back" my hand going through my hair for the hundredth time today.

"Well, we heard his name was given specifically to the police, so he had to sort things before he came back, we don't think he plans on staying - our suspicions are he's here for me and you" Wolfe's eyes finally meet mine.

"He still thinks I'm a rat?" I laugh bitterly. Wolfe shrugs as he gulps the last of his drink. We start discussing more details, he starts sketching out the plan he's began with his guys. I'm glad he didn't bring them, I barely do alliances as it is, especially with these guys who I cut off three years ago.

We're beginning to get into the finer details of our next move when I hear a buzz from my intercom. I swear if Wolfe invited one of those twats I might have to strangle him.

"You're expecting someone?" Wolfe looks up from our work on the desk. I don't say anything, I'm sure my silence is enough for him to realise I wasn't.

"Fucking hell she's a damn fine looking one ain't she? Look at that - you sure she's not one of yours?" Wolfe chuckles. I look up at the screen displaying the cameras and my blood instantly boils when I realise Melanie is the woman he's talking about. How dare he talk like that about her?

More importantly, what the fuck is she doing here. I may be doing business with Wolfe, but he can't know that there's any connection between me and Mel - nobody can know, I'm not taking any risks in him finding out now he's back, Wolfe might even be a rat for him; that's not like Wolfe though.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I answer the intercom as if I had no idea who it was. That hurts. "Harry?" Her voice desperate. "Who am I speaking to?" I'm biting back any emotion in my voice, Wolfe doesn't show any suspicion. "It's Melanie" she replies with a little more hope in her voice, she's probably happy to actually hear me talking and isn't aware I'm acting as if I don't know her. "Sorry, I don't know a Melanie, what are you doing at my property" watching her face drop on the camera tore my heart in pieces, I can't even imagine how it felt for her to hear those words.

It's for the best Styles, keep it together, she'll be more hurt if you let her in this mess.

"She looks like a good time, come on Styles let her up" Wolfe has a playful smirk on his face. Oh hell no. "No we've got work to do" I gesture to the piles of paper in front on us that carefully outline our plan so far.

"Do you know her Styles?" He's getting suspicious, fuck. "Of course not, I've never seen her in my life" I force myself to make eye contact to convince him with confidence. "Then invite her up" his playful smirk still resting on his face.

Fuck.

"Come on in" I buzz her in and head out the office to the door to greet our new guest. As soon as she opens the door and steps in, I grab her wrist and pull her close, my mouth against her ear.

"Don't give him any unnecessary attention, don't ignore him completely, go along with what I say and I swear to god if you act like you know me you could be good for dead so watch it" I spit lowly. My choice of words and tone may have been slightly harsh but this isn't a game, rather be over the top than underprepared.

She looked confused, she looked scared. Scared of me. I let my tight grip of her wrist go and give her pleading eyes alongside my stern face. "I'll explain later" I whisper, she nods. Of course I'm not going to explain most of it, but I have to at least tell her she can't be seen with me anymore.

We head back up to the office, Wolfe had poured three more glasses of scotch, one for him, one for me and I guess one for Mel. She won't want it so I'm not worried.

I walk over to my seat and sit down, gesturing at a seat next to mine for Mel. "It's alright, she can sit here, can't you sweetheart?" Wolfe pats his lap. Haha fuck no. "I'm sure the lady wants a comfortable seat Wolfe" I say nonchalantly, currently keeping my cool, for now. She doesn't say anything, but to my delight she sits in the seat, not on his lap.

The way Wolfe's eyes are raking up and down her body slowly makes me want to reach over this desk and slam my fist against his jaw, but that might be slightly obvious so I take a few deep breaths and a swig of scotch.

At least he had the sense to put away all the papers, it's good to know he's not a complete imbecile in that sense. He wasn't taking no for an answer though. "Oh sweetheart, come on I don't bite" he pats his lap again, "...unless you want me to" His voice is a little more assertive this time and I can tell it worries her slightly. I just stare down at the glass in my hands, I don't say a word. "Come on" he repeats, already getting impatient.

She stands slowly and walks over to him. I can't bear to look. She sits on his knee and he pulls her back fully onto his lap. He may be a good businessman but he's a dirty man too. "See? No harm done" he smiles smugly, as I watch him push himself up against her, his hand inching up her thigh. He leans his face forward, about to leech onto her neck and that's the furthest I'll let it go, she looks about ready to burst into tears at how uncomfortable she is.

I walk around the desk, drag her off his lap and into a tight hug. "Fuck off Wolfe!" I yell, the relief washes over her face as I bring my arms around her. He looks confused. "Styles?"

"I said FUCK OFF!" I shout so loud that it echoes round the room, a vein prominent in my neck and physically I had heated up. Wolfe doesn't hesitate in grabbing his stuff and making a swift exit. He mumbles something incoherent as he leaves. I'm sure he knew that if he stayed he'd get hurt, I know it's partly my fault for acting as if Melanie was nothing to me, but he shouldn't treat any woman like that anyway.

Tears started to fall down her face, I was still mad; not just at Wolfe but at Melanie for coming back in the first place. Again, my fault but still, she should've stayed away.

"You shouldn't have come back" I try to keep my voice calm, I hate the thought of being something that terrifies her. "I- I couldn't" she covers her face with her hands. What does she mean she couldn't?

"I'm involved in some serious business Mel, and something really fucked up has happened, it's not safe for you to be around me but now fucking Wolfe knows you and-" she cuts me off, I was rambling. "You swear a lot you know" she sniffs, I pass her over a box of tissues - I'm not having any snotty sounds filling the room. She's still crying, but she seems a lot calmer now.

"This is serious shit Mel, swearing is the least of our problems right now" I snap. "Our problems?" She looks confused, she doesn't even realised that now Wolfe knows I'm protective over her, she's involved. I'm going to try and keep her as little involved as possible, but either way she's mixed up in this. Let's just hope Wolfe doesn't let slip that I actually give a fuck about someone.

"Yes our problems. Depending on Wolfe, you have the chance of being in serious danger" I try to explain calmly without needing to dive into the details. "Why? What's so dangerous, please tell me what's going on?" Of course she's a nosy one.

Keep it light on the details Styles.

"There's someone looking for me, someone who I used to work with, used to be friends with." It makes me feel sick saying the word friends, but it's true, me and him were definitely the closest out of Wolfe's guys. "They're still incredibly bitter about the way our last job went, he will take anything I care or love and tear it to shreds, just to get to me" I hope she understands what I'm trying to say.

"You don't want him to use me to hurt you" she says softly, her voice barely above a whisper, raspy from her crying. I nod, and don't say anything else. She wraps her tiny frame around me, her arms gripping me tight. What is she doing? I've essentially hinted to her she could die and she's... comforting me?

"What are you doing?" I question, why isn't she running far away like everyone else in my life? My drunk excuse of a dad left when I was only young, my mother wanted nothing to do with me from sixteen and I'm an only child. I don't know any other relatives, I'm alone. I have connections, yeah, but there's a difference between caring for people and just knowing people. It's a simpler life though, nobody cares for me and I care for nobody - no complications.

Except that doesn't work anymore, because I find myself falling further and further for this girl. It's so unusual, this feeling; like there's a rope around my heart that's being pulled as tight as it could possibly go.

She looks up at me, straight in the eye "I'm not going anywhere Harry, I promise" she states, it's the first time I've heard her so confident, so assertive. Not the time, but honestly it's so hot. When she's tried to sound like this before, it's simply made me laugh at her attempt but you can tell how serious she is this time.

I hold the eye contact with her. She's looking at me as if she's trying to figure me out, she wants to understand me; unfortunately for her, she never will.

After what feels like hours, but was really probably ten seconds at most, my hand cups her cheek and I lean down to her to attach my lips to hers. She doesn't hesitate to kiss me back, allowing my tongue instant entrance. Although, the kiss is still slow and gentle, it feels amazing.

After a few seconds, we speed up and the kiss becomes a lot needier, a lot greedier. Her arms reach up and wrap around my neck, pulling me down closer to her, I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her forwards. I slide my arms down to the back of her thighs and I tap them, hinting at her to jump up. She gets the message and does, her legs wrap around my waist.

It's not enough, I need more. I need to feel her, I need to show her how she makes me feel, but it's not the time. This will have to do for now. I walk backwards until the back of my knees make contact with my chair and I fall back into the seat, keeping Melanie around my waist. We only break away for a brief moment for air before we both attack each other's lips again.

My hands find their way to her waist and squeeze slightly, causing a gentle moan to fall from her lips against my mouth. I use this opportunity to leave the kiss and trail my way down to her neck. I nip at her neck with her panting in my ear and letting out such cute, little, soft noises. I suck over where my old mark had began to fade and the redness rushes back. "Harry..." she breathes out, damn was that sexy.

"Say it again" I say, just as breathlessly. She repeats herself a little clearer and in less of a whisper. I pull away from her neck, her lips just as red and swollen as my own, mine slightly more though. We make eye contact and smile, she bites her lip, sending me crazy. There's no doubt she could feel me hard against her, I think that's what her smile was for.

She pushes her weight down slightly, oh she definitely knows what she's done to me. "I need to go shower" I say. "Wait, don't go yet" she responds as she rests her head on my shoulder and places her arms around me. We just sit there for a moment, her body resting lightly against mine.

I only wait a short while longer before pressing a kiss to her forehead and standing up with her still attached to me. I laugh a little as she clings on like a koala bear. I carry her over to the sofa and sit her down, "I won't be long love" I smile as I hand her the TV remote. She's gone back to her little shy self, not that I mind because she's just so adorable. I head over to my room and prepare to get in the shower.

MELANIE'S POV

It's only been about ten minutes since he left for his shower and I'm bored. There's nothing good on the TV and all that was running through my mind was the event that just occurred between Harry and I.

I've been in relationships before, I've kissed boys, I've done other things, but never have I felt the rush that I got from kissing Harry. This time or the first time. There's just so much passion, but how? We barely know each other, there's just such a natural connection.

I can't explain it. I don't even understand it.

Being as it's been more than ten minutes now, I decide to go to his room and see if he was out the shower yet. Well I assume the room I saw him go in earlier when he said he was going for a shower was his room.

I was correct. I push open the door and see a gorgeous bedroom with a large king size bed and decorated in blue, black and grey. I walk in, being the nosy person I am, and start snooping around. Not like rummaging through his things, just looking at what he had on his desk and stuff.

There wasn't much and he was a very tidy person because there wasn't any mess and nothing seemed out of place. He didn't seem to have much stuff.

I can hear the shower running, but when my ears tune in, that's not the only thing I can hear.

My stomach flips and ties itself in about a thousand knots when I hear low whispered moans of my name, alongside many profanities.

"Oh Melanie... ah fuck" he calls out and I'm frozen on the spot as seconds later I hear the shower turn off. I begin to make my way to the door when I hear the bathroom door open and Harry exits, "Melanie?" He says in a slightly shocked tone.

Oh lord.

I turn around and see Harry stood with just a towel around his waist. He has a smug smirk, of course even if a situation like this he wouldn't be embarrassed and I would be.

He walks over to me as the temperature in my face rises, indicating to me that I'm bright red. He places a hand under my chin and tilts my head up to look at him, "Sorry about that love" he chuckles, "Did you hear anything?"

*A/N*

Helloooooo, hope you enjoyed this steamy chapter 🖐🏼😗

Is Melanie gonna stick around? Is she gonna run for the hills or keep her promise?

We'll find out next tiiiiiime!
I feel like the answer is pretty obvious though.

Love you Fruities ❤️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

572K 35K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
535K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...