Poor Boy [Tanjiro x Reader]

By justanotherwriter703

Centuries ago a hashira believed the only way to cleanse the world of the demon menace was to harness their a... More

๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 1 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 2 ๐ŸŒธ
Note:
Poll: New Oc
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 3 ๐ŸŒธ
Note: Chapter 3&4
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 4 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 5 ๐ŸŒธ
Poll: Uniform [Closed]
Poll Results
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 6 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 7 ๐ŸŒธ
Note: Chapter 8
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 8 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 9 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 11 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 12 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 13 ๐ŸŒธ
Note: Contacting me
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 14 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 15 ๐ŸŒธ
Note:Submit Your fanfics
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 16 ๐ŸŒธ
Update schedule + Ideas
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 17 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 18 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 19 ๐ŸŒธ
Oแ‘• แ‘ญOแ’ชแ’ช 2
Note: Chapter 20 & memes
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 20 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 21 ๐ŸŒธ
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 22 ๐ŸŒธ
Katera Jenkins (Barker)
๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 23 ๐ŸŒธ
Update: the future of this book
Continuing the story?
๐ŸŒธ Chapter 24 ๐ŸŒธ
Comments: Red Flags ๐Ÿšฉ
๐ŸŒธChapter 25๐ŸŒธ

๐ŸŒธ ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ 10 ๐ŸŒธ

11.8K 484 1.2K
By justanotherwriter703

Tanjiro perched himself on the front porch of his masters hut admiring the (h/c) girl from a distance a wistful smile on his face, he watched her flip through pages of the novel she held firmly in her grasp he noted how her eyes would light up, the way her cheeks flushed and her mouth would fall open as she read through the pages of the romance novel, "if you keep staring it might get creepy," a familiar voice said derailing his train of thought he perked up meeting a pair of dark raven eyes "am I being obvious?" Tanjiro mumbled shyly poking his fingers together.

"You're as transparent as glass," Koji replied leaning against the door frame arms crossed over his chest a half-grin spreading across his face, "love is a hard emotion to miss on someone's face," Tanjiro opened his mouth to respond when a tall figure appeared carrying luggage on his back chimes jingling in the wind, "my name is haganezuka," the masked man introduced himself,

"I have forged your swords." he said lowering the luggage off his back dropping it on the porch "and I'm here to deliver them," he gestured to the luggage laying on the porch, "these are the nichirin swords I have forged." The burgundy boy looked at the man, a sheepish look on his face, he tilted his head.

"Please come in so I can serve you some tea." He asked politely gesturing for the man to step inside the hut, "The materials for a nichirin sword." he responded boastfully staring off into the distance Tanjiro smiled awkwardly listening to the eccentric ramblings of the swordsmith, "Can be obtained from the mountain closest to the sun, scarlet crimson iron sand, and scarlet crimson ore, these produce steel that can absorb sunlight." (y/n) let out an exasperated sigh tapping her fingers against the novel she had been previously absorbed in impatiently, "wow is that so?" He humoured the swordsmith.

"Mt. Yoko is bathed in sunlight all day long, never a cloud in the sky nor rain." He continued to explain the burgundy haired boy listened patiently, "you're going to get dirty so could you get up for a second." He asked the sword-smith politely,

The man turned around revealing his kabuki clown mask, "a clown mask!?" Tanjiro exclaimed in a stunned voice, his jaw-dropping in surprise, "Hey you're a child of brightness aren't you!" haganezuka blurted out leaning in closer his eyes studying the burgundy haired boy from under his clown mask,

"Now that's what I call lucky." He held a hand up brushing his comment off dismissively "Oh no, I am the son of Tanjuro and Kie" he corrected nonchalantly, "that's not what I meant." haganezuka replied, tapping his finger against the boy's forehead gently.

"See how your hair and eyes are a reddish colour? When a kid like you is born into a family that works with fire, it's considered lucky and a cause for celebration." He explained jabbing his finger into the boy's soft cheek roughly "is that right? I had no idea." Tanjiro muttered trying to pull away,

He turned his attention to the pair of lotus dancers that lurked quietly in the doorway of the hut, "It has been more than a decade since I crafted a sword for one of the famous lotus dancers," he said giddily smirking under his mask, "It is an honour to serve Lady Himari." He bowed respectfully, "there's a good chance one of these swords will turn red, right urokodaki," he said calling into the hut with a Cheshire like grin hidden beneath his kabuki mask.

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

"Come on, hurry up and draw it." haganezuka urged the eldest kamado sibling impatiently moving his arms in wave-like motions eagerly bouncing in his seat, "Nichirin swords are also known as colour changing swords." He explained the three exchanged curious glances as they held their respective blades in their hands, "they change colour depending on the bearer." Tanjiro was the first to unmask his sword he watched in awe as the steel turned a dark shade.

"black!" haganezuka exclaimed in an exasperated tone pounding his fists in the air, "it's black huh?" Urokodaki muttered quietly under his mask thoughtfully "is it bad or something if it turns black!?" He  panicked looking between the two older men desperate for an explanation "is it unlucky?" The lotus dancers exchanged worried glances silently watching the exchange, "no, not necessarily." Urokodaki replied in a dull tone "but you don't see this pitch-black too often."

"and I was so hoping I'd get to see a bright red sword, dammit!" haganezuka frustrated screams filled the hut, he launched himself at the burgundy haired boy pinning him to the floor effortlessly "ouch stop!" Tanjiro cried out pleadingly thrashing around in his grasp, "please calm down! How old do you think you are!?" He begged, "I'm thirty-seven!" the swordsmith exclaimed, tightening his grasp around the boy.

Urokodaki cleared his throat "I believe young Koji and (y/n) are waiting." haganezuka paused, releasing the boy from his clutches freeing the boy Koji slowly unveiled his carefully crafted sword watching it turn a light shade of pink, "very good." Urokodaki hummed approvingly.

They turned to (y/n) patiently waiting for her to showcase her sword the young girl studied the blade carefully, the guard was shaped into a lotus flower a butterfly charm dangled freely from the hilt of the sword, she inhaled taking in a deep breath carefully unsheathing her sword, she paused holding the blade in her delicate hands they watched in awe as  the metal turned a beautiful shade of white.

"I haven't seen this in a long time." haganezuka whispered speculatively scratching his chin, Urokodaki nodded his head in agreement studying the blade she held in her delicate hands "not since her grandmother this, is a good sign,"
Urokodaki muttered barely above a whisper.

A crow unexpectedly flew through an open window in the hut perching itself on the ground, "Koji Himari, Tanjiro Kamado, (y/n) (l/n), here are your orders! Make your way to a town to the northwest!" the crow announced flapping its wings impatiently, a familiar ball of feathers sat on the (h/c) haired girls shoulder "young girls have been vanishing there!" The bird explained.

The three young swordsmen exchanged a determined look this was their first assignment, (y/n) stomach churned as she grew nervous this wouldn't be anything like training or the trials she felt a warm hand squeeze hers Tanjiro offered her a reassuring smile, "It's time for you to put on your uniforms," urokodaki instructed eyeing the trio.

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

(Y/n) ran her thumb along the hem of the luxurious fabric of the Haori carefully sliding the Haori over her shoulders, "You look beautiful," a quiet voice spoke tanjiro admired her from the doorway a look of adoration on his face as he studying every detail as she tied up her ballet shoes Lady Himari had shipped from the west,

The corners of her lips curled into a warm smile as she pulled him closer adjusting his collar "You look handsome," she replied in a giddy voice, the boy reached into his pocked picking up a ring he was preparing to present his mother's engagement ring when a raspy voice made a coughing sound interrupting the two.

"Tanjiro," Urokodaki mumbled as he slid the door open "I was hoping to have a talk." The two young adults exchanged a confused glance (y/n) quietly excused herself, making her exit "is something wrong?" Tanjiro asked brows furrowed in confusion "Since you'll be travelling with miss (y/n) I thought we should talk about...protection," the corners of his lips curled into a warm smile and his face lit up.

"I have my sword." Urokodaki let out an exasperated sigh staring at the ground with a bugged expression shifting uncomfortably as he eyed the boy "I think we need to have a talk about sex." Tanjiros face flushed as he glanced up at his master, "we're only 15!"

He replied bashfully waving his hands exaggeratedly "15 is a very mature age." Tanjiro bowed, hiding his red face swallowing the lump in his throat. "With all due respect, I plan to wait until we are married when we consummate our marriage." Urokodaki nodded his head in approval "even so I insist we have this talk..."

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

Next update:
Australian Date: 15th/Mar/2020
U.S.A Date: Mar/14th/2020
U.K. Date: Mar/13th/2020

Note: for those who have been wondering I unfortunately ate some bad food on my birthday, I have been ill since my birthday dinner 😅

I'm sorry for the late update, I'm still feeling the effect of the stomach flu but I wanted to try and update I'm open to honesty. I'm not confident in my writing in this chapter but I didn't want to make everyone wait any longer, if you think the chapter needs a rewrite let me know because I'm a little sceptical about my ability to write while I'm sick.

This Chapters Shout Outs Go to!!

@star_b_fly12
@OGCiel
@imeasily_annoyed
@Arte_Moon
@Burritscold
@NishiOyaOya
@MissneonKst
@lookbehindu
@SophiaCaldarella
@Huerenat
@Jotaroslover
@Sharafloofy

A special thanks to @MissneomKst for suggesting some great ideas I'm excited to write in to the next few chapters, I'll try to release two chapters to try and make up for my absence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 2.6K 12
She was bright, cheerful, kind. Patient and understanding. Those were the traits that got everybody loved about her. But little did they knew, the se...
180 12 7
Hello and welcome! โš ๏ธ I do not own any of the demon slayer characters nor its plot. โš ๏ธ What would happen if instead of Tanjiro being the main protag...
6.6K 136 18
Another demon slayer fanfiction. [Kamado Tanjiro ร— Fem! Demon reader] "Sสœแด‡'s ษชษดแด…แด‡แด‡แด… แด˜แดแดกแด‡ส€า“แดœสŸ ส™แดœแด› I า“แด‡แด€ส€ แดษดแด„แด‡ สœแด‡ส€ สแดแดœษดษขแด‡ส€ sษชส™สŸษชษดษข ษชs ษขแดษดแด‡, แด›สœแด‡ส€แด‡ แดกษชสŸสŸ...
67.1K 1K 28
Y/n L/n is a half human half demon and chooses to use his power to help the demon slayer corps on his journey he met a young man named Tanjiro Kamado...