Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

61

5.1K 136 12
By AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"Well Balto." I say as I lazily pet my dog while checking my texts. "Looks like it's just you and me this New years...Stupid Kelley."

Viv: FYI Daan is very mad at you.

Me: Why?

Viv: You told her you were spending Christmas and New Years with your Mom.

Me: I'll call her and explain

Once I've finished texting Viv I call my girlfriend.

"Before you yell at me let me explain." I say when Daan picks up.

"Talk."

"The day after I told you my plans for Christmas my Mom called me and told me her girlfriend surprised her with a trip for Christmas so she went with her."

"You could've told me that Audrey." Daan says. "My parents would've loved to have you been with us."

"I didn't wanna intrude." I mumble. "Frankly I'm not really a fan of Christmas."

"Why?"

"When I was younger my Mom struggled to afford Christmas, but all I really wanted was her and I to spend time together so I told her that when I was 4. Every year after that Mom would do her best to get the things I put on my Christmas list and after we opened presents her and I would spend the whole day together unplugged from the world." I say then Balto licks my face. "I hated seeing my Mom so stressed because of me."

Suddenly there's a knock on my door which causes Balto to bolt towards it.

"Babe their's someone at my door so I gotta go."

"Alright I'll be home in a few days." Daan says.

"I love you Daniëlle."

"I love you Audrey." My girlfriend says then we hang up.

I then get off the couch and head to the door. Once at the door I open it and come face to face with my Mom, her girlfriend, Preath, and Krashlyn.

"Hi?" I say as Ash walks into my place.

"Hi Munchkin." Ash says and hugs me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as I'm carried to the living room.

Once in the living room Ash sets me down then Balto sits at my feet.

"Well Tobin and I have our annual Grassroots Soccer Gala here in London so we thought we'd stop by." Christen says.

"Ash and I are meeting with an adoption agency here." Ali says.

"We just wanted to surprise you." Kelley says then she opens her arms for a hug.

"I HATE YOU." I shout.

"Woah." Mom says then she wraps me in her arms while I look at Kelley.

"You lied to me." I say and try not to cry.

"About what?" Kelley asks

"You promised you wouldn't take my Mom away from me."

"I didn't take her away from you." Kelley says. "What are you talking about?"

"For the past 22 years Mom and I have spent Christmas together cuddled up next to a fire, but guess where she fucking was this year?"

"With me." Kelley mumbles.

"Exactly...and I was all alone on Christmas." I say then I take a deep breath. "You promised me you wouldn't change my Mom Kelley and you lied."

I wiggle out of Mom's grasp, walk down the hall with Balto, enter my room, close my door, take off my shirt, then lay on the bed.

A few minutes later I hear my bedroom door open then it closes again. A few moments later the bed dips on both sides of me.

"Sweetie." Christen says as she sits down near me.

"She lied to me." I say then I sit up.

"We know." Ali says.

"Where'd they go?" I ask.

"They went for a drive." Tobin says. "Pretty sure your Mom's gonna give Kelley and earful."

"I didn't even know they were thinking about getting married." I said.

"Kelley didn't ask you for permission to marry your Mom?" Ash questions.

"Nope." I say. "All I was told by mom was that Kelley surprised her with a trip for Christmas and that she wouldn't be able to come spend Christmas with me.

"Well that sucks......and is a bit messed up." Ash says and I nod

"Did you get new tattoos Rugrat?" Christen asks.

I'm guessing she asked to get me to not focus on Kelley.

"Yeah, I've gotten six new one's since I saw you last." I say.

"What's the back one mean?" Ali asks while pointing to my back tattoo.

"Everyone's always doubt me because of who my Mom is, but I continuously show them I'm good too." I say.

"This one looks like it took forever." Ash says as she pokes my right upper arm tattoo.

"It took two days to do." I say.

"Why a pirate woman?" Ash asks.

"I had to testify on Skype at my kidnappers new trial which screwed with my head so I decided to go get my pain out with a tattoo so I went while the team was up in Manchester." I say. "The pirate came from a couple of the girls suggesting me things and I liked this one and the one I got on my left arm the best."

"So you got this at the same time you got your pirate woman?" Christen asks and points at my left upper arm tattoo.

"Yeah." I say then I lift my arms.

"Those are pretty." Ali says as she and Christen touch my two ribcage tattoo's.

"I got these two after a hard day of rehabbing my ankle." I say and point at my ribcage tattoo's.

"So that's why you asked the national team group chat which design to choose." Christen says.

"Yeah." I say. "I liked all three of the one's I sent to you guys, but I couldn't decide."

"I like these more on your body than on the phone." Tobin says.

"Me too." I say then I motion to the tattoo in-between my boobs. "I had another rough day so Daan picked this one out then we went and got it done.

"It's pretty." Ali says.

"How many tattoo's do you have now?" Christen asks then I start counting my tattoo's in my head.

1. Mom's name on the inside of my left wrist

2. Mom and I's last name on the inside of my right wrist

3. A lion on right forearm

4. Three roses on left forearm

5. Dreamcatcher behind my right ear

6. Olympic Rings on Collarbone

7. Quote tattoo on back

8. Pirate woman on right Upper arm

9. Tiger and flower on left upper arm

10. Rose on left ribcage

11. Flower pattern on right rib cage

12. Rose in-between boobs.

"12." I say. "I'm probably gonna stop at 14 so if you have any suggestions then I'm all ears."

Suddenly my phone rings so I answer it.

"Hello?"

"I know you don't want to hear my voice, but you need to listen." Kelley says.

"Okay?"

"Your Mom is in the hospital."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY MOM'S IN THE HOSPITAL?" I shout down the phone.

Kelley tells me where my mom is then I hang up and put on my shirt.

"Kelley is really digging herself a hole." Ash says then she sighs.

"Which hospital?" Christen asks.

"St Mary's Hospital." I say as I clip Balto's lead to his collar.

After Balto is clipped into his lead, all of us grab our things then we leave my home and head down to my car. Once at the car, we get in then I drive to the hospital.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the hospital so I park in the closest parking garage then we walk to the hospital.

"I'm gonna kill Kelley." I mumble as we walk into the hospital.

"Hi how can I help you?" Some receptionist says.

"My Mom Hope Solo was just brought in here." I say then show my ID.

"Fourth floor room 432."

I nod then the 5 of us and Balto head up to my Mom's room. When we get to the room i see Kelley holding my Mom's hand and it takes everything not to smack the shit outta her.

"What happened Kelley?" Ash asks as I stand by my Mother's side.

"We went for a drive to talk and we got in a fight then we got in an accident."

Balto whine's causing me to sigh then I pick him up.

"I know buddy." I say and scratch his head.

Balto paws at my Mom so I set him down on the bed then I watch as my dog lays on my Mom's chest.

"Kelley go home." I say then I look at the red head.

"What?"

"Go home." I repeat. "I don't care where you go, but you aren't welcome here."

"I'm her fiancée." Kelley says. "I can be here if I want."

"No you can't." I say. "I am the only biological family she has in this room and as of right now Kelley you are nothing but a teammate of mine. So either leave peacefully or I will drag you out."

Kelley looks at me in shock for a while then Krashlyn and Preath lead her out of the room. When Kelley is out of the room I climb onto the hospital bed, cuddle with my Mom and Balto, then I rest my eyes.

"She hates me." I hear Kelley say.

"Kelley you promised you wouldn't change who her mom is and you still did it." Ash says.

"You knew they always spend Christmas together and yet you still decided to take Hope on a trip." Ali says.

"You're lucky she didn't smack you." Tobin says. "Hell you're lucky I don't smack you."

"You didn't even ask Audrey for permission to marry her Mom." Christen says then she sigh's. "Kelley you know how much Audrey needs her Mom and the fact is you are changing her."

"I didn't mean too." Kelley says

"We know that and Audrey knows that." Ash says.

"It's okay babygirl." Mom says and wraps her arms around me.

"MAMA." I shout and look up at my Mom. "You're awake."

"I have been for awhile." Mom says then she kisses my head. "Audrey?"

"Yeah?" 

"I'm very sorry I didn't take your feelings into account for my Christmas plans."

"Well it's not like you could've told Kelley no." I say. "She kinda just packed your bags then you two left."

"I know."

"Kelley lied to me." I mumble.

"I know she did." Mom says.

"She's taking you away from me."

"Audrey nobody can take you away from me." Mom says then she kisses my head. "No matter what I'm always gonna be your Mom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 22.9K 42
Y/n Grant is called up by Jill Ellis to be the starting Goal keeper for the 2019 World Cup. At first, the team isn't a huge fan of the cocky player...
103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
370K 11.9K 85
Keegan has been through way too much in her 30 years of life. She's been through a war, moving from a war torn country to America, playing football i...
207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...