Percy Jackson and the Heir of...

By LindinCapps

Percy Jackson hadn't had an easy first year at Hogwarts. He'd been hurt and left alone, but had luckily made... More

0.5) Introduction
1) The Plan
2) Saving Harry
3) The Burrow
5) Hanging With Luke
6) Shopping
7) Late to the Train
8) The Crash
9) The Howler
10) The First Day
11) Lockhart's Class
12) Delian
13) Practice Gone Wrong
14) Mudblood
15) Filch's Office
16) Tears
17) Dating Draco
18) Deathday Party
19) Stupid
20) Bullies
21) History of the Chamber of Secrets
22) Detective Work
23) The Night Patrol
24) The Polyjuice Potion
25) The Rogue Bludger
26) The Petrified Boy
27) Luke's Letter
28) Dueling Club
29) Duel Gone Wrong
30) Blizzard
Fourth of July Special
31) Jumping Jacks
32) Train Ride Home
33) Hope
34) Rumors
35) Karen
36) Storm
37) Yellow Eyes
38) Hades
39) Alive
40) Diary
41) Valentines
42) Another Attack
43) Hagrid's Arrest
44) Worried
45) The Spiders in the Forest
46) Aragog
47) Lady Athena
48) Basilisk
49) Ginny Weasley
50) Runaway Lockhart
51) Into the Tunnels
52) Flying With Fawkes
53) Explanations
54) Montauk Beach
Epilogue
Third book!

4) The Lockhart Books

2.5K 121 74
By LindinCapps

I was woken up by a door slamming.

Before I could figure out what was going on, George shouted, "He's back! Dad's home!" Then Fred and George each took one of my arms and started carrying me towards the house.

I could hear Ron and Harry laughing while I just shook the sleep off and struggled against the twins. They just snickered and continued to drag me.

The twins dumped me in a chair beside Mr. Weasley and I glared at them.

Then I turned to look at their father. He had his eyes closed, glasses resting on his nose. He was thing and going bald. The hair he did have, however, was just as red as his children's. He had on long green robes that were dusty.

"What a night," he mumbled, reaching for a teapot. "Nine raids. Nine! And old Mundungus Fletcher tried to put a hex on me when I had my back turned..."

He took a long gulp of tea and sighed.

"Find anything, Dad?" Fred asked eagerly.

"All I got were a few shrinking-door keys and a biting kettle," Mr. Weasley yawned. "There was some pretty nasty stuff that wasn't my department, though. Mortlake was taken away for questioning about some extremely odd ferrets, but that's the Committee on Experimental Charms, thank goodness..."

"Why would anyone bother making door-keys shrink?" George asked.

"Just Muggle-baiting," Mr. Weasley sighed. "Sell then a key that keeps shrinking to nothing so they can never find it when they need it.... Of course, it's very hard to convict anyone because no Muggle would admit their keys keep shrinking — they'll insist they just keep losing it. Bless them, they'll go to any lengths to ignore magic, even if it's staring them in the face... but the things our lot have taken to enchanting, you wouldn't believe—"

"LIKE CARS, FOR INSTANCE?"

Mrs. Weasley was holding a long poker like a sword. For a second I even thought she was wielding it correctly. Mr. Weasley's eyes jerked open and he stared at Mrs. Weasley.

"C-cars, Molly, dear?"

"Yes, Arthur, cars," Mrs. Weasley's eyes flashed. "Imagine a wizard buying a rusty old car and telling his wife all he wanted to do with it was take it apart to see how it worked, while really he was enchanting it to make it fly."

Mr. Weasley blinked, "Well, dear, I think you'll find that he would be quite within the law to do that, even if, er, he maybe would have done better to, um, tell his wife the truth... There's a loophole in the law, you'll find... as long as he wasn't intending to fly the car, the fact that the car could fly wouldn't—"

"Arthur Weasley, you made a loophole when you wrote that law!" Mrs. Weasley shouted. "Just so you could carry on tinkering with all that Muggle rubbish in your shed! And for your information, Harry and Percy arrived this morning in the car you weren't intending to fly!"

"Harry?" Mrs. Weasley said blankly. "Harry who?"

He looked around and jumped when he saw Harry.

"Good gods, is to Harry Potter? Very pleased to meet you, Ron's told us so much about—"

"Your sons flew that car to Harry's house and back last night!" Mrs. Weasley shouted. "What have you got to say about that, eh?"

"Did you really?" Mr. Weasley said eagerly. "Did it go all right? I - I mean," Mrs. Weasley looked so mad at him even I was terrified, "That-that was very wrong, boys — very wrong indeed..."

"Let's leave them to it," Ron muttered to Harry and me. "Come on, Ill show you my bedroom."

We slipped through the kitchen and up a zigzag staircase. On the third floor, I saw Ginny peeking out at Harry. She quickly closed the door.

"Ginny," Ron said to Harry. "You don't know how weird it is for her to be this shy, she never shuts up normally—"

We climbed up to more flights and went into Ron's room. Having seen it before, I immediately flipped onto his bed. I thought his room was too orange. Blue would have been better.

I flipped onto my back and saw Ron looking at Harry nervously, "It's a bit small. Not like that room you had with the Muggles. And I'm right underneath the ghoul in the attic, he's always banging on the pipes and groaning...."

Harry was grinning widely, "This is the best house I've ever been in."

Ron's ears went pink and I laughed.

I found myself walking into the police station where Luke worked a week later. I'd finally been able to talk to Harry which was nice. I was hoping I could convince Luke to take me school shopping the same day the Weasley's went.

He was sitting at his desk, writing some notes in Greek. His partner, a cheery woman, smiled when she saw me. I waved then flipped onto Luke's legs.

"Hi, Percy," Luke said without looking up.

"Heyyyyy Luke," I said. I watched as his eyes narrowed and he looked down at me, "What did you do?"

"Nothing, yet. You know I love you, right?"

"Oh. What do you want?"

I pouted, "Can I not say that I love you? Just to say it?"

"No."

"Eh. Can we go school shopping when the Weasley's go? I want to catch up more with Harry. Cause we had to kidnap him from his own house, you know?"

Luke stared down at me, "When are they going? And do you have the list yet?"

"List came in this morning, and they're going next Wednesday. That's when Hermione is going, too."

"...next Wednesday? Let me check my schedule. Oh, look. I have work then. Like I do every Wednesday. Because I have to keep us alive."

I looked up at him, and started talking quickly in Greek, "I'm rich, you dolt. I've got about a million dollars in this giant hole under the ground. I also have a job. Sure, I don't work often, but I have one anyways. You could just be a normal person for five seconds and realize that you don't have to work."

Luke deadpanned, "I'm not feeding us on your money, Dude."

"It can be our money," I said, smiling up at him.

The chief of this station had been listening in, apparently, "You can take him on Wednesday. I owe you for coming in Sunday. If he's going off for school soon, you should spend time with him anyways."

I couldn't help but smile. Luke looked down at me, "Fine, but you better clean your room. What's on the list, anyway?"

"Well we have all of the stuff from last year that I can use. A new uniform, probably. And there's a ton of books. Hermione sent me the list in Greek, the saint she is, so I can actually read them. Second year students will require:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart. "The new teacher must be a fan. Who's Gilderoy Lockhart, anyway?"

Luke was staring wide-eyed down at the list, "That's a lot of books. Bet you're going to enjoy reading those. Lockhart is this famous dude. He's supposedly done a lot of amazing things. His books are about those. Somehow, I doubt they're true. He's too much of a pretty-boy. Doubt he's ever gotten his hands dirty."

I nodded, "Mrs. Weasley had a book by him. His face was on it."

Luke nodded, "You're going to have to read every single one of those before school starts. You'll stand no chance if you don't. But I think they've just opened a Greek section. Would've been nice for my time there."

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing was nice during your time. You're a Slytherin."

"Well you're a Hufflepuff, and I wouldn't say that's much better," Luke smirked and pushed me out of his lap. "Go do something else. I'm busy. And don't get hit by a car."

Lots of cars around here. It's pretty funny.

"Don't tempt me," I said, walking away from him.

"If you get hit by a car, I'll kill you."

"No, the car will."

In the transfer, back when I was posting the very beginnings of the first chapter, I had to take everything from my other account, and pull it to this one. Everything got deleted, and I think I managed to get it all, but I'm worried something may have happened to this anyway. Tell me if anything seems off, please, I'll go in and correct it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 6.3K 27
Percy Jackson, a demigod well known. He just came back from his battle with Gaia, still shaken up from the experience. One day, he came back to camp...
234K 9.2K 57
Percy Jackson lost his mother at a young age. From then on he was stuck with his abusive step-father, Smelly Gabe. He didn't have much. Just one good...
17.8K 283 20
When Minerva McGonagall gets into contact with her old mentor, the Immortal Trainer of Heroes, Chiron, to oversee the healing of her students in the...
88.5K 3.4K 19
[2] Diverging Paths: Perseus Jackson, also known as Percy, left his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry feeling happy and confid...