SALEM แตˆ แตแตƒหกแถ แต’สธ

By cherrymalfoys

โ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. โž in which ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž... More

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
- o. ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ, ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ?
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-five
i. Operation: Rescue Harry 101
ii. Screaming Contest
iii. The Art of Eavesdropping
iv. September First
v. The Woman in Pink
vi. Accidents Happen
vii. The Dreaded Defense Lesson
viii. The Meeting in Hog's Head
ix. Unexpected Company
x. Mythbusters
xi. Dumbledore's Army
xii. A Fight, a Book, and a Dream
xiii. Unnatural Phenomena
xiv. Flowers and Pendants
xvi. Caught
xvii. Detention
xviii. Stinging Confusion
xix. Fred and George Weasley
xx. What the F*ck
xxi. When Plans Go Wrong
xxii. The Department of Mysteries
xxiii. Propchecies and Death Eaters
xxiv. The Brightest of Stars
xxv. The End is Just Beginning
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ.
๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-six
i. Sweet Sixteen
ii. Veela Alert
iii. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
iv. The Slug Club
v. Liquid Luck
vi. Worst Hogsmeade Trip Ever
vii. Therapy Sessions
viii. Quidditch Victories and Romantic Let-Downs
ix. A Helping Hand
x. Slughorn's Party
xi. A Christmas Surprise
xii. A Change of Heart
xiii. The Three D's
xiv. Sweet Night
xv. Under the Stars
xvi. The Fox and Girl Talks
xvii. The Love Aroma
xviii. Unfortunate Birthdays
xix. Confrontations
xx. Sectumsempra
xxi. First and Last Time
xxii. Unfair
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ.
๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž ๐•ป๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ. nineteen ninety-seven
i. Operation: Rescue Harry 101, The Sequel
ii. Party Crasher
iii. Dumbledore's Will
iv. Wedding Crashers
v. Ministry Infiltrations
vi. Failures
vii. The Splitting of Ways
viii. The Christmas Miracle
ix. The Sword in The Lake
x. Not-So-Great Reunion
xi. The Hallows
xii. The Snatchers and the Snatched
xiii. Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
xiv. Shell Cottage (Again)
xv. We Plan a Heist
xvi. Dragon
xvii. Welcome Home
xviii. The Reunion I've Been Waiting For
xix. Shit Goes Down
xx. The Room of Hidden Things
xxi. Inferno
xxii. An Uphill Battle
xxiii. Sacrifice
xxiv. Revolution
xxv. Peace
xxvi. An Ending Well Deserved
๐€๐ ๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„. two-thousand and seventeen
๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ.
๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด,
๐„๐—๐“๐‘๐€๐’.
( ๐ข )
( ๐ข๐ข )
( ๐ข๐ข๐ข )

xv. News Bearer

7.4K 248 49
By cherrymalfoys

THE time to go back to Hogwarts finally came.

As soon as I entered the compartment, Ruby and Ernie tackled me in a hug. Without hesitation I did the same.

"Oh, I missed you guys," I said wistfully. "I'm sorry that I disappeared on you two like that, something happened." 

I told them my story from the beginning. Starting from when Professor Sprout woke me up in the middle of the night, the dream Harry saw, and Mr. Weasley getting attacked by a snake.

With every word flowing out of my mouth, the two of them leaned closer to me with their faces set in worry.

"You don't think—?" Ernie gulped.

"The snake. . ." Ruby trailed off.

I could tell that they knew the answers already but I nodded solemnly.

"How is Mr. Weasley?" Ruby said anxiously.

"Much better than before," I replied, then sighed. "I'm so glad he is, too. I can't even imagine what it would be like if he. . .if he didn't make it."

Ruby put a hand on my knee. "Hey, that doesn't matter anymore."

"She's right," Ernie agreed, shooting me a comforting look. "He's alive, Mar. That's all that matters."

I smiled at them gratefully. "Thanks." 

Once again I'm reminded of how thankful I am to have the two of them by my side. No matter what, they always brought me down to Earth whenever my head would get stuck up in the clouds — or in a pit of worry.

I was about to hand them the presents I bought when I remembered what happened after I confronted my parents about the curse.

I decided not to tell them my encounter with Draco on Diagon Alley. Something about it was just better off not being said. 

Sometimes I catch myself smiling at the thought of him wanting to buy his mum the perfect present for Christmas.

I pushed it away. I had more important things to tell them right now.

"There's something else that happened," I said, catching their attention.

As much as I didn't want to relive the moment again, I knew I had to tell them. There was no guessing how long I'll be able to hold it back without going mental.

"From that look on your face I'm assuming that it's not good?" Ernie noted.

I stood up to check outside the compartment to see if there was anybody in the hallways. I didn't want anyone to accidentally listen in or eavesdrop. Rumors spread fast in Hogwarts, after all.

"I asked my parents," I said as I sat. "That night I heard them talking about the curse—I asked them."

Ruby's eyes flashed with curiosity. "What did they say?"

I had to chose my words carefully. Images of the vase in shatters flashed before my eyes, the sound of it shattering echoed in my ears and the gut-tugging feeling made my stomach churn. I decided to keep that part to myself.

Besides, what would I be able to tell them?

"They just said I wasn't ready to hear it yet," I said finally, smiling bitterly when I recalled the conversation.

Whatever Ruby and Ernie were thinking, they didn't say it out loud. In fact, they didn't even say anything. They were just looking at me worriedly, which I didn't like because it also made me worried.

"What are you going to do?" Ernie asked quietly.

I slouched against my seat. "I don't know," I said, trying to steady my voice but I knew it was no use. My eyes began to sting with tears that threatened to fall down. "I never thought that I'd actually end up believing it but, here I am. You should've seen how scared they looked. I know they're doing it for my protection but I feel. . .so lost."

The two of them rushed to my side, Ernie putting my head against his chest as I allowed the tears to fall. Ruby rubbed my back soothingly but even that wasn't enough to calm me down.

Everything was too overwhelming, like a giant wave rushing at you before you even got the chance to take a breath, then suddenly you're drowning.

For months I've been thinking about whatever this curse was but it didn't occur to me that it would ever get this complicated.

A part of me regretted asking my parents. Maybe then I wouldn't be crying if I hadn't, but in a way, I guess I had to let out how I've been feeling about it for the past few months.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," I assured them, sitting up straight to wipe the tears away from my eyes.

"Alright," I chuckled weakly, "I don't want this to be a sad fest anymore so, who wants their presents?"

Just like that, the twinge of the gloomy vibe vanished and we all decided to keep the conversation away. For now, at least.

It seemed that the three of us had a rather nice Christmas. Although I had to spend it in St. Mungo's closed unit, I didn't care. Being around friends and family was enough for me to get into the holiday spirit and treasure the moment. To me, it was all I needed.

It's one of the Christmases that I will remember in the future; a miracle that kept Mr. Weasley alive and all of us
united through dark times.

Plus, everyone loved the presents I got them, especially mum and dad. When I told them about the pendant they looked ready to burst into tears.

I smiled at the thought. My parents' love for each other is something I'd want for myself, one day.

The first few days of school was quite difficult to adjust with after what I had gone through during the holidays. But I managed to get back on track by spending my free time in the Common Room to skim through my notes.

I kept myself busy with all of the homeworks and essays I had to hand over, and the potions I had to brew, and the new spells to remember.

One thing I did not have the pleasure of seeing was old toad-face shoved in another pink tweed jacket. The holidays almost made me forget that Umbridge was still in school.

Another thing that I definitely did not expect was a particular headline that ran the school in a storm when the Daily Prophet arrived that morning.

It was Ernie who took it first. He was always the one to read the newspaper out of the three of us. I don't know how he manages to entertain himself with it, but ever since then we agreed that he would be mine and Ruby's news bearer.

Today, Ruby and I were alerted in probably the most dramatic way possible.

Ernie gasped in horror, mouth hanging open as he stared at the front page. 

"What's the matter with you?" Ruby muttered.

"Look at this!" He slammed the Prophet on the table, full display for the two of us to see. The big bold lettering almost made me sick to my stomach.

MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN

MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS 'RALLYING POINT' FOR OLD DEATH EATERS

Below the title, displayed a picture of a witch. A great mane of black curls, sunken and gaunt eyes that held years of insanity, with sharp cheekbones that used to be associated with aristocratic wealth, and yellowed and crooked teeth that held a sinister grin.

Bellatrix Lestrange.

Swallowing down the bile that threatened to escape my throat, I glanced around the Great Hall, turning my head left and right to see how my classmates reacted.

Instead, everyone seemed to look casual and happy. I heard whispers about the next Quidditch match and gossips about a new secret lover.

I saw the trio in the Gryffindor table, all looking equally upset and shocked, leaving me with the idea that they too have read the paper.

A cold feeling slithered on my neck when I remembered that Bellatrix Lestrange is Sirius' first cousin, his own flesh and blood.

As well as Narcissa Malfoy's sister.

Unable to help myself, I discreetly glanced towards the Slytherin table, scouring for Draco. There he was, burning holes on the table with his steely eyes, a bunch of papers crumpled in his fist.

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to solve the riddle written on his face.

Merlin, I can't even imagine what he was going through. Finding out one of your psycho relatives happened to have broke out of Azkaban was not a good thing to wake up to.

The more I kept my gaze focused on him, the more my stomach seemed to twist. I've never seen him act so. . .quiet. It was so unlike him, like a black sheep in a pen full of white ones.

I frowned.

"Margo? Margo!"

I blinked, instantly whipping my head forwards to meet Ruby's questioning gaze.

"Merlin, why do you look so worried?"

"I'm not!" I said a bit too quickly, making them raise their eyebrows. I inhaled a breath. "I was just thinking about the news."

"Me too," Ruby grumbled, hurriedly shouldering her bag and giving me mine. "Come on, I need a distraction."

"Hold on." Ernie threw his bag to Ruby who caught it effortlessly, before crawling under the table to reach the side where we were. He muttered his sheepish apologies and scrambled away quickly to avoid the risk of being caught by the teachers.

"I still don't understand why you insist on doing that." Ruby rolled her eyes, shoving his bag to his chest. "Everyone might think that you're some sort of peeping Tom."

"Peeping what?" Ernie asked slightly out of breath.

"It's a muggle thing. Basically means that. . ."

I hid my smile, glancing at my friends and watching as they chatted animatedly about Ruby's muggle phrase. I could see the way both of their eyes shined with delight and hints of smile only love struck people would display.

Bloody hell, here I was being the third wheel again.

I already knew that Ruby harbored secret feelings for Ernie, all I needed to do was to find if he feels the same. But from the way he was smiling fondly down at her, I had a feeling that deep down he does, he just doesn't know it yet.

Typical boys.

I sighed, preparing myself for another day ahead as I saw my Charms classroom come to view. The shoulder that was carrying my satchel was already starting to feel sore.

I knew I had to pay more attention because OWL's were coming soon, which heavily relied on my NEWT's for the next academic year.

But there just some days where all I wanted to do was sleep and never get up. Back to school also meant that I had to focus on my prefect duties and do my rounds at the same time as tip-toeing around Umbridge to get into D.A meetings.

The more the day dragged on, the more I would sometimes lose focus during class, often doodling on my textbooks and aimlessly gazing around the classroom which in doing so, made me realize something.

I realized that in all of the classes the Hufflepuffs had with Slytherin, Draco was nowhere to be seen.

In any other circumstances, I wouldn't even care. But earlier when I saw him having a one-on-one staring contest with the table, I remembered what Ruby said when she caught my attention.

Why do you look so worried?

It must have been the news, the article about the Azkaban breakout might've shaken me up, not some other reason.

But no matter what I told myself, flashes of Draco raced across my mind, all of them showing the same unreadable expression on his face.

I cursed myself and zeroed in on the blackboard, determined to focus on something else that was not him.

THAT night Ruby, Ernie and I decided to play a game of Wizards Chess. Well, more like they played and I watched.

I was never really good at the game. Ron and I still played together but he would always beat me every time.

We claimed the little corner with the beanbags and shut out the Common Room around us, like we were trapped in our own little bubble.

Ruby suggested the idea that the three of us should spend the time with each other, claiming that she missed us dearly during the winter holidays.

But deep down I knew she just wanted to take my mind away from what's been happening in my life, I couldn't thank her enough.

"Rook to F-6," Ernie announced, watching his white piece move along the board.

Ruby clapped. "Ha!" She exclaimed. "Knight to F-6." Her black knight destroyed Ernie's rook.

He groaned. "That's the sixth piece you've taken from me."

"It's not my fault that you suck at chess, Ern," Ruby said.

"Knight to D-7," Ernie said.

"I wonder who's going to win if Ruby and Ron played against each other," I thought out loud, looking at Ruby who suddenly seemed so interested at the idea.

"Definitely me," she said, proceeding to destroy Ernie's king. "Checkmate!"

Ernie sighed and leaned back into the beanbag.

I chuckled. "Come on, Ernie. Don't be such a sore loser."

Ruby and I laughed as he held up his middle finger to us.

"I just remembered, I had the strangest dream last night," Ernie said.

"Did you get another toy for your collection?" Ruby teased. "You always have those."

"Oh, I remember," I snickered. "You woke up crying because you realized it was a dream and you actually didn't get that limited edition of Helga Hufflepuff."

"I was twelve!" Ernie protested but still chuckled with us. "And no, my dream wasn't about that."

"What was it about, then?"

"Well—" Ernie halted himself, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "I actually don't remember now, but I knew it was weird."

"Merlin," Ruby muttered.

"That's alright," I said, "people usually don't remember their dreams."

Except me.

The smile almost slipped off my face when I realized.

I haven't told anyone at all about the two dreams I had about the boy in the forest, figuring that it was just another one of those irrelevant things of no importance.

But since we were on the topic of dreams, I decided that I might as well just put it out there.

"Actually," I started, "there were a few nights back I had dreams and actually remembered it. It only happened two times, but the second took me right back to where I left off. Kind of like unpausing a movie."

Ruby and Ernie looked at me with interest.

"No way, why didn't you tell us this before?" Ruby's eyes were so wide she almost looked like an owl. "Do you have any idea how much I want that to happen to me? Oh, all the dreams I can continue," she said dreamily.

I snorted "More like creepy. It was weird too, it was just me and this boy in a forest, except that he didn't seem to notice I was there," I explained.

"Like you're were just a projection, or something?" Ernie asked.

"Yes," I said, "exactly like that—it was strange. The last time I dreamt it, he was taking something out of a tree."

Suddenly, Ruby brightened.

"Oh, oh!" She exclaimed, spazzing in place as she clapped her hands quickly. "I forgot to tell you, Margo. Your dream just reminded me of something."

"What is it?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You remember the book we checked out of the library before the holidays?"

"The legends about the Wizarding World?" I asked, then I jumped as I was slapped with the realization. "Bloody hell, I forgot—did you find anything about that witch?"

"Hold on," Ernie made a time-out gesture, "what are you two talking about?"

"Remember our History of Magic lesson when Susan Bones asked about that witch who escaped the trials?" Ruby said quickly.

"Uh. . ."

"Anyways," she said excitedly, "there was a whole chapter dedicated to her. Apparently, her story isn't really well-known throughout the Wizard Community, saying that she was only made up so people can have hope during the times of the trials blah—blah."

She paused. "But there were wizards who believed that she was actually real. They called her Genevieve."

"Woah," Ernie marveled.

"Genevieve," I repeated, testing the name. "What about her?"

"When Professor Binns said that she had a power that no one else could posses, he was right," Ruby continued. "People believed that she was a distant relative of Merlin because the type of magic she had was more ancient." 

"Isn't our magic already ancient, though?" Ernie pointed out.

"But hers was different."

"What kind of different?" I said.

"Like. . .Circe different."

My eyebrows shot up. "That Greek sorceress? Didn't she turn men into pigs?"

"That was only one of the few witches the book compared her to. Professor Binns told us that she didn't use a wand, right?" Ruby explained. "So, I read more into it and there's a lot more detail than that. A lot of wizards claimed that they saw her levitate things with only her hand. Some even say she can do it using her mind."

"Levitate?" I asked hesitantly, thinking about the vase that fell down at Grimmauld Place.

Ruby nodded at me. I let out a shaky breath, thinking about whether what happened that night counted the same as being levitated.

"What happened to her after she escaped?" Ernie asked, looking more curious.

"Here's the fun part." She scooted closer to us. "It's what Margo made me remember. The story goes that she took refuge in the forests of Albania — which is Scotland now, by the way — guarding something hidden inside a tree."

Ruby took notice of the surprise evident in my face and nodded quickly. "I know, right? No one knows what it was that she was guarding or whether someone actually took it."

Ruby took a deep breath, as if preparing herself to dive into a pool. "One thing for sure, though. Everyone knew that Genevieve died protecting that tree because there were no traces of her a few years later. But the book said that a lot of people believed she did something before she died; something dark and evil."

In the dim glow of the fireplace, Ruby's features appeared grim and sinister, adding to the whole tone of the story. It took me a while to remember that she was simply telling fiction, but the way it sounded. . .almost like it was true. . .

"What did she do?" Ernie said, choosing to whisper it to her.

"She put a curse," Ruby said innocently, as if she didn't just look like she was about to kill someone.

"Seriously?" Ernie said drily. "Of all ways to end the story and you end it like that?"

"Hey, don't blame me, it was the book. . ."

I didn't bother listening to them bicker over it. What Ruby said made tingles run down my back, tingles so strong that I had to stand up abruptly.

"Margo?" Ernie said, confused.

I let out a nervous laugh. "I just realized I have to go get something from the library. I—I'll be back before curfew—"

Before they can utter another word, I dashed out of the Common Room, quicker than you can say what in the bloody hell.

.

[P.S]
i'm back with another update yay! i'm having really bad writers block please bear with me :(
— author

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
4.4M 152K 114
COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! โ ๐ข ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. โž โ ๐ฐ๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง. ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ. โž - updates almos...
79.1K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
41K 2K 26
The founders of Hogwarts, combined had the power to create, destroy and conquer, power beyond a muggles wildest dreams. Hogwarts was their home, thei...