Gold Heart, Warm Soul

By joan_smy

Ambar Lee was reincarnated into a second life. She had a tragic past life due to chasing her love. In her sec... More

1| Prologue: Second chance
2| I'm calm like the sea before the storm
3| First Life: Where did things go wrong?
4| Why do you look so carefree?
5| Getting rid of trash
6| Meeting Titus
7| Third perspectives
8| I'm not cinderella
9| I have a friend
10| Coincidental meeting? I think not.
11| New Year Same Old
12| It's trending now!
13| Family
14| Spirit Energy and Curses
15| Big Reunion
16| Let's play a game
17| Good Strategy
18| Temple visit
19| Priestess Nan
20| I can't feel the pain
21| Loose ends
22| flames
23| what was that?
24| baby baby
25| Ethan's POV
26| Cloud Palace Library
27| Dead ends
28| Puzzle piece
29| Shooting hearts
30| the start of our everything
31| Surgery Day
32| That little sh*t
34| Sequel 1: To our happy days

33| Different

1.6K 50 1
By joan_smy

The ocean breeze blows through my hair, while the tide recedes back to the ocean. I stood in the middle of the beach while the sand tickles my bare feet. Everything was different after the surgery. I felt like a newborn baby. I had to relearn how to differentiate noises and voices. Sights were different. Bright light were tiring for me and I had to recognise the primary colours again. Sounds were harder for me. Sometimes, my brain would go haywire and I wouldn't understand people talking midway in the conversation.

The one thing I was still good at were computers. I still maintained my skills at coding, but I couldn't use the computer for long as it was straining my eyes and causing stress to my brain. It was tiring, but rehabilitation was getting better. One step at a time. The feel of the sand on my bare feet felt like a new sensation. The sound of the wind was pleasant to the ears. I felt content and happy. I finally feel like the burden of death had left my shoulders.

"Ambar, look over here!" At the sound of the voice, I turned around and a smile easily graced my face. Click. My photo was taken. Ethan walked towards me with a goofy smile on his face.

"You should have given me a heads up!"

"But, you look beautiful," he said while showing me the picture on the camera. It was true. I looked nice. Happy. Peaceful.

"Let's take a photo together," I mentioned. We never really had a photo together since I was hospitalised. Ethan positioned the camera on a stand and press the timer. He ran over to me and in an instant carried me bridal style. I squeaked at the sudden movement. "Ethan Zhang! Put me down!" I struggled saying as my laughter broke out. A burst of photo was taken capturing the lovely moment we had, laughing and playing on the beach. We were perfect together, with my imperfections.

I finally learned how to love myself and treasure myself. It felt like I opened a new door. As we were tired, we rested under the shade of a large beach umbrella with towels covering the sand. Ethan bought me a cold drink to cool down. We had a lot of fun. Since it was still a school year, there wasn't a lot of people at the beach. I laid my head on Ethan's shoulders, feeling relaxed with the wind blowing over a gentle breeze. I could feel a yawn coming my way as I feel drowsy. "Are you sleepy? We should go back to the beach house soon," Ethan murmured softly while his hands gently ruffled my short hair. "Mhm..." I could hear a chuckle rumbled from Ethan's chest.

"Hey, love," he softly said. I tilted my heads towards him while my eyes were still closed from the sleepiness. I felt a peck on my cheek. My eyes open slowly, focusing on Ethan's dimple and towards his lips. He leaned down and kissed my lips so gently like a wind. In a soft murmur, he said, "I love you." I could feel a smile on my face and love and adoration flowing through my heart. With earnest feelings, I replied back, "I love you too, Ethan."

In that moment, I felt like the happiest girl alive. To love myself and feel unconditional love from my soulmate, who didn't leave me even though I was a burden and have my imperfections. I feel whole and my heart felt complete. All the broken shards were sealed and look to towards the man of my life, and in my head, I said a silent thank you. Thank you for being there for me. For loving me. For not giving up on me. For finding me. I will always remember this day for the rest of my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 3K 29
~Book 1 of Hidden Love Series~ "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I...
13.3K 416 30
• What if you got into a book and woke up as a character in that book? • Well... this is the story of a girl who has a depressing life getting a sec...
95 0 15
HEARTS, beings with humanoid forms that have powerful magic power. The stronger these beings are, the stronger the kingdoms that own them become...
15.2K 411 48
'There won't be another me. There will be someone better, someone who'll love you much more deeply and for a much longer amount of time.' "He taught...