Life is a High Way: A New Gen...

By storeybook17

Find out what happens in Alex's and Jay's First year together. More

July
August
September
November
December
January
Early Labor
March
April
May
June
July

October

22 1 0
By storeybook17

"Jay, are you ok in there?" Alex announced worried. "Babe, can you come in here for a second?" I announced calmly. I was throwing up but I had good news for Alex. "Alex-" I started to vomit again as Alex rubbed my back. "Alex, were gonna be parents!" I announced excitedly. "What!" Alex nearly passed out. He hugged me and we didn't tell anyone till we knew we were sure. We made the doctors appointment and she said I was about 10 weeks.

"Babe umm... should we call your parents I mean you are 10 weeks." Alex announced as I was making brefast. "Yea, I mean they have the right to know, but I think this time we should go to them." I announced calmly. I take the plates full with eggs and a pancake and set it down were Alex was sitting. I sit at the kitchen table (where Alex was sitting) he sat in the kitchen chair as he reads the newspaper. "I have a doctors appoint," I say breaking the silents. "Alright I will be there what time is it?" Alex replied in a calm voice. "Good it's at 2:30, I have to work to 12 so do you want me to pick you up?" I once again speak. "Yes, I'll tell my dad I can only work till 12." Alex speaker again then gave me a kiss on the cheek and left.

I finally got out the door, and into my Truck, (I know a preggo lady shouldn't be getting up in a truck but were getting a new car pretty soon anyway) I finally get to work in my royal blue scrubs. And then... We got a CODE (witch basically means we need to do CPR) I start doing cheats compressions. And me and this other nurse switch, the doctor finally decides to call the CODE. I was sweating, and had to use the bathroom, so I took my break and went to the bathroom, I saw little spots of blood on my underwear, and suddenly called Alex.

I rushed out of work like a bat out of hell, and jumped into my truck, I met Alex at the doctors office. We got called back, and the doctor says "The baby is fine, but I think you need to go on bed rest, what were you doing before this happened." I replied worried, "I was responding to CODE, because I'm an nurse." She replied "Ok but I still think you need to go out on bed rest."

I went into the house. Silent. Dull. "I'll make you some tea." Alex said calmly. He was dressed in a tie, and long sleeved shirt. I walked to the couch, as I went on my laptop, and started to video chat with my parents. "Hi mom, dad , umm we have some news. We're gonna be parents."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 4.4K 61
"Bredda yuh deaf say mi and yuh done" I said as I walked out of the bathroom "We nuh left until mi say suh" He said following behind me "Who author...
185K 2.1K 50
I actually haven't posted a book on wattpad in about 2 yrs so gimme a break if it isn't good 🏃‍♀️ But most are smut so be ready and idc if u vote ju...
262K 1K 30
Just some AO3 shots not mine credit to owner ❤️
323K 16.2K 32
He died of overwork and transmigrated into the pregnant body of an ancient gent who had died of overwork. His husband has been sent off to war and th...