Why Can't You Love Me? || Tim...

By Pauline_Writing

Julie Gordon lives in New York with her mother and father. On a daily basis, she works at a bakery together w... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chpater 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 25

11.9K 318 915
By Pauline_Writing

Chapter 25

The next day when I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating breakfast, Timmy came trudging down the stairs in only his pair of grey sweatpants. My mouth fell open at the sight because I hadn't seen him without a shirt on since before the kiss happened, and damn, I had missed it.

His curls were a mess on his head as he hopped down the stairs with a wicked smile gracing his pouty lips. The second he sat down in front of me, he ran his hands through his chocolate brown hair. "Good morning, Jules," he greeted, the smile never leaving his face.

My mouth was still open as I stared at him, taking in his features. After a few seconds, I pulled myself together and cleared my throat. "Uh, morning. Sleep well?" I wondered, a hesitant smile making its way to my face.

He tilted his head to the side. "Yeah, I slept like a princess," he said dreamily, making me roll my eyes.

"Where's the dress then?" I winked, to which he smiled.

"It's upstairs. Too pretty for you to see, you know?"

I let out a loud bark of laughter as I shook my head in amusement. "You're not eating breakfast today?" I asked, changing the subject. Sometimes he ate with me and sometimes he didn't, so I was curious what day it was today.

A cheeky smile formed on his lips. "Nah, I was thinking I could drive you to work today because I'm craving a bagel with creme cheese," he said, and you could practically see the hearts in his eyes.

My eyes widened at his words. Drive me to work? What did that come from? "You don't have to, Timmy. I can drive by myself. I--"

He rolled his eyes. "I insist. Besides, I'm going there anyway, so you might as well come with me," he shrugged.

With a sigh, I gave in. "Fine, you win."

His smile widened as he clapped his hands together. The next second, he looked down at his bare chest. "Right, I'm just gonna go change into some... clothes, I guess? I won't be long," he said as he got up from his seat and sprinted out of the room and back up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. I swore to God, that man was something else.

Once I was finished, I placed my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher before walking up the stairs myself. I needed to brush my teeth and tie my hair in a ponytail before leaving.

When I was ready to go, waiting in the hall with my sneakers and jacket on, Timmy still hadn't come down. "Timmy, I'm leaving if you aren't down in one minute!" I yelled through the house.

It didn't take more than ten seconds until I could hear running footsteps in the stairs, and then his figure appeared in the hall. "I'm here," he announced.

He was wearing a white t-shirt and those denim blue pants I had helped him unpack yesterday. It was such a natural outfit, yet he made it look like he was going to some important event. I envied him so much.

He shrugged on his jacket and slipped his white shoes on before grabbing the car keys from the bench beside the door. "Let's go."

We exited the house, and he locked the door behind us before leading me to his black sports car. I became hesitant when I slid into the passenger seat, and Timmy noticed it the second he was beside me. "What's bothering you?" He wondered, a frown between his eyebrows.

I pursed my lips as I turned to him. "I'm not sure I feel safe letting you drive. I mean, last time, I thought we were going to crash because you wouldn't sit still. How can I trust you this time?"

He rolled his eyes, putting the key in the ignition. "I'm not going to crash. I haven't done it once since I got my driver's license, and that was ages ago. So, there's no reason for you not to trust me," he shrugged.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Just because you haven't crashed yet doesn't mean you never will," I huffed.

He turned to me so he could flash me a knowing look. "Just trust me, Jules."

Rolling my eyes, I let out a sigh. "Fine, let's go. I'm going to get late if we stay here for another minute."

He pulled out of the lot and sped off towards the bakery. It was obvious he was doing his best to make me satisfied with his driving because he would glance at me now and then to see what I was thinking. It was hilarious, but I tried my best not to show that I was aware of what he was doing.

When he pulled over outside the building, he turned to me. "Wasn't as bad as you thought it would be, right?" He said with confidence.

I let out a snort. "If it weren't for the fact that you tried so hard, I would've thought you'd taken some driving lessons," I winked.

His mouth fell open. "Hey, I wasn't... You just... I... Arghh," he huffed in defeat, crossing his arms over his chest.

I let out a loud bark of laughter before exiting the car. "See you inside, loser," I teased, earning a middle finger and glare from him. It only made me laugh even harder.

Entering the bakery, I walked into the changing room and changed into my working outfit before joining Dylan behind the counter. He was filling up the glass window with pastries, getting everything ready before we opened.

"Morning, Dyl," I greeted, making him turn around.

"Hi there, Jules. What's up?"

I let out a chuckle as I thought of the man who was waiting outside in his car for us to open. "Timmy drove me here today," I informed him.

Dylan's eyes widened in surprise. "He what? Why?" He wondered.

I shrugged my shoulders. "He said he was craving a bagel, so he insisted he'd drive me to work since he was going to come here to buy one anyway," I said, trying to imitate his voice.

His eyebrows shot up. "And that's the reason he drove you here? To get a bagel? Man, are you sure he doesn't have feelings for you?"

I let out a sigh, but the smile remained on my face. "Yeah. I'm sure he did it just because we're good friends," I said, biting the inside of my cheek because even if it was true, it still hurt.

Dylan thought for a while before asking: "How are things with Aden then? You haven't told me anything about him," he pouted in disappointment.

I rolled my eyes. "That's because there's nothing to say yet. We have just started going out and I want to take things slow because... because of my feelings for Timmy," I muttered.

He nodded his head. "I understand. That's what is most fair to Aden too since he's not supposed to be a rebound, right?"

"Yeah. I don't want to force myself to like him. I want it to come naturally," I explained.

"Good," he smiled.

The second we went silent, I realized it was probably time for us to open the bakery. So, I walked over to the entrance to see Timmy walking up to the door. He entered the building, looking at me with a frown. "Why are you making me wait out here? It has passed nine a long time ago," he pouted.

I let out a chuckle. "I'm sorry, Tim. Won't happen again," I winked, making him roll his eyes.

"Hey, Timmy Tim," Dylan greeted from behind the counter, smiling wide.

Timmy raised his hand in acknowledgment. "Nice to see you again, Dyl. Everything okay?"

Dylan nodded his head. "Sure thing. What about you? Did LA treat you well?" He asked, leaning his arms against the counter.

"Yep, it was great. I'm glad I'm back, though. There's no place like home, right?"

Dylan's lips twitched as he nodded his head again. I decided to interfere then. "I know you missed me, Timmy. You don't have to hide it," I teased, making the curly-haired boy turn to me with an amused look on his face.

"Oh, you wish, Jules. Actually, I mostly missed my bed. My back was killing me because of that bed in LA. It was--" I cut him off by hitting him in the arm.

He chuckled as he flashed me a wide smile. "Fine, you win. Of course I missed you, Jules," he winked, making me smile in return.

"That's what I thought."

Dylan cleared his throat. "Alright, when you two lovebirds are done with whatever you're doing, I'd like to take your order, Timmy."

I sent him a glare for calling us 'lovebirds'. That was just unnecessary, even if Timmy didn't seem fazed by it.

The curly-haired man went over to the counter where Dylan was standing. "Hmm, I'll have a bagel with creme cheese and a black coffee to go, please."

My gaze went back to Timmy as his eyes wandered to the glass window where all the pastries where. "How are the cinnamon buns here?" He asked, turning to look at me while Dylan turned around to make his coffee.

I gave him a thumbs-up with a smile on my face. "They're delicious. They are my first choice whenever I buy something here," I told him honestly. He pursed his lips but didn't say anything else.

"You going home after this?" I wondered, leaning against the counter beside him.

He shook his head, making his curls fly. "Nope, I'm meeting up with my agent. He wanted to talk about some future works and auditions."

My eyes widened. "He wants you to do even more stuff right now?"

He rolled his eyes as he let out a light chuckle. "Honestly, I'm practically free from work at the moment. Sometimes I am so busy that I'm only home for a day after being away to film screen for two months before going away to do a new audition," he said, making my eyes widen even more.

"Really?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah."

"Don't you ever get tired of it?" I wondered. I couldn't believe how he managed to do all that without being exhausted.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I love acting, so it usually doesn't feel like a long time that we're screening a movie, but sometimes when I feel really homesick, it's pretty tough," he explained.

I could definitely understand that. However, if I loved something as much as I knew Timmy loved acting, I would probably manage too.

Before we had time to talk about something else, Dylan placed his coffee on the counter along with a bagel with creme cheese. Timmy grabbed and paid for them before turning back to me. "See you later?"

I nodded my head with a smile playing on my lips. I opened my mouth to tell him what time I finished my shift but realized he must already know since he always knew what time my shifts started and how long they lasted even if I never told him. I just hoped he understood that he would have to come and pick me up since he drove me here.

"Bye, Timmy," I said, and Dylan called out the same thing just a few seconds later.

The second he had closed the door behind me, I turned to Dylan to see that he was looking at me with raised eyebrows. "What?" I asked, furrowing mine.

He rolled his eyes as he let out a chuckle. "I can't believe you persuaded me into believing that he doesn't have feelings for you," he said while shaking his head.

"What are you talking about?"

He looked at me knowingly. "If he doesn't like you, then I must be blind. You guys were literally in your own little bubble before, not even acknowledging that I was in the same room."

I just let out a huff before walking by him to the room in the back. I was sure Timmy didn't have feelings for me, and that was it.

-

When it was only ten minutes remaining of my shift, the doorbell went off in the bakery. I was standing at the cash register, serving a customer when this happened. Looking up, my eyes widened at the sight of Aden walking over to me, his hand raised in a greeting gesture.

I returned it and flashed him a smile. I had no idea he was coming today because he hadn't said anything about it. So, once I was finished with the customer and he had left the bakery, I raised my eyebrows. "Hi, Aden. I wasn't expecting to see you," I told him honestly.

"Surprise!" He said with excitement, flailing his arms out.

I let out a chuckle as I shook my head in disbelief. "You've been to work?" I wondered, resting my elbow against the counter while supporting my head with my hand.

He nodded his head. "Yep, just got out from there. How are you?" He wondered. "It feels like it's been ages ago since we last met."

A smile appeared on my face again. "It's been two days, Aden," I reminded him, which made him chuckle.

"Yeah, but it feels like ages. I just missed you, I guess," he shrugged.

I was just about to open my mouth and reply to him when the doorbell went off again. My eyebrows furrowed slightly because we usually didn't have these many customers at closing time. The second I saw the brown curls and green eyes, though, the frown disappeared from my face and was replaced by a look of shock.

"Julie!"

Oh God, this was not going to end well.

Timmy walked over to where we were standing. He didn't acknowledge Aden at first, but when he noticed that he was looking at him, his eyes left mine to settle on the blonde guy instead. "Uh, hi. Do I know you?" Timmy asked, his eyes narrowing slightly.

Aden looked at Timmy in suspicion. "I... Uh, no... Hey, aren't you that dude who fucked a peach in that movie?" He wondered, making Timmy roll his eyes.

"It's Timothée," he said, reaching his hand out. "Who are you?"

Aden shook it. "I'm Aden, Julie's... friend," he replied, frowning a little at the word 'friend'.

Timmy's eyes widened in realization, and his gaze suddenly flicked back to me. I closed my eyes for a second because I was sure this wasn't going to end well. He knew exactly who and what Aden was to me, and I could tell that by his facial expression. No emotion was no longer visible on his face, but he had clenched his jaw together tightly.

When he didn't say anything, Aden opened his mouth again. "How uh... How do you guys know each other?" He asked in confusion, flicking his eyes between the two of us.

I opened my mouth to answer him, but Timmy beat me to it. "She hasn't told you?" Aden shook his head. "Julie lives at my house," he replied monotonously.

Aden turned to me in confusion, and I let out a deep sigh. "Timmy's mom is my mom's co-worker," I explained, making his mouth form the shape of an 'o'.

"What are you doing here?" Timmy asked Aden flatly, making me shoot him a glare because this didn't sound like him at all. He was never impolite to people.

Aden looked at me. "Honestly, I just came here to see if Julie wanted to do something after work. It's been some time since we last saw each other," he shrugged, a smile playing on his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "Two days, Aden. Two days."

"Whatever," he chuckled.

Timmy looked between us with a frown on his face. He didn't say anything, though.

"What are you doing here, man?" Aden asked, making the green-eyed boy turn to him.

"I came here to pick up Julie since I drove her here this morning," he muttered.

Aden's eyes met mine. "Oh, you have no car here?" I shook my head. "How about I take you out for a while, then drive you home after that?" He offered, hope evident in his voice.

Timmy opened his mouth to protest, but I beat him to it. "I... sure, why not?"

I didn't know why I said yes. Maybe it was the look on Timmy's face that made me do it or the fact that the idea sounded nice. I felt a little bad about the fact that Timmy had driven all the way here to pick me up in vain, though.

The brown-haired man shot me a glare, and I knew then that this was not the end of this conversation. I was going to hear more from him when there were just the two of us.

Without a word, he turned around and left the bakery, the door slamming shut behind him. The loud noise made my eyes squeeze shut for a second before they opened again. I looked at Aden apologetically. "I'm sorry about him."

He waved a hand in dismissal, a smile gracing his lips. "Don't be. I would react the same way if someone other than me was taking you out too."

-

Jealous Timmy guys! What do you think? Did you like this chapter?

What do you think is going on inside Timmy's head?

Alright, so last time I updated (4 days ago) I had 4K+ reads, and now I have 6K+? How insane is that? I can't thank you enough for reading this story! Just don't forget to vote <3

Pauline .xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1.4K 53
Timothée Chalamet Fanfic- real life, no social media (it's a story lol), slow burn, friends to lovers I kind of of think that I might be his type 'Ca...
248K 4.2K 57
She thought it was for one night only. Who would of taught that they were meant to be? But will other people get in the way of their love? ---- highe...
161K 2.2K 23
imagines with and only timothée chalamet for some free serotonin !these are unedited! ( i am no longer writing or editing this book) enjoy!♡ [fem!re...
141K 2.9K 38
It started in Paris, with a movie star, a girl, rum and a pack of cards. Life tries to pull them apart and yet the keep returning back to each other...