Just One Day (Bakudeku)

By Astranger015

Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital... More

Trouble Maker
Mystery Person
Home
Talking
Halloween Party
Confessions?
A Bad Day
Rival
A Pinky Promise
Phone Number
Thanksgiving Party
Toy Drive
Movie Night
Mistletoe
Christmas
New Years
Some Fun
Eri's Surgery
Files
The Truth
First Date
Story Time
Decisions
We Need To Talk
Heartbreak
Heartache
Regrets
Together Again
Together Again (part two)
Prom Night
After Party
Cuddles
Just One Day
Blame
Tomorrow
Denial
A Kept Promise

Community Service

19.9K 754 1.1K
By Astranger015

Bakugou entered the building and was immediately hit with a chemically clean smell making his nose scrunch up. He walked up to the front desk where a lady with light pink hair styled in two low pigtails looked up from what she was doing and greeted him with a smile.

"You must be Bakugou!" She said in a cheerful tone. "Yeah, I am." Bakugou grumbled back in annoyance, he just wants to get this over with. "Well if you follow me I'll show you where you'll be working and what you have to do!" She said and got up from behind the counter picking up some folders as she did so.

Bakugou followed the lady down the hall and stopped once they reached some sort of lounge area. There were a bunch of older people just sitting around. Some were reading or knitting others were either asleep or talking to one another.

"Ugh smells like old people." Bakugou muttered to himself but the woman heard him and laughed slightly. "Get used to it kid." She told him making the blonde roll his eyes and groan.

"You'll be spending most of your time in this room." "Doing what?" Bakugou questioned. "Like talking with them, maybe playing a few card games, you could even plan events like a bingo night or some holiday-themed parties! You just have to hang out with them and make them feel young and appreciated again." "Why do that when they are just going to die soon." Bakugou mumbled to himself.

The lady started walking a different way so Bakugou reluctantly followed behind her.

They stopped walking once they reached a hospital wing. "Okay, so this is where everyone's rooms are. You should get used to who's room is which just in case you have to help them get there." She explained and Bakugou just nodded while looking at his phone. "Oh also, there are some empty rooms
down the hall for anybody else that comes in needing them." "Sounds great." Bakugou mumbled while he was holding his phone with one hand and texting using his thumb.

The lady looked over at him and sighed. "This place is also haunted and sometimes the ghost comes out and possesses all of the furniture!" "Wow so interesting." The blonde mumbled while selecting the eye roll emoji after Denki sent a meme in the group chat that was actually pretty funny. The lady sighed again and took the blonde's phone out of his hands. "Hey!" He shouted and she raised a finger to her lips telling him to be quiet.

"If you're going to get your community service hours here then you actually have to work for it. So starting now as soon as you step into the building I want you to give me your phone, understand?" She told him and he rolled his eyes. "Fine! Just show me what the hell I have to do today." He groaned out. The lady smiled and they started walking around the building more so Bakugou could get familiar with the layout.

Once they were done with the tour they went back to the lounge area. "Okay, Bakugou for the rest of your time here today I just want you to go and get to know these people since you're going to be here for a while they should know who you are." She told him and the blonde rolled his eyes. "Tch, I really have to introduce myself to these old farts?" "Yes, and you better not call them old farts have some respect. Also, take these." She handed him the folders she had been carrying the whole time.

"These are some notes on our regular patients. You know like their interest, hobbies, it also lists off a few things that you should avoid talking to them about." The nurse explained while he skimmed over a few files only seeing old people's faces. "Are there even any young people here? All I see are damn wrinkles and gray hair." Bakugou said while closing the folder. "Well, we do have a few child patients if you're more interested in caring for them." "Eww gross I meant kids my age." "How old are you again?" "18." "18...18...18" she began to mumble while tapping her chin with her pointer finger.

"I don't think he-" "Joy!" The pink-haired nurse turned around to be met with a lady with short brown hair. "We need some help calming down Mrs. Watanabe again!" "Okay, I'll be right over!" She called out then turned her attention back to Bakugou. "Okay so just get to know everybody until I come back." "Yeah whatever, quick question though what does this word mean?" He said and stood next to her pointing at the word.

"Claustrophobia? That's the fear of enclosed spaces." "Oh, right I forgot." Bakugou said with a smirk. "Okay if that's all then I need to get going if there are any problems just run over to the front desk I'm sure someone will be there to help." And with that, she left leaving the blonde alone with a bunch of elders.

Bakugou went over to one of the empty tables and dropped the folders down. He then got in a chair and propped his feet up on the table while leaning back in his seat. He took his cell phone, which he had pickpocketed from the nurse when he asked her that question, and went to his Spotify playlist. He put in his air pods and clicked on the green shuffle play button letting the loud rap music fill his ears and drain out any other noise.

Bakugou was just enjoying sitting there listening to his music while scrolling through Instagram when he felt someone tap him on his shoulder. He looked up to see an elderly lady with short curly gray hair smiling at him. He pressed one of his air pods to stop his music.

"What the hell do you want?" He asked harshly making the lady start to frown. "Well, I heard earlier that you will be volunteering here for a while so I was wondering when you are going to start." "Tch, I fucking started already you old bat." "*gasp* I hope you don't kiss your mother with that month." "Why the hell would I ever kiss that old hag." Bakugou said and looked back at his phone and continued to scroll down the explore page.

"Hmph, kids these days always on their phones they never have time for any of us." The old lady grumbled while walking away. Bakugou rolled his eyes and started his music back up again.

The day finally came to an end and Bakugou didn't even introduce himself to anybody or do any of the jobs the other nurses asked him to do.

He walked out of the building to see his maid in her car waiting in the front. He went up to it and slide into the passenger seat. "So how was your first day?!"  Kaoruko asked the teen while starting up the car. "So fucking boring! There's nothing to do there!" The teen groaned out while leaning his head back in his seat. "Well suck it up, your the one who stole a police car so now you have to suffer the consequences." The teen groaned in annoyance while his maid merely chuckled quietly at the boy's pain.

The next day
"You actually have to work at that place?" Mina asked the blonde who was sitting at his desk by the window with his feet propped up on the table. "Yeah, and it fucking sucks there!" "You just started yesterday it can't be that bad." Sero said. "Well, it is there's nothing to do over there *sigh* maybe I could mix up their medicines or change up their files oh I got it why don't we do what we did at that software store! Pikachu you shut the power off and then we start pelting everyone with water balloons!" Bakugou said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Dude don't you could end up killing someone." Kirishima said making the blonde roll his eyes. "That's a fucking exaggeration besides I don't hear any of you making any other fucking suggestions!" He yelled at his group of friends making them all sigh.

"Dude you know we love your crazy and extreme plans but maybe you shouldn't do anything it is a hospital after all." Denki said while scratching the back of his head knowing the blonde will get angry, which he did.

"When the hell were you all against having some fucking fun!?" "Since you almost killed us Katsuki!" Kirishima yelled making Bakugou go quiet. Kirishima quickly slapped a hand over his mouth. He started to lower it when he noticed Bakugou getting up. "Bro I d-didn't mean that! I-It's just Saturday was really crazy and we crashed into a-another car...b-but we are fine, right guys!?" Kirishima said and everyone started nodding their heads. "Yeah bro I only got a little bit of whiplash and hearing loss from that accident!" Denki said making Bakugou glare at him.

"I'm gonna take a walk." Bakugou stated plainly and walked out of the classroom ignoring the teacher telling him to come back.

He walked down the hall until he reached one of the schools many exits. He pushed the door opened and walked outside. While walking down the street he pulled his backpack from behind him and unzipped one of the small pockets and pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

He pulled one out and placed it in his mouth. He then took a lighter from his pocket and lit the end of the cigarette. He took a deep inhale and left the smoke in his mouth enjoying the burning sensation in his throat before he had to blow the smoke out.

'Since you almost killed us Katsuki!'

Those words kept replaying over and over in the blonde's head while he was walking down the street. He stopped once he made it to some grassy field where he just sat down in the middle of it.

The memory of the car crash played in his head along with what Kirishima said making the blonde groan. "Urgh! Those damn extras making me care about them!" He yelled while falling back on the grass. He looked up at the bright blue sky seeing only a few clouds drifting by overhead. "*sigh* What is wrong with me..." he mumbled to himself while he blew out more smoke from his cigarette.

'It's not like I meant to fucking crash the car! I didn't want to get them hurt either... I just wanted to have a little fun with people I...kinda like to be around... *sigh* stop lying to yourself Katsuki you know that's not why you did it.' He then felt a buzz in his pants and he reached into his pocket to pull out his phone.

He rolled his eyes at the text from Kirishima telling him that he will have detention tomorrow for leaving the school. His phone then vibrated again this time a text from his maid Kaoruko saying that she can't believe he left the school and that she will be at the local Starbucks to pick him up and take him to the hospital.

Bakugou shoved his phone back in his pocket and groaned remembering about his community service. 'This dumb community service there's nothing there to do besides talking and who wants to be stuck talking with some old sacks of wrinkles! Or annoying little brats.' He thought and stood up.

"Why isn't there someone there for me to hang out with or at least talk to." He sighed and threw his cigarette on the ground stepping on it to put it out. He then started to make his way over to the Starbucks.
———————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 9.6K 54
{[Warning: manga spoilers]} The students have finally graduated UA and are continuing their good work as some of the top heroes in the world. A slic...
465K 9.8K 65
Y/N was 4 years old when she went on holiday to Japan. She meets Izuku and Bakugo and she stayed in Japan for two years before going back to her home...
54.4K 1.1K 10
Bakugo has always been on the harsher side with his smaller classmate, Deku. They grew up together, and Bakugo had always had a soft spot for him tha...
1.1M 31.1K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...