Maybe, Just For Pretend

By Hatetoloveit

The vlog squad is going to Hawaii for a well deserved vacation. The only problem is that Liza is coming too... More

I.
II.
III.

IV.

698 22 13
By Hatetoloveit

"It just occurred to me that you guys happened to get together conveniently around the same time we were all coming on the trip. I just think it's a very weird coincidence that as soon as I bring a boyfriend, you all of a sudden have a girlfriend," Liza says.

"What would make you think that?" I reply.

"You guys are so hesitant to be intimate and touching, it makes me think you got Natalie to pretend to be your girl for the trip, or to make me jealous," Liza adds.

"Look it's been a very long time since I ever felt something for you so trust me Natalie is no consolidation prize, I love her." I said without even thinking of what I was saying. 

"Okay, whatever you say lover boy." Liza replies.

We all decide to go rest in our respective rooms and take a nap to wear off the alcohol. We all walk back to the hotel talking and messing around all while I hold on to a slightly tipsy Natalie. Once we reach the lobby, Zane, Nat, and I depart from the groups and head to the elevators.

"Hey don't let what Liza said get you down. You and Nat are meant to be together." Zane states while slurring some of the words.

"Thanks, man. We won't let her ruin your trip." I reply laughing because Zane is super drunk and won't remember this later tonight.

We finally reach our floor and head out. I take the key out of my pocket and hold the door open for Natalie. She was tipsy but not drunk so I knew she wouldn't have a hangover later on.

"Boy, I'm tired."  I say yawning. The sun can really tire someone out. 

"Aww little Davey needs a nap."

"Shut up." I say laughing.

"Well I'm going to make use of this nice hot tub. Care to join?" She asks while she proceeds to take off her shirt revealing that famous red bikini top. She then takes off her shorts and turns around to face me, "Are you going to stare at me all day, or are you going to come in Dobrik?"

It would be a very dangerous situation to be alone in a small hot tub with a very exposed Natalie. Plus we were both still reeling in the drinks we had at the bar. But Drake said we only live once so, I guess I'm going in the hot tub.

Natalie was already in the hot tub with her head tipped back and eyes closed. I approach the hot tub timidly, and didn't have to change since I was still in my beach clothes from earlier.

As I was about to step into the hot tub I hear Natalie say, "You are not coming in this nice relaxing hot tub with a shirt on. It's just me, I've known you all my life."

"But I always wear a shirt." I reply hesitantly.

"Yeah but that's in public. It's just me here and plus you shouldn't be shy in front of your fake girlfriend."

Fear was shown in my eyes immediately. I never take off my shirt for anything. The only person who has seen me shirtless in the past ten years is Liza and look how that turned out. Then again, this is Natalie, my best friend. Why was I so scared? Fuck it.

I took off my shirt and the movement cause her to open her eyes and look up. I tried to be quick and just jump in the hot tub but I know she got a good look.

"You were hiding all of that under those black shirts this whole time?"

"Shut up Nat." I reply blushing.

"So are you okay after what Liza said earlier about you, about us?"

"I mean I see where she would think that I would make this up, because it's true. But she's dead wrong in thinking I was trying to make her jealous."

"I say we need to start doing a more convincing job."

"What do you mean, Nat?"

"I mean that she saw right through that peck from earlier. She knew that two people who are actually dating shouldn't be nervous or hesitant about kissing."

"I guess so." I reply having no idea where she was going with this.

"We should practice."

If I wasn't in shock, I would have died right then and there. What did she mean practice? Practice kissing? Practice touching? E, All of the above?

"What do you mean, practice?"

"I mean we need to be more comfortable around each other so people don't think we're not actually together. Liza caught on to us pretty fast."

"Okay, how do we become more comfortable?"

"Well, we have to practice not being nervous to touch one another."

"We hug all the time Nat."

"I mean touching like real couples do. Cuddling, grabbing me by my waist, things like that."

"Okay, I guess we could practice that, but how?"

"Let's start now. Pretend we're in front of others."

She moves to sit right next to me and puts herself on my lap. Woah, I don't know if this is a good idea. I immediately have to force myself to concentrate on anything else but the feeling of Natalie sitting fully on my lap.

She notices my shyness in taking any sort of lead so she grabs my hands and wraps it around her waist. It feels like we should have been doing this for a long time. 

"See, it isn't so bad." She says.

"Yeah, so far no one is gagging or punching each other."

"Okay let's try something else."

I wasn't prepared at all for what she was going to do next. She flipped around so she was fully facing me and put one leg on each side of my waist so she can fully sit on me while facing me now. I could literally feel her breathing that's how close we were. I notice that my hands did not leave her waist from before so now I'm practically pulling her even closer into me.

"Okay let's say I was your girlfriend for real. Let's pretend I'm Natalie Portman."

I don't need to pretend she's anyone else. Wait what? Before I could overthink she asks, "What would you do next?"

"Nat, I don't know." I reply laughing trying to ease the tension between us. I could feel our bodies radiating off one another. Her hands were on my shoulders and one hand was playing with the hairs on my neck unconsciously I'm assuming.

"Come on David. What would you do next if you have a girl sitting on your lap?'

"Probably kiss her."

"Then kiss me."

"Nat..."

"We have to learn to be natural in our movements, so kiss me."

I was stuck, thinking that I must be dreaming. She can not be serious? I mean one thing is to pretend in front of Liza and our friends and it's another to do this alone. It makes it a little more real when there's no audience.

"Nat, I don't know. We're best friends, I don't want to jeopardize that."

"David we're both adults. Just do it so we can be more convincing when we have to do it in front of other people."

I took one good look into her eyes and saw no hesitation on her part. So, I grabbed her to pull her closer and went for it. It started off tentatively but then it turned into something more beyond our control. We forgot about everything around us and just focused on being present in this kiss. I felt every emotion running through me and it intensified once Natalie deepened the kiss. 

In that moment something clicked and made me realize that this is my best friend, yes, but she's also a gorgeous woman sitting on my lap and we need to stop before I can't control my bodily reactions any longer. I pulled back and our foreheads were still connected while we tried to catch our breath. I think we both know that nothing will ever be the same after that. I don't think I could go back to being just friends after what we both experienced. I know she feels it too.

"Okay, good practice." She says getting off my lap and laughing.

Good practice? I know damn well this was more than just practice. I didn't want to make a big deal about it because I know Natalie is not good at dealing with her emotions. 

"Yeah, I'm going to shower and then probably take a nap."

She nods and I step out of the hot tub and make a turn for the bathroom. I let the water run over me and I couldn't help but miss the feel on Natalie being that close to me. The way her hips melted into mine, the way her lips taste, it's unforgettable. How can she think that didn't mean anything?

When I walk out of the room freshly dressed in basketball shorts and a t shirt, I see that Natalie is no longer in the hot tub. I went room to room to try to find her. Maybe she overthought things and left? Maybe she got another room? My head was filling with questions until I see a glimpse of dark brown hair and see her leaning over the balcony that has the beach view. She looks amazing.

I decide to let her be and not pry anything, at least for now. I don't want her to feel pressure and run but I do want to talk about that kiss with her. I know it wasn't just me who felt the spark and passion between us.

I went to lay down and try to fall asleep for a while. I must have dozed off because when I woke up the sunshine was replaced by an iridescent moonlight. I went to go find Natalie, in hopes that we can finally talk but she was nowhere to be found not even the balcony. 

She's gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
805K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
96.6K 3.2K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...