•°•Our Number 4•°•

By ximnotawriterx

The belt dropped to the floor and he went for the knife, still holding me with his other hand. "Don't you lov... More

•Characters•
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
•13•
•14•
btw
•12•
Quick question
•15•
•17•

•16•

406 5 0
By ximnotawriterx

It had been a while since I had an excuse to dress up, so I wanted to go all out. And plus, Trent had disrespected me, so I had to make him realise who he's talking to with all that chest.

After what felt like the whole night, I finally decided on what I wanted to wear. Since the long awaited summer had finally come around, I picked out a floral mini dress and minimal makeup.

One last look in the mirror and I was ready to go. Just as I got to the door, there was a knock.

"Oh hi Jesse. What are you doing here?" He looked at me like he was stuck in a trance as his eyes shamelessly observed every curve of my body.

"You look stunning. Trent is so dumb, talking to you the way he does. If you were mine-"

"I'd treat you like the queen you are. Yeah, yeah. I've heard that one a couple of times, but thanks for the effort. Now answer my question."

"Oh, I came to escort you to the venue. I assumed you had no one else to get you there since Trent is mad at you."

"Oh, well thanks. And that suit is alright you know."

"I mean.... it could be the suit. Or maybe it's just me."

"Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the suit."

"By the way, Marcus, Jadon, and Dele are coming with us."

"How fun." I said sarcastically as we made it towards the entrance.

"What's wrong, that sounds like any girl's fantasy."

"Yeah well unlike other girls, I have standards and I wouldn't just throw myself at any decent looking footballer."

"Well I know a certain Virgil Van Dijk who would say otherwise."

"Shut up, you're not allowed to make that joke. And besides, he's far more than just 'decent looking'" I said as he laughed, opening the passenger door to his car for me.

"Hi everyone, I'm Alaïah."

"The mentor, yeah we know. You introduced yourself on the first day." Jadon was the first to speak up.

"Oh, yeah."

"So you're the one Trent and Jesse have been going on about? Where is Trent by the way?" Dele asked.

"Oh he's off somewhere being a child but let's not talk about him, I refuse to let him ruin my night."

For the rest of the drive, the music played in the background of our conversations. We finally pulled up to a building and we walked in to be greeted by a grand entrance area. A man in a black suit escorted is to a large room where some of the boys already were.

When we got in I approached the table that the head, Gareth Southgate, was seated at along with some of the other coaches.

"Hi Gareth."

"Alaïah! Good to see you. I haven't seen much of you, have the boys been hogging you?"

"I guess you could say that." I laughed.

"You look lovely by the way. Very patriotic with the red and white. But Rose's are associated with rugby if I'm not mistaken." I just nodded and smiled in response.

"Sorry Gazza but I'm going to have to steal Alaïah, if that's alright with you?"

"That's fine, I'll talk to you later Gareth."

"Alright, take care. And Jesse, how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?"

"Sorry Gaz." He laughed as I followed him to the table he was sitting at. Everyone from the car was there along with Joe and-
Trent.

"Oh, Trent. I didn't see you come in."

"Yeah, well I did." He smiled sarcastically.

"Anyway.... after this, we're all headed to a party, would you like to come?" Jesse offered.

"Well I mean, you're my ride so I kind of have to."

"Great. It'll be fun."

"I think I need a little fun. I'm so tired of everything right now."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dinner had been served and obliterated and we were ready to go to the party I still didn't know the location of.

We were back in the car headed to wherever.

"So who's staying sober out of you lot?"

"Sober? Why?"

"So they can drive us all back safely? What, were you planning on drink driving?"

"No, we'll probably just spend the night."

"Spend the night? I don't even know where we're going and you expect me to spend the night. And besides, I don't have any PJ's or toiletries."

"Alaïah, chill it's all covered."

The sounds of loud music and people soon came within reach as we pulled up to a house. It looked like something out of a movie or grand design or something.

"Come on let's go." Jesse said as he held his arm out for me to hold onto.

"Before we go in, promise you won't leave me alone."

"What are you squared?"

"Jesse I'm being serious, look how many people are in there. Statistically, a lot of them could be murderers, you just never know."

"Alright, alright. Jeez, I'll stay with you." He laughed as we entered the house.

"Jesse!" A man that looked about middle aged in an expensive looking white suit approached him as he shook hands with him and the rest of the boys.

"Mike! Good to see you, I brought someone with me if that's okay?"

"Of course, the more the merrier. How could I say no to Jesse's girlfriend?"

"I'm not his girlfriend, we're just friends."

"That ring on your finger says otherwise."

"This is from someone else."

"Oh, so you're a player. I see."

"Can we go somewhere else, Jesse?"

"I'm just messing around. Come on have a drink, we've got plenty to go around."

For a while, we all just sat around, chatting and having drinks, until I couldn't take anymore.

"Guys! Let's go dance! This is so boring!"

The only response I got was the boys staring at me like I was a lunatic.

"Actually, yeah I'm going with her."

"Of course you are Jesse. Remember to use protection."

"Shut up Marcus!" I yelled as they laughed at his remark.

"And what if I'm celibate?"

"Well are you?"

"No."

"Hmm, good to know."

"Hmm, well it's not for you. It's for someone else, and him only."

We headed to the dance floor as we made fools of ourselves in front of everyone. I suddenly bumped into someone and as I turned around to apologise, my mood quickly dropped.

"Oh, you."

"Yeah, me. And just so you know, I'm here with a girl."

"That's lovely Trent, I'm really happy for you." I said sarcastically.

"Who is this crazy girl anyway?"

"Hold on. Babe! Come over here."

"So you just call any girl babe then?"

"No, only the one's I want something out of."

"What is wrong with you?"

"I'm kidding, anyway this is Maliah."

"Hi Alaïah, it's good to see you again."

"Wait, you two know each other?"

I didn't even reply, I just rushed off to the bathroom to try and escape her.

"Oi, Trent. Where did Alaïah go?" Jesse called out.

"I don't know, she just ran off somewhere."

"She probably ran off to the bathroom. I'll go check on her." Maliah suggested.

I locked the bathroom door and looked at myself in the mirror. I tried to control my breathing but it was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Occupied!"

"Alaïah, it's me. Open up."

"Why on earth would I open the door for you? You're a psychopath that deserves to be locked up."

"Alaïah, you don't understand. I never did all those things to you out of choice. You of all people should know how controlling that man is. He threatened my family and tormented me into doing those things to you. I never went out with him before uni. I only knew of him from what you told me. He forced me to play along in making your life miserable and I'm so, sorry.

"I tried to stop him Alaïah, I tried. But I didn't want to put my family at risk. I'm so sorry for everything you went through and if I could go back and fix it, I would."

I opened to door when I heard her voice break and embraced her into a hug.

"Its okay. It's not your fault. I should have known that someone like you would never hurt me the way he did. But where is he now?"

"In jail. For-" I held her shoulders in comfort as she tried to get the rest of her sentence out.

"Murder. My aunt's murder."

"Oh, Maliah. I'm so sorry such a horrible man had to take her like that. But at least he's gone now. It's just horrible that it had to be at your loved one's expense." I said as I assessed this bitter sweet moment in my head.

He's gone. He's finally gone.

"Alaïah." Jesse said, bursting into the bathroom with Trent closely behind him.

"What happened. Why are you two crying?"

"You know, hormones and stuff." I said unconvincingly.

"Alright, so.... are you done?"

"Yeah, I think so." I chuckled as we all headed back out.

Me and Maliah caught up for the rest of the night until basically everyone had left.

"So, Jesse. Where exactly am I supposed to sleep?" He grabbed my hand and took me upstairs. We entered a bedroom and he turned on the light.

"Here, if it's good enough for you." He said sarcastically.

"I mean, it's alright I guess."

"Good." He chuckled. He sat on the bed scrolling through his phone as I entered the bathroom to have a shower.

Once I finished I realised that I had nothing to change into.

"Ugh!"

"What?"

"I have no clothes."

"Come and get some then."

"But.. but I'm in a towel."

"Do you want me to close my eyes?"

"Yeah, and if you dare open them!"

"I won't!"

I came out and went into the drawer.

"Wait I can't just rummage through someone's clothes."

"Don't worry, they're mine. This is my room. Mike is my uncle."

"Oh, I see where you get your annoying side from then."

I continue looking through the clothes and find a plain t-shirt and pull it over my head.

"Umm, you don't happen to have any women's pants do you? Clean!"

"No not really. You'll just have to keep your legs closed, reduce the spread of odour."

"Jesse!"

"I'm joking, just put some boxers on or something." He said as he opened his eyes.

"You're lucky I'm dressed." I said just as pulled up the boxers.

"That was close." He said with a cheeky grin on his face.

I got in the covers as he got a blanket and pillow and placed the on the floor.

"What are you doing?"

"Sleeping on the floor."

"Oh, okay."

"This is the bit where you offer to share the bed."

"Umm, no I think I'm fine actually." He did those dumb puppy eyes and stuck his bottom lip out.

"Fine, but if you touch me, there will be consequences." He held his hands up in defence.

We both lay on the opposite sides of the bed with a reasonable gap between us.

"Umm, Alaïah? Maliah asked if you have any pads and paracetamol."

"What does she need cotton pads and paracetamol for- Oh. Nevermind."

"Oh, Jesse." I said shaking my head and going to my handbag.

"Tell her to come in." He did as he was told and brought her over. Whilst she was in the bathroom I got back in bed. She came out, and placed herself between me and Jesse. She grabbed my arm to put over her shoulder.

"Umm, Maliah?" Trent called.

"Leave me alone, I'm trying to sleep." I glanced over at him with a smirk.

"I stole ya girl." I joked.

"I'm going to play Fifa." He said in defeat, leaving the room.

"Yeah, me too. There's no space here." Jesse said as he switched off the light and left us alone.

Now, if you were to tell me this morning that by the end of the day I would be sleeping in Jesse Lingard's uncle's house, with Jesse's underwear on, next to Maliah Johnson, I would have had a laughing fit.

And yet, here I am.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 25 13
I looked up into his eyes they still didn't lose their hard glare. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or if this was some way of making me let g...
194K 4.7K 30
COMPLETED | ❝Her daddy told her how to fix cars, maybe she could fix me.❞
115K 4.4K 32
"Wait, I love you." He said and I immediately stopped in my tracks. I turned around and looked at him. He was sobbing. He seemed to be in so much pai...
130 87 17
"Your dad's special speech is about to start, so I'm going downstairs." I said as I looked up at him. He didn't answer so I gave him a small smile an...