A New World (Lesbian Story)

By _Dahlia_xox

After a mind-crippling traumatic experience, Gwendolyn has to find a way to forge on, forgetting her painful... More

A New World
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 29

733 53 2
By _Dahlia_xox

Gwen's P.O.V.

It's been a pretty smooth transition, transferring schools and all. Mrs. and Mr. Piccoli have been a major help in setting up my house and making my home feel like home. Mr. Piccoli kept his promise and hasn't told Chrissy about me and I'm amazed that it hasn't slipped. It's only been a month but still, things happen. Another plus about this house is that it has a built in security system with around the clock surveillance, so I don't have to worry about Kyle or anyone else.

Lincoln memorial is a pretty good school as well. The people here are welcoming and even though I speak to literally two people, they all treat me like I'm family. It's a strange feeling, being accepted so easily but I like it.

Although I couldn't join the basketball team, I was still able to join the majority of the clubs, most of which surrounded the schools athletic teams. So, in reality, I go to just about every game and watch them play for free. Speaking of games, there next one is today actually and they're facing, you guessed it, the Eagles. It's an out of conference game, obviously, and Rick is dragging me there because he has some obsession with Chrissy. I think it's cute but he doesn't have enough courage to speak with her so he wants me to do it. When I haven't spoken to her in weeks. I haven't spoken to any of them in weeks. Including Jen. She probably hates me by now and I don't blame her.

I left without saying anything to anyone and all of the messages that they sent me were never read. I had Rick delete them all because I was afraid of what they might say. Here I am calling Rick a coward when I can't even face my own decisions. Don't get me wrong, I want to talk to Jen but I'm not sure how I can. Hey Jen, I've been giving you the cold shoulder for weeks but I want to talk now! What's up? Yeah. That's not gonna happen.

I want to speak with her though. Badly. I want to tell her that I miss her and that I'm sorry and that I'm getting better but I doubt she'll listen. I mean, why give me the time of day? I never gave her a chance after all the shit she put herself through just for my sake. God I'm a terrible person.

"Hey, cheer up champ! Why the long face?" Rick asks as he takes his eyes off the road momentarily, studying my face. Before I can respond Rebecca grabs my cheeks from the back seat, forcing me to smile.

"Yeah champ, why the long face?" She mimics Ricks tone, making her sound more childish as she laughs at herself. These are the people that I surround myself with on a daily basis. Rick, like myself, lives out here and drives back and forth just to help out Sue. Apparently he doesn't mind the drive because he knows that it's a good cause. Rebecca lives out here too, obviously, and she's just a ball of energy. In some ways, she reminds me of Lauren because they both have the ability to make the dullest moments enjoyable.

Laughing silently at them, I tell them nothing and go back to thinking about her. I wonder how she's been. Has she changed? Will she hate me? Hell, I'm gonna kill myself thinking about it before I can actually see for myself.

"Hey Champ, relax. You'll be okay. Don't freak, they miss you just as much as you miss them, believe me." He gives a reassuring smile before giving the road his full attention. We sit in silence as we continue our drive towards the high school. Ricks words keep playing repeatedly in my head and I can't quite figure out why. Is it because he's too sure? I mean how can he be that positive? Unless....

"When was the last time you spoke with them Rick?" We're at a red light as his changes songs on his iPod. It's obvious that he knows something because he's pretending like he doesn't hear me. "Rick." I repeat sternly and he visibly shudders.

"Well. Yesterday, when I was helping out Sue they were all there... Talking about you, actually. That one Dahlia girl told them that you were kicked out but they don't know where you live, only the direction."

Waiting patiently, I watch as he pulls into the parking lot of Richard-Grant High school. I know he has more to say but he's afraid to say it. "Rick."

"Okay okay. Imighthavetoldjenthatyoumissher." His words, rushed, enter my ears separately and slowly. She nows that I think about her. She knows. I mean it can't be all that bad, right? She was going as far to talk to Dahlia to get information about me so she must miss me too.

Unbuckling my seatbelt, I slide out of the car and into the bitter cold, hastily walking towards the entrance of the school. Rick and Rebecca walk sluggishly behind, I guess trying to void my anger but I'm not angry. I'm actually pretty elated. She knows that she's been on my mind and I know I've been on hers.

Entering the school doors, I'm immediately ambushed by my own schools basketball team as they struggle to find the locker room. Laughing slightly, I lead them towards where they have to be which is right across from the main gym. Rick and Rebecca have already made themselves at home, sitting in the middle of the bleachers and waiting for my arrival. Smiling, I make my ways towards them only to be stopped by Dahlia and her group of friends.

"Gwen? Is that really you?" Her eyes take me in as she slowly walks up to me, afraid that I'd run off if she made any sudden movements. Jesus.

"Hey Dahlia. How are you?" I ask, tilting my head slightly to the left to get a good look at the people I used to hang out with. Hayley and Megan were absent, being apart of school spirit things and what not. Her arms are instantly around my neck once she hears me speak, proof that I'm actually here. Untangling myself from her, I slowly slink away, claiming that I had pictures to take. It wasn't a compete lie, I mean I do have a camera with me it just isn't mine. It's Becca's.

"Hey can we borrow her for a sec?" Rick says as he gently tugs on my arm, not waiting for a response from her. Thanking him, we both make our way up the bleachers were Becca waits impatiently for her camera.

"Took you long enough. The games about to start so sit your asses down." Got to love her.

The crowd erupts in cheer as their home team charges out, signaling the band to start its anthem. Parents holler for their daughters and students chant for their friends. It's a good atmosphere and I'd be lying if I said I don't miss being on the court, having all these people cheering me on but it couldn't be helped. This is the best that I'd get and I'm fine with that.

Our team makes an appearance and there is just as much hype for our team as their was for theirs. Cheering obnoxiously, I turn to my peers and they only get more excited. They all stand behind me as I cheer the girls on, knowing that it would be a great game. Becca takes this as a chance to get quick snaps of our student section in action.

The crowd falls silent as the announcer begins rattling off the staring players for either team and my heart nearly explodes when Jen's name flies from his mouth. She gets up, her team cheering her on the whole time, and makes her ways towards the our team captain. They shake hands as the announcer brings up the next girl but my eyes are stuck to Jen. She looks so good. The uniform fits her so well and her athletic frame makes her look so much better. Her eyes momentarily search the crowd and butterfly erupt in my stomach as she they scan over my section but don't find me.

"Hey G, don't you think you should be with the athletic trainers since you're like an aid or something." Rick reminds me as I snake my way out of the crowd and towards my team bench. Taking a seat at the end, I watch as the game starts off hot. Our team wins jump ball and Stacy makes a lay up within the first few seconds of the game.

Ms. Morgan comes up behind me, two other aids by her side as they take seats around me. "Alright guys, don't forget, we are helping here for emergencies. Clare, that means no running out if someone falls and instantly gets back up." Clare turns her head, a light blush playing upon her cheeks as she nods her head.

The game wages on and it's pretty intense. We're up by three but every time we take the lead they get their heads out of their asses and catch right back up with us. I like it. The closeness of the game. The adrenaline that comes with it. You're so close to winning and you get goose bumps because you know it's a good game. God. I'm not even playing and I can feel it.

There's a scramble for the ball and I can already see the injury happening. Stacy and Lauren are both diving for the ball, ignoring each others presence, then their heads collide. Ronni trips over both their bodies, landing on her arm and from the dead silence of the game, the cracking is the only thing that's heard. Already out of my seat, I rush over to her side since she has the most severe injury.

"Hey, it's okay but I need you to not freak out and to not move, alright?" Her eyes wide, staying focused on the ceiling as I try to keep her attention. "Ronni, hun, listen to me. Can you hear me?" She nods her head slightly, still not saying a word. Ms. Morgan is already by my side, taking care of the harder alerts.

"The ambulance is on the way and I've got it wrapped as best I can. I need you to keep her talking though." Nodding my head, I give Ronni my undivided attention.

"Ronni is this your first break?" She just nods her head, refusing to look at her arm which is a good thing. It's a clean break, doesn't break the skin completely but it will take time to heal. We spend the few minutes talking as she calms herself down enough to actually use words. The paramedics eventually burst through the doors, quickly assessing the scene and taking Ronni with them.

By the time I make it back inside, the game has continued so I decide to watch from the hallway. Players from either team walk down the hall towards me but I pay them no mind. It was the last quarter and we are up one.

"..Gwen.." My body freezes at the sound of her voice. I didn't want to move but my heart made me. She is already attacking me in a hug before I can see her beautiful face. Her arms wrap themselves around my neck as mine hold on to her for dear life.

This feels so right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
26.7K 1.3K 53
Will I survive this crazy ride of life will it ever end will it ever even begin at some point will. I always have forgiven or will she always have me...
3.6K 142 49
(What if you broke someone's heart?) When KJ Parker left for college, she left her true love, her last name, sexuality and the drama of high school...
1.7M 38.5K 28
She scoots the leather seat closer to the hospital bed and lays her head on the soft mattress. She puts her hands together and begins to pray. It wa...