Hooking Nash

By BlueEyedSwede

Nash Reed is a hot commodity, both on and off the ice. When his childhood friend Kennedy moves to town, the t... More

It's Official
New York City
Hockey Players
Abandoned At The Bar
Hockey Star's Lonely Night
Hockey Game
Quick Release
Unexpected Gifts
O'Reilly's
Hockey Star's Travel
Lunch with Coworkers
Dinner With The Reeds
Drinks With Players
Late Night Conversations
Sound Effects
It's Heating Up
The Aftermath
Hockey Practice
Childhood Friends Have Date Night
Is This Love?
What Are Friends For?
Misery
Honesty
Love Me
A New Normal
Newsworthy
Teasing
Game Day
Games and Trains
Bare
The Assistant
Jackson
Identified
Work and Work Out
Protective Instincts
Paparazzi
Girls Night In
Hockey Star Sends Gifts
Players Night Out
Flash Back
Hockey Star Makes an Announcement
Couples Travel
Sun, Sand and Surprises
Engagement Party
The Day After
Back to Work
New Opportunities
Sequel

New York Empires

215K 6K 641
By BlueEyedSwede

KENNEDY

I woke up, with a hangover, to an empty apartment. The room was spinning and I closed my eyes and groaned out loud.

Why the hell did I think it was a good idea to have four martinis last night?

I dragged my way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. My head felt like it was about to explode. I started the coffee pot and poured myself a glass of orange juice and downed a couple of Advil while I waited for the coffee to finish. It was cold in the apartment. I walked back into my room to put on a sweater when I noticed exactly what I was wearing.

What the hell?

I almost dropped the glass of orange juice when I remembered last night. That I had changed in the bathroom and walked out in front of Nash's looking like this.

What the actual hell was wrong with me?

The pajamas were an old warn thing. It was tight and did not leave much to the imagination. I shook my head in embarrassment.

What the hell did Nash think about that?

God, we were friends. Friends didn't undress or wear skimpy things like that in front of each other. But then again, he was used to seeing me in shorts and tank tops. We had known each other forever. He had seen me in bathing suits and I am pretty sure in my underwear a few times too, when he came barging into my room a couple of times in high school. But it felt different now somehow. We were adults and we hadn't seen each other in a while.

Damn, I should know better.

"Why would you do that? I asked myself out loud while I started to feel very embarrassed about my actions.

I knew why, though. I had been drunk and tired. The pajamas were under my pillow. I had just grabbed them and changed in the bathroom when I took my contact lenses out. I hadn't thought anything of it. Unless I subconsciously had been aware of what I was doing? Did I want to show Nash what he was missing?

God, I hope not.

He had kissed me on the lips, though, right? Just before he left. Or had that been a dream? He had also called me beautiful.

"Oh, damn," I sighed. I really hoped he didn't think differently of me after that.

I changed into a pair of leggings and an oversized shirt and was sitting on the couch with a book in my lap when Sammy walked in the door right before noon. Along with her came the smell of greasy fries.

"Hey. I got fries, burgers, and milkshakes. It is the perfect hangover remedy," she called out as the door closed behind her.

I smiled. She was right. The greasy food had been our go-to meal in college after some of the wilder parties we had been to.

"Thank god! I think that's just what I need."

She put the bags down on the table and grabbed a roll of paper towels from the kitchen. We sat down opposite each other at the small kitchen table and dug in.

"So what happened last night?" Sammy asked with her mouth full of French fries. "Who was the tall handsome guy you were with?"

"What happened to me?" I chuckled. "What the hell happened to you is a better question. Since when do you go home with a guy just like that?"

She blushed and shook her head. "You first."

I rolled my eyes at her and popped another warm salty fry in my mouth. They were so good. It really hit the spot, just like it used to.

"That was Josh Sampson. He's one of the forwards for the New York Empires."

Sammy nodded her head. Her mouth was full of food so I waited for her to finish chewing. "I thought I recognized him from somewhere. So what happened?"

"Nothing really happened. He's getting us tickets for tomorrow's game."

"What?" Her eyes popped wide open. "Get the hell out!" She yelled.

I laughed at the look on her face. Her eyes were huge as she stared over at me. "I'm serious."

"Wow! That's so freaking cool. And you said nothing happened. That's not nothing." She took a bite of her burger while she studied me. "Why is he getting you tickets? How did you manage that?"

"He offered and I accepted. He gave me his number too."

"What?" She fumbled and almost dropped her burger. "No? You got his number?" she almost shouted.

"Mhm."

"Damn girl!" she said and gave me an impressed look. "And for your information that is absolutely not nothing!"

I laughed, glad that she was excited about Josh. Hopefully, that would keep the conversation away from Nash.

"You want to go right? To the game?" I asked her.

"Hell yeah!"

I picked up my vanilla milkshake with a smile on my lips and took a long drink. It tasted so good and it was just what I needed.

"Tell me what happened with you and the guy?"

Sammy gave me a wink. "His name is Keith."

"Right. You did text me that."

I got up from the table and started to clear it off while Sam started her story.

"He is some kind of bank manager. I can't remember where, but he was really nice."

"Uh huh." I watched as she started to blush again

"We talked most of the night and then we left to go back to his apartment. He only lives a couple of blocks from the bar so we walked."

"And..." I fished for more information.

Sammy blushed and looked down at the table. "I like him. We fooled around and then we went to sleep. We didn't have sex or nothing."

"Okay. Are you gonna see him again?"

"I think so. We exchanged numbers and he said he wanted to take me out for dinner."

I went back to the table and sat back down in my chair to finish the milkshake. I met Sammy's eyes and she looked happy as she gave me a quick smile.

"That's good. I'm happy for you."

"Thanks! It has been a while since I was on a date. I'm really looking forward to it."

"Did you decide when you are going?"

"No. He said he would text me."

I just nodded my head. I hoped for her sake that he would text her and wasn't just saying that. She deserved to be happy. Nash had said we should go out too, to catch up. Should I text him and thank him for taking me home last night? Maybe it would be better if I just thanked him tomorrow after the game...

Sammy slapped the table with her hand and startled me. "Holy shit!" She yelled, her eyes suddenly huge. "How the fuck did you get back here last night?"

I started to laugh. It had taken her until now to worry about that. She must have really been interested in the proper looking Keith. "Nash brought me back."

"Oh, girl!" she grinned like a cat that had just gotten a bowl of cream. "What happened with that sexy man?"

"Nothing happened."

She raised her eyebrow and gave me a knowing smirk. "You said that nothing happened with that Josh guy either, and then you told me he's getting you game tickets."

I rolled my eyes and it kind of hurt my head. The food helped but I still had a hangover. "He walked me in and we said good night. That's it."

"That is it?"

"Yeah. We are gonna meet up during the week to catch up, but that's it."

For some reason  I didn't want to tell her about the soft kiss he gave me before he left. Or that he called me beautiful. It felt too special to be shared. I wanted to keep that information to myself.

******

Josh texted me on Sunday morning to let me know that the tickets were ready and where in the Garden I could pick them up. It was an afternoon game so Sammy and I took our time in the morning. I got my clothes and stuff ready for my first day at the new job: aa black pencil skirt with a cream blouse and a matching jacket. I was going to pair it with my black heels and my pearls. It was probably the most professional looking outfit I had. Once I got a real feel for the office, I would be better able to figure out what would be appropriate work attire for the future. For now it would have to be the clothes I had from Chicago.

After we got ourselves ready, we went out for a late but very good breakfast.

Madison Square Garden was already buzzing by the time we got there. It was crowded but we found our way inside relatively fast. Josh had given perfect directions and we had no problem picking up the tickets. The seats were, just like I had expected, incredible. We were just a few rows behind where the Empires' team box was.

"This is so awesome." Sammy was grinning with her entire face. She kept turning her head to take it all in. 

"Yeah, these are great seats for sure. They must be worth a fortune."

"Do you want to go get a beer or something?"

"Ugh, I am not sure I want anything that contains alcohol. I probably had enough Friday night to last me a couple of months."

Sammy laughed. "Come on," she said and nudged my arm. "Let's get a beer. One won't kill you."

"Fine."

She was right. I could handle one beer and it may have helped calm my nerves down a little bit too. My emotions were running all over the place. I had grown up watching hockey. Being in a large hockey arena was nothing new to me. The temperature, sounds, and scents were all familiar. I was excited to be at the game and to watch Nash play, but I was even more excited to just see him.

The lights started to flash and it was time for the teams to come on the ice. The music was blasting and people were shouting and cheering. The atmosphere was incredible and I had to admit that it was nothing like I had ever felt before at a hockey game. The Garden was almost full to capacity. The two seats next to me were empty but the rest of the rows around us were full. Sammy was bouncing up and down next to me and squealing like a kid at a carnival.

The Empires players took the ice and I spotted Nash right away. The announcer introduced the players and the crowd was roaring when Nash Reed's name got called. He took a sharp turn and did a fast loop around the ice together with some of his teammates.

"Oh, my god," Sammy squeaked next to me and grabbed a hold of my arm. "This is so freaking exciting."

I smiled back at her but keep my focus on Nash. His moves were both familiar and breathtaking all at the same time. Boy could he move that incredible body around. I spotted Josh and Mitchell as well and pointed them out to Sammy.

The teams lined up in the middle of the ice and took their helmets off. The entire audience, us included, rose to their feet for the national anthem. I watched Nash as his eyes were busy scanning the crowd like he was searching for someone. I knew his parents and brother weren't there. His parents were on some cruise somewhere. At least that was what my parents had told me. They still keep in touch with Nash's parents even though the Reeds had sold the house and moved into a townhouse a couple of years ago. They had also bought a house in Florida and spent most of the cold season down there.

Nash's eyes locked on mine and I felt my heart skip a beat. He was so impressive looking in his Empires uniform. There was a small smirk on his lips and that warmed me. I knew he was happy I came there to watch him.

The game started and Nash and Josh were both on the ice. I cheered loudly as Nash rounded one of the opposing players and passed the puck over to Josh who took a shot at the goal. He just misses the net and the crowd sighed in tune with each other. Nash got into the booth. I watched him sit down on the bench three rows ahead of us. He picked up a bottle of water and took a few sips before he threw it down on the ground. He turned and locked his eyes on mine and I give him the thumbs up. He flashed me a full grin in return and turned back to the game.

"Holy shit," some girl squeaked behind us. "Did you just see Nash Reed look up here? He's so hot!"

"I know," said a different voice.

Sammy gave me an amused look. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Can't argue with that," I said and she started to laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 49.3K 43
Eighteen-year-old Nat falls for five different boys during her first month at college, but never openly admits her crushes - until one night she drun...
1.2M 47.9K 33
Joelle Morrow has her focus set on the future. As an up-and-coming lingerie designer, she's overcome multiple setbacks on the road to achieving her d...
524K 11.3K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...
2.8M 68.3K 48
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝Our eyes met, Our bodies touched, Our hearts fell.....all the way down in love,❞ A Shy Senior Year College Girl A P...