Black & Blue |C. Cullen|

By silent-sister

In which a troubled girl finds solace in something god-like. [Carlisle Cullen X Female OC] TW: ABUSE, SUICIDE... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
EPILOGUE

SEVENTEEN

5.1K 142 6
By silent-sister

I sat in the corner of the tent that had been pitched high up on the mountain as we waited for the night to pass so that we could be safe from the army of newborns coming for us. I wasn't able to fall asleep, it had nothing to do with the cold as I was wrapped in blankets and jackets; temperature-wise, I was quite content.

Bella, on the other hand, had been shivering the entire night. Edward sat on the opposite side of the tent, as far away from Bella as he could manage without being outside of the actual tent so that his temperature would not influence the situation. Nothing seemed to help, however, and Edward spent the majority of the night apologising over and over.

The zipper of the tent moved and Jacob came inside, "I can't sleep with all of this teeth chattering."

"Absolutely not," Edward spat, I looked at the two boys with confusion across my face.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"She's going to need her toes someday," Jacob ignored me and spoke to Edward.

Edward gave a death glare to Jacob and the two grew defensive, "Someone tell me what's going on," I instructed.

"He wants to lay with her," Edward spat.

"She'll freeze if I don't," Jacob responded.

"Here, Jacob keep your thoughts to yourself and don't act like a toddler. Edward, he's got a point, she'll be better off with the warmth," I suggested.

Jacob laid behind Bella and her shivering subsided quickly, "You'd get warmer faster if you took your clothes off. Survival 101," Jacob smirked.

"You're ridiculous," I spat.

Everyone waited for Bella to fall asleep. I checked my phone and noticed a few texts from Carlisle, I answered them and decided that I would spend the entirety of the next day sleeping after we returned home from the fight.

"I'm better for her than you are," Jacob stated, "She won't die if she's with me," Bella was asleep by the time he had said this.

"I know you are," Edward replied, my gaze was ripped away from my phone and I looked at him with such confusion. "I'm too selfish to leave her."

"She'll die being with you," Jacob spat.

"I don't want that. She wants that, I never wanted it," Edward explains.

"Why don't you leave her, then?" Jacob asked.

"Because I love her," Edward stated, "and she loves me."

"She loves me, too," Jacob said.

"I know that," Edward nodded.

"So you have it, too, that crazy jealousy?" Jacob asked.

"Yes, but I'm not so much of a fool that I wear it on my sleeve," Edward scoffed. "It does not benefit you, you know."

"It may," Jacob smirked.

"Of course, your claim to be upset all of the time. You use that."

"She takes it."

"I'm not so sure about that."

That seemed to quiet Jacob down, he started to doze off and he eventually fell asleep. I continued to play with my phone as I had a case that would charge it. I looked at the letters I had for online scrabble and looked at the computerised board.

"Play 'gore' to the very left using the 'e' in 'jute'," Edward spoke.

I laughed quietly, "Thanks. Hey, are you all right?"

He nodded slowly, "He gets under my skin."

"I know the feeling," I smirked, "You just have to tell yourself that he's not worth it or you're going to spend the rest of his lifetime in this turmoil." I stopped speaking and looked up, "Not like you should feel inclined to take my advice as you are clearly far older and far wiser than me."

He produced a crooked smile and looked down, "I may be far older than you, but you are very wise, Jessamine. You might be one of the few true definitions of an old soul."

"I take pride in my intelligence. It's the only positive thing that I will admit about myself. I like to think that my terrible upbringing is what provided me with my intelligence; that way I don't think that it was all for nothing."

He nodded, "Are you sure you don't need sleep?"

"I couldn't possibly fall asleep now. I'm quite content under blankets with my weapons, not like I'll have to use them, it's just extra security," I explained.

"I understand. Well, the Sun should be rising soon, therefore we're a few hours closer to this mess being over with," Edward commented and I nodded.

I switched between my phone and my weapons as I waited for the Sun to rise. As soon as it did, I shed my blankets and stepped out of the tent to greet Seth. He sat on the ground and looked up at me with somewhat of a joyful face, I pet his head before finding a spot in a nearby tree to perch myself in with my crossbow in hand.

I waited and watched as Edward and Bella spoke to each other outside of the tent. They spoke of their engagement, something that Jacob had not been aware of. "You're getting married?" Jacob aggressively questioned before storming off.

"Jake, wait!" Bella chased after him.

"So petty," I smirked at Edward before bursting out into a chorus of laughter.

He smiled back at me before his face dropped as he listened in on the conversation between his fiance and Jacob. After a few moments, Bella came back to the centre of the area. "You saw," she said.

"No, but Jacob's thoughts were pretty loud," Edward smirked.

"I love you," she stated.

"You love him, too," Edward noted.

"I love you more," she came close to him, he nodded and kissed her forehead.

Seth came over to the group and looked towards Edward. "It's started," Edward announced and continued to look at Seth. "Jacob just got there," he noted and Bella tensed. A few more moments passed before Edward's face dropped, "She's nearby."

"Seth, go," Bella commanded and the little wolf walked off and away from the makeshift campsite.

"Stand behind me," Edward instructed Bella, he then looked up at me and nodded once as he saw that I was already looking out.

Riley Biers appeared in front of Edward, Edward gave a hand signal that told me to hold back. I continued to watch in a prepared stance, but I did not fire. Victoria appeared behind Riley, she had an awkward sneer across her face.

"She does not love you, Riley. She is here for revenge, not whatever she has constructed in your mind. She is here to avenge her true mate, James," Edward explained.

"That's not true, Riley, I love you. I told you about their mind games," Victoria pleaded.

"She's lying, Riley, think about it," Edward pressed, "She knows that I'll kill you. She wants me to kill you so that she does not have to deal with you anymore."

Riley looked between Edward and Victoria for a moment and then things grew chaotic from there. Bodies flashed around as a fight broke out, I attempted to focus on the enemies, but everything moved too quickly. Seth jumped up and tore Riley's head off, I wasn't sure whether to feel pity or joy and Riley didn't know what he was getting himself into.

Victoria held Edward in a headlock and his skin started to crack like ice. I rested my finger on the trigger, but something distracted her before I pulled it. I looked over to Bella and noticed that she held a sharp rock to her arm, she was bleeding. Victoria lunged for her, but Edward got to her and ripped her head off before she could reach Bella.

He ripped a piece of her shirt off and wrapped it around the cut, he then held her close. I jumped down from the tree and came closer to them. Edward took Bella on his back down to the clearing and Seth took me. I held on tight as he ran quickly. When he stopped moving, I opened my eyes and sat up.

Carlisle helped me off of Seth and he ran off to join the rest of his pack. Carlisle held me close as we waited for the Volturi to show up. The first thing that happened when they got there was an awkward remembrance of the last time that I had been in their presence. Felix glared at me, but Alec and Jane both smiled at me.

"I see you've found other company, Jessamine," Jane smirked.

"What can I say? I grew tired of Italy," I shrugged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862K 27.2K 34
π‡π”πŒπ€ππˆπ“π˜ ━━ βœ§Λ–*. | ❝Her human-like personality and traits make my heart flutter. I hated it at first, but now I know. I know that she is real...
180K 2.6K 41
This is a Jasper Hale love story everyone enjoy
16.2K 457 14
IN WHICH - Sabine Cullen knows that Jasper Hale is her soulmate, but flat out refuses to tell him. @-toodeviant / 2023
31.7K 518 26
Trigger Warning: This book mentions abuse and suicide attempt that might not be appropriate for certain readers Lilith Valiente is a high school st...