Alter-ego//Bungou Stray Dogs...

By -mimosa-

In which you are a different person in every story. alter ego /ˌɒltər ˈiːɡəʊ,ˌɔːltər ˈiːɡəʊ/ noun a person's... More

Before we begin
mark| daddy issues
chuuya| why?
mark| listen
osamu| the bride's song
osamu| it all started when my mom met my dad
chuuya| my happy ending (1)
chuuya| my happy ending (2)
chuuya| my happy ending (3)
ANOTHER DRUNK ONE SHOT
something, something
doppo| smoke and mirrors
I'M SO LATE
yandere! atsushi| happy sugar life (1)
Tokyo Ghoul related
yandere! atsushi| happy sugar life (2)
ranpo| the death of edogawa ranpo (1)
ranpo| the death of edogawa ranpo (2)
poe| the mystery in his heart
chuuya| ready, aim, fire (1)
chuuya| ready, aim, fire (2)
For you
yandere! chuuya| but tonight you belong to me
Requests are welcomed

ryūnosuke| it's been a while

6.5K 176 114
By -mimosa-

This one was requested by: --oscriitoare

Hope you like it uwu

Neutral reader, yo

And kinda ooc Akutagawa ;^;

[Angst/Fluff]

"This is all I could get"

The faint voice of the sick child reached the ears of two other children as they were hugging each other in an attempt to stay warm in the white, cold night of December.

The black haired boy took off his ragged coat which had a few holes in it and covered his little sister as the other child got up and muttered some incoherent words.

"Hurt..."

They muttered.

The black haired boy looked away.

"I just fell"

The other child was on the brink of tears.

"L-lie... Lie..."

The environment they lived in made it hard for the child to learn how to talk, read or write. They both understood each other only in a few words.

Incoherent words which soon turned into cries fell from the chapped lips of the child as the other started to panic, hugging them tightly.

"[F/N], I'm fine! Really! Don't cry... Don't cry... Don't cry... Don't..."

"L...lie...! Lie!"

"I'm fine, I swear... Please, stop crying... I'm here now..."

Please...

Don't cry...

I'm here...

I'm here...

"Lie... Lie... Lie!"

"[Y/N]..."

"You... Promise! You!"

He promised...

He said he will always be there for you...

Didn't he?

"Akutagawa-kun"

A brown haired man placed his hand on the boy's shoulder who stiffened up in an instant at the touch before the same man grabbed a little girl's hand and said:

"Say your last goodbye"

"N-no! No!"

It was getting harder to talk, let alone breathe or see through the blur of tears.

"[Y/N]"

"No..."

"Farewell"

They left...

They were almost nowhere to be seen...

The children who grew up together like siblings got separated on this cursed day...

The promise of together forever was broken...

And their heart was cut to pieces...

"R... R-Ryū... Ryū... Ryū!!"

He heard their screams...

But couldn't go back to them...

He promised a better life for his little sister, even if it meant leaving them behind...

Even if it meant joining the Port Mafia.

But a question bothered him...

"D-Dazai-san..."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"W-why can't t-they come with u-us?"

"Akutagawa-kun"

"Y-yes?"

"The Port Mafia is a strong organization. You will be under my command. Neither Port Mafia or me need weaklings"

And there were no questions asked anymore...

.
.
.

Time skip
5 years later

"Akutagawa-Senpai! Akutagawa-Senpai!"

The mentioned male, Akutagawa Ryūnosuke, already felt an irk mark popping on his forehead when he heard his subordinate, Ichiyō Higuchi, calling him.

"What is it, Higuchi?" He asked in a monotonous voice, looking at the blonde woman from behind his shoulder

"Boss wants you in his office!" She blurted out before she took a deep breath to regain her normal breathing from running almost in the whole Port Mafia's headquarters after her Senpai

Akutagawa clicked his tongue in annoyance and proceed to do so.

That until...

He saw someone wearing a black hood, some strands of [H/C] hair being out of it as a black mask covered their mouth.

But those eyes...

Those beautiful [E/C] orbs that shone like crystals in that cold day of December...

Could that be...?

No.

Akutagawa shook his head and the moment he looked in front of him, the mysterious person was nowhere to be seen.

"It can't be them" he thought. "They might be even... Dead"

A knock landed on the door of the office before a "Come in" was heard.

Followed by a characteristic cough, Akutagawa opened the door and closed it behind him, not even getting the chance to properly excuse himself when...

"Excuse me for the sudden intrus--"

"Ryū!"

That voice...

Confusion bubbled inside him when he was engulfed in a hug out of nowhere and that resulted for him to not have a proper reaction at all.

But then, when he recognized the person who was hugging him...

He felt... Happiness...

Sadness...

Confusion...

"[Y-Y/N]...?" He muttered

You looked up at him and smiled brightly, closing your eyes.

His heart skipped a bit.

"Akutagawa-kun, this is [L/N] [Y/N]-kun" said Mori as you slowly let go of the mentioned male. "But it seems like you already know each other"

"We grew up together. Right, Ryū?" You said with a smile

He was so confused and shocked that no word came from him.

You giggled at his reaction.

"[L/N]-kun is our newest member" said Mori. "They're going to be Mafia's new assassin and also your subordinate. Isn't that great, Akutagawa-kun~?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Now, now, you two go ahead" Mori waved his hand as you grabbed Akutagawa by his wrist and walked away. "It seems like you two have a lot to catch up"

"Thank you, boss! See you later!" you waved your hand before walking out of the office

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

WAIT.

"Wait a second, [Y/N]!" Akutagawa yelled, taking his hand back. "What the hell is going on?! How are you still alive?! How are you here?! Is this some kind of sick joke?! How can you talk so well now?! What happened while I was gone?!"

You stayed silent at his sudden outburst and only listened to what he had to say.

When he finished, you smiled.

That smile...

That smile which always made him feel better when you were kids...

Oh, where have it been?

And what he have done so great to have it back?

"Ryū" you called as you took both of his hands in yours. "That night when you and Gin-chan left, I thought of myself as the weakest person alive. Weak because I couldn't protect you... Weak because I couldn't help you... Weak because I couldn't fight for you... Weak because I couldn't stop that man from taking you away... Weak because I couldn't come with you, that night. You see, Ryū... I'm not as strong as you are... And I'll never be... But that night... That night made me think abut a lot of things... If I remained weak, I would have never been able to see you again... So I told myself that I have to get strong... To run after you... To catch up with you... To grab you by the hand and tell you that "I'm here now"... That we won't be separated again... Ryū... All of this... I did all of this for you... Because I missed you... I had to reunite with you... I couldn't live without the one I grew up with..."

He was at a loss of words.

He looked into your eyes before you hugged him tightly and sighed.

"No... I'm not strong... I'm the weak one here..." He thought. "If I were strong, I... I could have protected you... I could have taken you with me and you wouldn't have had to suffer..."

But he couldn't mutter those words outloud...

He was thankful for you to be there with him...

"I'm here now, Ryū... I'm here..."

.
.
.

Time skip
Next day
Evening

He was waiting for them.

Waiting at a stop sign, checking his watch from time to time, occasionally pushing his glasses with tinted lenses on the bridge of his nose.

His grip on his silver suitcase got tighter by every minute that passed.

He sighed a little.

On the road, there was a certain someone in a car, driving back from work to finally go home.

And that certain someone was Higuchi.

And when she spotted Akutagawa...

"Akutagawa-Senpai..." She dreamily muttered as she looked at him out on the window, trying to calm her moment of fangirling, blushing madly. "He finished work! Calm down! Keep calm, Higuchi!"

Her plan was simple.

She was going to offer her Senpai a drive home and him, to thank her, he would ask her if she would like to go for some tea.

Well, that's what she pictured it would be like.

"That's it!" She exclaimed excited. "Do it casually! Maybe he will..."

"Would you like to drink some tea?"

"...Say so and invite me!"

She squealed in excitement before her attention got back on the window and her whole moment of fangirling came to an end.

Higuchi spotted a handsome man/beautiful woman approaching Akutagawa before they hugged him tightly and he hugged them back. He was even... smiling a bit?!

"It's been a while" Akutagawa said as the man/woman smiled innocently

"Come on, Ryū~" you giggled as you both started to walk away. "You saw me yesterday"

"You're right" he sighed. "Let's go, now"

Higuchi looked after the two of you until your figures couldn't be seen.

Her face twisted in shock, sadness and a tiny bit of disgust.

Higuchi fell on her seat, looking at the roof of the car as she took in every of your features.

"Oi. Who is that man/woman?"

.
.
.

Time skip

"Ryū, look!" You said, pointing in front of the two of you

"Look at what?" He asked confused

"Last one to arrive is a dumbass!" You said fast as you started to run

"Hey!"

"And of course, I win~" you said in a sing song voice as you took a seat on a swing, followed by Akutagawa shortly after

The child in you couldn't help, but run off when you saw a park and many childhood memories flooded in your mind in that moment.

"This feels kinda nostalgic" you said as he sat down on the other swing. "When was the last time we pushed each other on a swing?"

Flashback
10 years ago

The tiny hand of the child pointed towards something that could barely be seen due to all of the trees that grew there.

"What is it, [Y/N]?" Akutagawa asked before you grabbed him by the hand and ran to where you were pointing earlier

It was an abandoned park...

The swings were the first things that caught your eyes and you immediately got on one, but your short legs couldn't push the swing or something and that made you sad a bit.

Akutagawa noticed and immediately grabbed the rusted chains of the swing and pushed you, scaring you a bit.

But that feeling got replaced with laughter when he got a grip on that thing.

"That's what you wanted, right?" He asked. "You wanted me to push you?"

"P-puh... Puh... Push... Push! Push!" You giggled

And he proceeded to do so, proud of himself that you were happy.

End of flashback

"I think it's been 10 years already--" you started to say

Until you felt yourself moving on the swing.

You were being pushed.

You looked over your shoulder only to be met by Akutagawa who was slowly pushing you.

You smiled.

"You didn't have to, Ryū"

"For the sake of the old times, right?"

This feeling...

Was this nostalgia?

Happiness?

Or something else?

Maybe... Something even stronger?

He was confused.

Akutagawa was confused about what was going on in both his mind and soul...

"Ryū"

"What?"

"Let's not leave each other's side again, alright?"

You extended your pinky finger to him.

He sighed and grabbed your pinky finger with his.

"You promise, Ryū?"

And that night, the promise of forever was made once again, but having the promise of not breaking it at its base.

They both chose to stay.

A tiny smile curled the corner of his lips, a rare image, to be honest.

That made you blush a little.

"Yeah, I do"

------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1.5K 38
In which she, who was once in despair, rewrote the world on a blank sheet of paper after six thousand years alive. -⌚︎- "What are you doing?" "I'm wr...
170K 5.8K 14
∘♡༉∘ 𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲, 𝐛𝐮�...
168K 4.8K 28
A girl named y/n was walking home after a long day at school to go home and watch some of her Favourite Anime Bungou stray dogs. When suddenly she di...
161K 5.9K 26
「 Dazai Osamu x Reader 」 ❝Why am I still living? Am I allowed to be alive? Why is someone who is a threat to humanity, such as I, is still standing o...