Sliver Fang: Found ✔

By josie321

The only family member Imani had was her mother. After the death of her mother, Imani's whole world is turned... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Soundtrack
Silver Fang: Living Like Royalty

Chapter 30

858 37 7
By josie321

Ben

"When you finish writing your statement you're free to go," I said.

I have taken some time off from pack work to focus on my day job. I have been working at the police station for a couple of weeks now in hopes to find any leads on the spy. Hunters are humans they kill and hunt magic creates and use them to create weapons to kill. Since I am the police chief for the state I have access to every civilian's information.  Surely there should be a clue somewhere. 

While I have been focusing on protecting the pack Oliva has made a big process in preparing for the Alpha King's visit. I still can't believe the elders agreed to this masquerade party. I didn't think anyone would agree to a theme party. But I am glad she is getting support this is a great opportunity for her to prove herself to the pack and show her loyalty. We haven't been able to see each other as often because we're both so busy. 

I also notice that Benjy has gotten bigger and stronger. I don't know how that happend or when it started but if he keeps this up I have no dought that will soon shift. Since Oliva isn't home as often to cook dinner I am thinking maybe it's help from Neema's cooking that there has been in a change in Benjy. He looks happier and confident. I am glad I had a talk with him and that he isn't letting the rumors get to him.

"Here's the budget for the party," Omar said stepping into my office. I let out a sigh as I took the folder from him and open it. The budget is three times larger than last year, but I am not surprised. And it's nothing we can't afford. 

"Wait why is the bill for the staff is so high?" I asked confused. 

"Oh, since the party is going to be bigger this year Luna thought we should hire new staff," Omar said. 

"New staff?" I said confused. "We don't need to hire new people. We can just ask for volunteers from the pack." I said getting up from my desk. 

"Well, she said it's best to hire professionals to do the job." He said. 

I don't like the idea of unknown people being at the party. This is supposed to be an exclusive event since the King will be coming. I don't want outsiders that can compromise our security. 

"No, change it. Don't hire any new people. Only people in our pack are invited. If you need more help get volunteers from the pack." I said handing him back the folder. 

"Yes, Alpha." He answered. 

"Oh, And how is Eric doing?" I asked.

"He's been doing well. The other staff has been liking him. He does his job well." He said. I nob my head. 

"I notice he and Imani are not speaking again," I said packing up my things. 

"He did ask me today if I knew how Imani is doing," Omar said. 

"I don't understand their relationship at all," I said. "One minute they're acting like best friends and the next they look like strangers. I'm starting to wonder if the memories I saw in his mind are even real." I said. 

"Yeah, You could be right. Hunters are known to manipulate memories." Omar said. 

"Aikona!" I said just remembering "I can't believe I didn't think about this before." I said smacking my forehead. 

"What?" He said confused. 

"Remember I told you I saw the symbol of hunters in his memory. What if they erased his memory and gave him memories they wanted to give him." I said. 

"I'm not following Alpha."

"Think about it. He doesn't know nor remembers anything about his pack, family, or anything that happen before he met Imani. What if after his pack was attacked they kidnapped him and erased his memories." I said as the puzzle pieces were coming together. 

"That would explain why he's fighting level is so high," Omar said thinking about out. 

"Yes!" I said in agreement. 

"But how does that theory explains why they would want Eric to be close to Imani? Because if it wasn't for her he wouldn't be able to find our pack. And how did he even find Imani and your mate?" Omar asked causing me to pause and think. I took a seat at my desk and Omar sat across from me. 

"Shit," I said not coming up with an answer. There is no way hunters would have known about Zora and her past and Imani. Something is missing.  Just when I left we were getting closer were taking two steps back.

"Well, for one thing, I think your right about Eric's memories could have been erased," Omar said. "The timing of the hunter attacks and him arriving in our pack is way too convenient." He said. 

"I propose a trap," Omar said. I looked up at him raising an eyebrow. "Alpha, I think we should set up small traps until the day of the party. Will continue to keep a close eye on him and see how he reacts. A way to bring back a person's memory is to find a trigger. I am sure he has a trigger that would help bring back his memories."

"Will need to get help from a witch to do that," I said. "But I like where you're going with this," I said snapping my finger. Omar and I continued to plan how we are going to trap Eric. So far he is are only lead and we are betting everything on him. I know my gut is right.

After work, I came home to Neema cooking dinner. We are still building our relationship but we have gotten better at speaking to each other. 

"Welcome home." She said greeting me. 

"How was your day?" I asked taking a seat at the island table. 

"Pretty good. Zoe and I went to visit mom and dad." She said. 

"That's nice," I said. 

"So how are the preparations for the Alpha King arrival?" She asked. 

"Well, Oliva is going all out," I said with a sigh. "And there was been an increase in hunter attacks. So right now I am just trying to make sure we are able even to survive." I said laying my head down on the table. 

"Yeah, I notice you have been coming home late." She said. "Well, I will be praying to Mawu that this will be a beautiful safe event," Neema said. 

"Um... We haven't has a chance to talk since you have been working a lot, but I wanted to know your thoughts on Zora. Are we closing the case?" She asked.  She is right we never finished talking about Zora and what are next step would be. We already decided that Zora is from the capital and that her wolf is from royal blood. 

"I don't know. Imani stopped asking and she seems to want to focus on the pack and leaning our culture which I don't mind. Unless we actually go to the capital I don't think we will find any answers ." I said. 

"Yes, I agree." 

Hey, there is something I want your opinion on. I said using the mind link. 

I tell Neema what Omar and I talked about today and our suspicions on Eric. 

Are you serious? you saw the hunters symbol! she yelled into my mind. 

Why didn't you say anything? She yelled. 

Because I wasn't sure. I wanted to gather evidence first before I warned the pack. I said. 

Well, your plan does sound good. And I could get a witch to help you. 

You know he could lead us to clues about Zora. She said. 

I know that's another reason why I left him alone. He and Imani are the only two people who know Zora the most. I said. 

Do you think he could be the reason she died? Neema said.

What do you mean? I said lowing my voice.

I mean if Eric's memories were erased there can also be a possibility that Imani's memories could be erased or skewed too. She said. 

I jumped up out of my seat in shock. I never thought about it. Although Zora hid a lot of things from Imani it doesn't make sense that she doesn't have any memory or some type of clue that her mother could have left behind about her pack or family. I also find it odd how Zora would allow an instinct wolf to look after her daughter. There is no way Zora would allow that especially if she was running from someone.

It would make sense to also go into Imani's mind and look at her memories. Maybe we can any suppress memories she has forgotten and look to see if her memories have been altered. 

You're right. I said. 

I'll call a witch. Neema said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 3.2K 35
My names Virgo its been a year since I challenge my cousin to be Alpha and lost. I don't regret it one bit because I can't follow anyone else. Being...
427K 21.1K 25
After viewing the horrific and traumatizing destruction of her pack, Salina has to take care of her younger brother on her own and also find another...
366K 9.5K 53
READ TAGS!! STRONG LANGUAGE NOT A FANFIC "i love you" "your what I've been missing" *not a mafia book*
16.2K 500 39
Depression and heart break isn't a good combination. Imani found herself dealing with her momma issues and finding herself. Imani was in loved at a p...