The Ex-Wife of the Billionaire

By msblankkita

What happens when you see your ex-husband after 5 and a half years. Read and find out More

The Billionaires Ex-Wife
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Note
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
CHAPTER 11
Authors note
Chapter 12
Authors Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Note
Chapter 15
CHAPTER 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Authors Note

Chapter 18

212K 4.5K 627
By msblankkita

Recap:

Then out of nowhere my lovely 'sister' started to yell out insults toward me because everything about her and Ashton was reveal during the hearing.

"ENOUGH!" The judge cut her off.

After hearing all the testimonies and analyzing the evidence, the jury came to the decision that the custody of Cole Smith will go to.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say I was unhappy would be an understatement. The judge had given both Ashton and I the shared custody of Cole. During the week, Cole would stay with me. However, he would be at Ashton's on the weekends. In addition, everything related to Cole would be decided by the two of us.

I could hear my sister's cheers over the fact that I did not win the case.

"That's what you deserve for taking away what belongs to me!" she yelled.

"Shut up already." I sighed, tired of her berations.

I lost the case, and throughout the entire time, my dear sister insulted and yelled at me. I couldn't let go of the fact that she testified against me to help Ashton win the case, and I was ticked.

"Enough." the judge stated firmly. It seems that I wasn't the only one that was tired of her interruptions and smart remarks.

"Security, escort Ms. Britney out of the courtroom." he boomed, and as the officers approached her, she yelled,

"How dare you! Do you have any idea who I am? She should be the one being escorted out! She hid her son from his father and took him away from us!"

"Britney, shut up." my ex-mother said, trying to reason with her. I could see the apprehension in her eyes, as whenever Britney gets mad, she loses control and starts blurting things she's not supposed to.

"Why, mother?" she sneered, "She doesn't deserve anything. She is just a scum that you took pity on-" She tried to continue, but was escorted out hastily.

"Now, since we are over that slight interruption, I will finish my decree. Both parents will have custody of the minor Cole Smith, and , by request, the last name of the minor will be changed to correspond to his father's.. Any decision that is needed to be made related to the minor will be decided by both parents, unless one perishes or is unable of making a decision.With this stated, the court will end its section."

As I looked at Ashton, I noticed his smile. It was bright and radiant with joy and elation at the judge's verdict. As if he didn't have enough from spending the entire day with Cole yesterday from showing up to his birthday party, I thought bitterly.

(FLASHBACK)

Thanks to the media and current events, Sophia and I had to change the location of the party. There was no way I was going to cancel the party. Cole's really looking forward to it, and I can't disappoint him.

Because it was on a short notice, we had to pay a higher fee for the space; however, it didn't matter. Sophia and I decided to split the job of organizing the party. By 5a.m., we were both awake and rushing to make sure that things went smoothly. I made sure to call all the guests and tell them the new location of the party, while Sophia spoke to the catering company and the two assistants that would be helping us the change the address.

"Thank you very much for understanding about the situation, and I hope to see you at the party." Sighing with relief, I hung up on my last guest call.

"Momma, is Daddy going to come to the party?" Cole asked.

"I don't think so, but your Aunt Angel will." I responded, smiling sweetly.

Cole didn't say a word, but left the room with a melancholy expression.

TWO HOURS LATER:

Everything was set for the party. Most of the guests have already arrived, although Cole doesn't seem very happy, for the most part.

Things seemed to be going as planned-however, out of nowhere, a clown unexpectedly appeared. Cole became distracted, and, I have to admit, its tricks were better than the clowns that Sophia and I hired.

"For the last trick of the night, I would like the birthday boy to come on stage," the clown requested.

"So tell me, Cole, what do you want the most?" it asked.

"I want-" Cole started, but was cut off.

"Not so loud! We don't want everybody to hear." Mr. Smitten (the clown) whispered. "Write it down here." He gave Cole a piece of paper, who promptly wrote on it, concentrating hard with his eyebrows furrowed. How cute, I thought silently.

"Okay Cole. Hold this paper to show everyone that I didn't change his request." it said.

"Now, at the count of 3, the lights will turn off. In ten seconds, Cole's wish will come true." the clown boomed, and when the lights turned back on, I had to readjust my sight but I did hear it clearly when Cole whispered reverently, "Pappa."And, truth to be told, there stood Ashton where the clown used to be, and Cole went straight towards Ashton's loving arms.

(FLASHBACK OVER)

By the end of the party, Cole seemed to be the happiest kid in the world. Even though it was slightly awkward, Cole requested pictures, and, among them, was a picture of Ashton, Cole and I.

During the party, I couldn't deny the fact that I felt a bit envious from all the attention Ashton got from Cole, but I shrugged it off, still feeling a little unsettled.

"Let's go" Nick said. In the midst of my thoughts, I hadn't realized that the courtroom had cleared and we were the only ones remaining. Blushing, I walked out of the courtroom-and straight into Ashton.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

I was about to respond with a no until a realization hit me. From now on, I had to talk to him because he now has a say in Cole's life, and there was no way I would let my son be harmed for my sake.

"Okay, but not now. Here." I said, giving him my card, which contained my contact information. "I'd prefer a more secluded area to talk and I don't want my son's life to be ruined by the gossip mill." I stated.

"Understandable," he said.

"I'll call you tomorrow so we can talk in detail." he said.

I nodded and walked away, leaving him standing behind in the entranceway of the courtroom.

Walking outside, I was met with the flashes of the camera and the questions of curious reporters.

"Are you happy with the judge's decision?" one asked.

"Will you try to repeal the decision?" said another.

I ignored them and, with the help of my security, walked to the car, where Nick and Sophia were waiting for me.

"Alex, we can still repeal the court's decision" Nick asked.

"No, Nick, it's time to accept it, and I have to do it for Cole. He wants his father in his life, and I won't take it away from him" I said.

He looked at me as though I have finally learned a life lesson.

"I'm proud of you, and your parents and grandfather would've been proud of you decision as well." He exclaimed with a smile.

I smiled back as I turned to hug Sophia, who was quietly listening to the conversation.

"Thanks for being with me." I said.

"Wouldn't leave you for anything." she smiled.

It only took half an hour to arrive home, where Cole and Daniel, who had left during the break, were waiting for me.

"Mamma, I missed you." Cole said as he caught sight of me, and ran towards me with a huge smile on his face, Daniel appearing behind him.

"I miss you too." I said, making him smile even more.

"Ti amo Mamma, and me and Daniel made you something! Let me go look for it!" Cole exitedly said, and ran away to get his present.

"I hope he didn't tire you out." I said to Daniel.

"The little guy is amazing." he said, smiling at me.

"How do you feel about the judge's decision? You seem to be taking it well." He stated.

"Yeah, I am, and thank you for standing by my side." I said sincerely.

"I know." he said walking towards me.

He came closer, and I didn't stop him. The closer he came, the more anxious I was. When he was right in front of me, it felt as though my breath caught in my throat. He leaned forward, and followed. I didn't stop him, and I didn't feel like doing so anyway. It was time for me to move on, to start a new chapter in my life. Maybe I didn't love Daniel the way he deserves to be loved at this moment, but I realized in that moment that I cared for him deeply, and I was more than willing to give us a chance.

------------------------------------------------------------

I KNOW I'VE BEEN GONE FOR ALMOST A MONTH AND I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS ENJOY THE NEW CHAPTER. ALSO, HAPPY NEW YEAR AND I HOPE THIS YEAR BRINGS GREAT THINGS FOR ALL OF YOU.

XxxMaddy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 270 43
They got divorced 5 years ago, suddenly he has returned to cause trouble for his ex-wife and their children. In a small town full of memories and the...
21.5K 1.5K 33
what happens when uh love someone madly and deeply but gets hurt in return .. peek in to know more
7.6K 203 11
One year. 365 Days. 52 Weeks. 12 Months. 8760 Hours. 525600 Minutes. 31536000 Seconds. And every damn minute I've thought about her. How she lied, be...
17K 764 29
What do you do when a billionaire shows up on your porch claiming to be the father of your unborn child? Kimberly Samuel William was a twenty six yea...