Born to Die » Bellamy Blake [...

By cressweIIs

"It's like a hurricane; therefore you can't stop it, you endure it." In a post - apocalyptic world, t... More

Born to Die
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
Sequel.

07.

36.4K 901 850
By cressweIIs

CHAPTER SEVEN.

        Unexpectedly, Liv was woken up harshly the next night, Octavia shaking her until she awoke. The duo have become good friends since the day they went to Mount Weather, even if it was a bit rocky at first. They understood one another better than anyone else could and because of that they were practically inseparable at times.

        "Bellamy, get out here!" Octavia shouts, Liv watching as Bellamy exits his tent without a shirt on.

        She can't help but feel her eyes widen slightly, ogling at his bare chest which was practically glowing in the night sky. She diverts her attention quickly before glancing back up at the sky, watching as a space pod soars through the air. This is much more important than staring at his chest. And besides, it's not like she was even friends with the guy. At least, she didn't think. She doesn't really know, she would consider them having a mutual respect now after what happened with Charlotte, but nothing more than that.

        Octavia points up at the ship as the parachute deploys from it, exclaiming, "Up there!"

        Liv glances at it, questioning, "Are they coming to help us?"

        From beside her, Jones states smugly, "Now we can kick some grounder ass!"

        She lets out a laugh, as do some others as they watch it shoot across the dark sky. 

        Another girl then murmurs, "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo."

        "Some new clothes would be nice, too," Liv murmurs, Octavia nodding in agreement.

        Liv's clothes are completely coated in sweat, grime, dirt, and blood; in short she would do anything for a new outfit. Just one new pair of jeans, t-shirt, and jacket, and she'd be good.

         By this time, Bellamy was planning a call to action, Liv not sure what he's even going to suggest. She can see his and Jones' silhouettes inside the red tent, her and Octavia quickly rushing over. Bellamy did tell Liv that she was seen as a leader to these people so she was going to make her opinion heard - and that opinion is that they get to the pod before a single grounder has a chance to. 

        No one's aware of what's inside of it, Liv believing that it's going to be more along the lines of nutrition packs and medical supplies, rather than the weapons Bellamy was probably hoping for.

        Making their way into the tent, Liv hears someone say, "If it cleared the ridge, then it's probably near the lake."

        "We should get moving," Liv informs them. "Everyone's ready."

        With his arms across his chest, Bellamy states, "No one's going anywhere." Liv raises a brow at him, staring at him in confusion. "Now while it's dark. It isn't safe."

        She shakes her head at him, insisting, "We can't just let the grounders get to it first."

        "Princess, we're heading out at first light." Glancing at the boy surrounding him, he orders, "Pass the word."

        They boys shoot out of the tent, Liv and Octavia staying in place.

        Liv watches him in complete confusion, offering, "Then we'll just have a smaller group go. Put less people at risk." He looks down at the ground, refusing to meet her gaze. "Bellamy, we should be leaving now, okay? The grounders would have been able to see - "

        His eyes lock on her's, Bellamy snapping, "I said we wait until sunrise."

        She shakes her head at him in disbelief, muttering, "I thought you said that I was a leader here, too."

        "Remember that you'll always be second in command to me, Liv," he states coldly, brushing past her and exiting the camp.

        She stood there dumbfounded, unable to process the way Bellamy just spoke to her. As much as she doesn't like to admit it, she knows Bellamy and he doesn't call her Liv unless he's mad or annoyed. She honestly doesn't know what the hell she did, all she wanted was to help all of these people.

        She couldn't save Charlotte, Liv thought that maybe she'd be able to save everyone else out there, though.

        "Liv, are you - " Octavia questions, Liv quickly brushing past her.

        "I need to go," she mumbles softly, making her way out of the tent.

        Once she steps out, she runs her hand through her tangled hair, letting out a frustrated sigh. Liv had no idea as to why this whole thing was bothering her, but it was and she's determined to stand her ground. She refuses to allow Bellamy believe that he holds all of the power around here.

        In the distance she sees Clarke and Finn come out from the trees, Liv rushing over. They stop in front of her, Liv beginning to wonder where the hell they were.

        "Did you guys see the pod?" she questions them. "I think it was from the Ark."

        "Pack your things," Clarke tells her with a smile. "Let's go see."

        Liv lets out a sigh, muttering, "Bellamy decided he wanted to go on another power trip, stating that no one's allowed to go until sunrise."

        "Where is he?" Clarke demands, Liv shrugging.

        "He was here a second ago. . . " she begins, her eyes widening in realization. "Shit."

        She quickly makes her way toward Bellamy's tent, hoping that her suspicions are wrong. She's not sure what she'll do if she's right, all Liv knows that it would infuriate her beyond words.

        Stepping inside, she's taken aback to see a girl standing there in only a bra, grabbing a t-shirt as well as a blonde lying in Bellamy's bed. Liv doesn't know why, but she was pissed.

        "Ever heard of knocking, bitch?" the girl snaps, snapping Liv out of her thoughts.

        Narrowing her eyes into slits, Liv questions rudely, "Ever heard of minding your own business?"

        "Excuse me?"

        "You heard me." Liv crosses her arms over her chest, the girl's eyes widening as Clarke and Finn enter.

        "Oh, so now it's a free show?" the girl asks rudely. "Anyone else want to have a look."

        "Wow, Bellamy really knows how to pick them," Liv snaps sarcastically, the girl's eyes widening.

        "What did you just sa - "

        "Where the hell is Bellamy?" Clarke cuts her off, placing a hand on Liv's shoulder to keep her from going off again. Liv honestly didn't understand why she was made, but her heart was racing and she felt herself getting more and more furious with every passing second.

        "He took off a while ago," she explains, shooting Liv a smug look.

        Liv rolls her eyes, her head snapping in Finn's direction when he points out, "His gear's gone."

        Turning to face Clarke and Finn, Liv explains, "He told everyone to stay. Whatever's in that thing, he wants it. We've got to get there before he does."

        Liv brushes past them quickly, slipping out of Bellamy's tent.

        She had a large head start on Clarke and Finn, the duo following behind her while Liv practically seethed. Liv was pissed, knowing that Bellamy told her that she was second in command only to go find the pod by himself. 

        Bellamy Blake was inconsiderate jackass.

        ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢   

        When the light of morning shone, Liv, Finn, and Clarke found themselves running toward the pod, trying to get there before Bellamy. It was essential that they did, otherwise people on the Ark were going to be killed. 

        Innocent people.

        "Should we split up?" Clarke questions them, Liv picking up her pace.

        "Yeah," Liv states, nodding. "We'll go that way, to the bottom, Finn you keep going down this path."

        They both nod, splitting up at the fork in the path. Liv's pace quickens considerably, hoping that she's not too late, that they'll make it to the pod before Bellamy does. Liv has to do otherwise she doesn't know what she'll do.

        A clearing comes into sight, the pod sitting alone in the middle of it. Liv sprints, grabbing the door handle at the bottom and pulling it up, opening it to reveal a girl with blood coating part of her forehead.

        "Oh, my god," Liv breathes out, the girl's eyes meeting her's.

        "Hi," the girl greets, Liv wondering how the hell this girl got down here. "I made it?" she murmurs softly, Liv nodding and smiling at her.

        Clarke finally comes over, the two girls helping whoever is inside the pod out. The girl in front of her strips out of her spacesuit, grinning as she looks up at the sky. She walks out a bit farther into the clearing, letting out a sigh as she extends her hands, spinning around in a circle.

         With a grin plastered on her face, she breathes out, "Ahh. I dreamed it would smell like this." She then points her finger up, gesturing toward the small drizzle raining down on them. "Is this rain?"

        Clarke nods, murmuring, "Welcome home."

        She giggles as the rain falls down onto her, Finn beginning to come out from the clearing. Liv watches as he pauses for a moment, a look of confusion on his face before he runs over.

        "Raven!" he calls, the girl, Raven turning around, a smile breaking out onto her face at the sight of him.

        "Finn!" she exclaims, Liv and Clarke glancing at one another in confusion.

        Raven runs into his arms, both of them holding onto each other while looking over one another in shock.

        "I knew you couldn't be dead," Raven murmurs, Finn glancing toward Clarke nervously before back to Raven.

        "You're bleeding," he points out, Raven shaking her head softly.

        "I don't care," she breathes out, pressing her lips to Finn's after that.

        Liv's eyes widen, watching as Clarke stiffens. Liv had her suspicions that there was something going on between her and Finn, but she's pretty sure that Clarke didn't know he had a girlfriend. Well, has. Then again, Finn probably never expected to see her again after all of their wristbands fried.

        Raven was all over Finn, taking her sweet time with kissing him before slowly pulling away, letting out a laugh.

        He grins, asking, "How did you get here?"

        "You know that big scrap hold, the one on K deck?" she asks, grinning at him. Finn glances over at the pod, his eyes widening in shock before glancing back at her.

        "You built that from scrap?" he asks in astonishment, a grin forming on his face.

        She grins, explaining, "I kind of rebuilt it." She chuckles. "Please, like that's hard. It just needed a couple parts and some love."

        "You're insane."

        Her grin becomes wider, murmuring, "I'd do more for you and worse. Just like you would for me."

        She stumbles a bit, probably becoming lightheaded from the large wound on her head. Finn steadies her, leading her toward a rock.

        "Come on," he eases, "sit down. Let me get something for that." He tugs his jacket off, wrapping it around her before making his way over toward Liv and Clarke.

        He jogs over, Clarke handing him items to help clean up Raven's wound.

        "I'm sorry," he apologizes.

        Clarke shakes her head. "Let's not talk about this."

        "We've known each other our whole life," Finn continues to explain, Clarke's face hardening even more.

        "We don't need to talk about." She and Liv then walk alongside Finn toward Raven. "She needs to put pressure to her wound."

        Finn hands the cloth to her, Raven murmuring, "Thanks."

        "This is Clarke and Liv," Finn explains, the two girls smiling softly at Raven. "They were on the drop ship, too."

        Raven's eyebrows lace together, the girl standing up while asking, "Clarke? This was all because of your mom."

        "My mom?"

        "This was all her plan," Raven explains to her. "We were trying to come down here together. If we waited - oh, my god." They all glance at her in confusion, Raven's expression becoming deadly serious. "We couldn't wait because the Council was voting whether to kill three-hundred people to save air."

        "When?" Clarke demands, Raven running toward the space pod.

        "Today! We have to tell them you're alive!" Running toward her ship, she glances inside, mumbling, "The radio's gone. It must have gotten loose during reentry. I should have strapped it to the A-strut. Stupid!"

        "No, no," Liv murmurs, Raven turning to face her. "Someone got here before us. We have to find him."

        Liv was taking off within seconds, the three following behind her. She was livid as of right now, wanting nothing more than scream at Bellamy. Who the hell did he think he is, putting three hundred innocent lives at risk. He doesn't get to play god, he doesn't get to pick who lives and who dies.

        For a while they run in search of Bellamy, trying to find him where ever he may be. Liv could feel her anger pulsing through her and she knew she was going to snap the moment she laid eyes on him.

        And as if on cue, there he was.

        Liv slowed to a saunter as she watched him walk through the forest, not looking the slightest bit distressed. Little did he know that he may be the reason three-hundred innocent people die tonight.

        "Hey!" Liv's voice snaps, venom dripping off of the word. The hostility in her voice was something new that no one here had heard yet, Bellamy glancing up, slightly taken aback at her tone. He doesn't even stop, Liv's hand curling around his shoulder, digging her nails deep in order to turn him around. "Where is it?"

        He turns around slowly, his usual smirk plastered on his face. "Hey, Princess. Just taking a walk in the woods."

        Bellamy watches her, seeming as though he doesn't have a care in the world. In fact, he looked amused at the anger clearly radiating off of her.

        She glares at him, snapping, "They're getting ready to kill three-hundred innocent people up there to save oxygen. And I can guarantee you that it won't be council members. It'll be working people, our people!" She then slams her hands against his chest, pushing him back in order to release some of her pent up anger. "So tell me where the hell that radio is, Bellamy!"

        He takes a step closer toward her, his tall figure towering over her. Leaning over her, he snaps, "I don't know what you're talking about."

        She was fuming, her hands curling into tight fists.

        "Bellamy Blake?" Raven questions in shock, coming up to them. "They're looking everywhere for you."

        Glaring at her, he snaps, "Shut up."

        He glances back toward Liv, Liv raising a brow at him in questioning, demanding, "No, come on, tell me, Bellamy."

        A pained expression crosses his face as he starts, "Liv - "

        "He shot Chancellor Jaha," Raven interrupts, Liv's face falling.

        Her eyes were full of disgust as she spoke, accusing, "That's why you took the wristbands. Needed to everyone to think we're dead. And that whole 'whatever the hell we want' thing, that was all about saving your own ass. You, being a leader? What a joke."

        As she says this, he looks away, walking away from them.

        Raven, on the other hand, was still focused on getting her radio, following right behind him. "Hey! Shooter! Where's my radio?"

        She steps in front of him, Bellamy demanding, "Get out of my way."

        "Where is it?"

        His eyes darken, sneering, "I should have killed you when I had the chance."

        "Well, it wouldn't be the first time you kill someone," Liv snaps, Bellamy glancing back at her. At this point, she was out for blood when it came to her words. "First the Chancellor and now three hundred people." She scoffs, muttering, "And I thought Murphy was a piece of scum."

        He shakes his head softly, looking back toward Raven.

        Raven raises her brow, stating, "Come on. I'm right here."

        He grabs her jacket, slamming her back up against a tree, Finn rushing over to intervene. Raven quickly pulls out a dagger, holding it out toward him to keep him from hurting her.

        "Where is it?"

        Liv and Clarke rush over as well, Clarke snapping, "That's enough."

        He lets go of Raven, backing away while stating, "Jaha deserved to die. You all know that."

        "Yeah, he's not my favorite person either," Raven snaps, Bellamy turning around to face them once again. "But he isn't dead."

        Bellamy's eyes widen, a look crossing his face that Liv thought she'd never see him wear. Fear.

        "What?"

        "You're a lousy shot," Raven tells him, Liv letting out a sigh before rushing up to him.

        He watches her with a slightly terrified expression, Liv grabbing onto his forearm to keep him from walking away. "Bellamy, don't you see what this means? You're not a murderer. You always did what you had to do to protect your sister. That's who you are. And you can do it again by protecting three hundred people. Where's the radio?"

        He glances away from her, refusing to meet her gaze as he stares down on the ground.

        With reluctance, he mumbles, "It's too late."

        He's silent, Liv bending down slightly so his eyes meet her's. "Bellamy, what did you do?"

        "It's in the lake."

        ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢   

        For around an hour, campers have been searching for the radio inside the lake, Liv being one of them. Glancing up, she notices that rather than helping the others search, Bellamy is watching them do so. Just like usual, he's letting everyone else do the work even if this is all his fault.

        She trudges out of the water, the bottom of her jeans becoming soaked from the water. Bellamy watches as she makes her way up the hill until she's standing right in front of him, looking down at him. In a real as well as figurative sense.

        "What do you want?" he asks, Liv able to tell by the tone of his voice that he's feeling guilty for what he's done. For putting his life in front of three-hundred.

        "You say you're a leader," she begins, his forehead creasing in confusion, "but sitting around doesn't make you one. Leading by example does. If you want to lead these people, if you want to inspire them, you shouldn't be sitting back, you should be working alongside of them."

        With that, she leaves him, making her way back into the water. Bellamy gets up from behind her, following Liv down into the water. Through the corner of her eye, she watches as he walks through the water, searching through it in order to find the radio. She smiles softly, nodding at him which he returns with a nod as well.

        "I found it!" Jones' voice sounds, Raven rushing over and grabbing it. 

        Liv and Clarke quickly make their way up toward Raven, Bellamy following as well. Liv could tell that he looked distressed about it, awaiting to see if it's possible for it to be fixed.

        Liv glances at her, questioning, "Can you fix it?"

        Raven shrugs, looking at the soaked parts. "Maybe. But it'll take half a day just to dry out the components to see what's broken."

        Crossing his arms, Bellamy repeats, "Like I said, it's too late."

        Clarke's face hardens, storming up to him. "Do you realize what you did? Do you even care?"

        "You asked me to help," Bellamy states simply. "I helped."

        "Three hundred people are gonna die today because of you!" Clarke snaps, Raven shaking her head softly.

        "Hold up," Raven cuts in, everyone glancing at her. "We don't have to talk to the Ark, we just have to let them know we're down here, right?"

        Finn nods, asking, "Yeah, but how do we do that with no radio?"

        She smirks, a plan already forming in the mechanic's head.

        ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢   

        If Liv had anything to comment about Raven's plan, it would be that it's inexplicably brilliant. The engineer had devised a plan in which they would all create a round of flares to shoot into the air, showing the Ark that they're alive. Giving them a sign that there's still life on Earth and that it's safe to come down.

        "We need to launch those flares ASAP if we have any hope of saving those people!" Raven shouts, showing them that they don't have any time to waste. Not even for a split second. Glancing toward Finn, she instructs, "Finn, get that control panel to camp! You, pull out those firing circuits in one pieces or they won't work. Liv, can I have a hand?" Handing her a wrench, Raven instructs, "Work those bolts slowly. Rocket fuel likes to go boom."

        Liv nods, connecting the wrench with one of the bolts and twisting it carefully.

        Glancing at Liv, Raven explains, "We're going to need power to fire."

        Liv nods, explaining, "They're tying in the batteries on the drop ship. Should be ready when we get there."

        "Great, so what's the problem?" Raven questions, noticing the forlorn expression on Liv's face.

        "I. . . nothing," Liv plays off, Raven raising a brow at her. She lets out a sigh, stating, "If we get the flares to launch, will they be able to see them from the Ark?"

        "Like the book says, it's all about burn time and cloud cover," Raven explains, Liv nodding in understanding. "But I know that Clarke's mom will be watching. You know, I've never seen anyone love someone more than Abby loves Clarke."

        Liv smiles softly, murmuring, "It's good to know that there's some love left out there. From my standpoint on the Ark it seemed like nothing mattered or no one cared about anyone."

        Raven glances at her sadly, saying, "I heard about what happened to you, but you're not there anymore. Here, people care. I've seen it, whether you like to believe it or not."

        "Yeah?" Liv questions, raising a brow at her. "Like who?"

        Raven grins at her, stating, "There's someone who comes to mind."

        Liv rolls her eyes, completely oblivious to the fact that people here actually do care about here.

        But, that happens when you're deprived of human contact all your life.

        ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢   

        By the time night fell, everyone was scrambling to get everything finished in order to send the flares up, knowing that they're running out of time. They were putting in the last few place holders for the flares, aiming them up and toward the sky in hopes that they can be seen by Abby whom is on the Ark.

        Liv holds onto one of the flares, quickly securing it into its launcher before backing up, hoping that this would work. That they would be able to save everyone up there before it was too late. Liv takes a step back, keeping a good distance between herself and the flares as they prepare to set them off.

        Cheers erupt as the purple color misting from the flares show, them bursting off into the air. They then have a kick of power, soaring farther up into the side.

        Bellamy comes up beside her, glancing down at Liv watches them in awe, her eyes wide. These flares seemed to be the only hope she's been able to cling onto recently, and if this works, then maybe they'll be able to survive down here.

        Noticing that Bellamy's beside her, she glances up, noticing that his gaze has moved away from her and toward the flares. She smiles softly, realizing that although he may have screwed up, he did everything he could to help turn this around and that was all she could really ask for.

        "You think they can see it from us there?" he asks her softly, Liv watching as they continue to soar into the sky.

        "I don't know. I hope so," she breathes out. Pausing, she softly asks, "Can you wish on this kind of shooting star?"

        Bellamy glances down at her, an unreadable expression on his face.

        She shakes her head softly, mumbling, "Forget it."

        He sighs, breathing out, "I don't even know what I'd wish for. What about you?"

        She bites down on her lip, softly murmuring, "To never have been born." Bellamy's eyes widen slightly, a pained look crossing his face as she says this. Opening his mouth to say something, Liv quickly cuts him off. "You did good today, Blake."

        And with that, she slips away from the crowd and back to her tent.

        Not edited.

        Sorry this one is a bit short too, but the next one is really long. Like it took me forever to write, I swear. Anyway, yay! Raven's here now! Ngl, she's one of my favorite characters on the show. 

        As per usual, comment your thoughts below! How'd you like the chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 6.1K 24
Cora was very well known in the ark, when she and 99, plus one, others were sent to the ground she struggled to adapt to the new surroundings as did...
15.4K 290 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...
12.5K 247 18
Lauren Jones lived on the Ark for a total of 17 and a 1/2 years before she was supposed to be sent to die at the age of 18. But, before her death was...
119 27 7
Delyn Kane felt sheltered her whole life. She breathed borrowed air, drank recycled water. All she's ever known was the Ark, the place that held the...