The Cure - TVD [Book 3]

StineSkar

The third book in the genderbent story of the vampire diaries. Season 4 - ? Еще

Season 4 - Cast
4x01 - Growing Pains
4x02 - Memorial
4x03 - The Rager
4x04 - The Five
4x05 - The Killer
4x06 - We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes
4x07 - My Brother's Keeper

4x09 - O Come, All Ye Faithful

441 4 2
StineSkar

(skipping episode 8 we'll always have bourbon street)

Picture of Taylor Lockwood

Salvatore Boarding House

Eliot wakes up in Demi's bed. He turns on his side and looks at Demi who is sleeping next to him. He gazes at her for a moment before she speaks up, "This would be so much more fun if we were naked"

"That was your call, not mine" Eliot reminds her.

Demi opens her eyes, "I was being a gentleman" she rolls over onto her back, "You shouldn't have stayed"

"I know"

Demi gets out of the bed and walks over to her dresser, "I should have made you leave. Sent you packing. I promised Stella"

Eliot sits up in the bed, "I know"

Demi takes her shirt off and takes a fresh shirt out of her drawer and puts it on, "You're sired to me, Eliot. Which means everything that you think you feel, might not even be real"

"I know, Demi, but it feels real" Eliot gets off the bed and walks over to Demi, "And I'm not ready to let go of that"

"Well, I can make you. Invoke the sire bond"

"So do it" Eliot challenges her.

"I told her I would set you free. Right after I didn't tell her that we slept together" Demi tells him, thinking of Stella.

"So, what do you want to do?"

Demi moves closer to Eliot so that their faces are merely inches apart, "I wanna throw you back in my bed and never let you leave"

"So do it"

Demi is about to kiss Eliot, but his phone goes off, "Saved by the bell"

Eliot rolls his eyes and takes out his phone, "I have to meet Benny. He's teaching Jemma how not to kill me" He walks back towards the bed and picks up his bag. He looks up at Demi, "Wanna come?"

**********

Mikaelson Mansion

Colette is in her parlor painting on a canvas. Stella walks into the room and looks at the painting, "Looks like a giant snowflake"

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event" Colette tells her.

Adrian enters the room, "You said it was urgent" he tells Colette.

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately" Colette motions to her painting.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Adrian scoffs in disbelief.

Colette walks forward and closes the space between her and Adrian, "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude"

Adrian grimaces and walks over to the painting. He picks it up and starts to leave the room, "And be careful with that. It's still wet" Colette calls after him.

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know" Stella reminds her, sarcastically.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor? What are you doing here?"

Stella walks down the stairs and into the room, "Eliot is sired to Demi"

"I intuited as much" Colette says, not surprised.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes"

"I've delivered" Colette walks away and grabs a cloth to wipe the paint off her hands, "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and her mark"

"Well, Jemma is the hunter, and she has to keep killing vampires to complete her mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep her from killing us" Stella tells her.

"Sounds like quite the chore. Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work"

"Hmm, or maybe you're lying about having found the sword"

"Why would I lie to you, Stella?" Colette strides past Stella and towards a vault in the other room, "We're in this together"

Stella follows Colette into the other room. Colette turns the dial on the vault and opens it up. She takes the sword out, "The hilt acts as a cipher which we'll use to decode the marks on Jemma's tattoo when she's killed enough vampires to complete it"

Colette places the sword down on a table. She takes a seat on the sofa and props her feet up on the same table. Stella picks the sword up and examines it. "I heard you moved out of your house" Stella looks at Colette as she speaks, "Bit of a martyr move, hm?"

"I'm not here to bond, Colette" Stella places the sword back on the table.

"Oh, on the contrary, I think right now I'm the best friend you got"

**********

Town Square

In the town square, the Winter Wonderland charity event is in full swing, complete with fake snow. Carlisle and Taylor are standing in the middle of the square. "You're going to do what?!" Carlisle asks horrified.

"Hayden found a witch strong enough to do the body jump spell. You know, the Colette specialty" Taylor tells him.

"So, you're going to put her in someone else's body and then what?"

"We'll encase the body in concrete then bury it"

"Why not just desiccate her like Benny did?" Carlisle asks her.

"Because to do that spell, you have to stop a human heart. I was a little short of volunteers"

"Well, who was dumb enough to volunteer their body to be a Colette sublet?" Carlisle asks.

Taylor sighs but doesn't respond. Carlisle's face falls as he realizes that Taylor is the volunteer, "Okay, don't freak out"

"Freak out! Freak out?! I'm about to hemorrhage! You volunteered?!" Carlisle whisper shouts at her.

"It's not forever. Just long enough for the hybrids to be able to completely disappear" Taylor tries to reassure him.

"Well, I can think of better ways for us to spend our senior year then you buried in concrete, Taylor" Carlisle has grown increasingly angry, but Taylor's face remains calm.

She gently grabs Carlisle by the shoulders and looks directly at him, "This started with me. This has to end with me" Carlisle can't seem to bear looking Taylor in the eyes. He continues to look down at the ground, "I need your support" Carlisle finally looks up at her with sad eyes.

**********

Gilbert Lake House

Jemma is outside of the house, chopping wood. She pulls the axe out of the log she just chopped and places it into a tree trunk where a small wooden stake lies. She picks up the stake and stares at it. She then throws it down, picking the axe back up and chops another piece of wood with vigor. Suddenly, she sees Demi and Eliot pull up the driveway in Demi's car. Benny hurries over to her, "Jemma"

Jemma walks in front of the car and looks at them. Benny stands right behind her, "They shouldn't be here"

"They're here to help you" Benny tells her. Jemma continues to stare at Eliot and Demi, "Do you trust me?" Benny has wrapped her hands around the handle of the axe which Jemma is still holding with a firm grip. Demi glances over at Eliot who has a stony look upon his face.

"Yeah. Yeah, I trust you" Jemma releases her grip on the axe and Benny takes it from her. He throws the axe aside and takes her arm in his hands, "Let's go inside"

Benny leads Jemma back towards the house as Jemma continues to look at Eliot and Demi. Benny places his hand on Jemma's back and continues to guide her towards the house. As they approach, Shane opens the front door and walks out towards Benny and Jemma.

"What the hell is Professor Shadypants doing here?" Demi asks.

"I invited her" Eliot tells her. Demi looks over at him, clearly not pleased with his decision making.

**********

Inside the lake house, Shane and Benny move around some furniture for the hypnosis they will perform on Jemma. "Okay, listen, we are ready to get started, but before we can do that, we need him" Professor Shane tells Jemma who looks out the front door and sees Eliot and Demi approaching, "In here"

"This is your house now, Jem" Eliot tells her. Jemma walks closer to the front door, "You have to invite me in" Jemma stares at Eliot but doesn't invite him in.

"Go ahead, Jemma. Invite him in" Professor Shane accourages her.

Jemma continues to stare at Eliot and hesitates for a moment longer, "You can come in"

Eliot enters the house. He stops in front of Jemma and looks at her. He gently touches her arm and walks past her, setting his bags on a counter. Jemma looks down at her arm where he touched her and suddenly grabs the small wooden stake from her waistband and attempts to stake Eliot. Eliot reacts quickly and grabs her by the wrist.

"Jemma!" Benny shouts.

Eliot twists Jemma's arm around and places it behind her back. He also manages to take the stake from her and puts her in a chokehold. Jemma struggles to release herself from his grip. Benny, Demi and Shane all look in surprise, although Eliot clearly has her under control.

**********

Salvatore Boarding House

Stella is sitting on a couch in the library, reading through some old papers. Her phone goes off and she answers it, "Hey, sorry, I know I'm late"

Carlisle is on the other end, walking across the town square through the Winter Wonderland, "If I'm gonna be a friend in your time of need, then you to need to work on your punctuality. I'm in a crisis. Where are you?"

"I'm at my house. Why? What's wrong?"

"My girlfriend is a dumbass martyr. Wait, and why are you at your house? Aren't you trying to keep your distance from Eliot?" Carlisle asks her.

"Well, he's not here anymore. Demi took Jemma to the Gilbert lake house with Benny so I guess his house is safe for him again. Hey, listen, I got Colette to tell me a little bit more about this Hunter's sword. You know that map in Jemma's tattoo? The sword decodes it. It's literally the key to finding the cure"

"Colette told you this?"

"Yeah, why?"

"And did she happen to hand over the sword for safekeeping?" Carlisle asks her nervously.

"Uh, what do you think?" Carlisle sighs, "What's wrong?" Stella asks him.

"We need to get our hands on that sword. Like today. Taylor and her hybrids are taking out Colette tonight"

**********

Mystic Grill

Inside the grill, Carlisle is admiring the postmodern snowflake Colette painted. He seems to notice he is being watched and turns to see Colette looking at him. She smiles at him and he turns to face her, "Here to steal Tiny Tim's crutches?"

"Dickens was a dark man. You would have liked him" Colette walks around the table towards him, but Carlisle makes his way to the other side of the table so that they are still apart.

"Nice snowflake, by the way"

"Is my work really that literal?"

"I'm serious. There's something...lonely about it" Carlisle tells her.

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment. Can I offer you some champagne?"

Carlisle turns around and starts to walk away. Colette pursues him, "Can't. Too many adult prying eyes" Carlisle turns around to face Colette who has closed the gap between them, "Don't want to be a high school cautionary tale at the next town meeting"

"Well, then it's a good thing the high school part is nearly over"

They stare at each other for a brief moment. Carlisle exhales sharply, "If we're going to be nice to each other, then I will need that glass of champagne"

Colette smiles and walks closer towards him, "Is that our thing?"

Carlisle scoffs and rolls his eyes, "We don't have a thing"

"Allow me" Colette smiles at him again and walks away to get them some champagne. Carlisle watches her walk away. When he is positive that she can't see him any longer, he takes out his phone and texts Stella "She's here. Go"

**********

Mikaelson Mansion

Stella rips off the handle from the vault and places it down. She opens up the vault and sees that the sword is no longer there. She seems frustrated.

After a while Stella calls Demi, who is still at the lake house, and they banter with each other over the phone.

"Well, she's not walking around with it. Check the rest of the house"

"I am. I haven't found anything" Stella tells her.

"Try the sock drawer. People leave the sketchiest stuff in sock drawers"

"I'm gonna need real ideas, Demi" Stella continues her search and starts by opening up an old trunk.

"Here's two: kill Taylor before she goes to Colette or, since Colette has suddenly become MVP in our relay race for the cure, tell her about the hybrids and she'll kill Taylor"

Stella picks up a handwritten letter in French, "Nobody's killing Taylor" Stella picks up a long-handwritten letter addressed to My Love from Alphonso and becomes silent as she reads it.

"Hello? Stella?"

Stella finally puts the letter down and talks to Demi again, "Look, I know it's a touchy subject, but do you know where Eliot is today?"

Demi looks incredibly guilty on the other end of the line, "I think he's running around...trying to figure out how to deprogram Jemma"

"How'd he take it last night? You telling him to stay away from you?"

Once again, Demi looks like she is feeling guilty, especially since Stella appears to be very sympathetic towards her, "Not well"

"You okay?"

"Peachy" there's a moment of silence between them which Demi breaks quickly, "Gotta go. Benny has enlisted Dr. Evil in his plan and I have to thwart her" Demi quickly hangs up her phone.

**********

Mystic Grill

Stella is leaning against the wall in the alleyway outside the grill. Carlisle approaches her and she stands up to face him, "Hey"

"Hey"

"Did you find the sword?" Carlisle asks her.

"Nope"

"What are we gonna do now?"

"Colette is the only shot we have at finding the cure. We need her. Taylor has to call it off" Stella tells him.

"Well, that's not gonna happen" Stella turns around and looks at Taylor who has appeared on the stairway. Taylor looks at Carlisle, "You told her?"

Taylor walks down the remaining steps towards Carlisle and Stella, "I've had twelve hybrids sworn to secrecy for a month. I have Hayden and a witch risking their lives and you're blabbing my plan to her?"

Stella steps forward, closing the gap between her and Taylor, "Look, all I'm asking you for is a little bit of time, okay?"

"How long? An hour? A day? Because every minute that goes by that we don't do this, they're at risk. You and Colette already served one of them up for Jemma to kill" Taylor looks over Stella's shoulder at Carlisle, who looks down shamefully. She looks back at Stella, "I don't owe you anything"

Taylor turns around and starts to walk away, "I'm taking her out"

Stella uses her super speed and moves in front of Taylor, frightening her, "I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that"

"Stella" Carlisle warns her.

Stella looks at Carlisle, "I'm sorry but I can't"

"Stella!" Carlisle is looking over Stella's shoulder. Stella turns around and sees the hybrids standing on the stairs behind her. Carlisle turns around and sees the remaining hybrids in the alleyway, blocking any means of escape.

"Sorry man, but you don't have a choice"

**********

Gilbert Lake House

Eliot is sitting on the edge of dock by the lake, still looking upset about what Jemma said. Demi approaches him with a bottle of bourbon in hand, "You're not allowed to feel this sorry for yourself unless you're sitting on a bar stool"

Demi sits down in a position so that she is facing him. She uncorks the bottle of bourbon, "Fortunately, I travel with the bar"

"It didn't work. I shouldn't have put so much hope into reprogramming someone's mind. If it were that easy, then you and I wouldn't be in this situation" he looks over at her and they stare at each other for moment. Eliot is clearly looking for confirmation from Demi.

"Right?" He sighs, "Last time I was here, I was so completely in love with Stella. Now, it's barely a memory. Is that the sire bond? Or just that I'm so happy to be here with you?" Eliot places his hand on Demi's cheek.

Demi looks as if she feels uncomfortable about this situation. Eliot looks at her but she only glances at him, "Maybe there's something else they can try" Eliot takes his hand away from her cheek. Demi gets up and walks back into the house, leaving Eliot alone.

**********

Jemma is inside, sitting on the sofa, looking through old family photos. Benny walks into the room, "You okay? Shane wants to try again" Jemma gets up and looks at him.

Demi enters the room, "Survey says: Ehhh. Professor Shane has been dipping into the magical herbs a little too much; if she thinks using a vampire to suppress the need to kill another one is gonna work on a Hunter. It's like dangling a cheeseburger in front of someone on a master cleanse. Just find someone else to attach your warm and fuzzy detour feelings to"

Over the course of Demi's little speech, she has glanced at Benny numerous times, clearly hinting to Jemma who she should place her feelings on. "Gee, I wonder who that could be"

Jemma looks at Benny, "You". Benny looks at her, slightly shocked, "I feel that way about you" Benny looks at her with a small smile. Jemma can't help but grin as well.

"Well, this isn't awkward at all. I'll be anywhere else" Benny sighs deeply as Demi leaves the room. Jemma and Benny stand in the room together alone with awkward vibes coming off of them.

**********

Outside, Eliot is standing at the end of the dock, wrapped in a blanket. Shane walks up to him and stands beside him, "It was good thinking using Benny as Jemma's emotional touch zone. Demi is very intuitive. Yeah, Benny told me about your relationship with her. I don't mean to pry, obviously"

Eliot sighs, "It's complicated"

"Uh huh"

"Any ideas how to hypnotize me out of it?"

"You know, in all my world travels, the one spell that I've never found is how to break somebody from loving too much. Trust me, I've looked"

Eliot looks at her, confused, which urges Shane to explain, "My husband and son died. I was just – I was trying to figure out a way not to miss them.

Eliot's compassion begins to show when he looks upset. Suddenly, Demi starts to walk towards them with an axe in hand. "If your hypno herbs work, we should be singing Kumbaya around the fire by dinner"

Demi stops and stands a few feet away from Eliot and Shane, holding the axe in front of her with both hands, "So now, tell me why I'm not killing you?"

Eliot takes a step towards Demi, "Demi"

"I'm serious. Why are you after the vampire cure?"

Shane walks forward a few steps towards Demi, not taking her eyes off her, "I didn't say I was looking for the cure, but I can tell you where to find it"

Demi closes the gap between them, "Colette's sword will tell us where to find it"

"The sword will lead you there, sure, but so can I"

"What? How?" Eliot asks surprised.

Shane continues to look at Demi, "Because I've already been there"

Eliot and Demi look at each other, shocked.

**********

It's nighttime. In the living area, Eliot and Shane sit across from each other, while Demi stands next to the couch Eliot is sitting on. Shane unwraps an old rock from a cloth.

"It's a rock" Demi deadpans.

"It's not just any rock"

"Hm, so is this that silly little wives tale that you told at the occult exhibit?" Demi walks over to the bar behind the couch and grabs a bottle of alcohol.

"Right, long story short: once upon a time, there was a witch named Silva who loved a man, who wanted to be with him forever, so she and her best friend, another witch, made an immortality spell and then Silva's best friend witch got jealous and killed Silva's man before she had a chance to make him immortal. Well, cursed to an eternity without her one true love, Silva finds a way to reverse the immortal spell and then before she has the chance to take it, her former friend buries her underground, leaving her and the cure to rot" Shane tells them.

"So, it's a cure for immortality?" Eliot asks.

"Human blood is the life force of an immortal. No more immortal, no more need to feed on blood. You dig up Silva and you've got your cure"

Eliot and Demi look at Shane, still soaking in this new information.

**********

Old Lockwood Cellar

The Hybrids are still keeping Carlisle and Stella prisoner in the cellar. "Ugh, this is ridiculous. We are not hostages!" Carlisle groans.

"Sure you are, sweetie" Kim, one of the hybrids, taunt him.

Carlisle glares at her and super speed to stand right in front of her. Carlisle and Kim stare each other down. Stella's phone starts to ring. The other hybrids start to advance on her.

"Relax" They all stop in their tracks, "It's my sister" She answers the phone, "What's up?"

"Don't ask how or why or who, but I just found the answer to your Taylor problem"

Stella listens to the rest of what Demi has to say, "You're kidding" Stella hangs up her phone and looks at Carlisle. "We don't need the sword"

Carlisle subtly raises his eyebrows at this revealing information.

**********

Town Square

Hayden is talking to Colette in the middle of the square. Stella sees the pair and watches them. Hayden walks off, leaving Colette alone. Stella walks up to her, "He doesn't like me much. Where have you been all day?" Colette asks her.

"I've been around"

"I'm not interested in vagary, Stella. You've been dodgy and Carlisle's been lovely, which I've come to recognize as a tool of distraction, now, do you have something to share with me or should I compel it out of you?"

"I broke into your safe to look for the sword" Stella tells her truthfully.

"Why?"

"Because I don't trust you"

"I showed you the sword. I explained its value. I've been on your side the entire time. What do you want from me? A secret brotherhood handshake?" Colette asks her in disbelief.

"I found the letters. You've had a few pen-pals over the centuries"

Colette smiles smugly at her, "Well is keeping my victims' letter really so different from writing their names on a wall? Like you did, Ripper?"

Stella doesn't respond. Colette smiles even more smugly now. Suddenly, Colette sees Adrian over Stella's shoulder and her face falls. She walks past Stella and towards him but stops midway. She turns back to talk to Stella.

"Loneliness, Stella" Stella turns around and faces her, "That's why you and I memorialize our dead. There's the briefest of moments before we kill where we literally hold their life in our hands and then we rip it away. And we're left with nothing. So, gathering other peoples' letters or writing their names on a wall is a reminder that in the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone"

Colette turns and walks off with Adrian as Stella watches them go.

**********

Taylor is on the phone, leaving a voice message for her mom, "Hey mom, I don't see you. Things have changed, it's gonna be fine" Taylor sees Hayden walking through the crowd, "I'll be back later. I'll pick you up" she hangs up and walks over to Hayden.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be taking the witch to the cellar"

"There is no witch, Taylor" Hayden tells her.

"What?"

"I made it up"

**********

Woods

Kim and the other hybrids are waiting in the woods, "Where the hell is the witch? Adrian should be here any minute"

There is a rushing noise that all the hybrids hear. They turn around and see Adrian.

"Kim" Suddenly, Adrian's heart is torn from his body.

"No!"

**********

"I never intended for you to put Colette down. I needed her for the sacrifice" Hayden reveals to Taylor.

"The what?"

**********

Adrian falls down on his knees. Colette stands behind him holding out his bloody heart in her hand. She drops it on the ground. Her face shows nothing but pure rage.

She has the Hunter's sword in her hand and begins to rush at the hybrids, slashing at them with the sword.

**********

"I don't know how to explain it, but I made a deal with someone who can help me find my family" Hayden explains.

"What are you talking about? What kind of deal?" Taylor asks confused.

"There needed to be twelve for the sacrifice, Taylor"

**********

Colette has slashed at one of the hybrids who falls to the ground, dead. Another hybrid jumps at her, ready to attack her, but Colette slices her head off with the sword.

**********

"Twelve what?"

**********

Colette slashes at another hybrids' throat with the sword.

**********

"I'm sorry" Hayden actually look sorry too.

**********

Colette throws the sword at another hybrid and pinning him to a tree.

**********

"Hayden, what did you do?"

**********

Colette rips the heart out of the hybrid that is pinned to the tree.

**********

"If you run now, you might make it out alive"

Taylor looks at him with a mixture of horror and shock.

**********

Colette takes the sword out of the now dead hybrid's chest and slashes the throat of another one of her hybrids.

**********

Taylor continues to stare at Hayden while she backs away. She turns around and dashes through the crowd.

**********

Colette stands in the midst of all the dead hybrids. She breathes heavily and has blood splashed across the front of her shirt. She hears Kim crying and hiding down in the Lockwood Cellar. She proceeds to follow her.

Kim trips down the remaining stairs and looks up from the floor as Colette walks down towards her. She attempts to back away from her. She gets up and grabs the bars of the cell, trying to find a way out as she continues to sob. She turns and looks at Colette.

"Where is Taylor Lockwood?" Colette asks, quietly.

Kim continues to cry, but does not answer. Colette points the sword at her throat and moves closer towards her, "You'd do well to answer me, love" Colette places the blade against her throat and screams in her face, "Where is she?!"

"I don't know" Kim sobs.

"Wrong answer" Colette pushes the blade through her throat. Kim gasps for air, but Colette successfully presses the blade through her neck and chops her head off.

She turns and starts to walk off. Her face is not full of rage anymore but seemingly full of sadness and loneliness. She breathes out a sigh.

**********

Gilbert Lake House

Jemma, Benny and Eliot are rummaging through the boxes of holiday decorations. Jemma pulls out a string of mistletoe, "Hey, check this out"

"Jensen used that to make out with Lola Fell"

While Jemma and Benny talk, Eliot looks out onto the deck where Demi is sitting on the railing. He smiles at her and waves her to come in. Demi smiles at him but looks away. Eliot grabs the strand of mistletoe and walks out to her instead.

"Of all the drama, you're missing the actual fun part" Eliot holds the mistletoe over his head and Demi looks up at it.

"Eliot, we can't. I can't"

Eliot lowers the mistletoe and looks at her, "Demi, you can't keep telling me that this isn't real. I know how I feel and that you feel it too, so stop fighting it"

Demi doesn't respond but looks into the house at Benny and Jemma, "It's good to see you like that. All normal with your sister. I want that again for you" Demi stands up, "Christmas was always mina and Stella's favorite holiday when we were kids. Not that I've celebrated it since. I kind of miss that"

"You're thinking about how upset she'll be when she finds out that you and I are together"

"I've been lying to her all day"

"No, you were helping me with Jemma"

"The point is not what I was doing. The point is that I'm here with you. I was supposed to invoke the sire bond, Eliot, send you away. I was supposed to do the right thing by you and the right thing by my sister. Which is what I'm gonna do right now"

Eliot frowns at her. Demi begins to invoke the sire bond, "You're gonna go home"

"What? No, Demi"

"I'm gonna stay here with Jemma. I'm gonna help her complete the mark. I'll teach her how to hunt, I'll protect her, and we'll kill vampires without you"

"Demi, please" Eliot cries.

"I'm setting you free, Eliot. This is what I want. This is what will make me happy"

Eliot looks at her with tears in his eyes.

**********

Salvatore Boarding House

Carlisle walks into the parlor where Stella is sitting on the sofa, "Macy can't find Apollo. I can't reach Taylor. This is a disaster"

Carlisle sits down on the sofa across from Stella. Stella remains silent and Carlisle looks at her, "Is this you in crisis mode? Cause it's a lot more subtle than mine"

"You know I thought I'd be happier watching Colette get led away to her slaughter, but for some reason I can't help but feel kind of guilty"

"Yeah, you and me both. All day I've been trying to remind myself of all the horrible things she's done"

"See that's the thing, we've all done horrible things," Stella gets up and stands next to the sofa, looking at Carlisle, "And I'm sitting here, trying to figure out what makes us any better than her. And I think it's just that, we have family we can trust"

"Yeah, you're right, Stella. Trust is everything. Have you heard from Demi?"

"Yeah, she's still with Jemma at the lake house"

"Did she happen to mention where Eliot was?" Carlisle avoids her gaze until the end of the question, when he glances up at her.

Stella looks at him with a questioning gaze. She moves closer towards him, "Wait, why are you – why are you asking me this?"

Carlisle looks up at her with a very meaningful look, but doesn't say anything. Stella can guess as much from the look he is giving her though. She sits back down on the couch, "They're together, aren't they?"

Stella looks incredibly upset. Carlisle also look guilty and sad for Stella, "How together are they?"

Carlisle looks away and doesn't answer. "Carlisle, tell me. How together are they?" Carlisle looks down at the ground and licks his lips nervously. He still doesn't respond, but Stella finally realizes just how together Demi and Eliot are.

**********

Gilbert Lake House

Jemma opens Benny's car door for him. They look at each other with a smile. "Thank you" Jemma thanks him. Benny hugs her. Jemma embraces him back and closes her eyes as he holds her.

Eliot and Demi exit the house together. Jemma and Benny pull apart and Jemma smiles at him. Benny gets in the car and Jemma closes the door for him. Jemma walks back towards the house and waves goodbye to Eliot.

Eliot smiles at her and turns to look at Demi as Jemma walks in the house, "I was ready to fight you on this, but suddenly every part of my body is telling me that I need to get in this car and leave you"

"So do it"

Eliot looks at her for a moment then gently kisses Demi's lips. Demi opens the passenger side door for him and Eliot gets in.

**********

Salvatore Boarding House

Carlisle is still sitting on the sofa, watching Stella, who has stood back up and knocks over one of the chess pieces on the chess board gently.

But suddenly, she knocks the board off the table with such force that it flies halfway across the room. She proceeds to knock the end table and it flies across the room as well.

Carlisle closes his eyes and starts to cry. Stella breathes heavily as she stares blankly at nothing.

**********

Old Lockwood Cellar

Down in the cellar, Taylor sees Kim's dead body. She walks out of the cellar, clearly in anguish. She does not notice that Apollo is hiding behind the wall. He is in tears and looks very frightened.

He hears Taylor leave and walks out from behind the wall. He approaches the coffin lying in the middle of the cellar and opens it. He sees Richard daggered in the coffin and Apollo starts to gasp for air.

**********

Town Square

Carol Lockwood is leaving a voice message for Taylor, "Taylor, honey, you're supposed to be my sober cab. I think I drank half the party" Carol hangs up her phone and sits down on the edge of a stone fountain. She puts her champagne glass down next to her and takes her shawl off.

Colette approaches her, her clothes and face is blood-spattered, "Good evening, Carol. You're looking for Taylor. I'd like to have a word with her myself" Colette has a bottle of champagne clutched in one of her hands.

Carol looks up at her, terrified, "Colette, please, don't hurt her. She's my daughter. She's all I have"

"And you're all she has. There's a beautiful symmetry to that, don't you think?" Colette grabs Carol by the back of the neck. Carol screams, but Colette dunks her head into the water surrounding the fountain.

Carol struggles to fight Colette but she continues to hold her head under. Finally, Carol takes her last breath and the life leaves her eyes. Colette takes her hand off her neck and walks away, leaving Carol's body in the fountain.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

229K 7.5K 25
Thanks to Seamus potion malfunction, the golden trio, Ginny and the Slytherin trio, have been changed. And Harry's depressing home life might bring h...
13.6K 406 14
_________________________________________ °• || Barbie gets a new neighbor!! ||•° Enjoy the story as barbie and the rest of the dolls start fallin...
84.8K 1.5K 61
BOOK TWO COMPLETED The Vampire Diaries, Season Three; Now it only being Ellie; she has to learn adjustments to her new life. Her vampire helper, Stef...
117K 2.5K 44
The one where the original twins are here to mess things up in their own special way. TVD (season 3 + 4)