lυncн & ғrιendѕ oneѕнoтѕ

By cxxpxrr

trying to expose myself to the wattpad lunch club/smpl community More

A/N
υndenιaвle (t x c)
мeanт тo вe (w x s)
cσlσurѕ (t x c)
cσlσurѕ pt.2
тнe ѕnιғғleѕ (traves)
raιn (w x s)
a cυp oғ coғғee (c x c)
a cυp oғ coғғee pt.2
a cυp oғ coғғee pt.3
crιмѕon peтalѕ (c x s)
apocalypѕe (cooper)
pιтy parтy (w x s)
not a chapter (a/n)
ѕιncerely, тecнnoвlade (technoblade)
perѕonal venт
nιgнтмareѕ (schlatt & co)

тape recorder (carson)

1.3K 33 92
By cxxpxrr

tape recorder

t/w death, implied suicide

carson (angst)

the apocalypse begins, and carson finds a box of old tapes and a tape recorder.

tip: read it by itself first, then read it with the comments :)

Is this on?

I assume it is.

Hi! I'm Carson, or CallMeCarson, if you know me from my youtube channel which has over 2 million subscribers. Yeah, i'm kind of a big deal.

So uh, anyways, today is January 12, 2021, it's about 10 in the morning, and the apocalypse has begun.

If you are listening to this, you obviously know about it because you can't possibly be listening to this from the past, but I'll explain it anyways in case it's so far in the future that you don't even know about the apocalypse.

Well, the government called it MEH, Mass Extinction of Humanity, but that just makes it sound pretty meh.

He chuckles, but he clearly isn't happy. 

Anyways, it isn't some zombie apocalypse, or world war 3 as most movies depict. To put it simply, there was a virus. A virus that wiped out about 80 percent of the population, and made it so those who survived can no longer have children. 

He chokes, like he is on the verge of tears.

It- It's pretty sad.

I- I was lucky enough to survive. Well, if you can really call it lucky being one of the last few people alive to just watch humanity die out.

He can't hold it in anymore.

Why me? Why did I have to survive?

Fuck, I- I don't deserve this.

Sorry for the abrupt ending last time. I'm back.

It is now the 13th of January, 11 am. I think I'm doing better now.

He still sounds sad

Let's chat for a bit. I used to be a youtuber as I mentioned previously. I- I lived...

Fuck.

He clears his throat, which sound wet, like he was crying.

Sorry. I lived with my 3 roommates, Cooper, Travis and Noah. We had some fun times. 

The house is gone now. It got raided and pretty much destroyed while we were in the hospital. After Travis and Noah...

He doesn't continue.

Yeah. Anyways, I am currently living in an abandoned roller rink in California, surviving mostly on all the seemingly never expiring snacks and sodas they used to sell, occasionally heading to nearby grocery stores or restaurants to get some of the little food that remains.

These tapes you're listening to right now were in some old box at the back of the rink. Don't know why they had so many, maybe for the retro aesthetic.

Silence.

I hope they find a cure. God, I wish someone out there could continue humanity.

More silence.

I mean, it can't just end here! It can't just end with out fucking generation, who just played dumb video games and made stupid videos on the internet? 

He sounds angry. At himself.

Why didn't we do more? Why didn't I do more? I could've made such an impa-

Hey guys. The tape ran out last time, so i'm sorry it was short.

It's been a few days.

Today is January 16th.

He chokes, takes a deep breath and sighs.

Ted's Birthday. God I miss him.

I miss all my friends.

I'm pretty sure their all dead. If they aren't, I still wouldn't know. The internet went off a while ago.

Ted. 

He tries to hide his sadness.

Let me tell you about Ted, maybe it'll make me feel better.

He was the definition of extrovert. He was loud, and he had this strange obsession with milk. He used to dress up as the milk man. He was also in an acapella group! Yeah, he was one of the best singers in my friend group, along with Wilbur.

His voice has perked up a little.

Wilbur, my man! He was British, and always attracted all the stans and girls. He made some pretty good songs, some of them were real funny, almost as funny as my jokes. He had this minecraft server after SMPLive closed, SMPEarth. 

By now his voice was upbeat, but it soon became sad again.

I never got the chance to play on it.

And along with Wilbur there was Schlatt! The business boy himself, the parkour prince, the PVP god! He was the stereotypical New Yorker, and was constently doing a bit. He did get uncomfortable with the stans for a while, but he was always cool you know?

He sounded unnaturally happy, extremely fake.

There's also my roommates I told you about, plus the rest of Lunch Club, and so many others...

They're all gone.

Today is January 18th.

He stopped trying to mask his sadness.

I can't take it anymore. I wish this was over. I wish I hadn't survived this stupid epidemic.

It should've been Travis. He would've stayed positive, he wouldn't have broken down like me. 

A sob escapes his mouth.

But he just had to be the first to go didn't he? 

It is apparent that he is crying.

He was the youngest of the 4 of us. He shouldn't have died. He didn't deserve this.

He is now full on wailing.

And Noah, he was so much more mature, so much more practical. He wouldn't have ended up crying like a baby like me. He would've survived. 

He should've...

And Cooper.

His voice is soft, almost a whisper.

He almost made it. 

A few seconds pass.

Then he started dying too. 

I watched. I just watched. I let him do it. Why did I let him?

He starts shouting.

He cut his own life support.

I was worthless. I did nothing. 

Silence again, his next words are muttered under his breath.

I don't deserve to be alive.

There were no more tapes.

I'm sorry for the angst guys. Even I was on the brink of tears while writing this.

I wanted to expand my writing, I hope you like it :)

- cooper

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.6K 29
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱ 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄 ▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱ Technoblade x oc
13.5K 419 12
Cooper's new to LA and looking for business. Travis is dumb enough to fall for the prostitute. rated lime
39.2K 864 32
sʜᴇ's ʜɪs sᴛᴀʀɢɪʀʟ.. ᴊsᴄʜʟᴀᴛᴛ x ᴏᴄ Sᴀɴᴅʏғʀᴏɢʟᴇɢs © 2023 #1 in charlieslimesicle - 7/7/23 #2 in Ted - 7/28/23
12.3K 235 37
ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴛᴏ ғᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ. ᴏɴᴇ-sʜᴏᴛs ᴏғ ᴍᴀɴʏ ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇʀs (ᴄʜᴜᴄᴋʟᴇ sᴀɴᴅᴡɪᴄʜ, ᴅsᴍᴘ, ᴏ̨sᴍᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs :D) SᴀɴᴅʏFʀᴏɢLᴇɢs © 2024