The Curse of Love

By vlunaa_

Ever since her father regained his memories back, Princess Athanasia has been having a same dream over and ov... More

Chapter 1: The Dream
Chapter 3: Noble Court?
Chapter 4: Lady Margritha
Chapter 5: The One Who Comforts Her
Chapter 6: How He Takes Care of Her
Chapter 7: The Start of the Investigation
Chapter 8: Memory Loss
Chapter 9: The Truth
Chapter 10: How He Regained His Memories
Chapter 11: The Beginning
Chapter 12: The Fundraising Party
Chapter 13: Let's Begin the Plan
Chapter 14: Convinced
Chapter 15: The Official Noble Court
Chapter 16: A Waving Shadow

Chapter 2: The Gift

5K 156 32
By vlunaa_

Hello, everyone !

I'm back with the second chapter :D

I hope you enjoy reading it as well~

Disclaimer: I thank Plutus and Spoon for bringing this story alive :D

*

"Honestly, where have you been today?"

Athanasia blinked as Lucas appeared in front of her and squatted on the balcony's railing. "Nowhere?"

"Where did you get this from." Lucas muttered as he touched Athanasia's forehead lightly and flicked his fingers.

"Another dirt?"

"So, where have you been?" Lucas asked again.

"Nowhere." Athanasia said. "Do you think Dad would let me out of the palace?"

"Then, who did you see today?"

"The same people as the usual." Athanasia said. "What is it with you?"

"Nah." Lucas said and whirled his finger. "Go to bed and sleep. And here, listen to some music."

"Why are you always forcing me to sleep?" Athanasia grumbled.

"It's late already." Lucas simply said as he sat down on the railing.

"Fine." Athanasia closed her eyes. "Good night, Lucas."

Lucas didn't respond and instead fixed his gaze on the sleeping princess. Didn't matter how many times she said she wasn't sleepy, she would always fall asleep the moment she closed her eyes. Lucas stood up and walked slowly towards Athanasia. He took a few strands of her long hair in his hold and it glowed.

As always, he could see a brown-haired lady inside of the princess's body but that wasn't what caught his attention. From the moment he saw her, her jewel eyes were enchanting him and her golden hair were mesmerizing him.

But above all, her smile was what he really loved to see.

Whenever he saw her smile, Lucas felt warm. It was as if there was a small sun inside of him, lifting his spirit up every day and made his day. When he was away to find the Sacred World Tree, her smile was what he was looking for to see when he returned.

But what awaits him were beyond of his expectations. Instead of being greeted by Athanasia's smiling face, he was greeted by her tears. How annoying is that. When he knew that Blackie was gone, Lucas knew instantly that the divine animal had been absorbed back to the princess's body. But how was that possible? All these years, he made sure to put protective spells on Athanasia while maintaining her mana in order to prevent Blackie's sudden absorption.

Who on earth could break his spell?

But, Lucas is Lucas. All he wanted to see was Athanasia's smile, so he did what he had to do. He restored the king's memories and thus, reuniting Athanasia with her dad and assuring her that she could stay in the palace without anymore worries. The place where he could always see her. The place where she was supposed to be.

Lucas stared at the glowing hair and let out a small smile. He let go of the hair and it stopped glowing, then leaned a little closer.

"Good night, Athy."

*

Athanasia felt so weak. She couldn't move a muscle.

"I knew you're a trouble." A voice reached her ears from within the darkness. "I shouldn't have left you alive."

What? What was he saying? Why did his voice sounded so muffled?

A cold hand was placed below her chin and her face was lifted. But Athanasia's sight blurred, her body felt so weak and she was in pain.

"Enjoy my gift."

*

"Good morning, Princess!"

Athanasia snapped her eyes open upon hearing Lilian's voice. What... What was that dream? A new dream after all this time, and yet it was as ambiguous.

The princess yawned softly as she sat up. "Good morning too, Li—whoa."

"Is something wrong, Princess?"

"I—it's nothing." Athanasia smiled. What was that? Why did her head spin so much for a split second there? "It must be because I woke up too sudden."

"Today is such a lovely day!" Lilian smiled. "His Majesty is waiting for you, Your Highness. It seems that he has something to tell you."

"Well then, let's go see Daddy!" Athanasia went out of her bed.

A few minutes later, she had arrived at her father's office.

"Dad, are you busy?" Athanasia peeked through.

"Come in."

"I heard you have something to say to me?"

Claude clicked his tongue. "Don't talk about that."

Athanasia tilted her head a bit. If her dad had something to say to her but he didn't want to say it, then... It must had been something to do with that Roger Alpheus.

Athanasia giggled. "Alright, then I won't ask. I'll just be quiet."

Athanasia sat down as her father's quill scribbled on some documents he was working on. She laid back and that was when her head pounded.

"Ouch!"

Claude froze for a split second then dropped his quill. In less than a minute, he was beside Athanasia. "What's wrong?"

"I—It's nothing." Athanasia huffed, cold sweats started to form as her head pounded.

"Are you sick?"

"I—I'm fine."

"Athanasia." Claude cupped her cheeks with his hands and froze upon feeling how cold her body was. "Athanasia, you're sick."

"N—no, it's just my head—UGH!"

Athanasia clutched Claude's hands as her face scrunched in pain. Her head felt like it was being stabbed by thousands of needles and was about to explode. So painful.

"Enjoy my gift."

Athanasia's sight faded as she collapsed in her father's arms.

*

"Princess, can you hear me? Can you see me?"

Athanasia groggily opened her eyes and was greeted by Felix's worried face. A second later, her senses came back and she could feel someone was holding her hand. She shifted her gaze and her eyes met with Claude's own.

"D—Dad..."

Claude didn't respond but held Athanasia's hand tighter as he brought his other hand to softly pat her head. "I'm here."

Athanasia shifted her gaze once more and she saw Lucas who was standing at her bed's foot, his ruby eyes bore itself on her.

"Does your head still hurt?" Claude asked.

"N—no." Athanasia let out a small smile. Just spinning., she added.

"So? What happened?" Claude asked.

And Lucas knew exactly that question was meant for him, even if the emperor didn't turn his head to face him.

Lucas stared at the pale Athanasia and his heart... hurt.

"I beg your pardon, Your Majesty. But I... I don't know either." Lucas gritted his teeth. "It's not her mana."

"Then what is it?"

Lucas knuckled his hands. How was he supposed to know? When Felix called him because the princess collapsed, Lucas felt a cold shower had been dumped on him. When he saw her lying on her bed with her incredibly pale face and cold body, Lucas felt weak on his legs.

It took every consciousness he had to check on her. Including his consciousness of being under Claude's stare.

But he couldn't find anything wrong. Athanasia's mana was stable and he didn't find anything weird inside of her.

"D—Dad, I'm fine." Athanasia croaked. "Probably I'm just too tired or something. It's not a big deal."

"Athanasia."

"Really, I'm fine." Athanasia smiled reassuringly. "My head doesn't hurt anymore."

Claude didn't respond but his heart calmed down upon seeing Athanasia's rosy cheek. Colors had returned to her face and that was more than enough to calm him down.

"Have some more sleep. I'll be here." Claude said.

"Nah, I'm sure you have work to do." Athanasia let out a small laugh. "It'll be okay, Daddy. I'll be fine. Besides, Lucas's here too. He'll take care of me."

Claude was hesitant to leave—especially about leaving his daughter alone with some brat—but Athanasia managed to convince him. After making sure that she was okay, Claude stepped out of her room with Felix to finish his work.

Leaving Athanasia and Lucas alone.

"You can go, too." Athanasia said. "I'm sure you're busy."

"It's fine." Lucas said as he stepped closer. "I'm not busy today."

"Huh? But every day you said you're busy."

"Not today."

"That's rare."

"I'm still busy breathing."

Athanasia snorted. "If you're that busy then just go. I'm fine."

"I've told you I'm not busy today." Lucas clicked his tongue in annoyance as he sat beside Athanasia. "Get some more sleep."

"Hey, Lucas."

Man, how he loved the way his name rolled out of her mouth.

"What?"

"Have you ever had a same dream over and over?"

"No." Lucas scoffed. "I don't dream."

"Why did I even bother to ask." Athanasia muttered.

"Go to sleep already." Lucas placed his hands over Athanasia's eyes.

"Hey, I don't want to—zzz..."

Lucas let out a smile and laid back on his chair. Why would he even bother to dream when he could always see her every time he was awake?

*

Done !

Oooooh, how much I love to throw some fluff here and there !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 2.8K 49
[ COMPLETED ] collection of oneshots/short stories ( a few chapters )/ headcanons! may include lucas x athanasia/ felix x lilian fluff - spoiler fre...
50.2K 1.5K 11
What if Athanasia from "Lovely Princess" didn't die? (The original novel by Plutus and webcomic by Spoon do not belong to me. Also, please be aware...
9.9K 519 10
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tìrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...
4.4K 214 9
athanasia who has been in a loop of her life, dying and being reborn again and again because of her family, with finally catching a small break by be...