Meant To Be

By gulfsblueblankie

"Sometimes the dreams that come true are the dreams you never even knew you had." ― Alice Sebold, The Lovely... More

The Best Match
A Long Night
Drained
The Soft Breeze
First Month
Little Drops
Beautifully Broken
The Surprise
Fon
Mew's Nong
The "Daughter"
Closer

Yuan Fen (缘分)

4.7K 96 7
By gulfsblueblankie

Mew wasn't really in the mood for a day like this, he didn't even like this place.He felt awful while watching those people, some were looking at them with the obvious jealousy in their eyes, some of them hated them deeply; Mew could sense it from the way they looked at him and his friends.Some of them had hopeful eyes, they wanted to get choosen and get rid of that dumpster.

"Mew, focus-If you can't find someone again, this time your mom and dad is gonna kick your ass out." Mild said as he patted on his friend's shoulder after realizing Mew was spacing out, and the bigger guy just nodded, sighing deeply since he didn't really want this.

"I don't think I can do this-" He turned at Mild and his friend quickly stopped him before Mew could walk back to the entering gate, they were in the Area C for 10 minutes and Mew was already wanting to give up.

"Hey-hey." Mild pushed him by his shoulders to look at his face. "I know that you hate it---I don't like to see these people suffering like this too, Mew." He said in a soft tone, patting the guy's arms since he knew Mew was extra sensitive about this topic. "But it's been years man, you are the only son in your family and you can't just let your bloodline die like this." He tried to sound soft but he knew this sentence put even more weight on his shoulders.His family was the strongest family in the Area X, they were one of the five families who created Area C and tried to stop the chaos, cause things were out of hand and nobody was actually reproducing.The crime rate went higher and higher, each day their world was turning into a hell, and his family was one of those people who put an end to that mess.

Years ago a disease appeared, women were not able to give birth to boys anymore.Not even one female gave birth to a male, and when they realized they couldn't find any cure for it, the panic was out of control.Cause that meant after the last man died, everything was going to end.They tried it for years but there was no cure, they managed to make some women carry boys, but they were never able to give birth; either the boy died, or both.It was simply impossible.They thought it was their end, cause the chaos was slowly burning everywhere and the fear people felt was horrific.

But it went even worse.

Cause when everyone lost their hope, thinking it was the way of world actually ending; a guy got pregnant.

It was impossible, nobody should've believe when the news broke out but they were dealing with this women disease for years and any little thing was worth to try.That was when things went even worse, cause men started to attack each other, all of them wanted to have a boy and they were beyond desperate.But soon it stopped, cause after examining the guy's body they realized they couldn't use him to reproduce cause somehow it didn't happen with everyone.This guy was already gay and he had a partner, he just went to hospital because he was throwing up and he thought the reason was the spicy meal he had last night.He didn't expect to be courted by cops and found himself as a lab rat.

After a year the pregnant men number increased, but now everyone knew how it worked.Grabbing a stranger and sleeping with him wasn't enough, in simple words, it wasn't like how it happened between men and women.They could sleep with every women and they would get pregnant if they were not infertile.But between men, it didn't work like that.All men couldn't get pregnant, and the ones who could actually bear a kid, couldn't have it after sleeping with a random guy.Fertile guys had to sleep with a match, the government gathered them up to make them reproduce to end this nightmare but it didn't happen, cause making them sleep with a complete stranger didn't change anything in the fertile one's body.They didn't have just one match, they saw one fertile guy having sexual intercourse with three guys in total, and all of them were successfull, meaning he was impregnated.

Back then the streets were dreadful, but it was mostly rape; but after the government revealed that fertile guys could only get pregnant with two conditions, crime rate increased in a horrible speed.Fertile ones could only get pregnant if they would get knotted during the right time, timing was everything.It was different for every person, it wasn't easy to tell it like women cause men didn't have periods, only themselves could feel it since they would be able to realize the little changes in their body.It lasted for about a week, mostly in every 3 months.So that was why not a lot of people was able to get some guy pregnant since it was hard to find the right time.But the second condition was the one who made everything worse; cause obviously, if the fertile one didn't want to get pregnant; knotting him meant nothing.They tried everything, but most of the test subjects didn't want to experience something like that; pills, medicines, needles, nothing actually work on them even if they were %100 fertile and doctors were forcing it during the right time.

Cause the subject wasn't accepting it.

And there was no way to change his mindset.Even if he would tell them that he wanted it because he didn't want to get imprisoned or anything else; still, deep down he wasn't wanting it.And it ruined everything.

That was why everything went worse in the city, cause frustrated men started to kill fertile ones, it was a disaster.Not only making streets bloody and people losing their minds, but they were also killing fertile men and that could be the end of them.They needed fertile men the most, they had no other option and that was why they had to stop this mess, as soon as possible.

So after a huge amount of fertile guys were murdered, they created Area C and gathered all of the fertile ones in there.It was a rushed solution since they couldn't risk any more fertile passing away.

But it wasn't the best since problems kept following.

"Leave him the fuck alone!"

Mew got startled with the sudden shout and turned around to see what was happening.This wasn't the best solution cause this Area was completely different from theirs, it was called dumpster for a reason.It was like an old, destroyed city.The government was giving them enough things to live and actually at first this area wasn't ruined like this.But when few of them teamed up against the weaker ones and tried to take the control, things went ugly in the Area C.But nobody actually cared since fertile ones were still alive, they preferred to use their sources on experiments instead of fixing their life.Simply, they were living in the dumpster.

"He is just a kid you asshole!"

Mew saw the angry, no, furious boy grabbing the kid who was being dragged by another man.

"I can choose anyone I want---And I'm choosing him, I have a feeling like he will want to have my kids." The guy winked at the angry boy and tried to take the kid again, he was probably 14 or 15, not older but maybe younger.

"Go fuck yourself!" The boy slapped his hand when he tried to take the kid again and the man sighed angrily.

"Don't make me call the guards, you ungrateful whore." He stared at him as he pointed his index finger, obviously threatening him cause this area was made for fertile men, yes, but it wasn't actually for them.That was why Mew felt awful while walking around like that, it was like a human shop, you could go in and pick one, nobody would stop you, instead of that they actually supported that and punished the ones who made problems.

"Move." The guy said, he was getting more angry as he glared at the boy but the boy didn't move, he was hiding the kid behind himself.

"I said, go fuck yourself." He said and Mew saw the way he glared back at the guy's eyes; he wasn't scared.If Mew wouldn't hear the threat, he would think the boy was also a normal man, but he was a fertile one and it was surprising since fertile ones didn't actually had nerves to piss off others.

"And I said-" The guy grabbed his collar all of sudden, he easily shook the boy since he seemed really skinny.

"Mew no-" Mild tried but in few seconds Mew grabbed the guy instead, pulling him away from the other boy and forcing him to let him go.

"The fuck are you doing?! Are you going to try to impregnate a kid?!" He asked furiously, his disgusted expression making the other guy get confused.

"Who the hell are you---aren't you here for the same reason?" He asked, pushing Mew off and fixing his shirt. "Such a fucking saint." He rolled his eyes, everyone knew younger ones were easier since their mindset wasn't so strong and making them pregnant was easier because of that, but most of them couldn't handle it and died with the embryo inside them, not that they cared, everyone was desperate enough to give it a shot.

"I'm just-"

"Shut the fuck up." Mew threw him a glare, he was trying so hard to stay calm and not punch the shit out of him. "Move and find someone else." He stated and Mild closed his eyes after sighing, he knew this mood, there was no way to make Mew step back now, he was dead serious.

"Who do you think you are? I saw him first, you can't steal him." The guy came closer, thinking Mew wanted the kid for himself.

Mew sighed before turning his back at the guy and facing the furious boy from before.He was wearing a very old and dirty shirt with some old jeans, his hair was fluffy and he seemed even younger from close.But his eyes were burning, he didn't even avert his gaze for one second.He was still holding the kid behind himself and obviously not thinking about moving.

"I can steal him and I will, move." He said to the boy and Mild had to stop the other guy since he was trying to get closer, still wanting to have the kid.

"Over my dead fucking body." The guy hissed, Mew was obviously taller and broader than him, even one punch would make him end up on the floor but the boy still stood there like a stone.

"You sick assholes should go and fuck your own holes! Are you even human?!" The boy threw him a disgusting look before spitting right beside his feet and Mew sighed deeply.

"Do you want me to call the guards?" He said in a higher tone and the boy was about to say something when he leaned a little closer.

"I'm just saving him, trust me." He whispered while the other guy was still struggling between Mild's arms, trying to get closer and grab the kid.

He saw the fluffy haired boy pausing for a moment and Mew give him a soft look, trying to show he was honest.

"P'." The kid said and Mew saw how scared he was when the boy finally moved away, revealing his face. "Don't give me." He mumbled and tried to hold his arm again but Mew saw the boy not letting him.

"The other guy is gonna take you if you don't go with him." He said, pointing at the other asshole as he averted his gaze.That was when Mew realized he couldn't look at the kid.He wasn't scared to get killed by attacking Area X's men but he couldn't look at a kid just because he couldn't save him.

"I don't want to---P!" He reached out for the boy when Mew quickly grabbed his hand.He took him to the building at the entrance, Mild also ran after them, leaving the disappointed guy behind.

"Please let me go-I wanna go back!" The boy was crying as Mew kept dragging him but he didn't say anything, this had to happen.The short kid was still sniffling and crying softly when Mew said his friend took an interest in the kid, which left Mild open mouthed.After few phone calls it was settled, nobody was allowed to take that boy out, cause Mild was going to have him as a mate when he become 18, which meant 4 years later since they learnt the boy was only 14.Mild had no chance but accept it, he didn't have a match either and that bastard was waiting to take this little boy, he wouldn't let that happen.But it wasn't that easy, he had to impregnate the kid in a year after taking him out, or else he would be back in Area C for other potential matches.

Mild sighed, at least he had 4 more years to think about that.

"Are you feeling better?" Mew asked after handing the boy a bottle of water, seeing his ruined clothes and puffy eyes made his heart ache.He really hated this but he was in no place to change it.

"T-Thank you." He mumbled while looking down and Mild exchanged looks with Mew as they saw the boy holding the bottle with his trembling hands.

"Hey, we are the good guys! You don't have to be sad!" Mild suddenly said in a cheerful tone and sat beside the boy. "You can stay with your brother until I come and take you out, we will be close friends!" He said with a smile, patting the boy's back and only earning a nod since the boy seemed so confused about everything that just happened, he really thought he was getting picked for being a mate, which scared the shit out of him.

"He is...not my brother." He said after drinking some water.

"Really?" Mild got surprised.

"Then why did he protect you like that?" Mew quickly walked closer with curious eyes.

"He..-I came here at 10." He said in a low tone, he was still looking down but he seemed better than before.Also kids usually got locked in there after being 10, government wasn't letting people know they were fertile until they became 10. "He's protecting me..-since then." He gulped, talking was still hard for him.

"For 4 years? He is here for 4 years?" Mew got surprised, they weren't even related and he protected the boy for that long? How did he even manage to stay there without getting picked for 4 years?

"He always..-makes a fuss. People think he won't want it..-so they don't choose him." The boy answered the question in their minds and both of them nodded.Mild kept comforting him and telling him they still had a lot of time to get worried about future, then the boy was returned back to the Area with guards beside him.

"Awesome, we came here to find you a match and I'm fucking matched to an 14 year old boy.Thank you Mew, you are the best friend I could ever have." He said while glaring at him and Mew sighed deeply before throwing himself on the bed.They were staying at a hotel close to Area C since his parents told him to not go home without finding a match.

"Tomorrow we are going there and you are grabbing the first guy who looks at you, there is no other way Mew.Prepare yourself." Mild said before leaving to go to his room.

He was right, there was no other way.

After 2 hours of staring at the every wall in the room Mew decided, he was gonna take the worst one in there; he wanted someone who really needed to get out of there, this way Mew could also help them.Or else he was going to lose his mind cause it felt awful to go and pick someone like that.

It took him a week to go back there again, he couldn't keep stalling since his parents kept pressuring him.

Actually he made his mind and he was really stiff as they walked into the gate once again.Soon his eyes landed on a boy who was staring back at him, and when the poor looking boy smiled at him softly, that was it.He was going to take that boy, at least he could take someone and change their life.Even if he could take just one, it was still a person, he could help them.

He was walking towards him when they heard a scream.

"It's okay, it happens a lot." The boy Mew planned to approach said as the other guys around him sighed like they were sicked of it and started to walk away. "Someone is probably getting raped, they never stop trying." He said with a tired voice.

This corner was pretty away from the guards and they didn't really pay that much attention, even other fertiles were used to it.

"Do you want to-"

"I need to go." Mew said before the boy could approach and quickly ran to the direction he was hearing some strong sobs.

He was ready to see a rape scene, his mind was really ready when he stepped inside the barn.But he gulped after taking a step in and seeing the view.

It was the guy from that day who was insisting about taking that kid named Son.

He was laying in the middle of the barn with a scythe stabbed inside his chest.His own blood was creating a pool around of his body and it took a minute for Mew to lift his head.

"Are you...---okay?" He asked, taking another step in but he wasn't really able to walk and pass from that dead body on the floor.

"Did you save him?"

Mew didn't understand what he meant when the boy suddenly asked.He quickly realized that his face was so much worse than that day, he was so pale and blood was all over him, he had huge circles under his eyes.

"Did you fucking save him?!" He suddenly yelled and Mew nodded quickly.

"Nobody can take him out until he becomes 18." He answered, his voice getting clearer.He watched the boy nodding.

"Get out." He said before crawling on the floor, he seemed like he had no energy and Mew got even more confused when he saw the boy taking a knife beside the man.He probably tried to attack the boy first, of course, he was a fucking asshole.

"You don't wanna see this, believe me." He said with dead eyes, he was seeming so tired and drained.Mew was still shocked and speechless because of the dead guy on the floor but his blood rushed to places when he saw the boy leaning on the hay stack calmly and slitting his right wrist with one quick move.

"What are you doing?!" He forgot about the dead guy and ran beside him, his palms quickly squeezing the place the boy just slit like it was nothing.

"Just walk away." He mumbled before closing his eyes, he seemed so exhausted.Mew was too confused to understand what was happening but he quickly threw the knife away, gulped as he realized how much blood was coming out.

"It will end quick, leave me alone." The boy said but he furrowed his eyebrows, opening his eyes as he heard a sound.

"I told you to leave me alone! No-No! Don't!" He tried so hard to push him as he watched the guy tearing a piece of his shirt and wrapping it around of his deep cut.

"No!----I don't want to be saved---Can't you see?!" He got furious but the guy didn't let him move away until he wrapped it tight and good enough for now.

"I want to die... Let me die..." He mumbled as his eyelids became so heavy, his head was dropped on the hay stack as the white cloth around of his wrist started to become red.

"How did it happen... I didn't want it... How could.." He mumbled to himself, his voice getting lower and lower as Mew stared at him with his confused eyes.

He had no idea what happened to that boy.

"Did he..." he finally realized.

"How?" Mew asked as he stared at the dead man on the floor, now not feeling bad as before since he got even more disgusted by him.

"He payed off the guards." The exhausted boy let out a weak chuckle, like it was always happening in there.

That guy didn't leave after them, he wanted to give him a lesson for letting Mew steal the kid and it was easy for him to make guards go away for a while, until he was done with the boy.

"But why..---Why did you kill him now?" Mew got surprised after realizing the guy raped him that day, but he was dead after a week.

The atmosphere was so heavy.The smell was so heavy, Mew's heart was so heavy, the boy's eyes were so heavy as they stayed there for few more seconds without saying anything.

"Let's get you to--" Mew grabbed his arm and was about to carry him since he needed a treatment right now and Mew was back on his senses.

"I can't----please." The boy pleaded, his tone was so low and when Mew looked at his eyes, he couldn't see the boy he saw a week ago.He seemed so fearless, so ready to fight, his eyes were burning; but now those eyes were so desperate.

He really wanted to die and it made Mew's heart drop on the floor.

"Come on." Mew tried again but the boy pushed him with all strength he got. "Just leave me alone---I don't want to be saved---just go away!" The boy was hitting his shoulder again and again as he squirmed and didn't let the guy carry him, doing everything to be not carried.

"He impregnated me!" He screamed when Mew was about to win and take him since the boy wasn't in his best state.

"He fucking impregnated me!---Do you understand?!" He looked at Mew when the guy placed him down again and pulled a bit away.

"But..--how?" He seemed confused, he knew the boy didn't want it.

"I don't know I--" The boy mumbled and Mew felt so awful, horrible in a level he never felt before when he watched the poor boy sniffling as few tears rolled down.He seemed really strong, he really took care of a kid for years and acted strong, but he was breaking like this.Mew couldn't imagine how hard it was to live a life like his.Like theirs.

"I--just can feel it." He said between his tears and Mew saw him looking at his stomach before closing his eyes. "Please..--walk away..---let me die peacefully.." He mumbled and in few seconds Mew realized that he finally passed out.

He lost himself for a while.

He was sitting across the boy and watching him getting closer to death with every second, the white cloth was already soaked in red.

He then looked at the man on the floor, the scene wasn't freaking him out anymore, he felt an urge to grab that thing and stab him over and over again.

"Oh my god!" Mew heard a surprised yell and saw the boy with few guards, he probably went to find someone since Mew didn't go back for a long while.

"Are you okay, sir?" One of them approached to him as the other was reporting others, telling them one of Area X people was dead, which meant the one who killed him was going to get punished.

"Did he hurt you too?" The guard pointed at the unconscious boy and when other two was about to grab him, Mew quickly put his hand on air, it was enough to make them stop since they all knew who he was.

"What happened, sir?" They were all confused, including the small boy who was watching from afar.

"I killed him." He pointed at the dead guy. "He was trying to force himself on my mate."

"But sir--"

"I said I fucking killed him!" Mew suddenly screamed and the guy quickly looked down. "Do you have any problem with that?!"

"No---my apologies, sir." He quickly said and the boy on the door gulped, realizing this man was something more than he thought, he never saw the guards acting like that.

"I hope he dies from losing too much blood and I will make you guys go through hell." He said angrily while lifting the boy up, he felt another tug on his heart since he was so light.

Guards ran after him, already reporting to the office that they needed medical help.

-

"I left you alone---for an hour." Mild messed his hair before looking at his friend. "Just a fucking hour and---you are soaked in blood, Mew."

"Shut the fuck up, Mild." Mew glared at him, his hands still tugging on his hair as he was sitting on the chair with his bloody clothes.

"But seriously.." Mild sat beside him. "How did he get pregnant? I'm %100 sure he didn't want that scum's kid.This is nonsense."

"I don't know." Mew sighed deeply, he was feeling worse than he thought he would feel.He knew going there would destroy him, he didn't even like the idea of some people living like that because of his own family, but witnessing how hard it was with his own eyes was something else.He saw it in that boy's eyes, he was too tired for someone at his age, too hopeless.

"Oh, Mr.Suppasit." The doctor stopped when Mew stood up. "I need to report this--"

"What?" He didn't let him, kept standing on his way.

"He is completely fine, malnutrition and blood loss caused him to pass out.But his body is getting ready for the embryo, I can say that he was impregnated in this week and I need to report this." The guy explained and tried to move again but Mew's hand on his shoulder stopped him, causing Mild to get surprised.

"You don't have to report it."

"But he wasn't matched and it's not allowed to--"

"I'm his match."

Mild's eyes opened in shock as he stared the fuck out of his friend.

"I wanted to see if he lied or not, you know how they act like they will let you impregnate them but they actually don't do it after you save them from this place." He started to talk in a very, very fake tone and Mild knew every word was a damn lie.

"I was here a week ago, if you take further tests you can see that it happened on the exact day I was here." He said with a steady voice.

"Mew--"

"I'm the father." Mew said to the doctor. "Please report them like this and leave the rest to me."

The doctor nodded, seeming a bit surprised as he walked away but he knew the only son of Suppasit family had no reason to lie to him, it was nonsense anyway, so it was probably the truth.

"I am...--having a fucking headache." Mild said before taking his face between his hands.

Mew just stood there and pushed his hair back, taking a deep breath.

This was the first corner he chose to take, this was the first time he decided for something in his life; not forced by his family, this time he made this choice all by himself.

"Let's begin." He mumbled to himself as he stared at his buzzing phone, his dad was calling.

-

Yuan Fen (缘分):

(n) A relationship by fate or destiny; the binding force between two people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5.5K 25
15 years gap yet you still fell in love. Finding love and resisting it.
128K 6.9K 45
Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to forget about it, he never knew that the...
48.5K 2.1K 11
Being in love with someone who will never return your love is painful. [ Mewgulf ] a/n: it's not as sad as the summary makes it sound
Mine By Zoe

Fanfiction

28.1K 1K 24
You came - Vegas You called - Kim He kissed my scar and it times to heal -vegas Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving some...