To Be A Hero - Colossus and A...

By LAC1940

Katharina Maximoff, older sister to 'The Twins' Peter and Wanda, is a senior student at the School For Gifte... More

Note
Cast of Characters
1. A Broken Family
2. School For Gifted Youngsters
3. Daniela's Secret
4. Training
5. Consequences
6. Danger Surrounds Us
7. Mutant Safe Haven
8. Lunch With Dad
9. Family
10. Mutants at the Mall
11. To Be in Love
12. The Brokenhearted
13. Surprise
14. Warren's Story
15. More Surprises
16. Love All Around
18. A Situation
19. Big News
20. Love in the Air
21. All or Nothing
22. Kath's Decision
23. It's Time!
24. Welcome!
25. Katherine Magda Worthington
26. Love is Love
27. New Beginnings
Sequel!

17. A Warm Welcome

252 8 1
By LAC1940

"Wanda?"

"Hi Carol."

The blonde groaned. "W-what happened?"

"How much do you remember?"

"I was at work, and my hands started hurting - burning. And glowing.  Then there was all this bright light and - that's it..." She trailed off.

"Carol, this is my sister, Daniela." The red-head waved.  "And this is Professor Xavier, the headmaster at my boarding school."

Charles gave Carol his kind and caring smile. "Hello, Ms. Danvers, I'm Charles Xavier from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Wanda and Daniela are a couple of my students. I understand that something strange has happened."

"Yeah... I'm sorry, but how is the headmaster of a boarding school going to help me."

Charles smiled. "Because I run a very special school for very special people. And that includes you."

--------------------------------

When Kath entered the kitchen for lunch, she found her metal man already there.

Piotr's lips broke out into a huge smile. "Hi Kath!"

"Hi Piotr," she chuckled. She instantly blushed as her mind conjured the memory of their kiss - their perfect first kiss. 

"How are you today?"

"Good thanks, you?"

"Good, da. Thank you."

They both chuckled, unsure of what else to say, and just staring at each other. 

"May I kiss you again?"

"You read my mind - maybe you're also a telepath.  You don't have to ask, either, but I love that you do."

"Are you feeling okay? Your powers?"

"Yeah, all good."

And they were kissing again, right there in the kitchen. Where anyone could walk in and see them...

A loud, dramatic gasp pulled them abruptly apart.

"Excuse me, but when did this happen?! Oooo, tell me everything, all the details!" Deadpool slid onto one of the counter stools, chin in his hands, legs swinging, expectantly waiting for a story.

"Wade," cried Piotr. "What are you doing here?"

"Was in the area, thought I'd pop in and say hi. So, you two finally did something about it, huh?"

"Beg your pardon?"

"About your super-obvious feelings for each other. Thank God, that was painful to watch, you two dancing around each other all the time. Like, just kiss already!"

"Way ahead of you there," said Kath.

Wade gasped again.  "Well, don't just leave me hanging like that! Give me the details - and don't leave any goodies out!"

Kath rolled her eyes.  "You're worse than my sister with your prying."

"Leave Kath alone, Wade."

"It's fine, Piotr, I'll just ignore him.  

"If only that were easy to do," sighed Piotr. 

-------------------------------

"I-I don't understand. You're saying that I'm a mutant?" Xavier nodded. "But, at the theatre, that was a fire-"

"Unintentionally conjured by you. And I don't think it was quite a fire, but more of an energy blast."

"So wait, you're all mutants?"

"Yes."

Carol was silent for a moment before she scoffed. "My parents are going to kill me."

Now her three visitors shared a glance. 

"We don't get along," she filled them in.  "And they hate mutants. Lapped up all that Worthington crap."

"I see."

"So thanks for the offer, but good luck getting them to agree to send me to an all-mutant school. I would sign for myself, but I'm only seventeen."

"Well, we wouldn't have to give them all the details," said Wanda. "I mean, not tell them it's a school for mutants, but for the gifted."

"Well said, Wanda. I think you should be our new student recruiter." Xavier smiled before turning back to Carol. "Give it some thought, Miss Danvers. I know this is a lot to take at once."

"That's right, it is, but I'm totally sold. I'm all for it, so long as I don't have to live at home."

Wanda's heart wrenched - not that she knew Carol well, but she never would have guessed her clearly difficult home life.

"Think on it. We can discuss this further once you're released from the hospital. But for now, I will leave you. It was nice meeting you, Miss Danvers."

"You too. Thanks Professor."

With that, Xavier wheeled out of the room. 

"Hi," Carol said.

"Hi," Wanda replied.  "I understand if you don't feel up to visitors right now-"

"No, please stay."

Wanda smiled.  "Of course." She gestured to the flowers and card on the table.  "We brought these - Yela helped me pick them out."

"Thank you, that's so sweet."

"Our pleasure! I'll leave you two to chat.  Nice to meet you, Carol!" Daniela called, giving Wanda a thumb's up before slipping out of the room.

------------------------------

"Hey! It's Negasonic Teenage Coolest Name Ever!" Wade cried when Ellie and Yukio entered the kitchen. 

"Hey! It's Douchepool."

"Ellie!" cried Piotr. "See Wade, you are bad influence."

"Oh please, she talked that way long before we met!"

"Well don't encourage, please."

"Who's this?" Wade nodded to Yukio.

"Wade, Yukio. Yukio, Wade," Ellie introduced.

"Hi Wade!"

"Hi Yukio!"

"She's my girlfriend."

"Wow, romance is in the air around here! You and Yukio, these two-"

"Wait, what? When did this happen?" cried Ellie.

"Yesterday."

"You finally talked to him!" cried Ellie. "Took you long enough, Kath."

"I agree," said Wade. 

"Did you just agree with me?"

"Don't get used to it."

---------------------------------

"I have become aware of the dramatic shift in your situation. A big change," Xavier said, eyeing Warren and Daniela from across his desk.  He had called the couple into his office for a mysterious meeting - although they guessed they knew what it was about.  Not so mysterious after all.

"Um, what do you mean, Professor?" Daniela asked, after sharing a glance with her boyfriend. 

"I'm referring to your pregnancy, Daniela."

"Oh, yeah..." She and Warren joined hands.  "Who told you?"

"No one.  I sensed the developing mind and life form before you realized, but I felt it would be best if you discovered it on your own. It wasn't my place to interfere. But, now that you do know about it, I wanted to discuss it with you."

"We were careful," Daniela said. 

"I believe that you were."

 "We didn't mean for this to happen - but that doesn't mean we won't love the baby."

 "I wouldn't suggest that it would mean that.  Have you discussed it all, then?"

The couple shared another glance and nodded.  "We want to keep the baby, we've decided on that much," Daniela informed him.

"Family is important to us, and neither of us have had ideal parental situations," added Warren. 

Xavier nodded.  "Have you told any adults?"

"We are adults-"

"Any adults older than yourselves, Daniela?"

"No. You're the first. But my siblings know."

"You're not gonna kick us out, are you?" Warren asked suddenly.

"No, of course not, I'm sorry you even had to ask," Xavier assured him. "Your family will be welcome here, you and your child have a place within this school, rest assured."

"Thank you, Professor."

"Of course. But I do hope you realize how big this is, how life-changing."

"We do, Professor. And we have lots of time to  prepare."

"Good. And you will have lots of support. Myself included."

"Thank you, Sir."

"You're welcome.  You may leave."

He stopped them again right before they stepped out of the office. 

"Daniela, you haven't told your father yet, then?"

His question struck her.  "He hasn't even met Warren."

Xavier just nodded. 

She hadn't even thought about telling her father. It hadn't even crossed her mind. 

(Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 39 59
A member of the infamous X-Men is putting herself and everyone around her in danger. Julia Lehnserr also known as Polaris, decides to seek shelter wi...
10K 225 20
Y/n Maximoff is the lost twin sister of Quicksilver, Peter Maximoff. She has the ability to control metal, like her father, Magneto. While her powers...
36.4K 1.2K 80
After some random attacks on teen mutant Magneto desides to move all his children in his house. Peter is the youngest and a trouble maker. Wanda is t...
34.5K 934 33
It was a cold and miserable day when the truth was revealed to Lorna. She could still feel the bite of the cold from the exposed room as Baron Von St...