The Devil & The Draxon

By Kilameia

| boyxboy | Lucifer x OC | You know, the devil once loved another, more than anything else. Everyone knows th... More

Epigraph + Info
1. Escape
2. Victim One
3. Victim Two
4. New & Old Faces
5. Concerns
6. Bonding
7. Caught
8. Memories of Meeting
9. Betrayal
10. First Time for Everything
12. Victim Three
13. Friends & Apologies
14. Changing Plans
15. Prayer
16. Gone
17. The Silver City
18. Apologies
19. Victims Four & Five
20. Murder, Marriage & a Little Bit of Fun
21. Nightmares
22. Friendly Bonding
23. Behind Backs
24. Finding Out
25. To Heal
26. What's Next
27. A Warm Welcome
28. His Lover's Partner (pt. 1)
29. His Lover's Partner (pt. 2)
30. Back to Semi-Normal
31. What Happened in Rome
32. Going Off Script
33. All I Have
34. New to Earth
35. For my Sanity's Sake
36. Highs & Lows
37. What a Nightmare
38. Protecting & Saving
39. Vengeance Shall be Ours This Night
40. One Last Case
41. Welcome to the Dragonlands
42. The Battle of the Moon & Sun
43. Things That Hiss in the Night
44. Hearing Things
45. Desperation
46. The Returning
47. Fears
48. The Brightest Night
49. The Battle of the Moon & Sun (Reprise)
50. The Letters
Interlude: If You Take the Draxon Camping
51. Guess Who's Back
52. Breaking
53. The Queen's Return
54. You're Mine & I'm Yours
55. The Devil's Back
56. Creating Memories
57. Tired Devils & Murderous Urges
58. Demons & Dragons
59. Sinful Souls
60. Forgetting & Fights
61. Forever
Interlude: Once Upon a Time
Interlude: Behind the Scenes Thing
Prequel?
I Hate You All
Interlude: Christmas Special
5.9: Family Dinner
6.3: Rory's Arrival
Interlude: A Different Path

11. Return of the Draxon

4.4K 139 3
By Kilameia

Nyx wakes slowly, his eyes opening to find himself in his throne room, in dragon form resting on the throne.

He tries to stand, only for his legs to shake and give out.

*Great,* he hisses. *So I get resurrected as soon as my magic is strong enough only to awake with no power or strength... Well, at least I now know what happens when I die.*

*Nyx?* Jinx lands on the balcony, running into the room. *Finally, you're back.*

*Mhmm. How'd you know so fast? And how long hasn't it been?*

*The gates reopened; they've been closed ever since you... you died. It's been... it's been nearly six months.*

*Six months,* Nyx whispers, Jinx helping him stand. *Has anything interesting happened?*

*Not really,* the golden dragon replies. *Everyone's left little gifts and such for you though.*

Nyx looks around the throne room, now noticing the many gifts lining the walls. *Wow...*

*Come on, you need rest and food,* Jinx says, trying to nudge the draxon towards his bedroom.

*No, I need to find Luci,* Nyx counters.

*You can't even stand on your own. You're resting and recovering.*

*Mean dragon,* Nyx mumbles.

*Yes yes, I'm horrible. Now let's go.*

Finishing the song, Lucifer swirls his cup lightly, watching the liquid inside dance with the movement. Music echoes through the crowded floor of Lux.

No matter what he does, he can't seem to fill the empty space in his heart or ease the feeling of loneliness. Not even sex has helped, it just gives him a feeling that he's betraying someone or something.

The feeling has lingered ever since he found himself in that warehouse, blood covering his hands. Lucifer knows something important happened there, but he can't remember what. He suspects someone has manipulated his memory, but with Nyx locked in Hell, he can't think of anyone but God who may have that ability and even still, it's only a possibility.

Setting his glass down, he rests his hands on the piano keys, tensing as someone covers his eyes from behind.

"Guess who," a soft, familiar voice whispers.

Before he can answer, Lucifer is pulled inside his mind and led to a closed door. The door is opened by the mental intruder, and memories that had been locked away spill out. Memories that explain everything that's been troubling the devil.

"Nyx," Lucifer says, blinking and spinning around.

Nyx gives him a smile, sitting next to the devil. "I'm back."

"You erased my memory," Lucifer accuses, upset. "Why?"

"I..." Nyx looks away. "I wasn't sure if I would come back after dying. I couldn't let you lose me again so soon, Luci, I know that would break you."

Lucifer doesn't answer right away, knowing the draxon is right. "Let's go up to the penthouse; we'll need some privacy."

Nyx follows the devil into the elevator, where they share a passionate kiss. Lucifer pulls away as they step out into the penthouse, guilt overcoming his features and now keeping some space between him and the draxon.

"Nyx," Lucifer whispers. "I..."

Lucifer looks away, unable to continue. Nyx's eyes narrow, his previous suspicions now confirmed. He steps towards Lucifer, pulling the devil against his chest.

"Never again, Luci," he growls.

"I promise," Lucifer whispers, resting his head against the draxon's chest. "I promise."

"Good. Now, what have I missed?"

"Well, Mom's gone forever," Lucifer says. "I... used the flaming sword, ripping a hole to a new dimension and she went through. And there's this."

Lucifer lets his wings come out. Nyx's eyes light up, a grin coming to his lips. Lucifer smiles slightly, rolling his eyes as he sees Nyx's habit of playing with his wings won't be broken. The devil doesn't complain though, it feels good having the draxon's fingers running through his wings.

As Lucifer expected, Nyx reaches out and buries his fingers in the soft white feathers. A soft moan escapes the devil's lips at the forgotten feeling, Nyx lightly scratching his nails over the wing.

"Feel good, Luci?" Nyx says, amused.

"Yes. I don't let anyone touch my wings, especially if they could easily break them."

"And letting me touch them is a show of trust," Nyx finishes, making Lucifer nod.

Nyx moves closer to the devil, reaching around him to pet the base of his wings. Another quiet moan escapes Lucifer's lips at the warmth that spreads through him, the two sharing another passionate kiss.

"Should I show you who you belong to again?" Nyx whispers in the devil's ear.

Lucifer smirks and nods. "Please."

"Lucifer," Chloe says, seeing the devil walking into the precinct, a curious-looking stranger with him. "Who's this?"

"Ah Detective," Lucifer says. "This is Nyxeus, my lover."

"Nyxeus? Like the draxon?"

Lucifer nods, "exactly."

"So is this a serious relationship?" Chloe asks before she can stop herself. "Sorry, it's none of my business."

"But yes, it is serious," Lucifer says. "He's... different, and I know he's the one for me."

"Aw thanks Luci," Nyx says with a smile. He looks to the detective, "it's nice to meet you. Luci talks about you and your work nonstop."

"I do not," Lucifer counters.

Chloe smiles, seeing the clear love the two have. "Oh, Lucifer, Ella found some more stuff for the case from yesterday."

"Great, so are we anywhere closer to catching our killer then?"

"Not really. Come on, I think she said she'd have more by now."

Lucifer looks from her to the draxon, who tilts his head.

"I'll be fine, Luci," Nyx says. "I can take care of myself. And I won't get into trouble."

The devil sighs then follows the Detective to the forensics lab, leaving the draxon alone.

"Excuse me." Nyx turns and sees the new lieutenant, Marcus Pierce. The man beckons Nyx to follow, "I'd like to speak with you."

Following the lieutenant to his office, Pierce locks the door and shuts the blinds, then goes to lean against his desk. Nyx sits on one of the chairs, a smile on his lips.

"How's my favourite human?" Nyx says, sounding like this was perfectly normal.

"So you know," Pierce says, not surprised.

"Of course. It's been centuries, but you still carry the same scent. And I looked into your mind as soon as you spoke."

Pierce smiles dryly. "Favourite, huh?"

Nyx returns the look. "Well, I don't have much experience, do I? Though I regret missing that Broken Hearts killer you investigated; from your memories, he seems delightful. And besides, have you forgotten who helped you kill Abel? If that doesn't show favouritism, I don't know what does."

"I thought that was just curiosity," Pierce replies. "The 'what would happen if a mortal died?' curiosity."

"Oh, for the most part it was. But I could have chosen to help Abel instead. Or even killed both of you myself. Oh, that would've angered my ever-so-dear father in law, wouldn't it have?"

Pierce raises an eyebrow. "You're... different."

Nyx chuckles. "So says everyone who knew me then. Centuries in Hell for something I didn't do. I seem to have gone a bit mad... Does Luci know?"

"Not yet," Pierce says. "And I don't plan on telling him."

Giving the draxon a pointed look, Nyx smiles. "My lips are sealed."

Pierce nods. "Lucifer hasn't mentioned you before today. I didn't know you got out of Hell."

"Oh I did around six months ago," Nyx says with a grin. "There was a fun game of hide and seek with the demons who framed me, and I ended up dying. I only woke up yesterday. I erased all memory of my brief time on Earth so I wouldn't end up being a wanted serial killer, though that does sound exciting. Tell me, what's it like being this criminal mastermind, Sinnerman?"

"Did you look at all my memories?"

"For the most part. Don't worry dear, I won't tell anyone."

"Well, it's not all shits and giggles, that's for sure."

"Really? And here I was getting excited. So you don't just kill for fun?"

Pierce raises an eyebrow, starting to see just how much the draxon changed. "No. Personally, I prefer to have a good reason to kill. It creates less chance for attention to be drawn to me."

"Oh... Well, do let me know if something comes up. I would be glad to take care of it for you, Lieutenant."

"You? The draxon acting as a killer for hire? I thought you were all about protecting the innocent."

Nyx smiles pleasantly. "Well, that was before. I won't hurt innocents, but I do enjoy playing with a deserving criminal. You should see the way they panic when they suddenly can't control their own body and can only watch as they carve their own skin and break their own bones. It's delightful."

Pierce nods, shivering uncomfortably. "Well, I'll keep that in mind if I ever need an assassin, for legal or illegal business. You know how to cover your tracks, right?"

"Have you found any papers about me and various brutal murders of unidentified victims?" When Pierce shakes his head, Nyx smirks. "I can get rid of anything relating to me in any way with my magic. No one would even know I existed."

"Good," Pierce replies. "Can I assume you'll be monitoring my mind so I can contact you through that?"

"Of course. Now, Luci is looking for me, so we'll have to end here. I'll see you soon, Cain."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14 0 15
Amid swirling emotions, Moxie finds himself caught between two captivating guys: Ares, who used to bully him but now stirs unexpected feelings, and L...
1.1M 53K 30
There is no one in the world who could possibly love me, I know it. I've pretty much resigned to crying under my covers at night as my boyfriend who...
35K 888 17
After the death of his love Chloe and the loss of his wings, Lucifer finds that he gets past his grieving with the help of an unlikely friend whom he...
384 41 23
"No matter who you are, someone is destined to find you."​ Soul Mate /ˈsōl ˌmāt/ noun plural noun: soulmates A person ideally suited to another as...