Across The Stars // Star Wars...

By sunsets_and_quills

"They say home is where your heart is. Mine is among the stars, across the universe." The Force is a beautifu... More

Intro + Cast
🎶Playlist🎶
Prologue
✰Chapter 1✰
✰Chapter 2✰
✰Chapter 3✰
✰Chapter 4✰
✰Chapter 5✰
✰Chapter 6✰
✰Chapter 7✰
✰Chapter 8✰
✰Chapter 9✰
✰Chapter 10✰
✰Chapter 11✰
✰Chapter 12✰
✰Chapter 13✰
✰Chapter 15✰
✰Chapter 16✰
✰Chapter 17✰
✰Chapter 18✰
✰Chapter 19✰
✰Chapter 20✰
✰Chapter 21✰
✰Chapter 22✰
✰Chapter 23✰
✰Chapter 24✰
✰Chapter 25✰
✰Chapter 26✰
✰Chapter 27✰
✰Chapter 28✰
✰Chapter 29✰
✰Chapter 30✰
✰Chapter 31✰
✰Chapter 32✰
✰Chapter 33✰
✰Chapter 34✰
✰Chapter 35✰
✰Chapter 36✰
✰Chapter 37✰
✰Chapter 38✰
✰Chapter 39✰
✰Chapter 40✰
✰Chapter 41✰
✰Chapter 42✰
✰Chapter 43✰
✰Chapter 44✰
✰Chapter 45✰
✰Chapter 46✰
✰Chapter 47✰
✰Chapter 48✰
✰Chapter 49✰
✰Chapter 50✰
✰Chapter 51✰
✰Chapter 52✰
✰Chapter 53✰
✰Chapter 54✰
✰Chapter 55✰
✰Chapter 56✰
✰Chapter 57✰
✰Epilogue Pt. 1✰
✰Epilogue Pt. 2✰

✰Chapter 14✰

531 14 11
By sunsets_and_quills

"This is ridiculous," I mutter to myself as I peer into the darkness around me. For hours, I haven't seen anything but stars and distant planets. I have no clue how to go into Hyperspace and I'm surprised I haven't accidentally flown into a meteor field yet.

I let out a long breath and close my eyes, resting my head against the headrest. My eyes burn from staring into space and I haven't eaten in over eighteen hours. Also, I'm heavily sleep-deprived, which is not helping the situation at all. Coming out here was a mistake. I should have taken R2 with me.

I flip a switch on the control panel and a light turns on above my head. I take the slip of paper from the pocket of my robes and hold it up. Even though I don't need the paper, it's nice to have something physical instead of some weird feeling I can't seem to shake. Never before has the Force been this strong yet so vague. I know I'm headed somewhere, I just don't know where or why.

"Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force," I mumble to myself. "Get me out of here. Please."

I put the paper in my lap and put my hands on the steering controls. I have no clue where I'm going, but I follow the feeling inside me. It takes me another few hours, but I end up in front of a large freighter. The hatch of the freighter opens as soon as I arrive and my eyes widen. I try to fly away, but the ship and I are drawn inside.

I decide to trust the Force and fly inside, landing on the landing platform. I wait until the hatch is fully closed until I get out. "Hello?" I call, only to hear my own echo respond.

The sound of a door opening behind me makes me whip around and I reach for the Lightsaber that hangs from my belt. I ignite it and hold it up in front of me. The door fully opens and two figures step through, cloaked by darkness. "Who's there?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"Raven?" a very familiar voice answers and a soft roar follows. I lower my Saber.

"Dad? Chewie?" I ask and they step into the light, a bright smile appearing on my father's face. "Dad!" I run up to him and lock him in a tight hug. "What are you doing out here?"

"I can ask you the same thing, kid. Are you out here all by yourself?" he asks, pulling back and looking me over. "Are you okay? You're shaking."

I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't really like flying," I say, motioning to the X-Wing behind me. "I'm actually on my way to get Poe."

"Dameron? Where is he?" Dad asks.

I release a soft breath and look down. "The First Order."

"The First..." he starts to say only to sigh deeply. "You were going to face the First Order on your own?"

"No," I say quickly. "I don't know. Probably not."

"Oh, you are my daughter," Dad chuckles, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Let's go eat something, I'm sure you're hungry."

I giggle. "I'm starving."

***

"Anything happen?" Dad asks as he enters. My feet are resting on the control panel of the vessel that Dad and Chewie have been living in for the past couple of months. A plate with breakfast lies in my lap as I stare out into space. I glance at the radar.

"No, nothing," I tell him. He steals a piece of fruit from my plate as he sits down next to me.

I can feel him looking at me but I choose to keep my eyes on the radar. "Raven, it's been three days and we haven't heard from either the Resistance or the First Order. What is our plan?" he asks.

I let out a breath, putting my plate aside. "Honestly, I have no idea," I mutter. I lean my elbows on my legs and rub my face with my hands. "I don't know what I'm doing, Dad. The Force is speaking to me every second of the day but I don't know what it needs from me. I came here because it guided me but now that I'm here, I have no idea what to do or where to go next."

He shortly places his hand on my knee. "You'll figure it out, kid. Take as long as you need. You're safe here with us," he says, smiling softly.

I smile back. "Thank you."

The sound of the radar beeping draws our attention away. A large yellow dot appears on the radar and I frown. "Is it me or is that dot a whole lot bigger than the others we've seen?" I ask softly. I don't receive a reply so I look up, finding my father staring out the window with widened eyes. I follow his gaze and gasp. "Is that...?"

"The Millennium Falcon? You tell me!" he calls, running to activate the overriding system toward the Falcon.

"I'll get the hatch!" I say, running to the lever on the other side of the room and pulling it over. I hear the sound of the hatch opening downstairs and I run back to the window, seeing how the Falcon is drawn inside the freighter. "This is crazy, I thought we'd never see her again."

"Yeah, you and me both, kid." Dad grins and we hurry toward the cargo hold where the Falcon is standing tall and proud. "Okay, let's crack her open. Chewie!"

Chewie comes running in our direction, holding several pieces of equipment. I stand back while I watch Dad and Chewie work on getting the side hatch open. I close my eyes and scan the ship. "Two people," I say. "I don't think they're armed."

Dad takes his blaster from its holster and Chewie holds up his crossbow. "Just in case," Dad says, shrugging. I roll my eyes before taking my Lightsaber from my belt, igniting it. The door slides open and we rush inside.

The inside of the Falcon seems to be vacant of any people, but I know we're not alone. I can hear the rapid heartbeats of the other people loud and clear. I just have to figure out where the sound is coming from.

Dad lets out a breath. "Chewie," he says. "We're home."

Chewie lets out a roar before we part ways and inspect the ship on our own. Dad flicks a few switches and presses a few buttons, Chewie is mumbling to himself and I am following the sound of the heartbeats, but every time I think I've found the source, it's as if they change direction.

Under my feet, the sudden clank of a metal object falling to the ground sounds and I look up, finding Dad and Chewie staring at the floor with wide eyes. I join Dad's side as Chewie rips the metal raster from the ground, revealing two people hiding in the smuggling compartment of the Falcon.

The boy and girl stare up at us in horror, their mouths covered by oxygen masks. Dad raises his blaster at them and I tightly grip my Saber. "Where's the pilot?" Dad asks.

"I'm the pilot," the girl says.

"You?" Dad asks and Chewie roars at them.

"It's true, we're the only ones on board," she says quickly and Dad shoots me a glance. I nod softly and lower my Lightsaber, turning it off and hanging it on my belt.

"Come on out of there," I say and when the girl moves aside, I gasp. "BB-8?" I call out and the droid beeps excitedly. He lifts himself out of the compartment with wires and I crouch down. "What are you doing here?" I ask him. He beeps a few times. "What? That's not possible? Where is Poe?"

BB-8 beeps once and looks up at the boy, who is wearing a very familiar jacket. I take my Saber and ignite it, holding its end in front of the boy's face. "Where did you get that jacket?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"It was a friend's," he says quickly, raising his hands.

"It was Poe Dameron's," I say.

"Yeah, how did you know?" he asks.

"I'm his... He's my-" I start, struggling to find the right words.

"Boyfriend?" the boy asks, raising a brow.

"No, definitely not," I say. "He's my best friend. And that's his jacket."

"I'm sorry, but Poe's not coming back," he says and I frown. He shrugs it off, holding it out to me. I hesitate to take it.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, tears burning my eyes. I look down at BB-8 and find him with his head low. He lets out a saddened beep. "No, that's not true."

Dad takes my arm and removes my Lightsaber from my palm, turning it off. He places the jacket in my hands. "Where did you get this ship?" he asks the duo in front of us, but I'm not listening. I just stare at the leather jacket in my hands and I trace my thumb over the red Resistance logo.

I sink down on a stool and BB-8 rolls up to me, softly bumping my leg. I place my hand on his head. "I'm sorry, buddy," I say quietly and he beeps a few times. I can't help but smile. "Yeah, you're right. Thank you." I get up again, wiping the stray tear from my cheek. I put the jacket on and even though it's a little too big, it's comfortable.

Dad looks at the strays and says, "Well, you tell him Han Solo just stole back the Millennium Falcon for good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89K 2.3K 26
After being set up whilst on a mission, Rey endures a pain beyond words as she discovers who you really are, which is overwhelming and shocking. You...
29K 703 82
-TAKES PLACE RIGHT AFTER THE FORCE AWAKENS- (Based on the theory that Rey is Luke's daughter) Rey lands on Ahch-To where she finally finds the Last J...
79.4K 1.4K 43
Annie Solo is sent on a mission with Poe Dameron, the greatest fighter pilot the galaxy has ever seen. When it goes awry, they are separated and Anni...
125K 4.3K 72
The night Kylo Ren was born, he destroyed half of the Jedi Knights training under Luke Skywalker. The other half he gave a tantalizing offer: join hi...