๐Œ๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐–๐„๐€๐Š๐๐„๐’๏ฟฝ...

By moonliiqt

๐Œ๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐–๐„๐€๐Š๐๐„๐’๐’. โYou, Olivia Campbell, are a complete mystery to me and I hate it. I hate not... More

๐„๐—๐“๐„๐๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ ๐’๐”๐Œ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐˜
๐‚๐‡๐€๐‘๐€๐‚๐“๐„๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐€๐‘๐ƒ
๐‚๐€๐’๐“
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„
1.01 | THE DREAM
1.02 | NEW YET FAMILIAR FACES
1.03 | UNINVITED GUESTS
1.04 | FOUNDER'S DAY
1.05 | THE GILBERT DEVICE; ACTIVATED
1.06 | THE BLACK SHEEP
1.07 | AVOIDED SECRETS
1.08 | THE CARNIVAL
1.09 | GOING TO DUKE
1.10 | THE BARBEQUE
1.11 | SOCIETY VOLUNTEER DAY
1.12 | THE KISS
1.13 | THE VAMPIRE AND THE WOLF
1.14 | THE CONFRONTATION
1.15 | MASQUERADE
1.16 | THE MORNING AFTER
1.17 | BLACKOUT
1.18 | THE CRASH
1.19 | BARRIER SPELLS AND MOONSTONES
1.20 | FULL MOON RISING
1.21 | A NEW VENGEANCE
1.22 | JOHN GILBERT
1.23 | THE MEETING
1.24 | FREE COFFEE
1.25 | HALLUCINATIONS
1.26 | WARLOCK RUN-INS
1.27 | MEETING ELIJAH
1.28 | THE DINNER PARTY
1.29 | OUT OF THE TOMB
1.30 | THE TRUTH REVEALED
1.31 | INVITATIONS
1.32 | THE ORIGINAL HYBRID
1.33 | THE DECADE DANCE
1.34 | BREAKING POINT
1.35 | THE NEW DEAL
1.36 | SIDE EFFECTS
1.37 | APRIL 27TH
1.38 | DEATH ANNIVERSARY
1.39 | A HELL OF A SURPRISE
1.40 | APRIL 28TH
1.41 | THREE MISTAKES
1.42 | SHARING BLOOD
1.43 | THE RITUAL
1.44 | BREAKING THE CURSE
1.45 | THE BRINK OF DEATH
1.46 | GOODBYE FOR NOW
๐‚๐€๐’๐“ ๐€๐ƒ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐–๐Ž
2.01 | NEW BEGINNINGS
2.02 | CONSUMING PAIN
2.03 | THE BIRTHDAY
2.04 | FINALLY
2.05 | THE DIFFICULTIES WITH HAPPINESS
2.06 | THE FIRST TURNED
2.07 | OBSESSIVE LIES
2.08 | TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT
2.09 | SEEING THE DEAD
2.10 | SENIOR PRANK NIGHT
2.11 | THE FIGHT CONTINUES
2.12 | STARTLING OCCURRENCES
2.13 | EXPLODING THOUGHTS
2.14 | THE AFTERMATH
2.15 | GHOST WORLD
2.16 | THE RIFT
2.17 | TRANSLATING CHAOS
2.18 | FATAL HAPPINESS
2.19 | SUNRISE
2.20 | HOMECOMING DISASTERS
2.21 | THE LONG NIGHT
2.23 | THE EXCHANGE
2.24 | THE CONSTITUTION OF HAPPINESS
2.25 | CHECKMATE
2.26 | BURIED ALIVE

2.22 | AND SO THE SUN RISES

3.1K 144 40
By moonliiqt

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
And So The Sun Rises 
❝If the word okay leaves your lips I'm going to kill you.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 blistering sun bled through her bedroom window painfully; another sigh escaped her lips followed by an exhausted huff of air ⏤ another day, another chance. A chance for her to regain herself, find her way through the suffocating darkness and escape the deadly silent whirlwind around her. A scarce few days had passed since the aftermath of Homecoming panned out... or maybe it was a week. Honestly, she wasn't entirely sure at this point. Every morning seemed to settle like the last and every night appeared to subdue like the one before.

She hadn't really let her room at all in the last few days. All she did was stay inside and draw or paint to relieve herself of some pent up feelings. Occasionally she'd just stare blankly at the ceiling and wait for the day to end and for the hole in her chest to heal. She supposed it would eventually, she just had to wait a little longer. Though waiting was the only thing she did recently and the tribrid was growing more and more exhausted with being patient.

Olivia pulled herself into a seated position on her bed reluctantly, grabbing her phone and glimpsing over the screen. A continuous string of missed calls, messages and voicemails filtered across her view and sighing heavily, she played the most recent one.

"Hey, Liv... It's Tyler, well you probably already know that but... I guess I'm just calling to... well..." an audible sigh erupted across the line as the hybrid inhaled a heavy breath. "Look, Liv I haven't seen you for a while and I guess I'm just worried; we all are. So please just... just call me back." A low monotone beep followed his words before silence settled once more.

It was just Tyler she hadn't talked to recently, it was... well everyone. Though that didn't stop them all for leaving continuous messages and voicemails clouding her phone. The only one she didn't have a single message from was Damon whose mind was still focused on how their last exchange of words went. All he could do was use Stefan as a human buffer of sorts to find out how she was holding up. He wanted to talk to her after their fight, he just couldn't find the words.

Besides, Olivia tended to isolate herself when dealing with something. She wasn't the type to confide in others or let them in or actually talk to them. Isolation and seclusion seemed to be two things she excelled at and surprisingly it helped maintain a sense of peacefulness and tranquillity around her. One that momentarily helped her forget the pain...

With the recollection of those memories, however, she realised something. It didn't hurt anymore. In fact, she just felt rather... empty and exhausted ⏤ though she supposed that could have easily been because of the lack of blood she'd consumed in the last week. Nonetheless, those two void feelings seemed to somewhat help her ⏤ temporarily anyway.

Grabbing her sketchbook from her nightstand, Olivia flickered through the thick pages, settling on the unfinished image she'd started the previous day where her lead pencil was still resting on the central crease. This was one was quite unlike the others; though she supposed that could be said for most images she was drawing recently. Most of them were significantly similar, not depicting a clear or distinguishable face just various shadows which all looked rather life-like and ominous.

She supposed her mind simply kept being drawn to an occurrence a few nights ago; a night which Jeremy unexpectedly showed up at her house when she wasn't responding to anyone's messages or calls. Olivia assumed the others collectively agreed to send someone to check up on her and report back, monitor her almost. Whilst initially she simply wanted to be left alone, eventually, she deemed his spontaneous visit as rather helpful.

"You okay?" Jeremy's words floated between the silence between them and soon after she shifted her gaze to meet his concerned eyes.

"Yeah, sure." She murmured, making him sigh lightly.

Things weren't going particularly well for either of them right now ⏤ Olivia was struggling to mourn the loss of two people she never knew whilst Jeremy was reeling from the repercussions of Klaus and his attempts to regain the coffins Stefan had stolen from him. Not only had Alaric got hit by a car and suffered through altered healing factors due to his ring acting up, but a daggered Rebekah ⏤ who Olivia was unaware was even daggered in the first place ⏤ was now back in Klaus's possession. One sibling down, three to go... and then there was the mysterious entity in the final locked box to deal with.

"Is there anything I can do... help you in any way?" He asked, shifting his body towards her lightly from his current position on the floor, leaning against the foot of Olivia's bed with the blonde sat close beside him.

"No, Jer, I just ⏤ " she was about to tell him she just wanted to be left alone when another thought flickered through her mind. "Actually there may be something," she paused as he listened to her intently. "You still have that link to the Other Side, right?"

A wary expression was quick to cover his features. "Yeah, I think so... why?"

Olivia proceeded to explain to him what she needed his help with which primarily consisted of having Jeremy attempt to locate and communicate with her parents of the Other Side. A surprised and dubious expression crossed his features before his expression landed on one of hesitation.

He was worried that she'd get her hopes up and that it wouldn't work but even more so worried that what they may find wouldn't be what she was expecting; hoping. And after everything she'd been through, he didn't want to drag away the last ounce of hope she had. "Liv, are you sure that you ⏤" he began to protest.

"Yeah, Jeremy, I'm sure." She nodded with certainty.

He remained hesitant for several more seconds, trying to evaluate her expression and distinguish if this was what she really wanted. Eventually, he gave in. "Okay." Jeremy closed his eyes moments later whilst Olivia watched him intently, her eyes flickering across the room every so often to find a sign of something happening; anything happening. After Bonnie reclosed the opening rift between the Other Side and the real world, Olivia's established link to the Other Side diminished, but still, she remained able to see the people Jeremy could somehow form a communication with or summon.

"Do you know what they look like? Their names?" Jeremy queried before realising his mistake. "Uh, sorry that was a stupid question, of course, you don't." He muttered quietly before he settled on picturing Olivia instead. He supposed since they were related by blood, it would be the most reasonable attempt to locate her parents somehow.

The lingering silence in the room was eventually obliterated by subtle whispers. Not the usual whispering Olivia heard which was simply a mess of chaotic humming in her head but a defined whispering from a specific unfamiliar voice ⏤ it was almost like someone was trying to talk to her.

"Olivia, do you ⏤" he wasn't able to finish his question as a heavy breeze picked up throughout the room, causing the dim lamp on Olivia's nightstand to sizzle gently before flickering on and off. The gust of wind picked up immensely, ruffling both Olivia and Jeremy's hair as he tried to maintain his concentration.

Liv cast her eyes wearily across the room, noticing a faint shadow flickering past the yellow glow across the back wall before it dissipated into thin air. Her lips parted slightly in vague disbelief due to all that was happening when Jeremy was simply attempting to contact her parents and the eerie atmosphere brought along with it was startling to say the least.

"Olivia? " A female voice echoed gently across the room, prompting Jeremy's eyes to flash open and immediately widen; Olivia's mirrored his own before the slight breeze was instantly diminished, the whispering vanquished and the light in the room faded back to normal.

"Liv, I'm sorry..." Jeremy began.

Olivia remained silent for several long moments before finally finding the right words. "It's okay, Jeremy." Olivia forced an unconvincing smile onto her lips. "Really, it's fine."

Jeremy looked towards her, staring into her pale and fragile eyes for several moments before he wrapped his arm around her and eventually she leaned her head against his shoulder and they simply stayed like that for a while. "Hey, Liv." Jeremy eventually said softly prompting Olivia to hum lightly and weight for him to continue. "Mikael may have been the furthest thing from a good person, but even he was right about one thing," he paused. "Your parents had to have loved you... There isn't a single person who couldn't."

Olivia's vibrating phone pulled her abruptly from the memory and as she reached for her the device, her eyes were drawn back to her finished sketch that she must've fallen into a tranquil haze in order to complete. Though the picture itself hardly depicted tranquillity; in fact, it resembled a ceratin darkness and not just because of the dismal shadow.

Pulling her eyes from the image, she glimpsed down at her phone screen, viewing an incoming call from Jeremy. Initially, she pondered her options, contemplating them thoroughly before eventually deciding to answer. She supposed she couldn't hide away from life forever, eventually, she had to continue living and... move on. Though the problem was, she no longer understood what she was trying to move on from.

"Hey... Liv." Jeremey's voice sounded across the line.

"Um, hey, Jer... What's going on?" Olivia queried.

The Gilbert's voice was strained and hesitant as he said his next words with a gentle exhale of air. "There's something I have to tell you."

⏤⏤⏤⏤

A heavy huff of air left Olivia's lips, draining out her stifled regret for coming here ⏤ Mystic Falls High School. She dragged herself down the hall lazily, her vision darkened due to the thickly rimmed black sunglasses covering most of her face. Her appearance seemed to match the way she was feeling ⏤ from how her hair was pulled back messily to the comfortable, loose clothing she'd thrown on this morning.

Eventually, she neared her locker, proceeding to fumble with the combination code. She sighed in frustration when she couldn't get it open ⏤ either it was jammed or she'd just completely forgotten what her code was. Either way, growing progressively more annoyed, she tugged sharply on the metal lock, consequently breaking it and as soon as she did, a light groan of pain slips her lips at how sore and weak her wrist was in response to the action.

"What's up with the sunglasses?" Tyler asked as he approached the blonde, noticing her in the halls of the high school for what felt like the first time weeks. As he spoke, his tone portrayed his best attempts at sounding convincingly nonchalant and casual. He was trying to bring a sense of normalcy back to Olivia's life and she was doing the same ⏤ that's why she showed up at school today in the first place. She couldn't retain herself to her room forever, she needed to actually breathe the fresh air and move on; ignore and forget if she had to.

However, another reason she chose today of all days to integrate herself back into life was because today was October 10th ⏤ Caroline's birthday.

In response to Tyler's words, Olivia pulled off the sunglasses that were obstructing her face, revealing the heavy bags beneath her eyes and continuing to show the contrast between her exceedingly pale skin. "Happy now?" She asked blandly.

"You look like you haven't seen the light of day in years." Tyler mused, making her smile scarcely and prompting Tyler to feel an inward rush of relief ⏤ slowly by slowly, she was healing.

"Liv, what happened to you?" Caroline's voice made Olivia turn over her shoulder to see the familiar blonde approaching them. In response to her words, the tribrid gave her a questionable look which prompted her to continue. "Your hair... it's a mess." She clarified making Tyler laugh as Olivia smiled once more; this one slightly wider than the last.

That's progress. She thought inwardly.

Tyler smiled over at Caroline as he wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her affectionately on the cheek. "Happy birthday, Care." 

"Yeah, happy birthday," Olivia added similarly before noticing a strange look flicker across her expression; one she knew all too well. "What's with you?"

"I'm just not really feeling my birthday this year. That's all." She smiled half-heartedly. "But, um, how are you... with everything?"

"Fine, I'm... I'm okay." She nodded, uncertain if she meant the words that slipped from her mouth or was simply putting up another front or facade. "Just... adjusting." She added, noticing the others nod awkwardly which encouraged her to come up with an excuse to escape the situation. "I'm going to start heading to class but... I'll see you later." With those words, she left Caroline and Tyler, intending to do just as she mentioned and locate her English class.

After she'd left, Tyler and Caroline exchanged an evidently similar look. "She'll be fine, Care." Tyler ensured to inform the girl, though he was unsure whether he was trying to convince Caroline with his words or trying to convince himself.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

"You made Damon compel Jeremy to leave town... why?" Olivia's English class had scarcely ended and the halls were just beginning to flood with clusters of students when the tribrid caught sight of Elena and found herself incapable of saying nothing. Without so much as a greeting, those words escaped her lips and she found herself too exhausted to care who was around to listen.

"You, um, you heard about that?" The brunette responded uncomfortably though Olivia made no response. It became apparent fairly early on to the tribrid that Damon had compelled him. Not only was Jeremey's sudden urge to leave spontaneous and unlike him, but his explanation as to why he was leaving sounded entirely like something Elena would say ⏤ down to the explicit way the words were phrased.

Elena sighed before finally continuing. "Liv, I'm more upset than anyone about this but it's the only way to keep him safe."

Olivia shook her head lightly. "Reality check, Elena: no one in this town is ever safe, and if anything Jeremy is more capable of taking care of himself than most." She reasoned. "He has a resurrecting ring."

"One he was compelled to take off." Elena countered.

"Which would have never happened if he was drinking vervain."

"Are you saying this is my fault?" The brunette retaliated questionably.

Olivia was unable to resist the urge to roll her eyes, but it was more so in exasperation than anything else. "Maybe I am, Elena," She remarked. "You can't control the choices of the people around you. You can't do what's easiest for you because it's not right for everyone else. Jeremy would have never left given the choice, whether he was at risk or not. He would have stayed." She paused. "He would have stayed for you."

Olivia wasn't particularly annoyed or angry with Elena ⏤ truthfully she couldn't find the energy within her to express anything of the sort; she wasn't even mad at Damon, only... conflicted. Partly due to Damon failing to tell her about what he was intending to do and partially because he forcefully took away Jeremy's choice ⏤ compelling him to leave rather than allowing him to on his own terms.

After those words, Elena, despite feeling mildly regretful and upset, was still certified on holding up to her decision though didn't say anything more whilst the tribrid turned around and began leaving. She only managed to take several steps, however, before a strange light-headed haze washed over her and she stumbled moderately.

Seconds later, she felt someone's hand on her arm. "Liv, are you okay?" Tyler asked cautiously, keeping her steady on her feet.

"Yeah, I'm good, I just... I just tripped." She dismissed, attempting to force a convincing smile onto her lips though the hybrid's expression remained one of uncertainty. "Tyler, really, I'm... just a little out of it." She reasoned.

The hybrid nodded and proceeded to reluctantly let go of her arm. However ⏤ much to her dismay ⏤ he didn't drop the matter so simply either. "Liv, I know you don't want to talk about what's going on but... I'm worried about you... like seriously worried." He informed her. "I've never seen you like this before and it's stressing me out... okay?" He added though Olivia found herself unable to concentrate on his words, feeling the same drowsy haze was over her once more. "Are you even listening to me right now?" Tyler resorted in regard to her silence.

His words merely came out as muted distant words to the tribrid.

The last thing she remembered was her eyes fluttering closed before she collapsed to the ground, Tyler managed to scarcely catch her before her body collided with the concrete flooring of the corridors. "Oh my god, Olivia, are you okay?" The hybrid immediately rushed to question in panic, shaking the girl lightly and brushing the hair from her face, trying to pull her attention and hopefully wake her up from her relatively unconscious state.

"Oh my god! What happened?" Caroline exclaimed, pushing through the small crowd of students that was beginning to materialise around them both.

"I... I don't know. She just fainted." Tyler answered fearfully.

"Is she okay?" An unrecognisable voice asked ⏤ presumably one of the many students crowding around and watching the scene in alarm.

"I'll get a teacher." Another student chimed in.

"Caroline, what's going on?" Bonnie queried as she pushed past to the front of the crowd before her eyes widened moderately as they settled on the barely conscious blonde in Tyler's arms who let out a subtle groan of pain.

"I'm..." she tried forming words but immediately struggled.

"I swear to god, Liv, if the word okay leaves your lips I'm going to kill you," Tyler murmured in response.

"I just felt light-headed for a moment," Olivia muttered hoarsely.

"I'll take you home, okay?" Tyler continued, noticing the girl nod subtly as he helped pull her to her feet, about to help guide her through the halls and past all the students littered around them in clustered crowds, watching the blonde in concern and muttering amongst themselves.

However, Caroline's voice momentarily halted his actions. "Wait, Tyler, what am I supposed to do?" She asked worriedly.

Tyler looked back at Olivia for a moment who was blinking back her disorientation persistently before his gaze moved back to Caroline. "Call Damon." He told her simply before continuing to support Livv's weight and ensure she wouldn't fall again as they made their way to the set of front doors at the end of the hallway.

Despite his personal opinions on Damon, most of the time he treated Olivia well and the elder Salvatore undoubtedly cared about her; Tyler even suspected he was in love with her but that was beside the point. He really hated admitting it, but Damon was probably the person who'd help her the most right now; who'd get her to open up about what's going on and who'd hopefully help her work things out before they got any worse.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

Damon's perplexed gaze directed through the narrowly ajar door to Olivia's bedroom; his concerned eyes fixated on the tribrid who was laying across the side of her bed, staring at the plain white ceilings above her blankly.

"Look, she's been through a lot so just be patient with her, okay." Tyler's voice sounded through the halls right outside the blonde's bedroom. He didn't particularly bother to retain any volume from his voice or recite his words quietly ⏤ it was evident she had no interest in listening in to their conversation. Tyler was even uncertain that she knew Damon was here at all. "She's been like that since this morning, if not longer. No one's exactly seen her since the day following Homecoming but... she fainted today and she looks like she hasn't been sleeping."

"Yeah, I've got it," Damon responded blandly making Tyler sigh, rolling his eyes lightly at the raven-haired vampire's behaviour before he turned with the intention of leaving.

"Hey," Damon pulled his attention briefly. "Thanks... for getting her home." The expression of gratitude left Damon's lips rather forcefully. He didn't like Tyler ⏤ that was no surprise ⏤ but he liked Liv; he liked Olivia a lot and since she seemed to consider the Lockwood a friend, he supposed it wouldn't kill him to be a little less hostile towards him.

"She is my friend you know," Tyler remarked. "I wouldn't have just left her there unconscious."

Damon rolled his eyes, regretting his momentary expression of thankfulness and quickly resorting back to his usual self. "And she's my girlfriend, so why don't you just accept the gratitude and leave already."

"Yeah, whatever," Tyler mumbled in irritation before he began to leave.

Damon's eyes meanwhile refocused on Olivia, a subtle sigh escaping his lips as he watched her painfully for several neverending moments. She looked so lifeless and... empty. It made him internally cringe. He should have been there. He shouldn't have left her. He should have just gone over and apologised; why did he have to be so stubborn all the time?

Pondering his next move cautiously, he raised his hand to the door, hesitating for a long moment before pushing it further open and taking several proceeding steps inside. She didn't turn to him; nor did she move or react in any way. She just kept lying there motionlessly.

Damon edged towards her bed, sitting beside her. "Liv..." he trailed off softly, unsure where to possibly start. He had so many things to apologise for, so many things he felt guilty for... Too many things for him to initially comprehend and force into a string of words. "I know you probably don't want to see me right now but I ⏤"

"I don't want to talk about it right now." She cut him off hastily, finally daring to meet his concerned blue eyes. "I'm just really tired," She added, making him nod understandably, about to get up and leave; hopefully that way she'd sleep peacefully for once as from her pale complexion and the heavy grey bags beneath her eyes, it was obvious she really needed it.

Noticing that Damon was about to get up, the tribrid instinctively grabbed his hand. "Stay with me?"

"Always." He replied softly. Though, whilst those scarce few words she uttered invoked brief perplex within the Salvatore, he moved to lie down beside her nonetheless whilst Olivia adjusted her own position so she was facing him. For several moments they simply stared at one another silently before Damon finally whispered several more words that he was incapable of retaining. "I missed you." He told her hoarsely, still holding onto her hand affectionately.

Shortly after his words, a long silence lasted between them both. One which Olivia was hesitant to break though found a string of words leaving her own lips that she found herself unable to hold back. "I missed you too." She said making Damon smile softly as he moved his head closer to her own, his eyes briefly flickering to her lips despite hesitating as he leaned in even closer.

Noticing this, the tribrid moved to connect her lips with his, kissing him affectionately and softly for a short moment before she pulled away and rested her head on his chest as Damon wrapped his arm around her. Olivia's own arm draped over his chest, gripping the material of his shirt firmly. "Promise you'll still be here when I wake up?"

"Promise." He answered, kissing her forehead as he ran his hands through her hai. At those words, Olivia relaxed a little more and soon enough, her eyes fluttered closed as she fell into a seamless, calming darkness; even Damon felt so tranquil that he couldn't prevent his eyelids from drooping closed as he similarly drifted off into a dreamless sleep knowing the girl he cared for deeply was safe and in his arms again.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

"I'm worried about her," Caroline continued to stress importantly, walking beside Matt through the forest ⏤ the pair scarcely trailing Bonnie and Elena who were leading them to an unknown destination for Caroline's birthday celebration. "I mean she literally fainted in the middle of the school corridor earlier today."

"She's probably just overwhelmed with everything that happened at Homecoming." Matt reasoned appropriately. "It is a lot to take in..." he added, pausing shortly. "Do you think Mikael was telling the truth?" He found himself querying. "About her parents?"

"Olivia seems to think so," Caroline answered. "But I think it's more than that, Matt. When you lose someone sure you isolate yourself and cry and lash out but... fainting? Something's definitely up with her." The blonde persisted making Matt sigh gently.

"Didn't you mention Damon was with her?" The boy added. "That's a good thing, right?"

"Yeah, but..." she trailed off before shaking her head lightly and hiding the prominent worry and fear flashing through her green irises. "You know what? You're probably right... I'm just overreacting." She brushed off, trying to deteriorate any growing nerves she had. "She'll be fine. She always is." Caroline reassured herself making Matt smile over at the blonde sadly before another silence erupted between the pair once more.

Meanwhile, vaguely ahead of the pair, Bonnie and Elena were absorbed in their own drifting conversation as they continued to navigate through the woods in the current lingering darkness of the late afternoon. It didn't take too long for the witch to notice Elena's halfhearted responses. Amongst another brief silence between them, Bonnie's gaze flickered over to Elena cautiously once more; her eyes glinting with mild concern. "Elena, are you okay?"

Elena's jolted lightly as she was pulled from thought and evidently tilted her head towards her friend. "Um, yeah, it's just..." she trailed off hesitantly. "Olivia kinda... blew up at me about Jeremy."

Bone sighed gently. "I mean it's understandable Elena." She returned. "Compelling him to leave... it wasn't fair to him."

"I know Bonnie. Trust me I already feel terrible about it. I just..." she paused, taking a calming breath. "I don't want him to get hurt."

Bonnie nodded silently, not wanting to stress the matter any further in fear that she'd say something she'd regret. She understood Elena's motives and good intentions but Jeremy meant a lot to Bonnie and when she found out Elena asked Damon to compel him to leave... Well, it stirred up some pain and frustration within her.

Looking back at Elena several moments later, however, her expression seemed to remain unchanged. "Is that the only reason you're upset?"

"I guess." She shrugged back, slightly confused herself. "I don't really know. I mean there's a lot going on with Stefan and..."

"Damon?" Bonnie interjected, giving the brunette a certain look.

Elena sighed heavily. "We're just friends, Bonnie."

Bonnie paused, studying her expression in an attempt to distinguish if she was being honest or not. Eventually, she deemed her words as partially true so sought to continue. "Good, because not only do I still have hope for you and Stefan... but Damon is completely in love with Olivia." She remarked.

"Yeah, Alaric said something similar." She murmured quietly as her eyes moved back to the path ahead of her. She didn't recall the words in love with being mentioned, though, nonetheless, understood they were extremely close and had strong feelings for one another. And she was okay with that because she and Damon were just friends; that's all.

"Speaking of Alaric," Bonnie pulled Elena's attention once more. "The other day we managed to find something among those cave translations and I think it has something to do with Klaus."

Bonnie barely had time to finish her explanation before Caroline's voice erupted between them as she moved to match their pace. "Ugh, can we please not talk about Klaus today. I just want to put my life on pause for a minute and enjoy this day whilst it lasts." She remarked. "We can get back into the supernatural mojo tomorrow."

Bonnie laughed at Caroline's choice of words with a smile. "Deal."

"And that's why I brought tequila," Matt added, approaching the three from behind with the bottle of alcohol in hand making the group exchange smiles and laughs as they continued to venture off into the woods.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

"Liv?" Damon whispered her name softly, brushing the hair from her face and delicately caressing her check as a way to draw her attention and wake her up. "Livy?" He murmured the affectionate nickname slightly louder, this time gently shaking the girl.

They'd both been asleep for several hours now, tangled in each other's warm embrace and resting seamlessly. However, as time dragged on, Damon, despite the pain it caused him, thought to attempt to wake the girl up. He'd tried once before around an hour or so again though when she didn't respond to his quiet whispers of her name, he decided to let her rest for a while longer. Now, however, he tried to wake her once again; nothing ⏤ she didn't respond to his voice or regain any form of consciousness.

Sighing inwardly, Damon proceeded to shake the girl's body once again. "Liv?" This time he said her name significantly louder and he found himself frowning in confusion when she made no response to wake up. The Salvatore pulled himself up moderately, pulling Olivia with him as he shook her yet again, this time harder in an attempt to get a flicker of a response out of her, feeling the alarm within him rise as he forced himself to swallow back any discomfort.

At this point, he knew something was wrong and began mildly panicking. He reached over to his side, switching on the small lamp on her nightstand which instantly buzzed to life as a gentle yellow glow illuminated her skin; her pale and almost grey-toned skin. Touching her arm, she was cold... very cold and the bags beneath her eyes only seemed to have grown heavier in the time she'd been asleep. "No, no, no," Damon muttered, shaking her roughly in aggravation and fear. "Come on, Liv."

As lifelong and neverending seconds passed, Damon could only certify in the same daunting and horrifying revelation... Something was seriously wrong and... and she wasn't waking up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.3K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
92.2K 4.3K 51
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€แ€Šแ€ทแ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€กแ€œแ€พแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€›แ€ฌแ€€ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€บแ€…แ€ฎแ€…แ€‰แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซ...
616K 7.5K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...