❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

By thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... More

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| T W E N T Y |

6K 631 93
By thegirlinstarydreams

When I first met you , I thought that you might be something that i was going to call my life. And I was right !

***

Nandini was on her blind date playing with her fingers when she noticed that the person in front of her was continuously looking at her face, she touched her face and asked him " Is something on my face ."

" No No, Mom said you a elder than me , so you can look after me , but i think apart from that you are obedient and good looking too , If we get married later , and have a baby boy , then you look after the baby or watch home or Tv , I will play games , I will not interfere in your work . What do you think ?"The boy said , Nandini was not at all interested in his talks , she was firstly shocked when he said she is elder than him , she just nervously chuckled at him . 

---- 

After picking Manik from the book store , Mukti , him and Abhi were in Abhi's car driving to somewhere , Manik was settled on the passenger seat while Abhi was driving and Mukti was settled on the back seat . She was looking at both of them as there was complete silence in the car as her brother was somewhat nervous about the whole fake couple thing, so she thought to do something and then it clicked that she and Abhi too are pretending to be a fake couple . 

She was just looking at Abhi , he feeling someone's stare looked at the rear view to feel Mukti staring him , he raised his eyebrow at her , she directed her eyes towards manik to make him feel relax and so act . He nodded and then groaned and said " Ahh Honey , I am hungry and feeling dizzy . "

Manik looked at him , while mukti said " Ohh Darling , i happen to have a chocolate with me , here open your mouth ." She then took out the chocolate wafer from her purse and opening it she moved towards his seat to make him eat , they both were just behaving like an total romantic couple . 

" Is it tasty ? " She asked him , Abhi just moaned in pleasure and nodded yes . 

Manik sighed and said " You two just asked me come with you too disgust me with these acts of your . "  

" Ohh come on Manik , you are going to pretend like a couple , so you must now how couples behave . So we are just helping you to learn the essence of love."  Abhi said casually , concentrating on the driving and Mukti bobbed her head like a cute child . 

" Are you sure this is not dross ? { Dross = rubbish } " Manik aksed him . 

" Listen , girls absolutely love this ." He said , mukti bobbed her head and he continued " So only if you learn how to behave like this , you can pretend well . "

Manik just made a whatever face and sighed , and started looking outside the window , when his phone buzzed , he open his phone and saw there was a message from Nandini .

" I am forced by mom to have another blind date , and he is total freak , please come to help me immediately ."

"Address "

He read the message but not only him , Mukti to read the message and he gasped a little and asked him " Really , brother ? She is with you now , isn't she ? So why did her mother do that ? " Manik just shrugged not knowing what to say .

" Blind date is a good thing , just right . We can take this opportunity to perform a scene like hero saving his beloved heroin . "Abhi said with full enthusiasm , Mukti chuckled at this , he looked at Manik and said " How do you find it ? " He said anything but Abhi took it as a yes and just turned his car to the address Nandini sent .

" Let's Go."

----  

Nandini was dozing off leaning on her palm , she was sleeping in that un comfort position on the blind date , if she told someone , no one would believe that she just dozed of on a date , her head just slipped of from her palm leading to the break of her sleep , her eyes widened when she felt that she just slept , she looked in front and saw that the boy was not there , she was going to take a breathe , when she heard voice of someone sipping a drink from her right side , she looked at that direction and saw the boy sitting right beside her drinking his drink . She gasped looking at him and asked " What are you doing here ? " 

" You look more beautiful from close . " he said with a flirty smile . 

" No .. we should better keep distance . " She said moving a little away from him . 

But he being he just kept moving his chair close to him and said " Hey , I bought movie tickets . It's a late show , i can send you home after the movie ." As he was moving close she just got up from her chair and moved to the opposite chair where he was sitting previously , and he shifted to her chair , so now they were sitting face to face again . 

" If you don't want to go home , we can go to my house ." he said and again got up from that seat and moved towards her while she just shifted to the next chair , they kept doing this mary go round , when he said sitting next to her " Why are you dogging me ? " Nandini gave him an irritated look but didn't said anything . 

----

 " So listen , Only i can make you cry and be their to wipe them away ." Abhi recited a love speech looking form his phone to manik sitting on the passenger seat , Manik just rolled his eyes and asked " Why should i make her or someone cry . " 

" Here , It's because ... " he read something but just swatted his hand away saying " Huh , that's not important now , just listen to me . " 

" In this whole world , I am the only man who can touch you . " he said and looked at him and said " These are all the lines , Above all this your action is important . So the moment you saw her , you just push her against the wall . Just like Kabe-don. " he shouted at the last and furiously slapped his hand on the driver seat just behind Manik's head , making him shocked for a minute . 

" Do you know what is Kabe-don? "Abhi asked him slapping his palm against the seat once again " Just like this , get it .", Manik looked at him and just nodded his head ,understanding his actions . 

{ Kabe -don = Act of pushing someone or slapping  on the wall .}

" Okay then everything is fine , when we get into the restaurant , just pull Nandini up and kiss her , and then tell her that she is your girl , no one except you can touch her , then you can take out 2000 rupees and toss it to the man's face ." Abhi said dramatically , he was literally visualizing the whole scene going on , while the whole time Manik was settled confuse and Mukti was just admiring how Abhi is telling him . 

" Why should I give him money ? " Manik asked in confusion . 

" Huh , it's just a hypothesis , Just assume what would happen ." Abhi answered and then he started reading the love paragraph on his phone again and said " Remember to toss with all your strength . " As he was saying all this manik just concentrated on the driving and ignored his little talk after ward . 

----

 Manik along with Mukti and Abhi reached the restaurant where Nandini was having her blind date , they entered inside and started looking for her , when Manik noticed her sitting uncomfortable on her chair and the boy was looking at her smiling , as soon as he saw her , she too looked at that side and saw him and a sense of relief rushed down her spine . She immediately got up from her seat , and Manik proceeded towards her . 

" Finally you are here ." She exclaimed , without answering her , Manik just grabbed her hand and started moving out of the restaurant . 

" heyy , where are you going with my girlfriend ? " the boy who was seating beside her asked him . Manik stopped at his place and looked at him and smirked and said " Has nobody ever told you she is MY GIRLFRIEND ? " 

" Your girlfriend . " He whispered , Manik just gave him a smirk and started walking with Nandini , the boy was going to follow him , but Abhi and Mukti stopped him . 

 While Manik just dragged Nandini with him outside the restaurant , though he listened to Abhi's whole advice , and he decided he will not do anything like that , but when he saw her sitting with someone unknown he couldn't control himself and he ended up dragging her .  

" Dr. Manik " 

" Dr. Manik "

" Dr. Manik " 

She said panting , but her panting was not going in his ears , she just took her hand away from his grip which made him look at her and saw that was heavily panting and huffing . 

" I can't keep pace with you . Can we have a break ? It hurts  "  She asked him and at last looked at her feet , she was wearing heels which were hurting her . 

" I am sorry , why didn't you told me earlier ? " he said looking at her .

" How could I , and what's wrong with you ? Your expressions makes me scared ." She said making a cute pout and then bent down to see her feet , he looked at her , she was looking so cute , he saw that her right ankle was bruised due to the heels .

Ajj din chadheya
Tere rang varga
Ajj din chadheya
Tere rang varga

  Manik didn't know what happened to him that he couldn't control himself from picking her up in her arms . So he just went behind her and picked her up in his arms . 

Phul sa hai khila aaj din
Rabba mere din yeh na dhale
Woh jo mujhe khwab mein mile
Use tu lagade ab gale
Tenu dil da vaasta

Nandini looked at him in shock , she didn't know how to react , she was loving the way he picked her up , for the first time she  felt him near her , she saw his face near her face ,  as she kept her palm on his back she could feel his muscles on her palm . She was looking at his features , his almond black orbs , sharp chin and the perfect mole just on the left side above his lips . 

Rabba aaya dar digaar ke
Sara jahan chod chaad ke
Mere sapne sawar de
Tenu dil da vasta

" Dr. Manik , Put me down ." She said when she realized that he just picked her up in the middle of the road .

" Don't say no . I don't like this word . " Manik said , though she didn't said no , but indirectly she was denying him from picking her up . 

Ajj din chadheya
Tere rang varga

" I didn't said no , why are you so weird today ? " she asked him , looking curiously at him . She was confused due to his behavior  .

Baksha gunaho ko
Sun ke duwao ko
Rabba pyaar hai
Tune sab ko hi de diya

He looked at her as soon as he heard her question , and put her down as he saw confusion in her eyes and taking a breathe he said " Abhimanyu , told me that you girls like it . "  

" Like what ? "  She asked him . 

Meri bhi aahon ko
Sun le duwao ko
Mujhko woh dila maine jisko hai dil diya

" Bossy Boyfriends ." He said ever so cutely with a pout that any girl can melt for him . She chuckled at him but went all aww on his pout . 

" That's true . But that's in novel and movies . It's strange to be like that in real life . " She explained him . 

" I knew it . "  he mumbled and was giving curses to Abhi to tell him all this.

Aasmaan pe aasmaan uske de itna bata
Woh jo mujhko dekh ke hase
Pana chahun raat din jise
Rabba mere naam kar use
Tenu dil da vasta

He then looked at her she was looking at him all smiling , he remembered her foot and saw it was getting more red so he said " Let me carry you , Your foot got scratched . "

Ajj din chadheya
Tere rang varga

And he turned around and bent a little so that she could climb on his back and he could pick her up like a back pack , she hesitated a bit but then she know she could not walk in her bruised leg so just linked her arms around his neck and he held her legs at the side of his torso and she kept her head on his shoulder .

(Maanga jo mera hai
Jaata kya tera hai
Maine kaun si tujhse jannat maang li
Kaisa khuda hai tu
Bas naam ka hai tu
Rabba jo teri itni si bhi na chali) - 2

He started walking down the street with her on the back , when She asked him " was that taught by Mukti " She said about the act he did previously .

He chuckled and said " By her and Abhi . " 

Chahiye jo mujhe
Kar de tu mujhko ata
Jeeti rahe saltanat teri
Jeeti rahe ashiqui meri
Dede mujhe zindagi meri

" Are you having extra lessons on purpose just for us pretending to be lovers ? " She asked him , While Manik just said a yeah , Nandini blushed a little and said " It's just pretend to be , I don't know you will keep it in mind . " 

Tenu dil da vasta
Rabba mere din yeh na dhale
Woh jo mujhe khwab mein mile
Use tu lagade ab gale
Tenu dil da vasta

" Thank you Dr. Manik . " She said smiling at him . 

" I made a promise to you , and promised must be done well . " He said smiling at her , thought she couldn't see it but she felt his cheek stretched. 

Rabba aaya dar digaar ke
Sara jahan chod chad ke
Mere sapne sawar de
Tenu dil da vasta
Ajj din chadheya
Tere rang varga

" Come on , let me send you home . "  he said walking . 

" Umm . Can we stop to eat ? "  She asked him and said " I felt sick just now and had nothing . " 

He chuckled at this and said " Okay , let's go . " And started moving to a place where they can eat something healthy . 

Ajj din chadheya
Tere rang vargaaaa...

She was just smiling looking at him he noticed this and asked her " What are you smiling for ? " 

" I must say , the way you pretended to be a bossy boyfriend just now makes you pretty handsome . What else did they teach you ? " She asked him chuckling . 

" Umm .. Form now on in this world only i can touch you . " He said reciting the line which abhi told him . 

She laughed and asked " Anything else ? While Manik continued telling her what all abhi taught  him . 

Ajj din chadheya
Tere rang vargaaa..
Din chadheyaaaa..

----

Affection : Expression For Love 

It was late night when arayaman staying at the office was signing the files which were pending from days as he was not able to concentrate on work , he just signed the last file and relaxed back on his chair and asked Anuj "Is that all ? "

" Yes , boss ."He said and forwarded him the glass of water to drink . Arayaman took the glass and drank the water as it was much needed and then keeping it on the desk he looked at anuj .

" Anuj , You have been working for me for years , Now that Nandini has left , Many things would depend on you. Or else , if all has to be done by myself ,I can't finish even though I work to death ."Arayaman said sincerely , though his was an average boyfriend of Nandini , but he was damn serious when it came to his work , after all it was his hard earned position which no one can  deny .

" I know Boss , It's because Nandini was too capable. As long as she was here we don't need to worry about anything . She really spoiled us ."Anuj said , Arayaman chuckled and said " Yes , me too ." as there were many incidents where Nandini had there back , be it professional or personal . 

" What time is it ? " Arayaman asked as soon as something clicked in his mind . 

" It's nine o'clock ." Anuj said looking in his phone . 

" She probably has yet gone to bed at this time . Let's go . " Arayaman said thinking and at at last with excitement , Anuj's jaw dropped looking at his boss as he was thinking to go to his girlfriend's okay sorry ex-girlfriend's house so to just confirm that is he hearing right he asked what . 

" Let's go to Nandini's place . " Arayaman said smiling and got up from his chair and Anuj just followed him dumb founded . 

----

" I am so full . It seems I need to do some exercise before bed ." Nandini said to Manik as they were walking down to her home and Manik was accompanying her .  Her ankle was now fine , Manik have applied medicine on it to lessen the marks and pain too . 

Manik looked at her with a stern glare and said " No strenuous exercise ." { Strenuous = which require great efforts or exertion.}

Lost and  lonely, coz you' re the only
O

ne that knows me and I can' t be without you
Lost and lonely, coz you' re the only
One that knows me and I can' t be without you 

They stopped at the reached Nandini's apartment , She pouted at him and said " It's your fault if I gain weight . "  Manik smiled at her . As she noticed that they have stopped she said " All right we are here now , Thank You , Manu . For taking me to dinner and sending me home . "

" That's what a boyfriend should do , right ."  He said winking at her , she chuckled at him and said " Good , you are into the character ." 

Hai kya yeh jo tere mere darmiyan hai
An-dekhi ansuni ko dastaan hai

" So as a girlfriend , should i invite you inside ? " She asked him playing along . 

Manik looked at his watch and said " No , it's too late . We are just in a relationship . We don't need to be so fast . " 

She giggled at his answer but it was not hidden that a slight pink hue crept on her cheek like a traitor.  

Hai kya yeh jo tere mere darmiyan hai
An-dekhi ansuni koi dastaan hai
Lagne lagi ab zindagi khaali hai meri
Lagne lagi har saans bhi khaali 

" I used to think you are reserved , but now you are getting more humorous  ." She said smiling at him . 

" Really? well , I am happy for you . " He said in full sarcasm. 

She made a bad face and said " You narcissist ." { narcissist - it had a long definition but in simple words self obsessed .}

"All right , I will get in now . You drive carefully ."She said , he nodded at her smiling .  

[Lost and lonely]

, bin tere,
bin tere[Lost and lonely]
Koi khalish hai hawaon mein
bin tere[Lost and lonely] 

She looked at him for a minute and then open her arms wide saying " A hug ? " Manik chuckled at her cuteness and embraced her in his arms and this time he wrapped his arms around her completing the hug , she smiled at him and just said " Good night , girlfriend " 

" Good night , boyfriend ." She said smiling and they broke apart . She bid him bye and he stayed near her door till she went inside smiling , As he saw that she went inside he smiled and started moving towards the main square where he parked his car .

Bin tere, bin tere, bin tere
[Lost and lonely]
Koi khalish hai hawaon mein bin tere

Though this happy moment of theirs was just not theirs , it was seen by Arayaman and Anuj who were settled in Arayaman's car , and were waiting for Nandini to arrive as when they came the house was locked so they thought to wait for her , and then they saw her and Manik together and heard their talks too .

Ajnabi se hue hain kyun pal saare

Ke nazar se nazar yeh milaate hi nahi..
Ik ghani tanhayi chha rahi hai
Manzilein raaston mein hi ghum hone lagi
Ho gayi ansuni har dua ab meri
Reh gayi ankahi bin tere..

" Umm boss , shall we go ? " anuj asked as he saw Arayaman was busy glaring Manik .

Arayaman didn't said anything but just drove  his car away from her home , he got his car on the main road and was driving the car in full speed , Anuj who was settled beside him was getting sacred due the speed . 

[Lost and lonely]

Bin tere, bin tere, bin tere
[Lost and lonely]
Koi khalish hai hawaon mein

bin tere[Lost and  lonely]
Bin tere, bin tere, bin tere[Lost and lonely]
Koi khalish hai hawaon mein bin tere 

" Boss , We are over speeding , calm down yourself . " Anuj said to him . But Arayaman didn't paid any heed to his talks and just increased the speed of the car . Anuj was just looking at him and then at the road , he was glad that the road was empty if not they must have an accident by now . 

Raah mein roshni ne hai kyun hath chhoda

Is taraf shaam ne kyun hai apna muh moda
Yun ke har subah, ik be-reham si raat ban gayi.
.Hai kya yeh jo tere mere darmiyaan hai
Andekhi ansuni koi dastaan hai
Lagne lagi ab zindagi khaali khaali
Lagne lagi har saans bhi khaali

Anuj was just scared looking at his look and then his eyes zoomed towards the signal which was red , he shouted " Boss , it's red light ." Arayaman finally heard this and applied brake , and finally his car came to a screech stop .

[Lost and lonely]
Bin tere, bin tere, bin tere
[Lost and lonely]
Koi khalish hai hawaon mein bin tere
[Lost and lonely]
Bin tere, bin tere, bin tere
[Lost and lonely]
Koi khalish hai hawaon mein bin tere

 Anuj took a deep breath finding the car stopped finally , while on the side Arayaman felt his heart speed up and he just opened his seat belt and moved out of the car .

" Boss ? " Anuj shouted at him but again he became deaf to his shouted and pleading and just moved across the road while Anuj just stood  near the car looking at him going . 

[Lost and lonely, lost and lonely]

Koi khalish hai hawaon mein bin tere
[Lost and lonely, lost and lonely]
Koi khalish hai hawaon mein bin tere 

After Arayaman left the car he went to a near by bar and he just got drunk to no extent , he came out of the bar holding a beer can and just got settled on the footpath , he picked out his phone and looked at the old photos of him and  Nandini , he remembered the days when he saw Manik and Nandini together when she ran out due to his proposal . He cried out his heart , knowing he lost her , lost for ever .

***

Chapter 20 ❤

How is it ...

Hope you guys liked it..

A long long chapter ...

Precap : A small date .

Thank You 

Love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 5.4K 13
There is always a fine line for a thought process before making the ultimate decision. But what if it becomes too hazy and you end up crossing it? **...
16.5K 1.4K 26
A manan story inspired by the malayalam movie NIRAM. To know more peep inside. Hope you guys like it.
58.4K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...
70.6K 3.1K 7
A series of short stories, featuring Manik/Parth and Nandini/Niti as protagonists. ❤ List of stories:- 1. A Day With Me (2/2) 2. It's Never Too Late...