Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

54

5.5K 153 11
By AMAC45

Hope's POV

"Oh Balto." I mumble as I pet my daughter's Emotional support dog while we wait in the hospital waiting room. "When is Audrey gonna catch a break?"

After Audrey got hurt I raced down to the sideline's of the Orlando stadium and Alyssa helped me onto the field then she held me in place so I wouldn't be in the way of the paramedics. One of the Arsenal staff handed me Audrey's stuff and Balto while I was waiting then I went with my daughter to the hospital. Once in the hospital Audrey was rushed into surgery and I was led to a waiting room which is where I have been for the past three hours.

"How is she?" Ash asks when she and Ali bust into the room.

"Well hello to you to Ash." I say.

"Sorry." Ash says. "Hi Hope how are you?"

"Well Audrey's out of surgery so I'm doing better."

"What'd they tell you?" Ali inquires.

"Nothing yet. They just told me a minute ago that she's out of surgery and the doc will be in soon." I say then I look at the married couple. "Not that I don't love you two for being here, but where is Kelley?"

"We saw both teams after the game and told them to shower and change at their hotels then we'd tell them when and where to come." Ali says then Balto barks.

"Hi Balto." Ash says and scratches the huskies head.

Audrey and I called the National team coaching staff to tell them about Audrey needing an Emotional support animal and we told them that Balto needed to be brought everywhere with Audrey and they immediately agreed which is nice.

"Ms. Solo?"

"Yes?" I say and stand up.

"If you'd come with me I can take you to your daughter."

I nod then grab Balto and Audrey's stuff then Krashlyn and I follow the nurse to the elevator, up 7 floors, and into Audrey's room.

"She's still under anesthesia so she'll be sleepy for a while." The nurse says as a man and a woman in scrubs walk in.

"What happened?" I ask

"When Audrey was fouled the studs of the opponent chipped part of the bone off and the chip severed a blood vessel which is what made her pass out on the field. We were able to fix it pretty easily then I handed surgery off to my colleague." The man says as Balto whimpers at the sight of Audrey.

"Audrey also had some torn ankle ligaments so I took out the chipped bone fragments then I repaired the ankle ligaments." The woman says as I lay Balto down on Audrey's stomach

"How long do you think she'll be out?" I question as Balto lays on Audrey's stomach

"6 weeks until everything is healed then she'll need to rehab the ankle."

"And when can she leave?"

"A couple days." The man says. "We just wanna make sure the artery's healing properly."

The surgeons and the nurse leave the room so I put Audrey's stuff down then I pull a chair next to her and sit next to her.

"Was part of that foul intentional?" I question.

"Maybe a little bit, but I think it was an attempt to get the ball." Ali says.

"Why partly?"

"Last year when Audrey came to terms that she was just going to be friends with Julie she accepted it then Alanna used her for a couple weeks, but Alanna ended it. We all thought Alanna was over it, but I guess not." Ash says.

"Stupid Australian bitch." I mumble.

"There are a few people here to see Ms. Solo." Some nurse says.

"They can come in." I say.

"All of them?"

"How many are there?" Ash asks.

"Like 30 or 40." The nurse says.

"Hope we'll go talk to them." Ali says.

"Send Daan in." I say.

Ali nods then she and Ash leave the room.

"mmmmm." I hear Audrey groan so I look at her and see she's already looking at me. "Mom?"

"Hi baby." I say then lean over and kiss her head.

"What happened?" Audrey asks.

"You got injured babygirl." I say.

"Oh...Who's the pretty lady?" Audrey says then she points towards the door.

I look towards the door and see Daan walking into the room.

"That's your girlfriend Audrey."

"Ooh." Audrey says. "I hit the fucking Jackpot."

"Anesthesia?" Daan questions and I nod.

"Mommy?" Audrey asks.

"Yeah babygirl?" I ask.

"Do you know if the team gave out my Arsenal jersey's to the fans."

"Umm." I say then look at Audrey's Girlfriend.

"They did Audi." Daan says.

"Mkay." Audrey says then she wraps her arms around Balto. "Nighty night."

Audrey swiftly falls asleep causing me and Daan to chuckle.

"She's such a dork." Daan says as she free's Balto from Audrey's grasp.

"She is." I say and smile. "But she's our dork."

- - - - -

Audrey's POV

"There we go." Daan says as she lays down next to me.

We got home from America yesterday and my Mom came with us so she could help around the house for a bit.

"Daan?" I question as my girlfriend and I cuddle.

"Yeah Audi?" Daan says and looks at me.

"Will...Will you move in with me?"

"I'd love to Audrey." Daan says with a smile then she kisses me.

Once we're done kissing Daan keeps her eyes on me.

"What's on your mind Audrey?" Daan asks as my Mom sits down on the other side of me.

"I'm still scared." I admit as Balto jumps on the couch. "What if he escapes again?"

"Audrey you know where he is now." Mom says as Balto sits in my lap. "He's in a Supermax prison and will never get out......Audrey what's really bothering you."

"I still see his face when I go to sleep." I admit. "I don't wanna go outside anymore because I'm scared I'm gonna get taken again."

"Audrey I can't promise you that nothing bad will happen to you again." Mom says. "But I can promise you that when either Daan or I am around we will make sure you are safe at all times."

I sigh then nod right as someone rings my doorbell.

"I got it." Mom says then she disappears into the hallway leading to the front door.

A moment or two later I hear my Mom shout for me so I crutch to the front door.

"Some people are here to see you." Mom says.

"Can I help you?" I question and look at the two Blonde women.

"Are you Audrey Solo?"

"I am." I say.

"We're your sisters."

"Excuse me?"

"Is this your father?" One of the Blonde asks and shows me a picture.

"It is." My Mom says.

"Well this is our Dad."

"Oh."

"We should probably introduce ourselves." The other blonde says. "Hi I'm Andrine Hegerberg."

"And I'm Ada Hegerberg."

"Audrey Solo." I say and shake their hands. "We should probably come inside to finish this conversation."

The Hegerberg sisters nod then all of us head to the living room.

"Uh Daan these are my half-sisters Ada and Andrine Hegerberg." I say then I sit down next to my girlfriend.

"What?" Daan asks and looks between everyone.

"Hey it's news to me." Mom says.

"Me too." I say.

"We found out yesterday." Andrine says.

"Wait how did you know where I lived?" I question.

"We played with Lia Wälti in Germany so we texted her and asked." Ada says. "I promise we're not creepy."

"So how are you guys sisters?" Mom asks.

Ada and Andrine look at each other and sigh then they explain everything.

"So your dad cheated on your Mom by sleeping with my Mom when she was 16?" I question once my half-sisters are done explaining.

"Looks that way." Andrine says.

"Well damn." I say then I look at my Mom. "Please tell me it was consensual."

"It was." Mom says.

"Can I ask you two something?" I ask and look at the Hegerberg's

"Of course."

"You're dad had the gene that caused me to be born the way I am so......are you like me?" I ask.

I know this because the doctors said it was from a paternal gene

"I am not." Ada says.

"Neither am I." Andrine says.

"Who told you all of this?" I ask.

"Our dad did." Ada says.

"Ah." I say. "Does he want to talk to me?"

"He does."

"Tell him I've said all I've had to say to him." I say.

"You met him before?" Andrine asks.

"A year ago." I say.

Ada and Andrine nod then we continue getting to know each other for the next couple of hours.

"Well we gotta get back to our hotel before we're late for curfew." Ada says then I nod.

My Mom helps me up then I hug my new half-sisters before Mom and Daan show them out.

Once the two Norwegians, who are now back playing for Norway, leave my Mom and Daan come back into the room then my Mom hugs me.

"Do you regret having me?" I ask.

"Not one bit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 689 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...
207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...
648K 15.1K 96
11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis Astrid is called up. What will happen wi...
The Crown By Alex

Fanfiction

250K 9K 74
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...